Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,000 members, 7,866,785 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 04:18 AM

Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch (24083 Views)

Kperogi Farook Rubbishes Buhari's Integrity - Indicts Him / Ondo Election : Aggrieved Aspirants Plan To Dump APC - Punch / Atiku, Tinubu Fight To Control Apc-punch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by rusher14: 9:52am On Aug 21, 2015
ocelot2006:

No, before Nnaji voluntarily resigned due to conflict of interest as a result of Geometric Power Coy's involvement in the bid for one of the GENCOs. THAT was noble of him as it reinforced the integrity of the process, and a PLUS to the GEJ administration for ensuring that the whole process was fair and transparent.

As noble as it was, many Nigerians would have loved to have stable power supply not the opposite.
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by PassingShot(m): 9:53am On Aug 21, 2015
anigold:

its funny that the same people that were looting,stealing ,thieving(if theres a word like this) in PDP are now screaming 'CHANGE' in APC...

The same set of criminals that loot this country to chronic starvation are now claiming saints, its very annoying and ridiculous...

And its makes me very angry, hypocrites every....
You have a right to be pained. Unfortunately, we cannot import politicians from other countries to play Nigerian politics.
The good thing is the head we now have was not part of those thieving and looting gang. It will make a lot of difference.
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by chudionu58(f): 9:57am On Aug 21, 2015
For some loudly ignorant typists here, Obasanjo built some power plants under PHCN from 2002-2006 which were: Geregu(414mw), Olorunsogo(300mw), Omotosho(350mw) but Jonathan built the phase 2 of Olorunsogo(750mw), Omotosho(500mw), Geregu(500mw),Ihonvbor(500mw), Sapele (450mw), Calabar (500mw), Alaoji phase1 (504mw...phase 2 is under construction)...Omoku is technically complete, but Gbarain Ubie (Bayelsa), and Egbema are yet to be complete!
http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/177247-jonathan-commissions-650m-power-plant-says-hes-fulfilled-election-promise.html
http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-commissions-504mw-abia-power-plant/
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/10/jonathan-commissions-500mw-omotosho-nipp/
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/fg-anticipates-december-take-off-of-563mw-calabar-nipp-plant/188073/
http://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/125833/1/nipp-jonathan-commissions-geregu-power-station-in-.html

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/calabar-benin-ogorode-power-stations-ready-for-inauguration-says-sambo/209690/

Let me lecture some of you fools with respect to our hydros, In 2011, the power ministry in partnership with the world bank agreed to rehabilitate Kainji hydroelectric which would add 220mw by Q1 2015
http://www.afriwall.com/newscast-PHCN-signs-N1275bn-contract-to-rehabilitate-Kainji-Power-Station-58.html#.VdbhkDNw1is

Jonathan also boosted the capacity of jebba hydroelectric with support of World bank and JICA...
http://www.punchng.com/business/business-economy/fg-approves-n706-9m-for-jebba-power-plant-rehabilitation/

So, we should bear in mind that in addition to Thermal plants, GEJ also refurbished the hydros.………………chudionu™

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by lionel4mercy: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2015
hearing all these makes me more angry because before the election we had almost 24hours light in our area. though some people around us were having 2 days on and 1 day off. but after election, it became 5 days on and 5 days off for everybody.(it was pure madness while it lasted). However, like three(3) months now it has been 2 days on and 2 days off even till now. so where is the improvement

for people that are ready to attack without conscience, my area is mangu street, by Abacha road, mararaba, Nassarawa state. You can confirm before you tell me that there is improvement in power distribution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by mhbabanna: 9:59am On Aug 21, 2015
MizMyColi:
[s][/s]

I was subconsciously waiting for your post on this thread before I start replying mentions selectively.
Sorry I'm doing this.

Even my toddler cousin understands the social and moral principle of giving honour to whom it is due.

You don't hide under the cloak of integrity to take glory for the sweat of another man.
It's a taboo!
Hey bro your point doesn't add up. Even if you make a policy and you are not assertive to ensure its implementation then it's nobody's fault. GEJ was just there like a balloon floating on air without direction. As a leader you need guts
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by anigold(m): 9:59am On Aug 21, 2015
PassingShot:

You have a right to be pained. Unfortunately, we cannot import politicians from other countries to play Nigerian politics.
The good thing is the head we now have was not part of those thieving and looting gang. It will make a lot of difference.

i really hope buhari will be able to function well in the mist of criminals...
The work becomes easier when one is surrounded by incorruptible elements....
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by mhbabanna: 10:12am On Aug 21, 2015
mianyaegbu:
Pls let the buhari integrity pay d 5k as promised and lets use his integrity end boko haram since integrity can be used to generate and transmit power not equipment and planning.
Use your dictionary to get the meaning of INTEGRITY
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by javispj(m): 10:13am On Aug 21, 2015
GEJ build, Buhari integrity make am work...apc I hail oo..Na small pikin u guys Dey talk to

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by PAINGAIN: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes.
But as proven on the thread, Ebele's inputs can not be waived off.

