Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,874 members, 7,817,572 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:41 PM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43513 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mpowa(m): 8:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

Of course not

It was created
But not by those entities you people are praying to

But everything (and i mean EVERYTHING) started from nothing

You are a creation and also a s

A creator is not greater than his/her creation cause he/she just harnessed energy to create
cause everything is ENERGY!
and everything is EVERYTHING
grin grin. I sincerely don't want to have this kind of conversation, but it's just laughable that you people will run away from God and rather believe in things that sound more foolish than simply believing in God. what is ENERGY? Energy is now ur Creator, don't you need more FAITH to believe in that hogwash than simply believe God? Charles Darwin told you, you came from ape, and we're still waiting for ape to turn to human, but guess what you'll rather believe in that. Because really God created us to BELIEVE, it's His attribute in all human beings, but when you don't use it rightly you embrace the wrong one, when you run away from the TRUTH, you run to LIES and make yourself FEEL GOOD about it.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 8:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

But God can? Why add more mystery to mystery.. How much do you know about nature to determine it's unable to produce life without help from any external interference?

How much do you know about nature to determined that there isnt a Supreme Being who designed it?
Tell me about the second law of thermodynamics and how it relates to creation....
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by AjaoMT2: 8:58pm On Mar 28, 2016
It is a big mistake to think that nothing was lost because Jesus rose from the dead. Jesus came to earth as a man. He was not initially one(Jn.1:1-5, 14) and he was not an angel (Heb. 1:4-14) and so the question is what was he , if not God?
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

As an analogy, try to imagine your earthly father as having special powers. Imagine that he created rats. Imagine the rats infected by a virus. Imagine that you are the one who was sent to save the rats. For this, you have to cease to be a human being and become a rat (uninfected) as you need to be one of them to communicate with them and to be a sacrifice for their sin. You have to give up your humanity and all your special powers you had like your dad. The infected rats would kill and devour you and you would lose your life as a rat and not as a human being. Now your father raises you back as a super-rat with a different body with special powers but never again as a human being. The interesting thing now is that we have a MAN (heb. 8:24,25; Heb 8:1-2 ) in heaven representing you and I, a new kind of man- the God-Man. When you plant a seed (and the bible uses this analogy concerning Christ's death) doesn't the seed lose its life in the soil? The mere fact that the seed produces an harvest does not mean that it was not a sacrifice and nothing was lost. Moreover, the sacrifice was an atonement for sin and not just a losing something but I will stop here for now.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by gloriteyemi(m): 8:59pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jesus is the Lord.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Princewell2012(m): 9:00pm On Mar 28, 2016
Mmmmm, i have lost my earlier post on these, but i will just make it short.

@op, the body Jesus resureted with, is not the same body he died with,.

Read the book of revelation, read about his configuration.

That's why he could not allow Mary to touch him, Mary could have been a dead person.

Imagine hugging a high tension wire...

The birth of Jesus, his death and resuration are full of mysteries and wonders behond human comprension.

The only things Satan hate to hear is the dead of Jesus.

That is the only power that defeated Satan forever.

Pls nobody should allow the op to deceive and confused them.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mart2k(m): 9:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

Lemme lecture u small, His work on earth wl nt b completed if he did not die because He needs to go down in to d earth to conquer death. It ws after he conquered death dat he resurrected. In summary, He finishes everything appointed to do on face of d earth b4 He died n ws buried so dat He can go down into d earth to complete His work after which He ressurrected n ascended to heaven. If uar a Christian u wl understand me better. Cheers
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by GooseBaba: 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
micodon:

"the traditional story of Israel" said that
1. the Earth was hanging on nothing.
2. The Earth is a circle
3. Talked about the water circle of the earth

All of these..... Tens of Centuries before science even began having wrong ideas.

You need to be Smart and think for yourself

Exactly.... The traditional stories of israel "..how is that your story. Are you an isrealite!? If you're not i suggest you take your own advice seriously and start thinking for yourself.

