Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,522 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? (43510 Views)

Do You Think It's Right Blaming Judas Iscariot For Jesus Death? / RE: How Is Jesus’ Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Mar 28, 2016
CaptainJune:

In other words, the act of selfless sacrifice is null and void if the object of sacrifice is replaced in the future. Please read my post above.
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 corinthians 1:18
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ben6ene: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
the person who brought out this topic has no wisdom, this is sacrilege u av committed, You comparisons make no sense, if Jesus did not resurrect wud His death make any sense, ur being alive today is an evidence that He lives still! And u know what, This Jesus is ready to forgive u for ur blasphemies and those who support you!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by gud4dbest(m): 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
mpowa:

What Soul are you saving? Trying to convince people who've made up their mind? that's not how to save souls; the Kingdom harvest is only for ready souls... Bible says don't get involve in vain ARGUMENTS they only lead to more ungodliness, just do one simple thing for them, Pray that they have a problem that no man can solve - see how they'll run to you and before you even open your mouth they say I BELIEVE.

There are two ways people created by God learn
1. Humble has a child; submit to God, and just BELIEVE, don't try to prove God
2. Stubborn as a goat; These ones, if God really wants to save them, He makes them suffer - den go come humble - All their philosophies and intelligence go jump out of the window - SOME PEOPLE NEEDS THAT.

If there's any 3rd choice na eternal destruction be that, I don't pray that for anybody.
spot on!wat dey dont know is dat there's a limit to logical reasoning...
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
egobetatoday:

this is the best answer to them all. with this we can end the discussion!

You cannot discuss or argue this cause your premise is baseless

Your clergies and so called spiritual leaders cannot debate or argue (either openly or not) this their so called beliefs cause they are perpetrating a FRAUD!

They are liers and decievers (consciously and unconsciously) who have cut a deal with evil Meta physical entities to decieve and lead as many humans as possible towards their destruction!

That is why they tell you to go "win souls for the KINGDOM" !

Do you know what "KINGDOM" that is

Do worry
Many of you will find out
but by then it will be too late for some of you
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by josh21: 8:01pm On Mar 28, 2016
kevoh:

A sacrifice is a loss or something you give up, usually for the sake of a better cause.

Source : http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/sacrifice

Examples:
1. You (sacrifice) give up one of your two healthy kidneys to save your ailing aunty or friend who needs a kidney transplant. The sacrificed kidney never comes back to you in 3 days, it's gone forever.

2. You sacrifice your time saving/helping accident victims on a Monday morning making you miss an 8a.m presentation to a billionaire client and got sacked by your no nonsense boss for coming late due to that. Time sacrificed will not come back to you in 3 days time! You have lost it forever and your job too!

What of the blood he shed on cross and the wounds?Still not sacrifice right?What if an armed robber enter your house and asked u to show him where your mother is sleeping if not he will shoot u on the leg.if u agree to be shot inorder to save your mother's life.Of course you can recover from d gun shot.Is that not a sacrifice?To be tortured for an hour just to save someone is a sacrifice.Sacrifice is sacrifice tempory or permanent.Good day.

1 Like

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by sammhi(m): 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
byrron:

This is rationality at it's finest!
there is no rationality here..but lack of wisdom..Biblical widom and understanding
do you play some card game or chess ..in those games sometimes, you lose a piece or card deliberately so you will gain or win
as Christians, you will have to sacrifice before you will gain life . Jesus knew he will die , he knew the body he put on is solely for sacrifice..but he did it. when you play football, your jersey gets dirty..you know it will ..but that is the sacrifice you make to play and win . after the game , you wash and put on your clothes. does that mean you didnt get your Jessey dirty because you knew you have other clothes? no., in fact the jersey was built for that purpose .
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ben6ene: 8:02pm On Mar 28, 2016
the person who brought out this topic has no wisdom, this is sacrilege u av committed, Your comparisons make no sense, if Jesus did not resurrect wud His death make any sense, ur being alive today is an evidence that He lives still! And u know what, This Jesus is ready to forgive u for ur blasphemies and those who support you if u repent!!!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by ryanfletcher: 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
I like to believe in things I can feel,touch and see with much supporting evidence....
Jesus was the most fearful man on earth,even when john was beheaded the guy took of like usain bolt,when Judas came with the soldiers he wanted to escape.these are fact you see in bible details(pls no one should ask me the verse))....my conclusion, Jesus was just another pastor Chris,tb Joshua,johnson Suleiman who just estorted people for a living....period!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
LOVEGINO:
hey Mr holy man! Dnt misquote me cuz that's not d tomb I use to know ok.
That's to tell you that Jesus tomb is different from the one you know. The ancient practice cannot be compared with recent times. If you care, read the Bible to know why. Your comparison doesn't hide your experience.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

In the absence of a test of validity (pro or con)
How do you test for God?

