Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,786 members, 7,817,259 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43505 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mpowa(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
victorazy:

Yes I understand u brother, but we don't have to cuz that's why we're knowledgeable and highly spiritual than them. Remember, this day can be used against you in the court of law that u could have saved souls but u didn't put much effort to convince them.

What Soul are you saving? Trying to convince people who've made up their mind? that's not how to save souls; the Kingdom harvest is only for ready souls... Bible says don't get involve in vain ARGUMENTS they only lead to more ungodliness, just do one simple thing for them, Pray that they have a problem that no man can solve - see how they'll run to you and before you even open your mouth they say I BELIEVE.

There are two ways people created by God learn
1. Humble has a child; submit to God, and just BELIEVE, don't try to prove God
2. Stubborn as a goat; These ones, if God really wants to save them, He makes them suffer - den go come humble - All their philosophies and intelligence go jump out of the window - SOME PEOPLE NEEDS THAT.

If there's any 3rd choice na eternal destruction be that, I don't pray that for anybody.

2 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by karkel(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
macof:
Jesus is dead and he will always remain dead
he is alive,been made king in heaven and waiting for the conclusion of the system things to make himself available ie his second coming then u will believe
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by HumbleServant(m): 7:31pm On Mar 28, 2016
Atlantian:
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.
On dat day, u shall eat ur words. God bless u sir!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Mar 28, 2016
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 corinthians 1:18
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Jeromejnr(m): 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
Raziii:
you know what I have found out?... People say they don't believe in God or Jesus because it is convenient for them... That way they can do all sort of terrible things without feeling guilty about it... Their beliefs are born out of convenience

True!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by ginkybobs: 7:33pm On Mar 28, 2016
If sins in the old testament were forgiven by a goat being killed after your sins have been transferred to it, then Jesus dying and resurrecting shouldn't be much of a question. It's basic law principle, a life for sin.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Very incorrect but just the sort of confused thinking you seem always to exhibit.

What does "define his presence" mean? Lol.

Only agnosticism does not require faith.

By the way I am not agnostic.
It's just fun watching you dodge the obvious. Somehow, non-faith is a type of faith, and you keep on bringing in agnosticism like you just learnt the word. Good for you.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
Vecto:

Thanks but no thanks really....

Have you ever watched debates? You do realize making a straw man out of your opponents arguments makes you damn silly...

So try to read and understand the opposing parties views before engaging them in a debate.

Their is nothing you talk about in that evil book that i don't know of (you can quote any part)
Reading it is not the problem

The problem is what you do to your self while naively reading it

The people who killed, raped and ravaged you gave you (deceptively and forcefully) that book to read it and believe it

Now ask your self something

How can people who killed, raped, ravaged, destroyed and are still seeking for my total and utter destruction CONSCIOUSLY GIVE ME SOMETHING THAT BENEFITS ME

think Africans!
THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by egobetatoday: 7:36pm On Mar 28, 2016
huntax:

Your theory is flawed. Not that I want to get involved in the whole Jesus thing, as I'm a Muslim and we believe Jesus is coming back and will be given the privilege to judge, but you can't sacrifice your life and get the chance to use it, like, say, 72 hours later. If we die, we die. Stop using sleep as an analogy, it's a mismatch, really.

so u are a muslim and you believe Jesus is coming to judge? which chapter in the quran?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by gud4dbest(m): 7:37pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

In what context does sacrifice mean permanence? That is what I'm after. Show me the definition of sacrifice as being permanent in nature, then I'll know you have a point.

Jesus already knew He would be raised from the dead. That did not stop Him from 'giving' His life. Last time I checked, giving something you would ordinarily keep to others for their good and satisfaction is sacrifice. If I gave you my plate of food so that you will find satisfaction in eating, does my act of giving become lending just because I have more food in the pot?

Just listen to yourself. I give my life for a brother. I died. It is a sacrifice. I give my life for a brother. I died. Some days later, by some inexplicable means, I came back to life. My action of giving up my life is not a sacrifice because I came back to life. By your argument, you atheists define sacrifice as the loss of something that can never be regained or the act of giving up something that can never be returned, isn't it?

