Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,490 members, 7,816,156 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2360) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4387095 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2357) (2358) (2359) (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 8:08pm On Aug 04, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I agree with you and they’ve already started discouraging him.

I don’t see how we have more offensive food odor than Mexicans, Indians and Arabs who live in open kitchens in the USA.

Some just like to pretend that Nigeria is somehow on Jupiter and unique.

If you live dirty and unorganized then I guess open kitchen won’t make sense. Just lock some poor innocent house girl in the dungeon kitchen I guess.

Me, I get turned on watching my partner do her thing in the kitchen sha.

PS: That’s a fantastic solution that you have there. I’m going to use a commercial extractor.

They live there because that is what builders convinced them. May Not be necessarily what they want.open plan is anesthetically pleasing but may not be suitable for everyone....I still prefer my kitchen to be separated from living room and that does not mean one is living in olden days...

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 8:25pm On Aug 04, 2021
siralos135:

I used Gbadexy paint in my new build.His paint is a major highpoint of my house.Just a simple wash with soap removes any stain(even marker stains) without the paint loosing it's shine.
I recommend Gbadexy's paint 100%

What's the name of the paint.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:45pm On Aug 04, 2021
dongc:

They live there because that is what builders convinced them. May Not be necessarily what they want.open plan is anesthetically pleasing but may not be suitable for everyone....I still prefer my kitchen to be separated from living room and that does not mean one is living in olden days...

We have a healthy custom home industry in the USA. My house in Texas was not a spec home but a totally custom build.

As far as preference, why would I say that you are living in the olden days? That is exactly the point I am making. We all have different choices but to abuse those that differ from you is unsound. In my opinion.

To be clear , open or closed, don't matter to me. Just doin';t be going off telling me that it's a regrettable choice.

I'm done on this subject matter.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:46pm On Aug 04, 2021
Barrmary:

The building is in PHC sir. So it’s the Steel village in Port Harcourt.

Oh that’s five. I thought it was a Lagos project.

So you think he can’t get a new 40ft length 4inches new pipes in the market?

That thickness is not something you easily see around. Not to talk of the length.

Also please the first time you replied and said hope he’s not welding else I should go for the H-beam, please what do you mean by this?

It’s just a personal thing though. I’d rather prefer a welded H-Beam to a welded pipe

And should I put the Steel overhead tank into consideration instead of the GP tanks I instead to use?

You should be fine with GeePee Tanks. But if your budget allows it, Steel Overhead Tank is not bad either. You can even go for a Braithwaite Overhead Tank. grin

Thanks so much Boss and I appreciate your time you take in replying my questions.

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 8:49pm On Aug 04, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
Still in stock Spanish tiles available
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

What about wall tiles? What's the dimensions? How many pieces per carton and how much?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Barrmary: 8:56pm On Aug 04, 2021
n3xt:

Oh that’s five. I thought it was a Lagos project.

That thickness is not something you easily see around. Not to talk of the length.

It’s just a personal thing though. I’d rather prefer a welded H-Beam to a welded pipe

You should be fine with GeePee Tanks. But if your budget allows it, Steel Overhead Tank is not bad either. You can even go for a Braithwaite Overhead Tank. grin

You’re welcome!

Okay Boss, thanks I will put all you have said into consideration. H-Beam even comes out finer from the ones I’ve seen so far

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:07pm On Aug 04, 2021
Hatesin:

What about wall tiles? What's the dimensions? How many pieces per carton and how much?
inbox me with your questions on WhatsApp and what size do you want to buy?
And there many sizes and different made

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:03pm On Aug 04, 2021
Barrmary:
Goodmorning to our Able and wonderful Building Experts here,

Attached is my building plan and please you can give any advice as i just finished with the German floor since May this year. I intend to make the 2nd floor just for my family alone so it will be joint 4bedroom flat at the 2nd floor of the building.

Please I am building a 2-storey building with 3 bedroom flats on the right and 2 bedroom flats on the left side.