Sometimes people just dey misyarn... What is science?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 9:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
musKeeto:

In summary, Jesus' sacrifice was the pain and anguish leading he suffered leading up to his death, since he never really lost His life. At best, it was a hibernation. How is that a more worthy sacrifice than his disciples who paid the ultimate price of death and stayed dead?

Getting resurrected means you never 'died' . In fact, this forms a core part of Christian theology on death. Death is viewed as a form of temporary sleep. Like Sleeping Beauty, The Prince of Peace shall come in all of his glory and his kiss shall awaken thee. SELAH.

As I earlier said, the livestock sacrificed in the Old Testament never had the option of resurrection. Either ways, your arguments takes the gloss off the 419 of Calvary. One doesn't need to be divine to suffer pain and anguish.

"getting resurrected means you never died".... How unintelligent can one be? Gosh!!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
micodon:

How much do you know about nature..
Not much. I admit I'm ignorant and make no claims to any. Others choose to worship their ignorance and call it God.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by sportskid(m): 9:06pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jesus died for the salvation of mankind,he rose from the dead as evidence of our eternal salvation, we serve a living God,Jesus is alive forever.It has nothing to do with technology he is risen and ascended to heaven.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
Help me ask them.
Why did Jesus's story end after his resurrection? How did he finally die? Did he ascend to heaven? Did he continue living his life amongst men?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 9:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Not much. I admit I'm ignorant and make no claims to any. Others choose to worship their ignorance and call it God.

You had to modify my question to remove the basic idea.... Tells me all I need to know about you.... I call this "sleek ignorance"
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mart2k(m): 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
Obviously you haven't encountered hard-boiled Christ defenders of the insane types who will tell you some UFO technology was involved such that those back then wouldn't have understood.

Why didn't you contact someone at the Vatican ? or report to the nearest Catholic center.

Get where exactly ? And who are the we ?

If it was distorted, then it means there exist the genuine story, thus why would anyone want to have the original thing distorted, only to render it ridiculous ? To what purpose ? To what end ? I say there was never a Jesus story. Given to some of my private researches. . .I think perhaps whatever the genuine story was, it was Europeanized or might I say semiticized by Europeans.
We know people like u, uar not d first to critisize Jesus n u wl nt b d last. Uar too small to do dat; even ur master satan, devil, lucifer or whateva name d idiot is called even recognise Jesus n he trembles when he hears His name. At d end of d day, u n ur master, devil wl b cast into lake of fire for eternity. So, uar too small
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by ugowinn(m): 9:09pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

Thank you. So, according to that definition, if I lose my sleep in order to burn the midnight oil, does it mean what I did is not a sacrifice even if I get to sleep, say, 15 hours later?
May God bless you
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

So how does denying the existence of that which can not be proved amount to faith? Is WHITE a type of BLACK?

This is the point of faith. God might exist or might not. Scientifically in the physical universe we do not accept as true that which is unproven (although it may be accepted as true later if evidence emerges). As God (if he exists) created the universe and is therefore beyond it he exists beyond science. We cannot thetefore make any determination as the existence or otherwise.

The agnostic (who at the least has the logical position) says I dont know in the face of lack of evidence either way.

The believers and non believers ( hint: the clue is in the word belief ) adopt a position each equally valid.

Is any of this percollating through?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
micodon:

You had to modify my question to remove the basic idea.... Tells me all I need to know about you.... I call this "sleek ignorance"
Call it what you want. Your freedom, your right.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

This is the point of faith. God might exist or might not.

Is non-faith a type of faith? In typography, is sans serif a type of serif?

