Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,409 members, 7,954,624 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:21 AM

The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road (19183 Views)

Deplorable State Of Enugu-onitsha Federal Road (pics, Video) / The Deplorable State Of Lagos Federal Secretariat Ikoyi - Exclusive Photos / Daura Motel: The Only Hotel In Buhari’s Town In Deplorable State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by anonimi: 8:12am On Aug 21, 2015

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by emeraldo56(m): 8:14am On Aug 21, 2015
HerexG:
My own opinion : Local government is useless
Over useless is worrying them
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Nobody: 8:15am On Aug 21, 2015
What i don't understand is why they still use freaking completely open drainage system aka gutter in nigeria? While i know some animals in human skin throw their trash into those gutters to block them having the closed drainage helps a lot!

3 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Realdeals(m): 8:15am On Aug 21, 2015
See houses by the road side, what do they do on environmental day?
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by mayortm001(m): 8:15am On Aug 21, 2015
DaGC:
This is bad.

Hopefully, the authorities will take notice and act on it.
Are they taking notice is dat the only bad road we v in dis country?
Hopefully, God must surely see our bad situations through in dis country.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by godoluwa(m): 8:17am On Aug 21, 2015
Firefire:
If a road in Itire Surulere is like this, how do you imagine the hinterlands roads in Lagos

Take a visit to VI, Obalende, Ikoyi and see the sorry state of Lagos road you will fear for the criminals looting our treasury and making deafening noises of 'Lagos is working'. undecided

Eko oni baje ju bayi lo ooo
Fashola is just a noisemaker. go to ikotun(alimosho LG) & see condition of that road. most of the classrooms in lagos state public schools are without furnitures. the outside part of lagos looks attractive but inside is bullshiit

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Happiness87(f): 8:18am On Aug 21, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Local government is uselessly useless
you are blaming lg Now, better blame fg

do you know that state only release money to lg To pay salaries of teaching and LG Staff that is why they don't do anything
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by timunstopable: 8:19am On Aug 21, 2015
I wonder why pple ignored the part that said this bad road was caused by blocked&overflowing gutters

That road was constructed properly with drainage bt people esp market pple on the road will dump their waste inside the drainage chanels, passerby will drop pure water satchets inside drainage channels

This particular road u need to see the amount of waste that has blocked the gutters

Citizens also ve to be responsible

4 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Firefire(m): 8:20am On Aug 21, 2015
godoluwa:
Fashola is just a noisemaker. go to ikotun(alimosho LG) & see condition of that road. most of the classrooms in lagos state public schools are without furnitures. the outside part of lagos looks attractive but inside is bullshiit

Sample of Lagos state public schools. angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by IamforGod: 8:21am On Aug 21, 2015
If a hear say person call government name for there ehn?

U'll shout to govt to do road ,they'll do it and yet u'll use ur dirtiness to spoil the road and be shouting fashola.

rubbish!

It's high time the govt started measuring dirts to the front of people's shop or house and lock it up then. They'll pay a fine to open it

Awon onidoti oshi angry

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by timunstopable: 8:21am On Aug 21, 2015
I wonder why pple ignored the part that said this bad road was caused by blocked&overflowing gutters

That road was constructed properly with drainage bt people esp market pple on the road will dump their waste inside the drainage chanels, passerby will drop pure water satchets inside drainage channels

This particular road u need to see the amount of waste that has blocked the gutters

until we take ownership of govt properties and know it is our roads buildings etc we ll keep using our hands to spoil these facilities
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Nobody: 8:22am On Aug 21, 2015
I know that road, anyone that knows that road will not blame the government so much. It is the animals in human skin, as someone chose to put earlier, that live in that axis that dump their refuse in the drains.

We all scream and ask God for good leaders, are we responsible citizens?

Nonsense!

3 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Nobody: 8:23am On Aug 21, 2015
timunstopable:

Actually i don't think thats completely true....If you look at the gutters properly you will see the edge of the gutter is above the level of where the road is supposedly tarred......So basically some water will be collected on the road which increases erosion and breaks down the tar because the optimum flow of water into the gutter is hindered.