I have told you guys, and I say it again, whether you define sacrifice as permanent loss where temporary loss is lending or you define it as the loss of something that can never be regained or the act of giving up something that can never be returned, since your definition of sacrifice and your argument of the same are in stark contrast with each other, and judging from your inability to tell the difference between what constitutes an act of sacrifice and what constitutes an act of lending, I hereby rest my case.
oga u talk well jor dey dont sabi the gist at all.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Raziii(m): 7:38pm On Mar 28, 2016
GooseBaba:

I believe in my heritage, lineage and the teachings of my ancestors. Not the heritage, lineage or teachings of someone else's ancestors.

Don't forget that you are a gentile according to the message of Jesus and him papa..
are you afraid to tell me you are a traditional worshiper? Don't be! Its what you believe in... That's why God himself doesn't hate you for that. But he expect you to seek him. When you do, you will find him. Most of our ancestors believe in what they believe because there was no enlightenment, so many questions but no answers. But you everyday you hear of miracles of God's wonder and yet?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by egobetatoday: 7:39pm On Mar 28, 2016
dapipson:
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 corinthians 1:18

this is the best answer to them all. with this we can end the discussion!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by kirikwu: 7:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
Read some comments of people claiming they can die for someone if there had the assurance they would rise back up....but don't forget He(JESUS)wasn't just shot by a gun....He was WHIPPED, DISGRACED, SPAT upon, STRIPPED,HUNG...and of cause it would have been MUCH bearable it was done by someone else,but no...by the very people for which He was dying.
so let's try again...WOULD YOU GIVE UP YOUR LIFE FOR SOMEONE AND BE KILLED BY THAT VERY UNGRATEFUL PERSON?.....
was just talking to people claiming they could do same
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by gud4dbest(m): 7:42pm On Mar 28, 2016
Guy,wat are u?
theDEVILisHERE:

Their is nothing you talk about in that evil book that i don't know of (you can quote any part)
Reading it is not the problem

The problem is what you do to your self while naively reading it

The people who killed, raped and ravaged you gave you (deceptively and forcefully) that book to read it and believe it

Now ask your self something

How can people who killed, raped, ravaged, destroyed and are still seeking for my total and utter destruction CONSCIOUSLY GIVE ME SOMETHING THAT BENEFITS ME

think Africans!
THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by andyboi4real(m): 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
Funny how pple tink.At d first site of danger we call "A DEAD JESUS" y didnt u call ur "LIVING FATHER OR MOTHER". We speak as mortals forgeting d fact that Jesus is GOD and so does nt 4low human principles,science and the BIBLE are at cross raods all d time.so u cant use science 2 interpret the bible.i wOnt b surporised if i see a post that SAYS God did nt create d world.we keep on bliving science bt we dont blive dat we oriGinated 4rm monkeys. But be WARNED FOR SIN AGAINST THE HOLY SPIRIT CANNOT BE 4GIVEN(i.e knowing d truth and denying it) OR is d holy spirit not real(if so) then d BIBLE is fake cos it was inspired by d holy spirit(bt am sure many of us still read d Bible,pray 2 GOd,and go 2 church including d OP)so y all d fuse.I REST MY CASE
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 7:43pm On Mar 28, 2016
dapipson:

The so called "message of the cross" is ment to trap naive and stupid people
who have refuse to make use of their natural compass put in them by their creator
which is their conscience and ability to logically REASON!!!

1 Corithians 1:18 is only using reverse psychology to aid this process (ie: traping idiots)
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
LOVEGINO:
why d tomb come look like pu**y hole na cry

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by 900warriorz: 7:44pm On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=macof post=37190567]Jesus is dead and he will always remain dead[

/quote] bastard son of a thousand fathers! Aye iya e ma baje ni....oloriburuku somebody.

Na your papa, mama and your future generation go die and remain dead. I sure say na bastards like your papa dey belief say person die for lagos appear for another state.

Sée ehn! Na God go punish your unborn generation. E pain me say i no
dey mood to give your papa him size....you for near hell today. Oloshi...akoshibero. angry
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 28, 2016
Why it is a sacrifice.

