Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,700 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:44 PM

Sex And Violence In The Bible - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sex And Violence In The Bible (4429 Views)

Pope’s New Guidelines On Love, Sex And Marriage / Sex And Prayers: My Experience / Islam and violence are one (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by GL(f): 1:49pm On Oct 07, 2006
dont let it get to you when ppl say derogatory things about Jesus because He's still God no matter what anyone says or does.

besides, it's not worth it arguing with, or even replying, Mizieya.
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by Nobody: 12:45am On Oct 08, 2006
@Havila You forgot to add that miss pink is also a homo and a sodomite
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2006
[b]

http://www.bidstrup.com/sodomy.htm

While the word sodomy in its contemporary context is generally used to mean "ass rape" or at least "anal sex", historically and legally the term has had a much broader meaning. Originating in the 11th century, the word sodomy was coined by Saint Peter Damian to replace the earlier term "Sin of Sodom". (Sodom and Gomorrah being those cities in the Bible which were destroyed by God for their unredeemable moral depravity.)

Interestingly enough, over the centuries many bible thumpers have forgotten that the "Sin of Sodom" never referred to a singular sin (like ass humping), but rather to a collective of sin (i.e. all the sin accumulated in Sodom). The unclean acts that contributed to this cesspool of sin included, but were not limited to:

* Anal Sex
* Bestiality
* MouthAction
* Sex outside of wedlock (a.k.a. fornication)
* Mutual masturbation
* Selling sexual favors in the name of God/Goddesses (temple prostitution was big with certain pagan religions in and around the Holy Land)

While St. Peter himself had originally included solo masturbation under the heading "Sodomy", later religious thinkers, gave it its own separate heading, "Onanism" -- perhaps to better differentiate the more childlike vice of self-pleasuring from sins which showed more spiritual deviancy. Oddly, although lying with mankind, as with womankind was an abomination in the bible, evidence shows that homosexual marriages were still sanctioned and performed in the Christian church, at least up until the Middle Ages.

It wasn't until the 16th or 17th Century (specifically in England) that the term "sodomite" ceased referring to the ancient residents of Sodom and Gomorrah and began to refer to sexual deviants -- primarily to those who took it dans le bosphore. But even though sodomite began to more and more refer to homosexual men, lesbians too were called sodomites and, technically, everyone -- whether hetero or homo -- who engaged in MouthAction, anal sex, or bestiality were also sodomites.

As an aside You dear Reader will notice that King David a sodomite, his lovers were saul and johnathon, is an atypical bloke who also engaged in sex and violence in the bible. But unlike Lot, Adam and Eve, Cain and Abel - he didn't engage in incest.[/b]
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by nyabinghi(m): 10:11am On Jun 11, 2007
Mezeiya,

U have done a good job, but they will never accept it all they do is parry this and that. You have their backs to the ropes. let them deny all the verses.
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 10:38am On Jun 11, 2007
nyabinghi

Thanks, but when it comes down to it as you say- people keep parrying. Thats why its always important to stand ones ground regardless of the opposition. Otherwise the uneducated remains uneducated. Every seed sown - even on infertile ground is worth the effort.

Have a good week.

MIZIEYA

http://www.mizieya.com/
http://www.sisterameliaandjesusministries.com/
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by TellyB(m): 10:59am On Jun 11, 2007
@nyanbinghi,

It's easy to applaud low IQs because you haven't been able to hold your tuff. Just for referral, when it comes down to it, Muhammad didn't have to wait until the 16th or 17th centuries in England before he did explicitly worse things than your adulator has attempted to drivel earlier.

If we apply the same rule of thumb for every case that we find the same words in the English Qur'an, then it only would make a monumental case for the beast that Muhammad was. Fair enough? If this makes you upset, then try not closer your brains to reason when you reads cheats making up silly articles in order to pepper your antics.

Just dare me, and you'll read stuff from both the Qur'an, the Hadith, and the ijma that portray Muhammad for what only a few people know. I have held my cool up until now; but you can prompt me to school you up on the REAL Muhammad by just the click of a botton.

Make a wish.  smiley
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by TellyB(m): 11:02am On Jun 11, 2007
@MIZIEYA,

Good job at a demonstration of empty puff. If you're male, then I wonder if one ever reads that the love you have for your Dad or brothers could be translated as Homosexual and sodomy?

It's easy to cheat your readers by trying to make it appear so, as in the case between David and Jonathan; but your low IQ is not surprising at all. grin
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 11:14am On Jun 11, 2007
If I have a low IQ- it will always remain 17 times higher than your own.