I am doe with my DPC (German floor) and I would please need advice for making my OVERHEAD TANK STAND.

My Engineer advises me to use 40ft length 4inches steel Pipes with 10mm thickness, that i shouldn't use H-Beam because it doesn't last.

Please is it true that H-Beam doesn't last for Overhead tank Stand? Please Gurus in the house help me out here and Guide me....Thanks

cc; n3xt
EgunMogaji2
Dijita
KolaShangOne
rotecch77
And any other member that can also advice.
sir, I will tell you from experience as a welder. You are better off with H channel. This is same thing used in making steel bridges. Don't ever try anything pipe because it will definitely retain water. And no matter how thick the iron is, with long exposure to water and other atmospheric factors, it will rust.

Having said that, you can make your decision yourself. BTW, you don't need 40ft for a two storey building. At best, you need 35ft tall tank

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:12pm On Aug 04, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Okay,l mean is toilet size, 600 x 700
Price 25k
Thanks

Engaged.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:16pm On Aug 04, 2021
Naijapal:

What's the name of the paint.
Regal paint sir.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 10:47pm On Aug 04, 2021
somehow:

Engaged.
I really appreciate boss
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:07am On Aug 05, 2021
Barrmary:

Attached is my building plan and please you can give any advice as i just finished with the German floor since May this year. I intend to make the 2nd floor just for my family alone so it will be joint 4bedroom flat at the 2nd floor of the building.

Please I am building a 2-storey building with 3 bedroom flats on the right and 2 bedroom flats on the left side.

I am doe with my DPC (German floor) and I would please need advice for making my OVERHEAD TANK STAND.

My Engineer advises me to use 40ft length 4inches steel Pipes with 10mm thickness, that i shouldn't use H-Beam because it doesn't last.

Please is it true that H-Beam doesn't last for Overhead tank Stand? Please Gurus in the house help me out here and Guide me....Thanks

cc; n3xt
EgunMogaji2
Dijita
KolaShangOne
rotecch77

I guess he's taking from his own experience. I don't know if 4" / 10mm pipes will carry 4 tanks of maybe 2000L each.. but I'm sure H-beam of the right thickness and build will carry it.

I think you're better off with a steel tank of say 6,000- 8000 litres if you have some few millions to spend.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 1:28am On Aug 05, 2021
Kentucky404:

Ehnn!!!

×If I am burned Nigeria has a very good and working judicial system× lipsrsealed undecided

it seems like am the only one that saw this message ooh. grin
/
You should have asked if by judicial system he means government court or traditional court.

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 1:43am On Aug 05, 2021
rotecch77:

I know it will work and I have some people with this design too,
So its possible to have two kitchens in a residential building like MAIN KITCHEN and SATELLITE KITCHEN 2 in 1 …..: you divide your food cooking systems into two.
But my take on it is that when we talk about typical NIGERIA kitchen where real local food will be prepare like EFo riro, Ofe Owerri. Edi nka ikon…. Real pounded yam …..FORGET about fully or partially open kitchen design it won’t work here YES I said so.
You can’t compare the way you cook Nigeria food here to the way you cook it in Florida, villa, Nebraska or Ottawa. Abii Iceland or Norway.
/
You are right.

Building designs should be tailored to the culture and environment of the location. Eg. Burglar-proofs are normal in Nigeria but weird in many other places just as people in other places do not surround their houses with prison walls and barbed wires.

With epileptic power supply in Nigeria, will you turn on your generator to provide good artificial ventilation and air circulation each time you are cooking and have visitors in the parlour?

/

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Oflaylay: 3:15am On Aug 05, 2021
any good welder around Mowe axis?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 4:33am On Aug 05, 2021
Sorry I am unable to advise you on water stand. It is the most bitter experience in my project . The family member I asked to do mine shopped the money. Had to give it to somebody else to finish it for me.
Good luck. Its going to be a very good house when you finish it.

