Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,154 members, 7,818,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (112955 Views)

Our Renovation Diary (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Of Flats In Owerri (new Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) / Construction Works On Units Of Flats (a New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:32pm On Sep 08, 2015
Filling Works On going

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by erico2k2(m): 8:18pm On Sep 08, 2015
Im learning here big time.

1 Like

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2015
Damp Proofing Of Floor after Filling

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:10am On Sep 11, 2015
DPC/German FLoor Iron Works

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:13am On Sep 11, 2015
we are trying to look at the Possibility of a Second option in terms of Slight Change in the Stone Variation on the House. Hence a new view has been designed.

Any comment on which is more appealing will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by NL1960: 10:19am On Sep 11, 2015
skimanski:
we are trying to look at the Possibility of a Second option in terms of Slight Change in the Stone Variation on the House. Hence a new view has been designed.

It will be better if you put the two on the same post. It is easier to compare that way.

1 Like

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by morgist(m): 11:21am On Sep 11, 2015
This is the two buildings.

To me i prefer the second design!

But oga skimanski is that what am seeing in the new design a balcony?

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 2:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
morgist:
This is the two buildings.

To me i prefer the second design!

But oga skimanski is that what am seeing in the new design a balcony?

Yes a roof balcony has been added to it ( like a roof sit out )
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by NL1960: 5:49pm On Sep 11, 2015
skimanski:

Yes a roof balcony has been added to it ( like a roof sit out )

If a roof balcony has been added, then this second design is it for me then but is it possible to transfer this roof balcony to the first design as it is without changing the way the roof design is. I prefer the way the roof of the first is designed to the way the roof of the second is design.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2015
NL1960:

If a roof balcony has been added, then this second design is it for me then but is it possible to transfer this roof balcony to the first design as it is without changing the way the roof design is. I prefer the way the roof of the first is designed to the way the roof of the second is design.

The second design has the roof taken off to accommodate the balcony
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
Casting of German Floor/DPC

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:07pm On Sep 14, 2015
Resumption of Block WOrks

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:09pm On Sep 14, 2015
Using Block in Pillar Form

1 Like

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by 400billionman: 6:08am On Sep 15, 2015
skimanski:
Day 10. Concrete Cast and Fence Works Completed

I like your style. You are doing things differently. .
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by 400billionman: 6:10am On Sep 15, 2015
skimanski:
Filling Works On going

Are you filling with sharp sand. ?
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 6:52am On Sep 15, 2015
400billionman:

Are you filling with sharp sand. ?

No!! White Filling Sand. Which is sharper than the Normal Red, hence it allows for faster and better settling.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2015
Still On Brick works

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by LondonCool(m): 11:06pm On Sep 15, 2015
Nice work,nice job. Keep it up.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by babalose: 5:31am On Sep 16, 2015
how much do you get a trip of the white filling sand?
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 6:15am On Sep 16, 2015
babalose:
how much do you get a trip of the white filling sand?

a 15ton trip of White filling sand, Something of that size of sand that you see behind that guy is N37k. (Note that sand you is sharp ooo. Just needed to use it as an example since I dint see a full picture of the filling). However, the main factor that determines the price is the distance from the market to the site.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by babalose: 6:40am On Sep 16, 2015
@skimanski..thanks for your prompt response. which is better to use in filling...red or white? whats the functional difference? What is the cost of red filling sand?
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2015
babalose:
@skimanski..thanks for your prompt response. which is better to use in filling...red or white? whats the functional difference? What is the cost of red filling sand?

The prices still depend on your location. As for functional differences

For filling of water logged land: White preferably

For filling of slightly dry land to enable vehicle movement: red preferably

For filling of foundation: white preferably

For filling before interlocking: white preferably

Now you can choose to use any you want in the case of close proximity to the site in question.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
Getting to Lintel Level on Ground Floor Masonry Works

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
Trying to Achieve Some Designs from our Drawings

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
Update on Brick Works as we approach Lintel Level

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 9:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
Getting Ready for Pillars and Lintel.

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
Cutting for our Pillars

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 8:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
Standing our Pillar Irons and Wood

Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by twinskenny(m): 10:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
nice Job boss... the first design look really cool.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by PeoplesArmy: 12:14pm On Sep 19, 2015
skimanski:

The second design rocks my senses!
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by joshua112: 3:12pm On Sep 19, 2015
skimanski:
Standing our Pillar Irons and Wood

oga skimanski weldone good job but I always wonder .whats the main reason why u tie ur reinforcement at the top of the pillars.
Re: 4 BEDROOM DUPLEX (A New Dimension To Nigerian Architecture) by skimanski(m): 7:09am On Sep 21, 2015
joshua112:

oga skimanski weldone good job but I always wonder .whats the main reason why u tie ur reinforcement at the top of the pillars.

Nothing really. Just to avoid the Iron Bars dancing around the place, hence holding the reinforcement in one place. you can choose to leave yours if you wish.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

My Five (5) Bedroom Bungalow - The Building Process / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / The Making Of The Enugu 6 Bedroom Duplex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.