Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Ford Cars Quite Explicit - Car Talk (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Ford Cars Quite Explicit (97682 Views)

BMW Is Already Recalling New M760li Over Oil Leak – Quite Fast! / How Reliable And Maintenance Friendly Are Ford Cars? / In Need Of General Enlightenment About Ford Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Amasonok: 1:31pm On Feb 07, 2019
Can you give detailed analysis of Ford Edge
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by phredbongg(m): 12:26am On Feb 10, 2019
Femtopford:
Ford escape 2005/2006 is extremely good. Maintenance wise : you are free from frequent suspension problems but only routine service. Avoid unskilled auto electrician which could damage the PCM. Once the 02 sensors are OK, it economies fuel.

Hi Femtopford, I have a Ford Escape 2005 version that I've been using since last year and it's been serving me well. However, it has an O2 sensor issue as diagnosed from the engine light on the dashboard. Tell me, am I damaging the vehicle by not fixing the O2 sensor problem? I've been managing it since last year with this issue. Thanks.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by sultaan(m): 6:43am On Feb 10, 2019
phredbongg:

Hi Femtopford, I have a Ford Escape 2005 version that I've been using since last year and it's been serving me well. However, it has an O2 sensor issue as diagnosed from the engine light on the dashboard. Tell me, am I damaging the vehicle by not fixing the O2 sensor problem? I've been managing it since last year with this issue. Thanks.

Yes it causes damage to the catalytic converter, changes fuel economy etc
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:31am On Feb 26, 2019
nonen:
My friends mechanic just damaged his Ford 2012 Limited Engine. Please do you have idea of how much for a complete engine?

First and foremost is to extract the details of what's done on the engine and the damage caused, before try to get the cost and replacement of engine.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Osisie(m): 11:50am On Mar 01, 2019
Guys, I'm about getingba 2008 Ford Focus, but everyone is discouraging me concerning maintenance costs and spare parts availability.

Is this a reasonable fear? Shild I hold back?
How accessible are the parts and what maintenance costs should I expect?

Like, if my shocks get bad, will I be able to get a replacement in time in Lagos?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 6:29pm On Mar 11, 2019
Osisie:
Guys, I'm about getingba 2008 Ford Focus, but everyone is discouraging me concerning maintenance costs and spare parts availability.

Is this a reasonable fear? Shild I hold back?
How accessible are the parts and what maintenance costs should I expect?

Like, if my shocks get bad, will I be able to g
et a replacement in time in Lagos?

No constraints, do not listen to side talk from ford vehicles novice, Focus 2008 is very reliable and nice take home.

In a nut shell, availability of spare parts and maintenance cost is equivalent to Toyota corolla 2008.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by paulibling(m): 11:41pm On Mar 11, 2019
Could you imagine that I read this thread from the beginning to the last page. Your juju is very potent. I normally go through car talks and autos without seriousness cos there are bunch of unseriousness in nairaland and I had seen your name made wise replies and I pass up until recently I started falling in love with Ford escape/explorer 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders 2007 model etc., and saw this thread and decided to read your posts and alas I was blown away with an iota of conviction that you are it. I sincerely commend this thread and recommend it too to Mazda and Ford owners and other autos Ford affiliates. I have taken your number and will surely give you a beep.
I presently drive Mazda premacy 2001 automatic transmission and the rpm is slightly fluctuating at idle and the engine too is showing sign of rough idling. It had stalled sometimes but not always. No error code on the dash board and that worries me bad. Sometimes the engine will be very high and i have to be on the break to tame the speed. But I must tell you that this car can best any car it meets on the road despite this headache.
This problem started the day my alternator belt cut and the timing belt shifted. The engine was opened for the first time at 129,000 mileage. Even some bolts broke in the process (I haven't fixed the two bolts yet). The mechanic just slided the timing belt back and boom all the problem I aforementioned started. It had shown some error codes that time but once I clear them they will go with the wind. Despite all these, I needed an SUV and started doting on Ford escape/explorer cos of the kind of road where I newly relocated to. So back to the Mazda, I have looked at the plugs, coil packs, cleaned the throttle body; yet they are not the problem. Could throttle position sensor be the culprit? Also how do I get oem Mazda premacy parts cos it seems that our mechanics and car parts dealers do not know what is oem. As it stands I do not trust a mechanic that does not sound intelligent like you.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by mayor2013: 2:25am On Mar 12, 2019
paulibling:
Could you imagine that I read this thread from the beginning to the last page. Your juju is very potent. I normally go through car talks and autos without seriousness cos there are bunch of unseriousness in nairaland and I had seen your name made wise replies and I pass up until recently I started falling in love with Ford escape/explorer 4 cylinders and 6 cylinders 2007 model etc., and saw this thread and decided to read your posts and alas I was blown away with an iota of conviction that you are it. I sincerely commend this thread and recommend it too to Mazda and Ford owners and other autos Ford affiliates. I have taken your number and will surely give you a beep.
I presently drive Mazda premacy 2001 automatic transmission and the rpm is slightly fluctuating at idle and the engine too is showing sign of rough idling. It had stalled sometimes but not always. No error code on the dash board and that worries me bad. Sometimes the engine will be very high and i have to be on the break to tame the speed. But I must tell you that this car can best any car it meets on the road despite this headache.
This problem started the day my alternator belt cut and the timing belt shifted. The engine was opened for the first time at 129,000 mileage. Even some bolts broke in the process (I haven't fixed the two bolts yet). The mechanic just slided the timing belt back and boom all the problem I aforementioned started. It had shown some error codes that time but once I clear them they will go with the wind. Despite all these, I needed an SUV and started doting on Ford escape/explorer cos of the kind of road where I newly relocated to. So back to the Mazda, I have looked at the plugs, coil packs, cleaned the throttle body; yet they are not the problem. Could throttle position sensor be the culprit? Also how do I get oem Mazda premacy parts cos it seems that our mechanics and car parts dealers do not know what is oem. As it stands I do not trust a mechanic that does not sound intelligent like you.

