Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,133 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

Ford Cars Quite Explicit - Car Talk (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Cars Quite Explicit (97784 Views)

BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars? / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Zhirinovsky: 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2022
Please I changed my ford edge engine oil last month only for me to get “oil change soon" message today on my dashboard.

What could be the issue please?

Also, I sent you a pm because I want to beaded to he ford family. (dint want to post my number on a public forum)
Femtopford:

You've been added to Ford family
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by MrHighSea: 9:41am On Apr 23, 2022
What's the pros and cons of Shafts (front wheel) to Axle (back wheel) in a Ford Transit.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Kingdemu: 1:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
Zhirinovsky:
Please I changed my ford edge engine oil last month only for me to get “oil change soon" message today on my dashboard.

What could be the issue please?

Also, I sent you a pm because I want to beaded to he ford family. (dint want to post my number on a public forum)
You have to manually reset the oil life counter anytime you do an oil change. Go on YouTube and learn how to do that.

3 Likes

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Zhirinovsky: 3:05pm On Apr 23, 2022
Thank you, but what do I do now? It's been 1 month I changed the oil, should I still reset it myself and to what percentage please?
Kingdemu:
You have to manually reset the oil life counter anytime you do an oil change. Go on YouTube and learn how to do that.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Kingdemu: 3:54pm On Apr 23, 2022
Zhirinovsky:
Thank you, but what do I do now? It's been 1 month I changed the oil, should I still reset it myself and to what percentage please?
I'll suggest you reset it and while monitoring it, always factor in the one month already used in percentage (which will depend on the regular interval of oil change you do). What oil do you use and do you calculate change interval in months or you depend on what the car computer tells you?. Note that your car calculates your oil life based on distance covered.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Zhirinovsky: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2022
I use hardex and depend on what the car computer tells me.

I think the best is to reset it to maybe 65%
Kingdemu:
I'll suggest you reset it and while monitoring it, always factor in the one month already used in percentage (which will depend on the regular interval of oil change you do). What oil do you use and do you calculate change interval in months or you depend on what the car computer tells you?. Note that your car calculates your oil life based on distance covered.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Kingdemu: 4:10pm On Apr 23, 2022
Zhirinovsky:
I use hardex and depend on what the car computer tells me.

I think the best is to reset it to maybe 65%
I doubt if a month is already up to 65%. If at all resetting allows you to select a certain percentage you want it to start from (cos in most cars it usually resets to 100%), and you've done a lot of movement in this one month, I'll suggest 75%. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Zhirinovsky: 4:57pm On Apr 23, 2022
Thank you
Kingdemu:
I doubt if a month is already up to 65%. If at all resetting allows you to select a certain percentage you want it to start from (cos in most cars it usually resets to 100%), and you've done a lot of movement in this one month, I'll suggest 75%. Good luck.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by SmartJide: 5:33am On Apr 30, 2022
Femtopford:

Mr Femi, I'm about buying a ford edge 2008. Kindly add me to the ford family
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:00am On Apr 30, 2022
SmartJide:

Mr Femi, I'm about buying a ford edge 2008. Kindly add me to the ford family 09123840566
You've been added to our Ford family
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by ThierryJay: 10:11pm On May 02, 2022
Hello at Femtopford, pls where is your workshop located? I have a 2011 Ford edge whose check engine light came on a few days ago.

Also can I use Abro brake fluid in absence of motocraft?

Thanks
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 5:29am On May 03, 2022
ThierryJay:
Hello at Femtopford, pls where is your workshop located? I have a 2011 Ford edge whose check engine light came on a few days ago.

Thanks

Please call these numbers : 07069191035 , 08089670554
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sultaan(m): 11:09pm On May 03, 2022
ThierryJay:

Thanks

Why do you think you need brake fluid

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by ThierryJay: 1:12am On May 04, 2022
[quote author=sultaan post=112500423][/quote]

The fluid level has gone down such that I cant see the oil surface again when I open the brake fluid compartment. Although no warning dashboard notification has come up yet for low brake fluid.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:37am On May 04, 2022
ThierryJay:

The fluid level has gone down such that I cant see the oil surface again when I open the brake fluid compartment. Although no warning dashboard notification has come up yet for low brake fluid.