See, government is a continuum.
Like I always say, it's about righting the wrongs of the past, and consolidating on the rights for a better future.

But in a scenario where you achieve the mantle of governance by being so puerile, undermining and sabotaging....you can expect that much much worse will come to you.

If it goes around, it must surely come around.

And no dear, I'm not angry. Speaking out of passion must be differentiated from speaking out of anger. If I did the latter, my writing would lack coherence.
I'm actually lying on my bed with my legs crossedgrin and I'm relaxed.
I am in love wit u. U r always on point. I always like ur take on things. Big ups.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by mhbabanna: 10:22am On Aug 21, 2015
Hb
saintkel:
If only u r sincere to ursef and c d light at d end of the tunnel. Since Buhari came on board tell me a single project he has done, if its not to probe GEJ then its going to usa or benin. Boko haram is not GEJ's handwork, it started with OBJ and Yarauda. Even ur PMB is still struggling to curtail d activities of dis BH boys. GEJ is a hero, hate me or not. GEJ laid the foundation for every news u r hearing in Nigeria now. From power sector to Job creation. Make research and then face me. GEJ I miss, GEJ I love and will always be my HERO
You want to start seeing PMB project whilst GEJ and his cohorts have milked the nation dry so tell me were he's to get the funds from. PMB decides to probe and get back loot and all hell went loose from you and your fellow GEJites that it's witch hunting. More so PMB hasn't spent 100days in office and you already want to see projects while your GEJ spent six years without anything to show for it other than excuses. Stop wailing and give PMB the benefits of doubt by giving him time, I wouldnt add support because your support is as invalid as a used recharge card

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by SpencerLewis(m): 10:28am On Aug 21, 2015
MizMyColi:
Mr Lai Mohammed, point of correction please....

Your sabotaging efforts just to undermine the office of the president in GEJ's time is what rendered the power sector almost ineffective.

Now that he is no longer in power, "everything" in that sector is suddenly going smoothly...don't you just smell a big fat rat?

Remember how this nation was on lockdown, in terms of power and crude energy and it took a man from the south-east, a Tanoid to salvage the situation?
What does that tell you?

Remember the BBOG group?
They have suddenly gone dead silent.
Apparently Buhari's integrity brought back the girls by proxy and stopped their wailing.

Wait, what about Boko Haram?
Is it any surprise that they were on a rampage when Buhari seized power and just less than 3 months later...everywhere's now "seemingly" cool? Infact the army had the audacity to deny reports of one the most gruesome murders since their "resurgence"?

As far as I'm concerned....
I see the crop of people leading this country as a bunch of pretenders, who will stop at nothing to paint themselves whiter than angel Gabriel.
In their warped minds, Ebele Jonathan did not deserve to be on that seat, so they employed whatever resource at their disposal to see to his ousting.
Yet God has remained faithful to the man.

This Change Being Preached Is Cosmetic and A Big Scam.
Be fooled not.
Madam, 1st of all u are too pretty to be wailing this morning. Going by ur beayty, u are supposed to be in the APC(i.e. unwailing camp).
Also, by ur write up, i will be correct to assume that u are my Igbo sister)nwannem nwanyi), but sentiment apart, GEJ was berefted of ideas about his own regime and his wife's excesses was my main reason for voting against him and persuading others to do so.
By the way, are u single b/c i'm searching seriously.
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by Realist2: 10:35am On Aug 21, 2015
Things that would make me take Buhari as a man of integrity are ;
1. If he apologise to the Family of those corps members that lost their due to his desperation to rule the country.
2. If he clear the controversy surrounding his WASSC certificate.
3. Publically declare his Asset as Promised.
4. Keep all his campaign promises.
For now, that word integrity is being abused when use in connection with Buhari.
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by Eazydeek(m): 10:38am On Aug 21, 2015
Mrbigman1:
Thank God say una no say no be him increase am, na him integrity.

We re still waiting for him to come out and work and not his integrity or shadow

Mugu like you
no be integrity comes first in administration?
thank God u sabi say ur GEJ nor get integrity

and u expect Nigerians to continue with GEJ
u are deluded

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by ajepako(f): 10:38am On Aug 21, 2015
Yeah sure..

The integrity of Buhari is the cause of:

Functional refineries, stable electricity, sunrise and sunset, erosion decline in the east, sanity among boko haram members, return of chibok girls, transformation of office of the first lady to office of the president's wife, one to one ratio of dollar and naira, daily feeding of public school pupils, monthly payment of the promised 5k to unemployed youth, depletion of the ozone layer, eradication of oloshoism in our nigeria, including the second coming of christ..

