Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter (48295 Views)

President Buhari Writes Kano Governor Over Maitama Sule's Demise / Ex Corper That Converted To Islam As Vowed If BUHARI Wins Renounces Islam / Buhari Writes South Africa's Government, Lauds Henry Okah's Conviction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by harry509: 6:26am On Aug 22, 2015
FlirtyKaren:
I just got a call and this email from Chukwuma Austin Dike, the Igbo corp member who recently shocked Nigerians after he converted to Islam from Christianity. Chukwuma, (pictured above), was serving as a Batch C corp member in Konshisha LGA Benue State when he made the conversion to fulfill his Buhari vow.

Chukwuma says he's gotten a lot of death threats and excommunication threates, so he wants to tell Nigerians why he converted. Please read:

Hello Laila, I need you to publish this for me. It's about why I joined Islam.

OPEN LETTER TO NIGERIANS; ALLAH IS MY GOD
ALL CITIZENS OF THE
FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Dear Nigerians,

WHY I JOINED ISLAM
My name is Chukwuma Austin Dike. My Islamic name is Mohammed Mustapha. I'm from Mbaitoli Local Government, in Imo state, a graduate of political science from University of Nigeria Nsukka and I am presently serving the nation Nigeria in Konshisha local government in Benue state.

The truth is that I have always loved Islam as a kid in the 80’s in Dakata kano I played most times in the masjid (Mosque). I grew up loving the masjid not until my secondary school days when I left kano. To me is like a reunion but to those who saw the headlines, some said that I am dancing the macabre dance of religious cross carpeting, some said Buhari is my God but I say ALLAH IS MY GOD.
I join Islam based on CONVICTION and I don’t care about anybody’s interpretation; one with God is in the majority.

The vow: there is no controversy at all among those who knew me before May 29 except they decided to lie. I made the vow three times. Firstly, at wanunne camp in Benue state before some Muslim corpers in November 2014. Secondly, early December in my house before my family members and thirdly before the staff of the school I was teaching Government (my PPA) in February this year. Funny enough everybody thought I was joking.

What was my vow: Some Muslim brothers during a political argument told me last year authoritatively that Allah has given Buhari victory, no matter how hard the then president tries he will not win. I was flabbergasted! Then I vowed if Buhari wins this forth coming election, I will believe that ALLAH IS THE GREATEST and I will convert to Islam and serve ALLAH as my God. The vow was made before God and man.Thanks to ALLAH that I kept my vow.

On the issue of election and general politics Nigerians from the age of 18 and above, if u did not experience anything on the day of the presidential election and May 29 Handover, you are either immature or living a care free life.

On my view on Muhammad Buhari today, I rather advise Him to retain the principal of federal character and totally reject the political theory of winner takes it all; it is not healthy for our modern democracy and the political culture of Nigeria. Corruption is a canker worm; it’s like a virus eating Nigeria from the inside it must be treated like Ebola.

Having said this Mr President I solicit for general amnesty to all corrupt officers that will return his or her looted fund; because if amnesty can be granted to killing, it can also be granted to corruption. Furthermore, as you intensify your fight against corruption also include tribalism and religious intolerance.

NYSC should not be scraped but the allawee should be increased and at least the sum of 200,000 naira should be given to each graduating NYSC member to start a small scale business. This measure to me will reduce unemployment, because already at the camp most corpers had skills acquisition training. May almighty ALLAH grant you Mr President the wisdom to rule Nigeria, by the special grace of ALLAH we shall meet in Aljanah.

As a Muslim I have received a lot of death and excommunication threats but in all I thank Almighty Allah for honoring me with Islam, my life and destiny is in the hand of ALLAH. SALAM.

- Chukwuma Mohammed Mustapha Dike

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/08/exclusive-igbo-corps-member-that.html

evry aboki wit him kettle oooh.
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by Lawalolasimbo: 6:39am On Aug 22, 2015
Maa sha allah. Alhamdulillah for bestowing him with the light of Islam.
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by chukwui(m): 6:51am On Aug 22, 2015
You have running stomach
You don't have any reason! Good luck on your career chase
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by farihafaheemah(m): 6:58am On Aug 22, 2015
Shekau does not represents Islam, he's the only one who can explain the course is fighting for. Islam means peace equity and justice.