In God's creative purpose for intelligent beings, death was not meant to be. Men started dieing for having inherited it from Adam.

Jesus should have had no obligation sharing the suffering and death man caused for himself.

So the following made his death a big sacrifice:

1. He came to the earth and took part in men's day to day sufferings and struggles for a whole 33 and half years! (He shouldn't have).

2. His moments of court trial trial was shameful, humiliating, and dehumanizing.

3. His death was painful, greatly agonizing. (A big sacrifice).

4. The point I am about to mention here is likely why it's a pronounced sacrifice: By coming to the earth, JESUS became just a man in makeup. He thereby exposed himself to the more powerful Satan. Had JESUS commited just ONE act of sin by Satan's numerous prompting, he would have LOST his prospect of everlasting life! Yes he did sacrificed himself to that length.

Jesus really loves the human race and want us to survive. What a great act of sacrifice for the ones he hopes to continue enjoying life with.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by sammhi(m): 7:46pm On Mar 28, 2016
Vecto:

Actually I do understand these things very well...Thanks to my constant bible study hobby...

Let's correct your errors.

Firstly, I’m not limiting God. The snake shedding of it's skin is a very poor analogy. No trinitarian believes any persons of the God-head changes their nature with time. Most trinitarians believe God does not change. The bible is very clear on that as well.

Secondly, your claim that Jesus is “a part” of God is an alien teaching to the trinity dogma. The trinity teaches each persons of the God are each fully, distinctly God in one God-Head. So your assertion that he is part of God is wrong. Sorry.

BTW, what I am saying is that sacrificing a fleshy part of you while your divinity never died means that you, as a being, never truly died, this making the sacrifice useless.
for a start, the trinity as expound by you above is biblical. you wont find the word trinity in the bible.God is one but he may choose to operate in different format . the holy spirit is not even a person ..it is his means of carying out his misson..more like a powerhouse and an electric current
the power house (lets say a Gen ) genrate electricity which powers your tv, same current power your Ac.etc different things but from same source (powerhouse ) using same current (the holy spirit) . the holy spirit can be in form of man, Fire , dove etc but it issues from God. but is not a separate existing entity from God! More like you cant separate the current from The power house. How you kinow your Gen is working is that it powers your appliances . so God works through use of Holy spirit . its like its fingers or hands ...hence the holy spirit cant forgive because it is an action thing ...more like your electric current can kill easily ...
Jesus is a son ....that is where his Godship comes from..He is not the Almighty..he said it himself...JOHN 14:28, john 20:17

your conclusion on the sacrifice is based solely on what you want to believe... to illustrate :

if you are my friend and u were arrested in the US and I had to bail you out ...i will have to convert my money(Naira) to Dollars...inorder to pay the US authorities. how is that your problem if after that i still have more money in naira than i used to bail you? are you now anoid because i told you I empty my account to pay your bail because you found out it was my dollar account i empty but my Naira account still have lots of money ? in the first place, without the naira account, i wont be able to bail you...
so it depends on what you want to believe or assume
the human body was fashioned to fulfill a purpose ..that purpose has been served . period
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Mar 28, 2016
The war of words I see here is those of

Christians
Atheists
Dogmas
Confuscionists
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by cheaperstores: 7:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
Whover you quoted in this post,ask him how semen(watery discharge ) turns to human? Why was Adam .created a full grown man not a baby? Why do we turn dust in the grave after all the vaseline and armani perfumes? Who can count the strands of hair on his body?
Who can search the deep knowledge of God? God is a mystery and those who believe take risk in Him. If Jesus died and was raised from dead,is God not able? Or can the wisdom of men or of this world explain the above?
If you are foolish for Christ's sake not better than vain things of this world?
Read carefully this passage wwith open mind

1 Cor 1 vs 18-28
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Justycxx(m): 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
HOW DO YOU KNOW THERE WAS ANYBODY NAMED JESUS CHRIST?

