Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2640) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4376543 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 4:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Na only God go "safe" us from POP people and their mess grin

Oga Bolu na joke oo, no vex
lol grin cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:00pm On Dec 10, 2021
rmx:

You dint market this to me sha , why grin grin

Placed order for importation , but you never can tell

Sir, don't know you will buy light locally. This light is different from most of the china in the market. I have 2 of the 12W in my kitchen since 6years ago and It can withstand low voltage.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 5:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
somehow:

Meaning because land sold for ₦250 then doesn't mean it was affordable to all.
/

There was a time a brand new Peugeot car went for N2500.

N250 then is probably equivalent to N25 million today.

/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2021
Precast window hood design in progress

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:38pm On Dec 10, 2021
InvertedHammer:

/

There was a time a brand new Peugeot car went for N2500.

N250 then is probably equivalent to N25 million today.

/

Exactly. There is a piece of land (around 2 acres). that is in dispute among the same family members in my community. The land originally belonged to a man (their late grandfather ). It happened that around 1980 this man (lets assume he was about 60 years old then) used the land as collateral to obtain loan of about #1500. But he could not pay back the loan. Note that this man had 4 grown up sons of 3 different mothers (polygamic family). The sons were age 25 -40 years as at 1980 . The youngest son, lets call him MR Peter who was 25 years as at 1980 then decided on his own to settle their father's debt so that the land would remain and not be confisicated. This settlement happened in 1982. The other sons had said they did not have such money then. But everyone knew the oldest one had but did not want to bring out.
Fast forward to today, years after the old man died, they have been having issues on who now owns the land. These 4 sons now have children who are equally capable and willing to go all out to defend their father's interest. Land is worth over #100M now. It has never been developed, with thick bamboo plants covering most of it. The bamboo alone on the land as at today's value could worth over #1M.

The other 3 sons position is that MR Peter should sell all the bamboos on the land and reclaim his money as full compensation although they all know that the bamboo is worth over the #1500 he paid to settle their father debt.
Mr Peter has insisted that the land and everything in it now belongs to him alone and has gone to court. All he has is receipt for the #1500 he paid to settle their father's debt. His position is that if he did not settle the debt, the land would have been taken by credit collectors .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 6:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
topsy23:

Sir, don't know you will buy light locally. This light is different from most of the china in the market. I have 2 of the 12W in my kitchen since 6years ago and It can withstand low voltage.

Can’t import everything nah , buy stuffs locally too . Especially If I get good deals

Doing some calculations on the Ac , might buy locally

Also just concluded on pop boards locally thru an importer introduced by next

Must encourage local businesses too grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:21pm On Dec 10, 2021
rmx:

Can’t import everything nah , buy stuffs locally too . Especially If I get good deals

[b][/b]Must encourage local businesses too grin
thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:56pm On Dec 10, 2021
sonnie10:

Exactly. There is a piece of land (around 2 acres). that is in dispute among the same family members in my community. The land originally belonged to a man (their late grandfather ). It happened that around 1980 this man (lets assume he was about 60 years old then) used the land as collateral to obtain loan of about #1500. But he could not pay back the loan. Note that this man had 4 grown up sons of 3 different mothers (polygamic family). The sons were age 25 -40 years as at 1980 . The youngest son, lets call him MR Peter who was 25 years as at 1980 then decided on his own to settle their father's debt so that the land would remain and not be confisicated. This settlement happened in 1982. The other sons had said they did not have such money then. But everyone knew the oldest one had but did not want to bring out.
Fast forward to today, years after the old man died, they have been having issues on who now owns the land. These 4 sons now have children who are equally capable and willing to go all out to defend their father's interest. Land is worth over #100M now. It has never been developed, with thick bamboo plants covering most of it. The bamboo alone on the land as at today's value could worth over #1M.

The other 3 sons position is that MR Peter should sell all the bamboos on the land and reclaim his money as full compensation although they all know that the bamboo is worth over the #1500 he paid to settle their father debt.
Mr Peter has insisted that the land and everything in it now belongs to him alone and has gone to court. All he has is receipt for the #1500 he paid to settle their father's debt. His position is that if he did not settle the debt, the land would have been taken by credit collectors .
This is a very funny story about land
I inherited two plots of land at ogborhill Aba...it is funny to read hand-written receipts and two witness statements...lol... first plot sold for N500 nairaland 1976... landowner borrowed another N400 for another plot...infact my father bought atleast 10 plots through money borrowing or trade by bata...he ensured atleast two witness statements with each purchase....

I asked why he didn't buy more if he could...he was worried they will come back to reclaim ...well their children did in the late 90s.... grin grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:25pm On Dec 10, 2021
rmx:

Must encourage local businesses too grin

Ooh okay sir, are you going for media AC sir , Maybe you need to visit their office at Ojota in Lagos for good deal ..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2021
spyder880:

Bros, mud houses in 2021? grin

Anyway, we should think alternative methods of doing this, but when all we build is upstairs and multi dwelling units, it make it difficult to use alternatives because of the type of building involved.