Let's clap for the 'integrity' and piety of our Daura ancestor!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by Pavarottii(m): 10:43am On Aug 21, 2015
MizMyColi:

Yes.
But as proven on the thread, Ebele's inputs can not be waived off.

See, government is a continuum.
Like I always say, it's about righting the wrongs of the past, and consolidating on the rights for a better future.

But in a scenario where you achieve the mantle of governance by being so puerile, undermining and sabotaging....you can expect that much much worse will come to you.

If it goes around, it must surely come around.

And no dear, I'm not angry. Speaking out of passion must be differentiated from speaking out of anger. If I did the latter, my writing would lack coherence.
I'm actually lying on my bed with my legs crossedgrin and I'm relaxed.
Just followed you because of this post.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by Eazydeek(m): 10:43am On Aug 21, 2015
erunz:
Thank to GEJ, minister for power once appeal to vandals to stop blowing pipelines, we all know it was the handwork of the enemy that's APC, today they are in power and have withdrew their touts from vandalizing gas pipelines. But now APC are so quick to give the credit to the name of Buhari. Instead of telling us they have withdrawn their from sabotaging power. God will punished all those deceiving Nigerians. APC is all abt scam, lies propaganda.

Wailing dullard
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by ajepako(f): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2015
agarawu23:
what's this one saying ? undecided
we are talking about electricity improvement you are saying another thing entirely.

are you living in the ghetto where you guys don't have transformer?

i must confess, there is changes in electricity and I hail the present govt for that

And yeah, our ministerless, visionless and agendaless, certificateless geriatric and ancestor from daura fixed that in less than 3 months?

He must be a real miracle worker!
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by 989900: 10:50am On Aug 21, 2015
tswitch:
I am sorry I have to ask this question "do the people who believe this gibberish Lia spoke have any working thinking faculties?"

Does "integrity" build power plants or run turbines?
Has "integrity" maintained our petroleum refineries and brought it to as built production state?
Did integrity increase the federal food reserve?
Did the slow selfacclaimed "Mr integrity" tell us the true state of the federation account? Where has he been spending from?
When did integrity bring back the missing girls?
Where does integrity not declare personal assets (and liabilities if I may add)?
When did integrity show the world his certificate (after assuming office since the lie then was GEJ held on to it)?
A million and one questions for the low reasoning puppeteers and their brain dead myopic puppets to answer.......
I guess the word integrity must have been muddled up somewhere in that lying psychopath Lia's brain.

PS: Only quote if you have proof or substantiated evidence in the contrary, no time for dingbats this morning.

Look up these words again: 'integrity', 'accountability', 'discipline' 'reputation'.

Then, go one further, look up 'permissiveness', 'indiscipline', 'cluelessness', and 'greed'.

You are smart enough to draw an inference on how any of those words can affect administration/leadership in a positive, or negative way.

Adios.
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by agurza(f): 10:50am On Aug 21, 2015
PassingShot:

A cheap way of avoiding to answer my poser.
You must have realized that your argument holds no water.

Go dress for work.
Oh! How I wish I have the time to compliment what you are doing here, you always take your time to explain things explicitly to people even though it seem their parents waste their money to send them to school. I mean with all the revelations some people still have the audacity to defend the last administration.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by Goke7: 10:52am On Aug 21, 2015
Realist2:
Things that would make me take Buhari as a man of integrity are ;
1. If he apologise to the Family of those corps members that lost their due to his desperation to rule the country.
2. If he clear the controversy surrounding his WASSC certificate.
3. Publically declare his Asset as Promised.
4. Keep all his campaign promises.
For now, that word integrity is being abused when use in connection with Buhari.

You can never be impressed by somebody you didn't vote for based on your biased mind, even if he tars Nigerian roads with Gold but let me help with some of your questions.

1. He should apologise because he was actually the one that led those who did the killing abi? even those families have moved on and are enjoying change but you are being left behind, sorry.

2. His WAEC certficate has been found after March 28 you hear, you can ask the recently sacked service chiefs to confirm.