The brake fluid level had reduced, you couldn't see the surface anymore yet no fluid warning sign on the instrument cluster. You need not to worry too much because the fluid reservoir for 2007 to 2018 Ford Edge is designed with long neck tube or chamber that accommodates extra brake fluid. So at such level without warning sign, it means that it just reduced from the extra long neck tube, you are still good to go. But we need to quickly monitor your Ford edge brake pads reduction/fading or possible slight leaks from brake fluid circuit line.

You are yet to call the phone number I gave you. Pardon me, it's not convenient narrative diagnosis here most of the time, damn too busy in the workshop and Ford WhatsApp group. Please try and call the number.

07069191035 or 08089670554
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Goodlucklucky(m): 2:26am On May 19, 2022
Mr Femi, I'm about buying a ford edge 2008. Kindly add me to the ford family thank you 09012172000
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Bukenzie: 10:29am On May 19, 2022
Please where can i get this fuel pressure sensor in Lagos and how much for '05 Ford escape the same for mazda tribute

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 5:49am On May 20, 2022
Goodlucklucky:
Mr Femi, I'm about buying a ford edge 2008. Kindly add me to the ford family thank you 09012172000

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by atise: 3:23pm On May 20, 2022
Good day.
Please kindly add me to the Ford family.

Thanks
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Dumas32(m): 10:28pm On May 21, 2022
Hi guys, please is ford escape 2010 a reliable car?
What is the pros and cons.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Simeoncal(m): 10:50pm On May 22, 2022
Simeoncal:
Pls add 08032572937

Thank you
Hello Mr Femi, seems you skipped my request above. i sent earlier in february.
Thanks

Also would like to know: are they fakes of motorcraft products in the market? Can you recommend a reliable outlet asides Briscoe and the likes?
One cannot be too careful in Nigeria. Thank you
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:04am On May 23, 2022
Simeoncal:

Thanks

Also would like to know: are they fakes of motorcraft products in the market? Can you recommend a reliable outlet asides Briscoe and the likes?

My apologies for skipping
It will be added now and I prefer you make the enquiry about motorcraft on the group.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:10am On May 23, 2022
Simeoncal:

Thanks

You've been added to Ford WhatsApp group
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Rajman45(m): 6:40am On Jun 17, 2022
Hello bosses,
I want to buy Ford focus 2006v ( Nigeria used ). Is the car maintenance cheap and what should i look for when buying it.
Thanks.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:19am On Jun 17, 2022
Rajman45:
Hello bosses,
I want to buy Ford focus 2006v ( Nigeria used ). Is the car maintenance cheap and what should i look for when buying it.
Thanks.

Ford vehicles are generally good. You said "Nigeria used" , be extremely careful, a lot of problems will start springing up after buying it, just for one cogent reason "because it's Nigeria used" .
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Rajman45(m): 10:52am On Jun 17, 2022
Femtopford:

Ford vehicles are generally good. You said "Nigeria used" , be extremely careful, a lot of problems will start springing up after buying it, just for one cogent reason "because it's Nigeria used" .
Okay.... thank you very much.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Jflex91: 10:09pm On Jul 15, 2022
Please add me to the ford whatsapp group. Am about getting a ford edge 2008.
Thank you
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:03am On Jul 17, 2022
Jflex91:
Please add me to the ford whatsapp group. Am about getting a ford edge 2008.
Thank you

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by appcypher: 12:08am On Aug 01, 2022
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by appcypher: 12:10am On Aug 01, 2022
Femtopford:

Can you add me to the ford whatsapp group please?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:36am On Aug 01, 2022
appcypher:

Can you add me to the ford whatsapp group please?

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by ttshems(m): 2:24am On Sep 12, 2022
Please add me to the Ford WhatsApp group 0803678

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (31) (Reply)

Tell Us Your Car Fault Lets Assess And Fix Them / List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.