Oh, wait, God by definition can not be tested. Lol. Non-faith is a type of faith.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mamaafrik(m): 8:03pm On Mar 28, 2016
kestolove95:
I saw jesus at viewing centr last nyt in nnsuka
he'll one day show the right way and you shall remember this day .
Ben6ene:
the person who brought out this topic has no wisdom, this is sacrilege u av committed, Your comparisons make no sense, if Jesus did not resurrect wud His death make any sense, ur being alive today is an evidence that He lives still! And u know what, This Jesus is ready to forgive u for ur blasphemies and those who support you if u repent!!!
Please shut up.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Chibest2000(m): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
I SUPPOSE ANY OF YOU AFRICAN CHRISTIAN CONVERTS SHOULD BE ABLE TO PROVIDE A RATIONAL ANSWER

SOURCE

First of all comparing Jesus' death with that of a normal human is a misinformation, Jesus existed before the creation of the universe, he is the second person in the blessed trinity( God the Father, Son and the holy spirit) he was conceived by the holy spirit and was born inform of man, his mission on earth is to seal a new covenant that will replace the old one of sacrificing animals once and for all, 4rom his conception to resurrection were all pre-planned activities as a result of the love God has on his creatures. The salvation brought by Jesus Christ is free of charge 4 anyone who believed in Jesus and his sacrifice, both the poor and the rich, you don't longer need to buy a ram to sacrifice for the atonement of your sins. In conclusion, God's ways are different 4rom man's, why do the word "mystery" exits in dictionary? It is to tell u that there are certain things about God and the nature you will never comprehend until u exit this sinful world and that is were faith and believe came in, and 4 this reason I wouldn't blame any atheist and other disbelieved mindset of people who will come here to question/counter the existence of God and his plans for mankind.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by johnayo01: 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
so una no question dy conception na resurrection dy disturb una is ain't no normal human, he is christ
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
josh21:
What of the blood he shed on cross and the wounds?Still not sacrifice right?What if an armed robber enter your house and asked u to show him where your mother is sleeping if not he will shoot u on the leg.if u agree to be shot inorder to save your mother's life.Of course you can recover from d gun shot.Is that not a sacrifice?To be tortured for an hour just to save someone is a sacrifice.Sacrifice is sacrifice tempory or permanent.Good day.
Lol.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by obimath(m): 8:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
The love of. /od in your life you are taking for granted thinking that you are wise. May God have mercy upon you and deliver you.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by denitro(m): 8:05pm On Mar 28, 2016
As a result of sins, we all suffer spiritual death (separation from God) and eventually physical death.
The dilemma we all now face is after we die, we will forever remain separated from God (Justice demands that -
No unclean thing can dwell in the presence of God).
God in his wisdom designed a plan called the plan of Happiness.
The plan will help mankind over come physical and spiritual death. It involved a Saviour. (Why a Saviour)
Here is why....Justice demands that once you sin you cannot return back to the presence of God.
Anyone who is sinless can. Christ as a result of having a literal Heavenly Father (Only Begotten) - had the
ability to live forever and will not be subject to weakness of the body, but as a result of having an earthly mother
can decide to give his life.
Now Christ was sinless and decided to give his life, now justice has no hold on Christ, the spirit world cannot hold
Him, He has the power to take up His body and return back to the presence of God.
Jesus explained: “I lay down my life, that I might take it again. No man taketh it from me, but I lay it down
of myself. I have power to lay it down, and I have power to take it again” (John 10:17–18).
Now that Justice has no hold, the law of mercy can become fully functional.
In the Garden of Gethsemane, Christ personally atoned for each of every one of us. (Result of having a God as
His literal Father, something only a God can do).
The weight of our sins caused Him to feel such agony that He bled from every pore
That act immediately overcame Spiritual Death for some and His death on the cross overcame physical death for all
(Christians, Muslim, atheist, criminals etc - Its a free gift - Yes, Christ still loves the sinner), but will only
overcome Spiritual Death for a few (Those who are willing to follow him, repent, baptize, receive the Holy Ghost
and endure to the end)..
The free resurrection will only worsen things for the ungodly as they will face God in Judgement still in their sins,
while those who are willing to follow Christ will have their garment washed clean in the blood of the lamb.
Christ did the ultimate sacrifice and we love Him for it......
https://www.lds.org/manual/gospel-principles/chapter-12-the-atonement?lang=eng
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Chibest2000(m): 8:07pm On Mar 28, 2016
First of all comparing Jesus' death with that of a normal human is a misinformation, Jesus existed before the creation of the universe, he is the second person in the blessed trinity( God the Father, Son and the holy spirit) he was conceived by the holy spirit and was born inform of man, his mission on earth is to seal a new covenant that will replace the old one of sacrificing animals once and for all, 4rom his conception to resurrection were all pre-planned activities as a result of the love God has on his creatures. The salvation brought by Jesus Christ is free of charge 4 anyone who believed in Jesus and his sacrifice, both the poor and the rich, you don't longer need to buy a ram to sacrifice for the atonement of your sins. In conclusion, God's ways are different 4rom man's, why do the word "mystery" exits in dictionary? It is to tell u that there are certain things about God and the nature you will never comprehend until u exit this sinful world and that is were faith and believe came in, and 4 this reason I wouldn't blame any atheist and other disbelieved mindset of people who will come here to question/counter the existence of God and his plans for mankind.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