An incestuous sodomite is no different from a homosexual or heterosexual sodomite: pre-intimacy is the watchword. I'm guesing you're a victim of incestuous sodomy no doubt with your father- as opposed to a healthy non sexual relationship with siblings, and parents.

Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by thesilent1(m): 11:25am On Jun 11, 2007
okay, someone woke up on the wrong side this morning.
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by TellyB(m): 11:34am On Jun 11, 2007
MIZIEYA:

If I have a low IQ- it will always remain 17 times higher than your own.

When measuring backwards, you mean? I'm not surprised. cool

MIZIEYA:

An incestuous sodomite is no different from a homosexual or heterosexual sodomite: pre-intimacy is the watchword. I'm guesing you're a victim of incestuous sodomy no doubt with your father- as opposed to a healthy non sexual relationship with siblings, and parents.

It was a simply question, dude. grin Now you got bitten.

Point was simply this: if it ok to misread issues from the Bible, then it shouldn't rile your guts when the same rule of thumb is applied to YOU!
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 11:46am On Jun 11, 2007
There is nothing misrepresented in any of my posts: I have done as required and posted biblical verses to prove my point as well as online references: I can quite easily produce bibliography from scholars if so required. If it comes down to it I can upload my Desktop Library to this forum as long as the bandwidth can manage the file size.

No doubt you are influenced by Amphetamine Logic after all- anyone who writes verbiage as stunningly as yours, as well as presumes to know my state of mind, not to mention claim they have a higher IQ than I - clearly must be on some thing.

A tip: try cocaine or heroine: quaaludes are so yesterday.
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by thesilent1(m): 11:51am On Jun 11, 2007
A tip: try cocaine or heroine: quaaludes are so yesterday

using my "septic meg" abilities i can predict that this is going to be a long one! lol

not sure if i should join in or just watch from the sidelines?! either way, it seems to be fun.

PS - just been on your website, why no clear picture of yourself. i am curious to see if i actually know you
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 11:58am On Jun 11, 2007
there is a section called 'gallery': loads of pics of me- you can click the images and they will enlarge -
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by TellyB(m): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2007
@MIZIEYA,

MIZIEYA:

There is nothing misrepresented in any of my posts: I have done as required and posted biblical verses to prove my point as well as online references: I can quite easily produce bibliography from scholars if so required. If it comes down to it I can upload my Desktop Library to this forum as long as the bandwidth can manage the file size.

Yep, and it still boils down to reading issues backwards; which is still forgiveable even if you upload the size of a Google server. I can appreciate good sense anyhow; but this one is a red minus, sorry.  cheesy

MIZIEYA:

No doubt you are influenced by Amphetamine Logic after all- anyone who writes verbiage as stunningly as yours, as well as presumes to know my state of mind, not to mention claim they have a higher IQ than I - clearly must be on some thing.

Aww, I wouldn't have half imagined that you could be so condenscending with the accolades. Thank you.  kiss

MIZIEYA:

A tip: try cocaine or heroine: quaaludes are so yesterday.

Nice to see you've tasted them all.  grin  I choose a clean bill of health, thanks.  grin
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2007
Naturally The Readers only have your word for that- but it is clear that your inadequacy is transparent. After all if the bible is suitable for all ages and is above reproach then you wouldn't need to defend it in any shape or form. But then: the bible does state it is a book of lies.

I rest my case.

Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by TellyB(m): 12:06pm On Jun 11, 2007
No worries. Like you said, I didn't need to defend the Bible - and that's why I didn't do any apologetics on what you posted. Enjoy! cheesy
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2007
Aplogetics, Conservatists, Fundamentalists = same bandwagon:Pharassiac.

The fact that you needed to comment at all says a lot about your bluster. And it still doesn't change anything: the bible is inundated with sex and violence and christians justify it just as their counterparts: the muslims justify theirs (violent and sexual content).

Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by nossycheek(f): 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2007
Another crazy outburst from yet to be identified Yaba or Aro in mates.

MIZIEYA, read the Bible if you can instead of copying from websites
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by thesilent1(m): 7:54pm On Jun 11, 2007
oh no; its HIS website! grin shocked
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 12:10am On Jun 12, 2007
Whether I read websites or read a bible - fact is: sex and violence begins in genesis and ends in revelation.