THERE IS NO REAL EVIDENCE.
There are clear records. You believe Jesus never existed but you believe pythagoras(who lived earlier) did, right? Your logic sha
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by shrewd1(m): 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2016
Atlantian:

You were born into Christianity and you have been told that hell is fire and you have to die to get there. But you refuse to ask if fire does burn soul. Fire is physical solvent and thus can have no effect on ethereal nature. So hell or heaven is your mental creation. It doesnt exist in reality. And Jesus didnt resurrect, I see no evidence and again Mary didnt get pregnant without sex with holy spirit unlesa you can prove that holy spirit can ejaculate. I dont believe things. I simply use science of today. So if you say there is hell. Lets assume there is....hell...why do you bother if i am going there? Cant christian allow peoplr to chose hell if they so prefer ?

From bottoms up. . .seeing that this sacrifice was made for you and me and considering the enormosity of advantages it confers on any that comes to its possession, we as christians persuade men to accept Jesus. But also considering the danger that looms, we having a full grasp of it also persuade you to come and possess the escape route provided all mankind (2cor 5v11).

If you believe those magicians that perform in market places who do not have any scientific proof for mobile fones and monies they teleport from unknown places, if any shred of awe comes from seeing charms work wonders, then believe you me there are dimensions to life that meets the eyes. And being in Christ gives you such dimensions albeit a positive one.

Lastly, science! If you believe science to explain everything to you then my apologies. Because the bible says 'there is a spirit in man, but the illumination of the Almighty give him understanding' (job 32v8). If God hasn't granted science understanding to His works, forgerit.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
So all d iiimbeciles we have as Mods will not put a clause to dis but will leave it open for their Muslim Zzombies to type any rubbish that they can think of. But when they publish abt Muslims, u put a clause to it. You all are sick
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 7:52pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

It's just fun watching you dodge the obvious. Somehow, non-faith is a type of faith, and you keep on bringing in agnosticism like you just learnt the word. Good for you.

Yes because it is the only position that is justified by logic along witout fait. The agnostic says: I am faced with two equally improbable positions that there is no know method of test the validity of either. Therefore I cannot choose.

In the absence of a test of validity (pro or con) faith is required to adopt either position.

Really is that simple explanation sooo far beyond you? Now while I have repeatedly stated the obvious you seem unable to understand it.

Do remember your lack of ability to understand an explanation does not equate to 'dodging a question'.

:-)
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

The so called "message of the cross" is ment to trap naive and stupid people
who have refuse to make use of their natural compass put in them by their creator
which is their conscience and ability to logically REASON!!!

1 Corithians 1:18 is only using reverse psychology to aid this process (ie: traping idiots)
What you are fighting is what Saul ( Paul) fought with greater passion than you and later got arrested on his way to Damascus. I believe you're not too much for him to take care of. Since you're facing Him directly not me, He's all knowing and would definitely answers you one day. From then you would know how worthless and limited your knowledge of psychology is.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by CJAY07(m): 7:53pm On Mar 28, 2016
End time thread. GUARD YOUR HEART DILIGENTLY..Opinion and 'intelligence' everywhere.. #sips kunu
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by LOVEGINO(m): 7:54pm On Mar 28, 2016
dapipson:

hey Mr holy man! Dnt misquote me cuz that's not d tomb I use to know ok.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by kirikwu: 7:55pm On Mar 28, 2016
[quote author=Atlantian post=4419485b No we can't let you choose the wrong path. we have been given that great commission to show you the way ...You won't let your sister walk directly in front of a moving truck now would you?:-)
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by cheaperstores: 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
Whover you quoted in this post,ask him how semen(watery discharge ) turns to human? Why was Adam .created a full grown man not a baby? Why do we turn dust in the grave after all the vaseline and armani perfumes? Who can count the strands of hair on his body?
Who can search the deep knowledge of God? God is a mystery and those who believe take risk in Him. If Jesus died and was raised from dead,is God not able? Or can the wisdom of men or of this world explain the above?
If you are foolish for Christ's sake not better than vain things of this world?
Read carefully this passage wwith open mind

1 Cor 1 vs 18-28
18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.
19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?
21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.
25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:
27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;
28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL [quote author=am0sn0nyu post=37172136]I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Prophet S.K. Abiara’s 8 Children In Photos / "Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome / Human Robotic School Built In Ukraine By A Nigeria Pastor & Others (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.