Timing might just have skipped by a tooth
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by paulibling(m): 8:18am On Mar 12, 2019
mayor2013:

Timing might just have skipped by a tooth
I was thinking it in my inner inner heart. As in I even told the main Mechanic that his boy did no set this thing very well cos I was there looking at him and the way he slided it through was not what I have learnt online how the belt should be done cos my sweet ride turned to something else after that.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:54am On Mar 12, 2019
paulibling:

Right, the timing might have skipped by a one sprocket tooth, aside that you need to retrieve the fault code again and post it here
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by paulibling(m): 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2019
Femtopford:

Right, the timing might have skipped by a one sprocket tooth, aside that you need to retrieve the fault code again and post it hehre
I am gonna do that if I will see cos no light is showing on the dash board.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by TRUENORTHERNER: 8:50pm On Mar 27, 2019
Dear Femtop,
I had issues with my front propeller(it was producing a rattling sound while driving), and my mechanic said the front axle is bad hence the rattling noise. He recommended removing the propeller as I didn't have the � to replace it at the moment. The car has been okay since then just that it appears to have less take-off power and tends to drag with a high rpm during acceleration. Could the removal of the propeller cause this? Are there any long term consequences if I continue driving without the propeller? Pls help a brother. Car is ford explorer 2006
[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 5:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
TRUENORTHERNER:
Dear Femtop,
I had issues with my front propeller(it was producing a rattling sound while driving), and my mechanic said the front axle is bad hence the rattling noise. He recommended removing the propeller as I didn't have the � to replace it at the moment. The car has been okay since then just that it appears to have less take-off power and tends to drag with a high rpm during acceleration. Could the removal of the propeller cause this? Are there any long term consequences if I continue driving without the propeller? Pls help a brother. Car is ford explorer 2006
[color=#000099][/color]

Yes, the removal of front propeller caused it.
HOW?
There are 3 main resistance against vehicle's movement.
(1) ROLLING RESISTANCE : It's about the resultant of the vehicle's weight
(2)GRADIENT RESISTANCE : About hill ascension, rough roads, terrain etc
(3) WIND RESISTANCE : Wind force against all moving objects, this almost taken care by the vehicle aerodynamics.

There by, the vehicle's manufacturers had taken into consideration all these resistance and incorporated into the vehicle an auxiliary to supplement the vehicle's torque and supersedes the resistance.

like your 2006 explorer, the front propeller Begins it's action at seconds interval after the rear propeller takes-off by the torque from the powetrain according to the information received form ( PCM, TCM, ABS and 4X4) modules networking to the relative resistance compelled on the vehicle.
So, with the absence of front propeller, only the rear propeller works against those resistance, no supplementary force to assist the torque of the rear propeller as a result, manufacturer's calculated take-off will be interrupted.

The long time consequence will be damage to transmission of rear axle.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 5:34pm On Apr 01, 2019
TRUENORTHERNER:
Dear Femtop,
[color=#000099][/color]

Apology for responding late, am always busy in the workshop than online.

Best regards.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by TRUENORTHERNER: 5:59pm On Apr 01, 2019
thank you Femtop.
would try and replace soonest.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:45am On Apr 02, 2019
TRUENORTHERNER:
thank you Femtop. would try and replace soonest.
Wise decision sir
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by derayo90: 12:47pm On Apr 18, 2019
please can anybody advice me on ford flex 2010 before making the choice of buying it
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by derayo90: 2:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
between ford flex and lexus gx 470 which one should i go for
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 11:37am On Apr 22, 2019
derayo90:
between ford flex and lexus gx 470 which one should i go for

It's replied in my second page.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by mattaz(m): 5:56am On May 31, 2019
So I'm saying thank you to Mr. Femtopford. He's not just competent but an all round nice man. Went around with me till we could find a sweet 2011 Ford Edge. Thank you so much sir. Mr. Femi this is Mr Tony.