Strange how people complain about graphic violent and sexual content in movies, books and violent video games- and yet when it comes to scrutinising the bible- its all "the bible is gods word ergo its ok to have sex and violence in it"

As smut books go- the bible does have the advantage of not being too obvious- no need to carry it in a paper brown bag for instance,

Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 12:13am On Jun 12, 2007
[color=#770077]well, the silent: if a website says www.mizieya.com- the conclusion of who's website it is should be obvious

however if its called www.ieya.info (although that in itself should be a clue as to who the author is) or sisterameliaandjesusministries.com- might be less so.

[/color]
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by mrpataki(m): 12:37am On Jun 12, 2007
@ Mizieya,
Your Sigidi pics in your profile is highly ridiculous! grin grin grin grin. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Funny that in all your post here, you have not made mentioned of any scripture from the bible to back your allegations and your pigheaded attitude towards opening your heart to understanding the truth!

If I am wrong please prove me so!

I was actually going to unwrap your drivel and show how your rancid verbiage pollutes the arena of the intellectuals and how your inanity has become a laughing stock for everyone to see. But when I went through some of your posts, I knew where your problem lies! Here is one of your rubbish:

MIZIEYA:

evil? internet fraud is evil. Rape is evil, murder is evil. Beastiality is evil. Pedophilia is evil. Bisexual men passing on deadly diseases knowingly to their female partners/wives= evil. War is evil. Christianity and islam are evil.

[b]Elighten me: how is homosexuality evil?

Ignorance is evil.

[/b]

For those who know better, they will know your case is actually more than addressing issues with you!
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 4:05am On Jun 12, 2007
[b]The truly intelligent would note that there are currently two (2) pages making up this particular thread.

We are on the second page.

The first page has biblical quotes, references and so on that I deliverered (courtesy of the kjv bible), examples of sex and violence. It should be noted at this juncture that, if sex and violence is in one version of the bible- it will also be in all other versions of the bible, you may note at this point that for all your bluster- I am the only one who has brought biblical quotes and references to the table- whilst everyone else has simply done nothing but make obtuse and crass statements- a bit like yours actually,

My advice is to actually check before you type something.

Just because you're black and uneducated does not mean that it is perfectly acceptable for you or indeed anyone else to let the side down by acting the ignoramus. Image is everything.

Consider for a moment WWJD? (what would jesus do?). I suspect jesus would rustle up some willing vigilantes - lets call them disciples- and hunt down pharissees- naming and shaming them- and for a guess: you being a christian or at least an affiliate of christianity- would immediately put you and other failures on the Hit List.

Now, if you don't mind I would like to return to the bible. I'm currently re-reading the song of solomon and editing out the smut - which so far leaves me with the title of the book and the opening sentence, Please note Dear Readers that the bible is not suitable reading material for children or those adults who are Pious, Puritan, or mentally challenged or deranged.
[/b]
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by ricadelide(m): 5:02am On Jun 12, 2007
MIZIEYA:

[color=#770077]well, the silent: if a website says www.mizieya.com- the conclusion of who's website it is should be obvious

however if its called www.ieya.info (although that in itself should be a clue as to who the author is) or sisterameliaandjesusministries.com- might be less so.

[/color]

Quote from mizieya's website at www.ieya.info
IEYA, aims to bring you thoughts, suggestions, wisdom and solutions on issues and concerns that affect The Saints (worldwide) through Annointed Messengers: The Administration.

This means that you are no longer required to think for yourselves. Let IEYA do the thinking for you.

Guys, you're discussing with a guy who has given over his mind to a group of people to reason for him, how can he be convinced?

@Mizieya,
when you recover your mind back from the people you loaned it to, we can then begin to try to uproot the loads of deception and folly that the devil, through the Ieya connection, has planted in it.
till then, prayers.
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by Horus(m): 9:20am On Jun 12, 2007
Bestiality in The Bible
Bestiality came about when caucasian first had sex with what the Bible (Jonah 3:cool calls Behemoth – which are human beasts, of the fields – not dogs. It was way back during the period of time when the lepers lived in the Caucasus Mountains. The Caucasians began to lose their power to reproduce because of a lack of melanin, which depleted the salt in their bodies and it had reached a dangerous minimum. Their lacking in the full amount of melanin, which activates the iodine, can interfere with their reproductiveness. So, the males came down from the mountains to kidnap the Nubian (aka brown) women of the villages, in order to have sexual relations and reproduce an offspring that would not bear the full curse of leprosy. They wanted to return to a pure state; but, the curse of the father “fell” on the son even up to the fourth generation (Numbers 14:18). In order to assure security, the Aryans migrated with their Nubian captives from the Caucasus Mountain to what is known today as India, to mix in with the original Indians (Hindi). This is why some east Indians look like Nubians, with straight, goatish hair and Nubian features.
The caucasians female lepers who did not mix were pushed further back up into the mountains and fell so low (due to the shortage of males), as to lay with and have sexual intercourse with beasts, such as the jackal, which is an ancestor of today’s dog. The Caucasians seed was kept alive because the Caucasian women and the jackal mated. This is also how and where venereal disease came about.
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by Aproko(f): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2007
i wonder why the bible or the quoran is always the basis for arguments!!!