For us to succeed with alternative building methods, our structural engineers and architects must start the process from the design stage of the building. The foundation all the way to the frame of the building must be planned to accommodate alternative building technologies.
i supervised 1 unit of 2 bedroom bungalow and 4 units of selfcons in lugbe, Abuja, things were going smoothly till the mid height of the structure the client opted for mud blocks, it was new to me, but it worked and we finished the building, up till now no cracks or whatsoever, of course you wouldn't notice because it was plastered along with the sandcrete blocks, for storey building it would work too, since blocks don't carry loads instead it acts as an enclosure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 8:51pm On Dec 10, 2021
Good evening house. Pls how much does plaster sand for this kind of tipper cost as of today in Lagos/Ogun environs
Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:59pm On Dec 10, 2021
Nice job, Engineer.

Aforxzy:
Our on going project. Almost completed.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HossanaHeights: 10:42pm On Dec 10, 2021
Well done. What's the labour cost in the production of one unit of window hood?
rotecch77:
Precast window hood design in progress
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 12:02am On Dec 11, 2021
JINKO ENERGY INVERTER & LITHIUM-ION ENERGY STORAGE SYSTEM PACKAGE! GET YOURS NOW!!!

Package 1:
Jinko 5kw pure sine wave power inverter & lithium ion 9.6kwh battery with cabinet ..... 4.7m

Package 2:
Jinko 10kw pure sine wave power inverter , battery system control module & lithium ion battery 12.5kwh with cabinet ... 8.2m

5 -10yrs Standard Warranty

For product datasheet , further enquiry & purchase;
Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL LINE: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sorosokewerey: 12:21am On Dec 11, 2021
I have a new shower cubicle for sale at a giveaway price of 60K

Location is Lagos

Note: it doesn’t come with the shower tray

WhatsApp: 08082598474

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 1:43am On Dec 11, 2021
dongc:

I inherited two plots of land at ogborhill Aba...it is funny to read hand-written receipts and two witness statements...lol... first plot sold for N500 nairaland 1976... landowner borrowed another N400 for another plot...infact my father bought atleast 10 plots through money borrowing or trade by bata...he ensured atleast two witness statements with each purchase....

I asked why he didn't buy more if he could...he was worried they will come back to reclaim ...well their children did in the late 90s.... grin grin grin
This is very interesting, the question is. Do they pay back at the value of 1976 or at value of 90s
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 1:50am On Dec 11, 2021
@QSFemi
Whatsapp number, please.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GM008: 2:48am On Dec 11, 2021
twinskenny:
aventure
Can you pls share his/her details?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:05am On Dec 11, 2021
GM008:

Can you pls share his/her details?

+234 802 314 2108

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:18am On Dec 11, 2021
twinskenny:

+234 8

I guess Oga Aventures requires no disclaimer grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 8:03am On Dec 11, 2021
More than 200 Commendations from fellow nairalanders on this trend....

REGISTER YOUR LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY WITH JUST A TOKEN... 65k with duration of 5 working days..

Whatsapp or call.... Mr Gbenga....
Zero, Seven, Zero, Three, Two, Seven, Two, Eight, Nine, Four, One.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:38am On Dec 11, 2021
dongc:

Your dad tried. Ogbor hill was the choicest area in Aba then. Hope you are also buying lands that your children will inherit?
I still remember our road trips from ikot ekpene through Aba we would stop over at intersoft drinks to buy some cool drinks. That spot had the best bread and roasted chicken ever. Then we would drive pass NTA towards the railway and head to Aba Owerri road.
That was when curtix just started producing electric cables. You would see their bill boards along the highway then.

Then whether you were resident in Aba or on transit, their tax collector were very mean. They would waylay any young man and bundle him to their office if he couldn’t provide his “Rate paper “
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:47am On Dec 11, 2021
HossanaHeights:
Well done. What's the labour cost in the production of one unit of window hood?

Price depends on the size of your windows
But small window is btw 1500-200 big widow btw 3000-4000

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:58am On Dec 11, 2021
dapotemi:

Rounding up on soakaway, moving to aluminium/door, then maybe plumbing, electrical.

i dont think plastering should come now, my opinion tho.

When you get to Plastering stage, we're available for your POP designs. (interior Project)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:39am On Dec 11, 2021

Thanks sir.

mufutau55:
@QSFemi
Whatsapp number, please.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adokwu1234(m): 10:49am On Dec 11, 2021
�FOR SALE�

A 3 bedroom ensuite
Living Room
Dining Area
Kitchen
A fish pond

Asking Price is 12m
Contact 08020389777 for inspection

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:49am On Dec 11, 2021
Gud morning here happy weekend , I salutes all my boss in the house ,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 11:57am On Dec 11, 2021
Gud morning here happy weekend , I salutes all my boss in the house ,
I just feeling updating our ongoing work to all my boss here thanks,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ibk2020: 11:58am On Dec 11, 2021
Pls who can explain how we can pre-install kitchen heat extractor ventilator pipe?

No videos on YouTube for this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:06pm On Dec 11, 2021
“If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.”
———-
Fact

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:10pm On Dec 11, 2021
somehow:

Meaning because land sold for ₦250 then doesn't mean it was affordable to all.

True Talk✓
It's a huge amount of money then....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2021
“Smart people learn from everything and everyone, average people from their experiences, stupid people already have all the answers.” –

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2637) (2638) (2639) (2640) (2641) (2642) (2643) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: OnMyHonor and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.