No need for the broadcast cos they will automatically make you second in command of the world renowned shekau.[/quote]
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by Okudiover(m): 6:59am On Aug 22, 2015
cool cool cool People have been converting from one religion to another since nineteen kiringi and so will not stop with CHUKWUMA MUSTAPHA. I think people should respect his choice because he wasn't forced to do so especially since his write up suggests he was influenced since childhood and not while serving as a corp member. Of course the laws of supply and demand are not altered in any significant way since his conversion is not a government economic policy. In other words the person buying a cup of GARRI needs not worry about price review. grin grin grin
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by jwils(m): 7:08am On Aug 22, 2015
Did i hear Imo State again .... No big deal about it now, we already have abdulfataah ibn rochas okorocha
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by Billygee2u: 7:13am On Aug 22, 2015
Mogidi:
When did Buhari become a god that somebody would think it rationale to convert because of him?
he have a hidden agenda that surely will disappoint him.
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by mhbabanna: 7:17am On Aug 22, 2015
wtfCode:
abeg, that guy is not igbo...he's too dark and looks like shekau.
I smell cooked up lies.
NLANDERS are funny, you talk as if there aren't considerable number of Muslims in the ss/se especially the igbos speaking parts se. Face reality
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by mhbabanna: 7:18am On Aug 22, 2015
westlius:
Make ona leave am alone ooo he has freedom of religion
Pls tell them.
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by mhbabanna: 7:20am On Aug 22, 2015
Nafizzey:
Lol funny . You said no Muslim country in world that lives in peace which i kindly informed you and you call me a kid resorting to i should not mention country i have never been to? Now tell me Who is the real kid here between you and I?

And by the way sorry for the insult
Hey bro don't mind the fellow. Most of them are so dumb, some just comment without even comprehending what the subject matter is.
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by transient123(m): 7:21am On Aug 22, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
First of all he is not a Christian.
Do you mean every person from the east is a Christian ??
We also have idol worshippers.

Islam is the only peaceful religion on earth.
You will get to enjoy 100,virgins when you commit suicide & go to heaven, I envy them.

No Islamic country in the world is in peace, can you mention any Islamic country in peace.

Do you mean muslim countries or Islamic countries as wrong posed.

Well intelligent people have answered you and ex-rayed your ignorance.

Maybe you should also tell us countries that is governed with Canon law that is at peace if there is any.

Ignorance is a malady. You don't read, you only listen to maggots who preach to you what you want to hear to reap you off, gullible!
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by Sulaimon01(m): 7:25am On Aug 22, 2015
natas22:
Smartest way to secure your job or political career.

True christian and true Muslim I see no difference as far as there is love which God is love.

His doing this for a purpose many convert from Muslim to christian and vice versa and they don't go to the media to advertise it with the picture well posed in it.

True believers have one thing in common love and love by showing it to your fellow man.

Thank You bro, bt m sure sum pple will still cum here nd spew 'Religion of Doom' nd dat dunce dat chants 'Islamabad' like it z his NL password
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by tucky200(m): 7:27am On Aug 22, 2015
BabyDaddy20:
First of all he is not a Christian.
Do you mean every person from the east is a Christian ??
We also have idol worshippers.

Islam is the only peaceful religion on earth.
You will get to enjoy 100,virgins when you commit suicide & go to heaven, I envy them.

No Islamic country in the world is in peace, can you mention any Islamic country in peace.
saudi arabia,UAE,bahrain,qatar,morocco,algeria,iran...fuul, wetin conscern u if e become muslim...must u advertise senselessness

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by northvietnam(m): 7:28am On Aug 22, 2015
Igbo man and hustling, sharp guy. better job due wait for you sharpaly
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by mhbabanna: 7:28am On Aug 22, 2015
Eluwilussit:

Especially when the whole world knows that he was rigged in by Jega. Mallam Dike is looking for bread and butter.