Christians will lie and kill Jesus again just to win a believer. Lol.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by nocera(m): 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
"But people who aren't spiritual can't receive these truths
from God's Spirit. It all sounds foolish to them and they
can't understand it, for only those who are spiritual can
understand what the Spirit means". (1Corinthians 2:14 NLT). Death himself could not hold Him (Christ Jesus)... ( "Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 1Corinthians 15:55NIV). How can He remain dead when death himself lost the struggle and eventualy, his dentition? Now he alluded His death to Jonah's "For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly
of a huge fish, so the Son of Man will be three days and
three nights in the heart of the earth". Jonah indeed died on getting to the seabed, and saw himself behind the bars of hell!...check what he said (Jonah 2:1-5,6.) Let me para-phrase those verses; Jonah saw himself at the bottom of the sea with the seaweeds wrapping his head. He saw himself behind the bars of hell in verse 6 meaning, he had died and his disobedient soul was trapped in hell. The fish that swallowed him was prepared (re-oriented anatomicaly: I'm not a medical student o!) by God, to preserve the physical body from being eaten by ordinary fish. So Jesus undestood what happened to Jonah and refered His death to Jonah's. Now hear this "because you will not abandon me to the realm of the
dead, nor will you let your FAITHFUL ONE see decay. (Psalm 16:10NIV) this prayer was obviously made for Him propheticaly!! So you see, it's only God who could raise both Christ Jesus His Son and Jonah, His servant from the dead and never allowed their bodies to 'see corruption' (decay). Furthermore if death'll eventualy be destroyed (Revelation 20:14) and ALL the dead (even those who "sacrificed" their lives), will subsequently be raised back to life(Revelation 20:13), then... who died? It's quite understandable why many christians have refused to argue about this mystery that fazes the unsaved. I won't blame anyone for not accepting this great truth. I can't claim to be able to convince anyone either. So friends, in order not to deepen hatred for one another it's better you allow whoever guides your spirit and whatever influences your thoughts lead you instead of trying to make a mess out of eating a boiled egg.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 9:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
micodon:

The very science that has misled you says that something cannot come out of nothing

This is not science

Science is controlled information also used to spread misinformation
No much different from religion

This is about understanding a complex system from the basics

To understand a complex system you have to start by understanding the basics

And what are the basics of life and existence in general??

They are right there in front of you! (ie: if can see whats in front of you, and i mean SEE!)
not in some phantom heavenly planet
or some Dawning inspired scientific mumbo jumbo
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Maximus85(m): 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
To any who cares to listen.

Adam was a perfect man. He sinned, became Imperfect and produced Imperfect children who get sick, suffer and die because of a sin they know nothing about.

God wanted to exercise justice even in his own case. Imperfect cannot redeem Imperfect. And sacrifice of equal quality was needed. Adam lost perfect life, we need a perfect man to redeem us from Imperfection. Who could do it here on earth? No one!

So the second Adam - Jesus had to come and die in our place.

You might get confused cos your pastors say Jesus is coming again and all eyes will see him. If that happens, then, OP you have a case. But it won't happen. If we all see Jesus again, then it nothing but OJORO. HOW CAN YOU BUY BREAD AND STILL KEEP YOUR MONEY?
Jesus gave his body/flesh and precious blood.
When he resurrected, did he use the door in entering the midst of his disciples? NO! When he was walking with his disciples on the road, did they see or recognised him? No!

Have you wondered why his disciples asked him for the SIGNS OF HIS PRESENCE? if they were still expecting to see him physically, would they have asked for signs? NO!

SO OP, JESUS CHRIST'S DEATH WAS A SACRIFICE, HE DIDN'T RESURRECT BACK AS A PHYSICAL PERSON.

Some may say what did Thomas felt? Jesus has performed plenty miracles. Couldn't we just accept that as a miracle?

Why didn't Jesus go to those that killed him when he resurrected?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by son4century(m): 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
victorazy:

God is Jesus and Jesus is God "I and my father are One"

Jesus is God in form of man and God is God in form of Father and Holy ghost is God in form of spirit.

This is something you don't understand with canal reasoning or thinking.
U are ignorant

True knowledge begins with the knowledge of our own ignorance

Try and seek TRUE knowledge Bro

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 9:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:
How can it be known if it can not be tested?
You believe in the Big Bang, I suppose
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mart2k(m): 9:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
kevoh:

1. That is not a sacrifice. Where is the good cause here? compare your younger one sleeping in your bed and sacrifice of your kidney to save a life? Which is heavier? You lent your brother your sleeping space in your bed and went to sleep on the armchair and you call that sacrifice! It's like lending him the bed for three days AND YOU KNOW YOU WILL NOT LOSE THE BED because he will be gone by then. Emphasis on the loss.