PS
=====
These bastards use sub-standard material and less skilled constructors hence construction of very low quality roads in other to line their pockets with gold! I am not a civil engineer, but common sense shows that road construction/drainage was not properly planned.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by soos: 8:25am On Aug 21, 2015
allanphash7:
This Road is not up2 20 years i rememberd it was done during Tinubu Regime

The contractor suppose to be rot in jail for using substandard materials

And if contract is not given to indigenious contractor they will be like we are not promoting our local engineeers

Nigeria sucks
grin
allanphash7:

And if contract is not given to indigenious contractor they will be like we are not promoting our local engineeers

Nigeria sucks

Including your FAMILY!
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 21, 2015
anonimi:
Where is Thief'nuibu, Fash'OLE and their latest barawo Amb'OLE

Should the state of excellence be like this after 16 years plus of prgreTHIEF administrations?

Where annual budget increased over 10 times from less than N45 billion in 2000 to almost N500 billion in 2015? angry shocked

You have never shown to be a sensible person, always posting silly pictures about the whole place.

What a lowlife.

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by godoluwa(m): 8:26am On Aug 21, 2015
Firefire:

Sample of Lagos state public schools. angry
Ajeromi Ifelodun Secondary School, itz unfortunate that I dnt have d pix on my fone, I would have upload it

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Firefire(m): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2015
godoluwa:
Ajeromi Ifelodun Secondary School, itz unfortunate that I dnt have d pix on my fone, I would have upload it

I wonder the juju they use on the praise singers.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by freeage7(m): 8:32am On Aug 21, 2015
Lagos state, a cult of corruption.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Nobody: 8:32am On Aug 21, 2015
allanphash7:

Nigeria sucks

Don't be a dolt, Julius Berger constructed that road and it was one of the best roads in Lagos once. In fact, other stretch of the road where people don't dump refuse in the drains is still excellent.

2 Likes

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by anonimi: 8:34am On Aug 21, 2015
olukenzo:
You have never shown to be a sensible person, always posting silly pictures about the whole place.

What a lowlife.

Is the lowlife not the person who will defend those LOOTERS in power who have received over N5 trillion in the last 16 years and yet Lagos state is in such a mess

I hope that you will REPENT and redeem yourself before it is too late!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 21, 2015
anonimi:

Is the lowlife not the person who will defend those LOOTERS in power who have received over N5 trillion in the last 16 years and yet Lagos state is in such a mess

I hope that you will REPENT and redeem yourself before it is too late!

There you go again posting silly images that have nothing to do with the discussion at hand.

Blame your fellow Nigerians for the state of that road this time, ijiot.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Okies27(m): 8:44am On Aug 21, 2015
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 21, 2015
I think what the government can do to arrest situations as this is to make sanitation and refuse disposal compulsory. If you're not disposing your refuse through the proper channels, i.e, government authorised refuse collectors aka PSP, then you're probably one of those illegally burning refuse and polluting our air or of those dumping refuse in the drains and water bodies.

It's high time people started living a decent life.

Bad leaders are borne of the people. They dont fall from heaven. Our so called bad leaders are our brothers, aunties and friends. You have bad leadership if citizens are inherently bad.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Okies27(m): 8:50am On Aug 21, 2015
anonimi:
Where is Thief'nuibu, Fash'OLE and their latest barawo Amb'OLE

Should the state of excellence be like this after 16 years plus of prgreTHIEF administrations?

Where annual budget increased over 10 times from less than N45 billion in 2000 to almost N500 billion in 2015? angry shocked

. Chaiiiiieeee, diaris God oooooo. Chaiieee.

1 Like

Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by poseidon12: 8:50am On Aug 21, 2015
mayortm001:
Are they taking notice is dat the only bad road we v in dis country?
Hopefully, God must surely see our bad situations through in dis country.