If he can't be a good Christian, there's no way he can be a good anything else. Even Prophet Mohammed himself attested that Jesus Christ was the greatest man that ever lived. If he can't follow a peaceful man like Jesus, tell me, how will he possibly follow anyone else peacefully?

Nevertheless, I wish him peace and joy in his new found religion.
You right man prophet Muhammad pbuh did eulogise Jesus as a great man of God but never as greatest man of God hope you understand the difference. Secondly I think if believing in Jesus is what makes one a Christian then Muslims are more christened than you guys because you are not a Muslim until u believe in Jesus Christ but not as son of God or god but as a true servant of the one and only God. Honestly most of your pastors know the truth but you and I know church business is a flourishing enterprise so man must chop.
Finally wish everyone happiness in his or her choice of faith, no compulsion whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by mhbabanna: 7:32am On Aug 22, 2015
Okudiover:
cool cool cool People have been converting from one religion to another since nineteen kiringi and so will not stop with CHUKWUMA MUSTAPHA. I think people should respect his choice because he wasn't forced to do so especially since his write up suggests he was influenced since childhood and not while serving as a corp member. Of course the laws of supply and demand are not altered in any significant way since his conversion is not a government economic policy. In other words the person buying a cup of GARRI needs not worry about price review. grin grin grin
That's how a civilized and educated mind ought to think. Kudos

1 Like

Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by izzyu(m): 7:36am On Aug 22, 2015
nochildsplay:
And what will the Biafrans have to say ?

we say its rubbish
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by ferdybillion(m): 7:45am On Aug 22, 2015
Sending an open letter.. . How does it affect the price of garri or reduction of the dollar to naira. Funny nigga tho
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by WailingWailer00(m): 7:50am On Aug 22, 2015
That guy ain't even igbo, see him criminal bokoharamic eyes
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by sydraay: 7:56am On Aug 22, 2015
I think its strictly business
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by alexvatt(m): 8:06am On Aug 22, 2015
all these igbos guys bearing DIKEH as surname are gold diggers. the female one just hook obasanjo son. here is another guy converting to Islam just to get job from buhari govt. igbo people are like ashawo.
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by murmee: 8:20am On Aug 22, 2015
What I don't like about his story is that he has been receiving threat calls etc. That is a Lie. Christians do not harrass or threaten anyone who change religion. It is the Muslims that make life unbearable by disassociating or even killing Muslims that crossover to Christianity. People should be free to practice any religion.
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by omokab: 8:23am On Aug 22, 2015
Buchukwu:
This man's mother was raped by a hausa man, he has an hausa blood. No true biafran will consider Islam as a religion.
how would you feeel,if your mother is raped. Some of you don't even know the weight of what you are saying. Besides that, there a lot of Muslim biafra ibo in the south east. Please go afipko in Ebonyi and some part of imo state like mbaise,Orlu. Enugu and other part of south east also have but very view. I am telling of what I have seen.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by adewalker(m): 8:28am On Aug 22, 2015
murmee:
What I don't like about his story is that he has been receiving threat calls etc. That is a Lie. Christians do not harrass or threaten anyone who change religion. It is the Muslims that make life unbearable by disassociating or even killing Muslims that crossover to Christianity. People should be free to practice any religion.
. So the people here on nairaland criticising him are not christians abi,and his fellow ibos dis owning him are not christians abi,keep on deceiving urself,
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by Nuhusky: 8:32am On Aug 22, 2015
bamuffy:

1. Bloody shits, where and when did u hear any Muslim killing smone because he convert to christianity? I've never heard not seen it bfore. Such baseless accusation is only existing within the gory imagination of christian mongers. But instead,
2. Contrary to ur claim tha xtianity is peaceful, that is pure falsehood, total camoflage.
3. If xtianity is peaceful, then how come that christians persecute anybody who convert to islam from xtianity and even send him death threats as the case of this new convert and many others outthere?
4. A christian woman reportedly killed one of her daughters in Ibadan few years ago because the later converted to Muslim the(i will quote the link).
5. How come the wertern supremacist and their cohort
Hahahaha am born and brought up in Kano all my friends are muslims Where is Sadik Ado Bayero now Paul Ado Bayero who converted to Christianity? If you killed person why will other people hear it since you have eliminate the source