1 Like

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 04, 2019
Hi Sir,

Great, beneficial work you're doing here

I'd like to know what you think about the Ford Edge 07/08. Is it reliable as a daily driver and is the fuel economy good?

Fords are not so common so how easy will it be to maintain, especially for someone who's not in Lagos?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:32am On Jun 21, 2019
mattaz:
So I'm saying thank you to Mr. Femtopford. He's not just competent but an all round nice man. Went around with me till we could find a sweet 2011 Ford Edge. Thank you so much sir. Mr. Femi this is Mr Tony.

Oh Mr Tony, my gratitude, so sorry for my late response, extremely compounded with line up of vehicles in the workshop couldn't frequently visit online.
How's your journey back to Ph.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 8:52am On Jun 21, 2019
koonbey:
Hi Sir,

Great, beneficial work you're doing here

I'd like to know what you think about the Ford Edge 07/08. Is it reliable as a daily driver and is the fuel economy good?

Fords are not so common so how easy will it be to maintain, especially for someone who's not in Lagos?

Ford vehicles generally are reliable, as for 07/08 ford edge as the oldest and first brand of edge product. If the depreciation on the said vehicle by the first user were considerable low, then satisfy that the transmission system and cooling fan system are in optimal performance, either by checks or diagnosis.
Aside these, good to go for.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
Afternoon Elders, now i am a Ford man grin. Just got a Ford Mondeo 2002,Duratec HE, 2.0ltr engine direct from Cotonou last week. It's not a luxury car but because that's what my money could afford, i was told to get it based on its performance and handling.
I have read some reviews and watched YouTube videos and the comments have not been bad but i need an experienced user or auto mechanic who could help out with the Do's and Don't.
P:S The car is going to be more of a business venture for a 27yr old (my day job is a soul wrecking job that doesn't pay much so i would be using it to hustle on weekends) .

Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by komekn(m): 7:59am On Jul 12, 2019
Curious are you the same Femi that had a garage in Omole phase 1 just next door to the Governor Lodge Hotel.❓
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Femtopford(m): 7:21am On Aug 06, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:
Afternoon Elders, now i am a Ford man grin. Just got a Ford Mondeo 2002,Duratec HE, 2.0ltr engine direct from Cotonou last week. It's not a luxury car but because that's what my money could afford, i was told to get it based on its performance and handling.
I have read some reviews and watched YouTube videos and the comments have not been bad but i need an experienced user or auto mechanic who could help out with the Do's and Don't.
P:S The car is going to be more of a business venture for a 27yr old (my day job is a soul wrecking job that doesn't pay much so i would be using it to hustle on weekends) .

No issues, with ford Mondeo 02, am absolutely sure that it will render its purpose efficiently, Also economical to maintain.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by Nobody: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2019
Afternoon Elders, i just realised this afternoon that my car handbrake has refused to go down and car movement stalled (Drive and reverse).
I just decided to drive it out and get fuel this afternoon and i noticed.
What could be the cause?
Low fuel or what?
Its a Tokunbo Ford which has not been driven out of the compound due to delay in vehicle registration since it came in.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by aywhy93(m): 4:39pm On Nov 16, 2019
Femtopford:

Motorcraft 5w20 is available at sole distributors across the country and it's the best option for you Ford

Hi, I looked around but didn't see it... Any idea where I can get it in Ibadan..?
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by MystiqueTaurus(m): 9:04pm On Nov 16, 2019
Hi Femtopford stumbled on this thread and I’m amazed at the good work you are doing. Kudos.

Please between a Ford Edge 2007/2008 and a 4 cylinder Ford Escape 2008/2009 which would you recommend?

I intend to import any of the 2 for a quick sale. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by dljbd1(m): 11:45pm On Nov 16, 2019
Guys, which year's Ford Escape do you recommend?
I love the sturdy looks of the first gen though...but won't mind the 2nd gen if that's more recommended.
As for the 3rd gen....nah!
I hate the looks coupled with the various faults I have read come with them.
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by jeudasky: 7:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
Hi mr Femtopford,
Please can you help me with the price of ford escape 2008 V6 engine and transmission together. Thanks
Re: Ford Cars Quite Explicit by arixreal: 8:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
Good day to all engineer in the house
I want to go into transportation biz
I intent to use Ford E350,E250 and E150 running with aircondition for about 700km daily for 3yrs
Can it withstand the pressure
Secondly how about the maintenance of it ?
Please u guy to add me to Ford group WhatsApp

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (31) (Reply)

List Of 24 Cars You Should Never Buy By Nigerian Twitter User (Photos) / Photos-Official Car Of The Nigerian President / Right Hand Drive (RHD) To Left Hand Drive (LHD) Conversion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.