Nigerians should vote right during elections and stop waiting for God to come provide good governance for us.
We are too superstitious for my liking. We are getting the leadership we deserve. I bet if a new election is held today in Lagos State, majority will still foolishly vote APC.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Ololanla: 8:51am On Aug 21, 2015
...and the 'yeye' Gbajabiamila represents this local government. How on earth does he think he would become the speaker of the house!
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Chigold101(m): 8:53am On Aug 21, 2015
vanessaRN:
[img]http://3.bp..com/-8AVWqwZrVbc/VdZ1qPUoWWI/AAAAAAAGTb8/6VWx3RIYbFs/s400/1.jpg[/img]
This is the deplorable state of a part of the Lawanson Itire road in Surulere (Ramoni Bus stop) that has gradually been washed up by flood caused by blocked and overfilled gutters. Necessary authorities should look into it. More photos after the cut....
[img]http://2.bp..com/-DgMfKYAqWaI/VdZ1rU_8U6I/AAAAAAAGTcE/bT1OELLjGt0/s400/2AC2E42700000578-3171385-image-a-111_1437602379344.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-5-0dZIpUcsY/VdZ1tOLLPFI/AAAAAAAGTcM/SZS39ZwnT6U/s400/3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp..com/-lGS5LxONYbc/VdZ1udlcO9I/AAAAAAAGTcU/gurLReK47Yk/s400/4.jpg[/img]
[img]http://2.bp..com/-bTZI5sdxQos/VdZ1x13c-0I/AAAAAAAGTck/FYtaQaoGzW4/s400/6.jpg[/img]
[img]http://1.bp..com/-BJNSVaJvSgo/VdZ1z7Ea91I/AAAAAAAGTcs/WBYd3dJDF1E/s400/7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-4xigGMQcnns/VdZ1wPqiMII/AAAAAAAGTcc/O3jy9rmoDzw/s400/5.jpg[/img]

Source : http://www.reportnaija.com/2015/08/the-deplorable-state-of-lawanson-itire.html
Ambode is the curse of all this. Roads that Fashola built and maintaned. just for his few months Anbode has destroyed all of them... We must impeach Ambode... period!
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Titan5g: 9:00am On Aug 21, 2015
Even at gbagada , Diya street is in a terrible state. The local government is very close to it as well.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by kannymoore(m): 9:07am On Aug 21, 2015
Biko... meche onu there!

Come to my hood in Ayobo and i'll show you roads that have never smelled coal-tar/bitumen since the very day you were BORN!!

I KID YOU NOT!

FrankValency:
Surulere seems to be the worst LGA abandoned by the govt. If I show u our Adetola street/road here in Aguda,u go weep small,and this road is always re-awarded every year,the materials are dumped there now but no work....haba,and with the current ish btw fashola and ambode,I pity that road/street. After we go dey hear Eko ni baje o. Change Change Change
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Nikkybrainz(f): 9:11am On Aug 21, 2015
Alright alright.... It is true the government did a very poor maintenance job. However, we (the masses) contributed largely because we are the ones that block gutters. The average Nigerian sees nothing wrong in throwing banana peels, water satchets, empty bottles and the likes everywhere, thereby, blocking the gutters. When the roads becomes flooded, it becomes the government's handiwork. Bottom line is change begins with me, you, you and you,. And then the government. Be responsible.
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by Revolva(m): 9:12am On Aug 21, 2015
THIS COUNTRY LACK MAINTENANCE CULTURE
Re: The Deplorable State Of Lawanson Itire Road by gagewonda(m): 9:17am On Aug 21, 2015
later they called one man best governor, wen most of d state roads in lagos r either worse than dis or d manageable ones r gallopy. only to award frivolous contracts wit d huge IGR. den parade a smoke screen at oshodi to deceive illiterate pple to sing his praises. look at d apapa/oshodi road for e.g yes its a federal road bt now pple can now pass tru witout fainting inside hold up caused by tankers, while one man stayed back nd blamed jonathan d new man in charge has set up a task force to ensure discipline of d tanker drivers and we can all see d results.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IPOB To Demonstrate At The Hague As Buhari Arrives Netherlands / Christian Iweka & Faith Obasuy Dump PDP / Bomb Blast In Borno Kills Five Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.