Qur'an (9:11-12) - "But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge. And if they break their pledges after their treaty (hath been made with you) and assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief - Lo! they have no binding oaths - in order that they may desist."
Bukhari (52:260) - "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' " Note that there is no distinction as to how that Muslim came to be a Muslim.
Bukhari (84:57) - [In the words of] "Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever
changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"
al-Muwatta of Imam Malik (36.18.15) - "The Messenger of
Allah said, "If someone changes his religion - then strike off
his head."
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by omokab: 8:34am On Aug 22, 2015
adewalker:
. Yet the punishment for apostacy in ur religion is death,deut 13:6vs9,deut 17:3-5,incase u say its old testament,jesus said I have not come to abolish the law,but to fulfill it,matt 5vs17-18,paul said it 2chronicles 15:13,jesus said so matt 15:4,again jesus says so,luke 19vs 27"for those enemies of mine,who will not want me to be king over them,bring them here and kill them in front of me...u have clearly not been reading ur bible before speaking...try to read ur bible more ok?
Do you mind them? Majority of them don't even know there Bible or don't read before making comment. What about many of muslim that converted to christainity without any attack from the muslim. What of the likes of Oyedepo,Buari running mate in 2011 presidential election, many of them that refuse to change their names to christain name and they are still a pastor. What has happen to them.One thing is certain, no matter how they are trying to dent the image of islam GOD will always protect his religion.
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by fortune1968: 8:36am On Aug 22, 2015
Buchukwu:
This man's mother was raped by a hausa man, he has an hausa blood. No true biafran will consider Islam as a religion.
so ,all hausas are muslim ?
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by Nuhusky: 8:36am On Aug 22, 2015
adewalker:
. Yet the punishment for apostacy in ur religion is death,deut 13:6vs9,deut 17:3-5,incase u say its old testament,jesus said I have not come to abolish the law,but to fulfill it,matt 5vs17-18,paul said it 2chronicles 15:13,jesus said so matt 15:4,again jesus says so,luke 19vs 27"for those enemies of mine,who will not want me to be king over them,bring them here and kill them in front of me...u have clearly not been reading ur bible before speaking...try to read ur bible more ok?
Qur'an (9:11-12) - "But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge. And if they break their pledges after their treaty (hath been made with you) and assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief - Lo! they have no binding oaths - in order that they may desist."

Bukhari (52:260) - "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' " Note that there is no distinction as to how that Muslim came to be a Muslim.

Bukhari (84:57) - [In the words of] "Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.'"

al-Muwatta of Imam Malik (36.18.15) - "The Messenger of Allah said, "If someone changes his religion - then strike off his head."
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by Jexyme(f): 8:46am On Aug 22, 2015
You are free to convert to whatsoever religion you wish to Buddah, Hinduh,etc.

But brother you have a very wrong reason for convertion.............very poor philosophy!!!
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by solonazzy: 8:48am On Aug 22, 2015
Buchukwu:
Yea.... Bt u want asari dokubo to join ur Biafra claims.... Or am I mistaking his religion?... He remains a Muslim last I checked
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by simdam500(m): 8:54am On Aug 22, 2015
His gf or wife should better expect anything.

Either he lend her out for money or exchange her out to the government for appointments cheesy
Re: Igbo Corper That Converted To Islam Over Buhari Writes Nigerians An Open Letter by 4stylz: 9:00am On Aug 22, 2015
natas22:
Smartest way to secure your job or political career.

True christian and true Muslim I see no difference as far as there is love which God is love.

His doing this for a purpose many convert from Muslim to christian and vice versa and they don't go to the media to advertise it with the picture well posed in it.

True believers have one thing in common love and love by showing it to your fellow man.

Just that Muslims are aggressive people and terrorist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Buhari As A Tennis Player In The 70s / Pictures Of Igboho Supporters Waiting Outside During His Trial In Cotonou / Ibrahim Garuba Wala Rescued 500 Nigerian Schoolgirls From Boko Haram [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.