3. Oh you want to him to declare his assets publicly, fine he can do that but if we ask all our Governors and Senators to follow suite, some of you will shout witch-hunt [many don't know this is actually the reason, its no big deal to PMB]

4. You never believed in him so what does he owe you? Promises, pls think again but he is already doing that and that's why he wants to recover all stolen monies to fulfill all of them but you guys are shouting witch-hunt.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by abacusCm(m): 10:54am On Aug 21, 2015
erunz:
Thank to GEJ, minister for power once appeal to vandals to stop blowing pipelines, we all know it was the handwork of the enemy that's APC, today they are in power and have withdrew their touts from vandalizing gas pipelines. But now APC are so quick to give the credit to the name of Buhari. Instead of telling us they have withdrawn their from sabotaging power. God will punished all those deceiving Nigerians. APC is all abt scam, lies propaganda.
your brain has expired

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by megawax8: 10:55am On Aug 21, 2015
PAINGAIN:
I am in love wit u. U r always on point. I always like ur take on things. Big ups.

@Mizmycoli I think you need a book to take down names of those that are in love with you so you won't loose track grin
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by eightsin(m): 11:03am On Aug 21, 2015
You people make me laugh.
Let us wait till dry season and we can judge if it remains same if nothing is done except his INTEGRITY
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by MizMyColi(f): 11:06am On Aug 21, 2015
megawax8:

@Mizmycoli I think you need a book to take down names of those that are in love with you so you won't loose track grin

I don't need many.
One is enoughgrin
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by DAVEZONIGLTD: 11:12am On Aug 21, 2015
God Bless GEJ
God Bless PMB
God Bless Nigeria.
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by PassingShot(m): 11:14am On Aug 21, 2015
agurza:
Oh! How I wish I have the time to compliment what you are doing here, you always take your time to explain things explicitly to people even though it seem their parents waste their money to send them to school. I mean with all the revelations some people still have the audacity to defend the last administration.
I tire o.

Thanks for the compliments. It's for love of our country.
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by PassingShot(m): 11:17am On Aug 21, 2015
anigold:

i really hope buhari will be able to function well in the mist of criminals...
The work becomes easier when one is surrounded by incorruptible elements....
We just have to believe and support him.

The fact you have just stated is the more reason why not rushing to appoint cabinet ministers makes a lot of sense.

Had he rushed things, a lot of bad eggs would have found their way somehow into the cabinet.

As things are, many have given up hope while those that will make it must have taken a good lesson from how he's putting his feet down.

We just have to support the man.
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by Jesusloveyou: 11:17am On Aug 21, 2015
bashorunbazok:
Even if GEJ had invested the whole of Nigeria's revenue in power sector, nothing would have changed. He knew nothing about what was happening in his administration. May we never have such a failure as our leader again.

It's funny that some of you are very fast to praise GEJ for any achievement in Buhari's tenure but you refuse to blame GEJ anytime bokoharam attacks.
u are seriously correct,this is d conclusion of d matter, gej has spent trillions without result, but now PMB has spent nothing, we are seeing result, if gej had continue, we wouldn't have see light even with more trillions, God bless PMB

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by Obaf16(f): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2015
isbish:
Absolutely right. It takes a good leader for all things wrong and bad in a country to auto-reset itself to the effectiveness and efficiency to which it ought to be. Buhari's charm and natural love he enjoys from the wider population was never built by his level of wealth, he got that through a sheer attitude of integrity, sincerity and love for the goodness of all. He is truly Gods' own man sent to salvage this great nation. No iota of doubt about that. Its so obvious.
Thanks jare,u got it right. Hater na u sabi
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by Obaf16(f): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2015
bashorunbazok:
Even if GEJ had invested the whole of Nigeria's revenue in power sector, nothing would have changed. He knew nothing about what was happening in his administration. May we never have such a failure as our leader again.

It's funny that some of you are very fast to praise GEJ for any achievement in Buhari's tenure but you refuse to blame GEJ anytime bokoharam attacks.
Don't mind them,i leave them for God.
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by ocelot2006(m): 11:23am On Aug 21, 2015
rusher14:

As noble as it was, many Nigerians would have loved to have stable power supply not the opposite.

And the past administration worked hard towards that goal. The onus is now on the new administration to build on this success and increase both generated and installed capacities even further.
Re: Buhari’s Integrity Increases Power Supply, Says APC: Punch by Goke7: 11:25am On Aug 21, 2015
PassingShot:

We just have to believe and support him.

The fact you have just stated is the more reason why not rushing to appoint cabinet ministers makes a lot of sense.

Had he rushed things, a lot of bad eggs would have found their way somehow into the cabinet.

As things are, many have given up hope while those that will make it must have taken a good lesson from how he's putting his feet down.

We just have to support the man.

well said, that is what those who criticize PMB fail to realize, the longer he delays the appointment of ministers, the more the bad eggs will give up, brilliant strategy from PMB, even the senate are tiring out on the ministers issue and won't fail to quickly confirm them when they have the list.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2face Idibia's Led Protest Will Now Hold On February 6, When Buhari Resumes / EFCC Finds $86m Paris Club Refund In Ngf’s Account / BEDC Power Station On Fire In Edo (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.