Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,501 members, 7,812,545 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2638) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4376410 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:47pm On Dec 09, 2021
somehow:

Like they use 2 different gates in one compound?
I don't have pictures but yes. Two or more gates in one compound. Two gates at the main entrance, other exit points will have gates.

Over here,we build to make a statement. The first gate will give you a peek into the compound but the other one will provide the needed privacy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:15pm On Dec 09, 2021
n3xt:

Yeah but the true measure of success is how much time we’re able to save whilst achieving top quality finish and not how much money.

Often times, we use our time to save more money instead of using our money to save more time. Then the project drags and inflation set in and eventually the project get stalled or abandoned.

If you compare the difference, the cost is really not that much but the time spent can’t be compared if it’s a large scale project.

Well said,sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:27pm On Dec 09, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/

Which installation comes first on a staircase for better aesthetic: Tiles or handrails?

cc: Spyder880, Egunmogaji2, n3xt

/

Either can be done and still get a good result. But tiles before handrails allows the beauty of a smooth tiling without making provisions for the handrails, then using cutters to make incisions later on at the exact spots our handrails fall into. This might present a neater finish.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2021
n3xt:

It’s cool but you have to handle the installation with care and it must be well planned. You also need to carefully chose the area to install it.

I won’t recommend this inside a residential building because it’s highly flammable and could shrink/melt under relatively high-temperature.

It’s cool if you’re using it for outdoor projects and under slabs in open areas.
Thanks sir, settled
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2021
michlins:
I don't have pictures but yes. Two or more gates in one compound. Two gates at the main entrance, other exit points will have gates.

Over here,we build to make a statement. The first gate will give you a peek into the compound but the other one will provide the needed privacy

Oppression galore.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:14pm On Dec 09, 2021
mufutau55:

You are right, I dont think Zaria will be same as those days. I have not been there since early '70s. Good old days. Cadbury was next to John Holt.
I love Zaria and I was really sad being posted back to Lagos... but as soon as I got back to Lagos, I checked out of the country... and I have been here since. Good old 50 years ago goes like yesterday.
God help us to bring our country back to life.

Hajji M.

The Elders reminiscing about the good old days.
cool what a beautiful moment to behold.

Have heard stories of how people bought land for just ₦250 Naira back then.

I really hope things would change Positively for our dear Nation.

Respect to all the Elders on this Thread.✓

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:47am On Dec 10, 2021
Monthly.

Not Hollywood or Beverly Hills o shocked

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:17am On Dec 10, 2021
somehow:

Oppression galore.
what's the essence of making money if your neighbors don't know about it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:49am On Dec 10, 2021
InvertedHammer:
/

Which installation comes first on a staircase for better aesthetic: Tiles or handrails?

cc: Spyder880, Egunmogaji2, n3xt

/

With proper tools, of which I’ve avail to my Tiler, I’ll prefer to have the handrails first. And it’s exactly what I did.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 4:59am On Dec 10, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

With proper tools, of which I’ve avail to my Tiler, I’ll prefer to have the handrails first. And it’s exactly what I did.

/

Thanks @ Baba Egun, n3xt, Spyder880 and Michlins.

I guess it comes down to available tools.

/

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 5:02am On Dec 10, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Monthly.

Not Hollywood or Beverly Hills o shocked
/

Upland is even an obscure city.

$2900 == N1.6 million. Then add utilities and bills.

$2900/month = $34,800/year == N19.1million / year in rent.

Orange County or Bay Area will be a no-go area for renters.

1 month rent in Southern California is more than 1 year rent (for equivalent number of rooms) in upscale part of PH.

Go figure!

/

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 5:33am On Dec 10, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

The Elders reminiscing about the good old days.
cool what a beautiful moment to behold.

Have heard stories of how people bought land for just ₦250 Naira back then.

I really hope things would change Positively for our dear Nation.

Respect to all the Elders on this Thread.✓

My uncle told my cousin this same thing, my cousin replied

"Daddy, how many plots did you buy then?" cheesy cheesy
The discussion ended there. Needless to say, but my uncle never mentioned this talk about the olden days again.