Barrmary:

cc; n3xt
EgunMogaji2
Dijita
KolaShangOne
rotecch77
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 4:44am On Aug 05, 2021
My two cents to this discussion is that you need good amount of space to do open floor concept. Indian and south American food smell as much as ours. Also be sure you are on ground to supervise it yourself or have a 3D design of the inner building. My architect design open concept kitchen/dinning/living room . when they build the house they wall it off. When I asked them to break it open they just cut a window. I had to asked them to let it be. The concept is not yet well understood by most builder/engineer in Nigeria.

InvertedHammer:

/
You are right.

Building designs should be tailored to the culture and environment of the location. Eg. Burglar-proofs are normal in Nigeria but weird in many other places just as people in other places do not surround their houses with prison walls and barbed wires.

With epileptic power supply in Nigeria, will you turn on your generator to provide good artificial ventilation and air circulation each time you are cooking and have visitors in the parlour?

/

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:00am On Aug 05, 2021
Dijita:
My two cents to this discussion is that you need good amount of space to do open floor concept. Indian and south American food smell as much as ours. Also be sure you are on ground to supervise it yourself or have a 3D design of the inner building. My architect design open concept kitchen/dinning/living room . when they build the house they wall it off. When I asked them to break it open they just cut a window. I had to asked them to let it be. The concept is not yet well understood by most builder/engineer in Nigeria.

The bolded part though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:26am On Aug 05, 2021
Question

Patterned Rugs: Why are we no longer using it?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hagjay(m): 5:42am On Aug 05, 2021
Let me be your architect today

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ManyPlugs: 5:50am On Aug 05, 2021
Hi guys,

Check this out this App on https://www.sendbrief.com or "Sendbrief" from the Google play store.

SendBrief App is a cutting edge app that allows you post your pictures, videos, voice-notes and also create a profile which you can share with multiple potential clients using a simple link, you can use the link over and over again to share your products or services, the link contains all the videos ,images and voice-notes you made with the App, interesting right ? . Whether your hustle is selling clothes, you are an estate agent, you sell cars , whatever it you sell or hustle , Sendbrief app is the app of choice...really cool app, try it out.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:13am On Aug 05, 2021
Barrmary:

cc; n3xt
EgunMogaji2
Dijita
KolaShangOne
rotecch77

On this crucial structure I’ll defer to the pros. I used pipes but it will be coming down in the near future because I’ll be using a ground based Storex with a pressure pump.

Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 6:22am On Aug 05, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
inbox me with your questions on WhatsApp and what size do you want to buy?
And there many sizes and different made

Please why would I have to inbox you privately?

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:33am On Aug 05, 2021
Hatesin:

Please why would I have to inbox you privately?

An astute response cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bayo2018: 6:44am On Aug 05, 2021
Good day Bosses in the house
Please is this quotation fair for the woodwork of a two bedroom and one self contain (Main Building) and 4 self contain (renting )

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:56am On Aug 05, 2021
hagjay:
Let me be your architect today

Beautiful! Wish I had seen this earlier. I will keep an eye on your designs for next project,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:20am On Aug 05, 2021
High fencing and burglary bars in the USA wink

Recognizing my peeps in East LA and South Central cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:32am On Aug 05, 2021
Good morning oni Roofing sheet yi de ooo grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
High fencing and burglary bars in the USA wink

Recognizing my peeps in East LA and South Central cool

Crime-infested area.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2021
money121:
Good morning oni Roofing sheet yi de ooo grin grin

Ipolowo Oja ni Agunmu Owo.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:39am On Aug 05, 2021
Sprumbaba:

Crime-infested area.

Beverly Hills too? wink

Oya, shift the goalposts again cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sprumbaba: 7:44am On Aug 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Beverly Hills too? wink

Fair enough, but the homeless tents will reach there someday. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2357) (2358) (2359) (2360) (2361) (2362) (2363) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: oduncojamaica(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.