@mizieya,

you have indeed backed your opinion with bible passages and thats fine by me. why not tell people the moral lesson without trying to insult them or the God they worship? dont transfer any hate into the post, please leave it at facts.

@all,

when it gets to insults and name calling, it actually takes the shine off the arguments. obviously, the existence of God cannot be logically proven and the bible is full of contradictions that is why it should not be interpreted literarily but with the direction of the holy spirit .

i think we should try to react to the topic without insulting the poster or trying to insinuate that he is inferior because he doesnt share our point of view.

@ topic,

the bible was not written by Jesus Christ or God, so when you want to prove your point from the bible, its best to leave jesus christ and/or God out of it. make your point without having to paint jesus or god or any other prophet for that matter in a bad light!
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by thesilent1(m): 1:41pm On Jun 12, 2007
The Caucasians seed was kept alive because the Caucasian women and the jackal mated. This is also how and where venereal disease came about.

okay!?!"?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 3:21pm On Jun 12, 2007
Ok, rica I'll explain in plain english.

With short sentences.

As far as possible.

Websites that are MIZIEYA's ,

(written and starring MIZIEYA,

including set design,

wardrobe and so on)

1- www.ieya.info (currently going through a makeover and updates)
2 www.mizieya.com
3 www.sisterameliandjesusministries.com (currently on the search for a black nun as well as going through a makeover and updates).

Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by thesilent1(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2007
currently on the search for a black nun

have you tried the black jesus movement by the high street? i understand they have just got new stock
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2007
[b]Horus, would you state the sources you got your info from.

There is a stunning trend to blame everything on the white man this mainly comes from Black America that has to all intents and purposes become its white counterpart: the blame game includes:

Homosexuality
Aides
STD's
Slavery

The former three of course are denied as having anything to do with African or black culture. Which is similar to opine that mental health problems are purely a white mans social disease. whilst slavery holistically never was anything new- Africans enslaved each other as did the indians and so on. My view is: if you're going to scapegoat the white man for everything- at least start off with the bible- judaism, and christianity- which blacks avidly soak up without a second thought especially when knowing the history of judaism and christianity. One may as well add islam to the list since that religion isn't doing anyone let alone muslims any particular favours. Although I did find the sex life of mohammed somewhat interesting to read about. Allah's little 'prophet' flaccid and impotent. Would explain to a degree why muslims are prone to bouts of hysteria in almost equal proportion to their christian counterparts.

Sex and violence in the bible- sex and violence in the quran

Yeehaw![/b]
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by MIZIEYA: 3:38pm On Jun 12, 2007
I havent but next time I'm in London- I'll take a look- I live in wales, I am wondering if i can mail order one, ya know like a mail order bride from russia, failing that - I'm going to have to go into drag,

Not a pretty sight.
Re: Sex And Violence In The Bible by thesilent1(m): 3:39pm On Jun 12, 2007
Horus, would you state the sources you got your info from.

There is a stunning trend to blame everything on the white man this mainly comes from Black America that has to all intents and purposes become its white counterpart:  the blame game includes:

Homosexuality
Aides
STD's
Slavery

The former three of course are denied as having anything to do with African or black culture. Which is similar to opine that mental health problems are purely a white mans social disease.  whilst slavery holistically never was anything new- Africans enslaved each other as did the indians and so on. My view is: if you're going to scapegoat the white man for everything- at least start off with the bible- judaism, and christianity- which blacks avidly soak up without a second thought especially when knowing the history of judaism and christianity. One may as well add  islam to the list since that religion isn't doing anyone let alone muslims any particular favours. Although I did find the sex life of mohammed somewhat interesting to read about. Allah's little 'prophet' flaccid and impotent. Would explain to a degree why muslims are prone to bouts of hysteria in almost equal proportion to their christian counterparts.

oh no!!!!!! you mean there is a hint of racism in horus's posts?!?!?!?!?!?!?! GOD FORBID wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bishop Okonkwo Charges $2,000 For 'Special' Prayers At TREM Conference / Elaho: The Most Powerful Benin Diety / Random Musings On Religion.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.