May our children never have reasons to ask us same question. Amen.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:00am On Dec 10, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:10am On Dec 10, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n9jaboy: 6:23am On Dec 10, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:38am On Dec 10, 2021
michlins:

Are you making money for your neighbours to know? When you say know about it, in what ways?

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:40am On Dec 10, 2021
spyder880:

The discussion ended there. Needless to say, but my uncle never mentioned this talk about the olden days again.

Meaning because land sold for ₦250 then doesn't mean it was affordable to all.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:06am On Dec 10, 2021
somehow:

Are you making money for your money to know about it? When you say know about it, in what ways?
people make money for different reasons.

"Agba ego nkịtị, ọ nà ezuzughari" is person name here

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:09am On Dec 10, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/

Upland is even an obscure city.

$2900 == N1.6 million. Then add utilities and bills.

$2900/month = $34,800/year == N19.1million / year in rent.

Orange County or Bay Area will be a no-go area for renters.

1 month rent in Southern California is more than 1 year rent (for equivalent number of rooms) in upscale part of PH.

Go figure!

/

In fact e choke me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:12am On Dec 10, 2021
michlins:
people make money for different reasons.

"Agba ego nkịtị, ọ nà ezuzughari" is person name here

Mindset
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GM008: 7:21am On Dec 10, 2021
Can anyone please recommend a reliable structural Engineer that can help assess a building in Shogunle (Back of Ikeja GRA) as soon as possible?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2021
GM008:
Can anyone please recommend a reliable structural Engineer that can help assess a building in Shogunle (Back of Ikeja GRA) as soon as possible?
aventure

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 7:25am On Dec 10, 2021
somehow:

Exactly Sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bayo2018: 7:30am On Dec 10, 2021
Good day Bosses in the house
Please kindly help you Boy oo
Kindly Help me to Check this quotation from this electrician.
And also I was told that after the wiring if he wanna do the final fittings I’ll still pay another money for workmanship
Though I’m planning to negotiate this to 50k ion know if the 50k is too high or too low self lols
How much range can I negotiate this to Bossun.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:31am On Dec 10, 2021
somehow:

the lands sold for ₦10ml today will be sold for ₦100ml in a decade or two.

₦10ml isn't affordable yet

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 7:33am On Dec 10, 2021
michlins:

Wrong assertion!
But then, different strokes for different folks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 7:35am On Dec 10, 2021
spyder880:

Ijigbijigbijigbi in baba ajascos voice.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:35am On Dec 10, 2021
bayo2018:
Good day Bosses in the house
Please kindly help you Boy oo
Kindly Help me to Check this quotation from this electrician.
And also I was told that after the wiring if he wanna do the final fittings I’ll still pay another money for workmanship
Though I’m planning to negotiate this to 50k ion know if the 50k is too high or too low self lols
How much range can I negotiate this to Bossun.

Materials are much and by the way is there no ac here? Can’t see any 4mm cable right there… and what type of cable is he quoting for!?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bayo2018: 7:54am On Dec 10, 2021
twinskenny:

Materials are much and by the way is there no ac here? Can’t see any 4mm cable right there… and what type of cable is he quoting for!?
He said Coleman brand sir
I’m thinking of cutix because I read here that it’s the best cable to use
And he said 2.5mm for the AC.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:19am On Dec 10, 2021
michlins:
the lands sold for ₦10ml today will be sold for ₦100ml in a decade or two.

₦10ml isn't affordable yet

Simple.

For those always using the price of old to tell the tales of how Nigeria has "spoilt" should not forget that when lands sold for ₦500, average earnings might not have been above ₦10 to ₦50.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:23am On Dec 10, 2021
bayo2018:

He said Coleman brand sir
I’m thinking of cutix because I read here that it’s the best cable to use
And he said 2.5mm for the AC.

If you are in East cutix is okay . 2.5mm cable for AC? IEE standard says 4mm. Below are the recommended cable sizes for appliance by IEE regulation

1.5mm is lighting lighting
2.5mm is for socket
4mm is for AC and water heater
6mm is for cooker

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2635) (2636) (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.