2.Same as Number 1. You have lent something you know you will not lose and get back after some days. That's not a sacrifice. Refer to the definition again.

3. Same as Number 1. Refer to the definition again.

There is no need for much argument here!
Uar really a confused being
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Charly68: 9:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
Romans 1:28-32 (KJV)
28And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient; 29[Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,] 30[Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,] 31[Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:] 32Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
- The question above is born out of a carnal mind ..using logic to reason out the things of God can only take man out of his will ,the rabbis and the pharisees of his time committed the same error & they missed their day of visitation .
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Mackson01: 9:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
Your eye will soon clear when you find yourself burning in hell.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
victorazy:

God is Jesus and Jesus is God "I and my father are One"

Jesus is God in form of man and God is God in form of Father and Holy ghost is God in form of spirit.

This is something you don't understand with canal reasoning or thinking.

Excuse me sir... Jesus is not God.... john 10:30 does not mean that Jesus and God are one and the same just as John 17:21 does not mean that Jesus is one and the same with his disciples...... Take a look at John 14:28
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
micodon:

You believe in the Big Bang, I suppose
Tbh, I don't understand it well enough to say I 'believe' in it. Just never had real interest to look into it. Anyways, people denied God even before the Big Bang theory was postulated, so I wonder why you think it is an alternative to the Bible's story of creation.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mart2k(m): 9:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

In other words, my 'giving up' the use of my bed for three days does not count as sacrifice because it does not entail permanent loss? Therefore, any act of giving up something which does not constitute permanent loss is lending, not sacrifice. Interesting.

Lol. Going by your 'definition' of sacrifice as an act that is "heavy" and constitutes permanent loss, I'll say my act of giving up the use of my laptop for the day so that another may use it for his benefit is not a sacrifice.

I get you. A temporary loss of something is lending while a permanent loss of something is sacrifice. Lolz. May I remind you that you defined sacrifice as:

On that note, I rest my case.
Dnt mind him, he is as confuse as his master, lucifer. Just let d idiot b
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by lumeneng22: 9:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
If you ask mr na who I go ase
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 9:20pm On Mar 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

This is not science

Science is controlled information also used to spread misinformation
No much different from religion

This is about understanding a complex system from the basics

To understand a complex system you have to start by understanding the basics

And what are the basics of life and existence in general??

They are right there in front of you! (ie: if can see whats in front of you, and i mean SEE!)
not in some phantom heavenly planet
or some Dawning inspired scientific mumbo jumbo

So the basic of life and existence in general is not science? Where are you from?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by micodon(m): 9:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Tbh, I don't understand it well enough to say I 'believe' in it. Just never had real interest to look into it. Anyways, people denied God even before the Big Bang theory was postulated, so I wonder why you think it is an alternative to the Bible's story of creation.

What do you believe in?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by hab1612(m): 9:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

Lol. True. Other examples you fail to consider:

1. I sacrifice (give up) my bed so that my younger one may sleep in it for three nights. Have I lost my bed forever

[/b]Yes, you have lost dat time for ever, U can only get another time[b]

2. I sacrifice (give up) the use of my laptop for the day so that a friend may use it to complete an assignment. Have I lost my laptop forever?

3. I sacrifice (give up) my car so that my brother may use it to go for a job interview in time since his is still under repair. Have I lost my car forever?

What in the definition of sacrifice implies that the use of the word must be associated with permanent loss?
HELLO[b][/b]
you can never get these TIME back you can ONLY have another one n if you die befor the time for another one??
Yes, you have lost dat time for ever, U can only get another

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (18) (Reply)

"Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Human Robotic School Built In Ukraine By A Nigeria Pastor & Others (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.