How do you test for God?

Oh, wait, God by definition can not be tested. Lol. Non-faith is a type of faith.

Now you are at least begining to understand. Only a fool looks to test the untestable or draw an inference on the inability to test!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ben6ene: 8:11pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Please shut up.
Shut up? People like u will one day come to see d truth since u are too deaf to hear it, Jesus Loves u, admit it and don't b stubborn like ur ancestors who will regret d steps they took which u are taking right now!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Lawal25(m): 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
بِسْمِ اللَّهِ الرَّحْمَنِ الرَّحِيمِ

And because they said, "We have killed the Messiah Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of ALLAAH (SUBHANAHU WA TA'ALA); and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man, and those who disagree concerning it are full of doubts about it; They know nothing of it, except the following of assumptions; and without doubt, they did not kill him. But ALLAAH (SUBHANAHU WA TA'ALA) raised him up unto HIMSELF; and ALLAAH (SUBHANAHU WA TA'ALA) is Almighty, Wise.

[Surat An-Nisaa 4, Verses 157 and 158]

4 Likes

Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by gud4dbest(m): 8:12pm On Mar 28, 2016
theDEVILisHERE:

You cannot discuss or argue this cause your premise is baseless

Your clergies and so called spiritual leaders cannot debate or argue (either openly or not) this their so called beliefs cause they are perpetrating a FRAUD!

They are liers and decievers (consciously and unconsciously) who have cut a deal with evil Meta physical entities to decieve and lead as many humans as possible towards their destruction!

That is why they tell you to go "win souls for the KINGDOM" !

Do you know what "KINGDOM" that is

Do worry
Many of you will find out
but by then it will be too late for some of you
guy,wat is d bottomline 4ur arguement?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ben6ene: 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
sonOfLucifer:

Please shut up.
Shut up? People like u will one day come to see d truth since u are too deaf to hear it, Jesus Loves u, admit it and don't b stubborn like ur ancestors who will regret d steps they took which u are taking right now!
I reaffirm! Jesus Loves u Brother!!
Who do u worship please?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by mamaafrik(m): 8:13pm On Mar 28, 2016
am0sn0nyu:
Obviously you haven't encountered hard-boiled Christ defenders of the insane types who will tell you some UFO technology was involved such that those back then wouldn't have understood.

Why didn't you contact someone at the Vatican ? or report to the nearest Catholic center.

Get where exactly ? And who are the we ?

If it was distorted, then it means there exist the genuine story, thus why would anyone want to have the original thing distorted, only to render it ridiculous ? To what purpose ? To what end ? I say there was never a Jesus story. Given to some of my private researches. . .I think perhaps whatever the genuine story was, it was Europeanized or might I say semiticized by Europeans.
hmmmm how i wish you read the book of revelation from beginning to end and see if all written there is not staring at us now,John was dipped in boiling oil and he didnt die,now can you explain that??,were all stories about mose and the sojournance from egypt too lies,what about prophet elijah and elisha,did you hear about daniel ikechuwku in edo state ?,yeah he was dead and he resurrected,may God remove the veil on your eyes mr. ismahel.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Princewell2012(m): 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
Hmmm, @op, let me help your ignorant.
Btw, you re not even a Christian, so why are you taking a panadol for another man's headache?

Listen, everything about Jesus is mystery.
His birth, his dead and his raiseration are just full of mysteries which an ordinary human knowledge cannot comprehend.

When Jesus raiserated, his mother Mary wanted to embraced him, but he prevented her from doing so, why ?

Mary does not qualify to touch that body, otherwise she will die instantly, is like trying to hug a high tension with ordinary body, you will be elecruted instantly.

Look at what he told Mary,

you cannot touch me now, because i have not first go to my father.

That body Jesus raiserated with even an engel cannot kill him. The same body Jesus use on this earth was not the same body he raiserated with, he laid it down on the cross, and was clothed with another one. This is mystery and you will not understand.

That later body is the one John the beloved saw in his revelation, pls read the book of revelation.
That body is the one he will use to fight the war of amagedom on the last day.

So Jesus was used as a sacrificial lamp, just as it was done in leviticus. Read the book of leviticus.

The same thing will applied to Christians who died in Christ, another glorious body will be given to them aswell. Read 1 and second thesolonians.

The raiseration of Jesus were also met to give the bornagain hope, as Jesus were raiserated, we who believes in him will also be raiserated like manner.

Jesus before his dead, took peter James and john to a mountain, there they saw Jesus configuration, when he was clothed with another glorious body, the bible says that his disciples were afraid when they notice these, and he warned them not to tell
anyone.

I have decided to do these not because of you but for the sake of those who you may deceive or confused because of these thread.

Ps. The only thing devil doesn't like to hear, is the resuration of our Lord Jesus Christ.

The blood of Jesus was the only power that defeated Satan, even till tomorrow.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
dapipson:
What you are fighting is what Saul ( Paul) fought with greater passion than you and later got arrested on his way to Damascus. I believe you're not too much for him to take care of. Since you're facing Him directly not me, He's all knowing and would definitely answers you one day. From then you would know how worthless and limited your knowledge of psychology is.

Listen
And listen good

Anything that BASICALLY (emphasis on Basically) does not make sense
DOES NOT MAKE SENSE!!!!

Your creator did not give you the ability to reason for no reason

That is why you are not the same with other creatures around you

Rationalizing twisted and illogical logic is what belief systems (such as religion) and emotions do to people

Ones you subscribe to belief systems such as religion
you start losing you natural human nature

You basically start becoming a ZOMBIE aka remote controlled puppet
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by KoloOyinbo(m): 8:14pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lawal25:

And because they said, "We have killed the Messiah Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of ALLAAH (SUBHANAHU WA TA'ALA); and they did not kill him nor did they crucify him, but the resemblance of 'Iesa (Jesus) was put over another man, and those who disagree concerning it are full of doubts about it; They know nothing of it, except the following of assumptions; and without doubt, they did not kill him. But ALLAAH (SUBHANAHU WA TA'ALA) raised him up unto HIMSELF; and ALLAAH (SUBHANAHU WA TA'ALA) is Almighty, Wise.

Unfortunately the historical records contradict this error.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Mar 28, 2016
KoloOyinbo:

Now you are at least begining to understand. Only a fool looks to test the untestable or draw an inference on the inability to test!
Cool. We can all go home and sleep well. You make a positive assertion that is neither testable nor material, somehow, it requires 'faith' to dismiss. Either your understanding of faith is quite shallow -- I really hope so -- or your foolishness on this thread is deliberate and only a ploy to push the burden on the one who denies the rubbish you've created and worshipped in your mind. The rubbish that died on a cross 2000 years ago so you can stop fornicating.

I'd rather be a fool than a foollower in your imaginary world.
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Eeroh95(m): 8:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
Atlantian:
It is all lies and control statements. Jesus never resurrected. No one goes into space with this body. Oxygen is not there at high altitude. How can his body survive without oxygen. I doubt the resurrection story 100%.
God doesn't do magic...its MIRACLE....if you doubt it that much go ask jesus yourselves..for me going through those biblical things your head go just burst....so liv am like that abi nah you write am?
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by theDEVILisHERE: 8:17pm On Mar 28, 2016
gud4dbest:
Guy,wat are u?

Hmm
What are you too??
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by Ben6ene: 8:18pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lawal25:

Jesus died and rose, believe it my brother, He is Whom u should serve! Only Him alone!!
Re: How Is Jesus' Death A Sacrifice If He Rose From The Dead ? by samazagudu(m): 8:19pm On Mar 28, 2016
Jesus did not die neither he is resurrected. according to Paul.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

"Jesus Is Coming Soon" – Chris Oyakhilome / Sri Lanka Easter Bombings In Churches And Hotels: Mass Casualties Recorded / Human Robotic School Built In Ukraine By A Nigeria Pastor & Others (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.