Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2896) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4378350 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 10:37pm On Mar 31, 2022
nwaorlu:

Appreciate your transparency
Thanks so much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 10:38pm On Mar 31, 2022
It been an adventurous day at the site.
3 Masons worked a combined 830 blocks @50/block and the labourers supplies 1079 @15/block. We have achieved 91% of all the block works on the first floor.

Setting out of boys quarters was done and excavation started immediately. Bungalow is in the original plan but l adviced my client to go for small upstairs as this will create more space in the compound, the bungalow will cover some part of the main building thereby concealing the design pillar which is the beautiful of the house and the cost difference is not really much. So, you can see the bungalow is almost lapping at the fence.

Reinforcement on the curved staircase was completed today. The iron bender work 3 days. The carpenter has worked 3 days with his helper already on the staircase and to complete the boarding of the risers tomorrow. It will be casted tomorrow all things being equal.

Today marked the 29th day this project started. Client came back two weeks after and will be going back on 2nd April. At the site today with his wife, he was very vocal on how impressed they were. Client was responsible for purchase of materials and the materials were utilised efficiently. We ran out of 9' block and work will be paused a little on block works especially the parlour wall but reinforcement of the lintels and casting will continue. He wanted to buy blocks but l advice like l will alway do for client to mould their blocks themselves. If all thing had been equal, we could have achieved the roofing by next week.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 3:37am On Apr 01, 2022
The testimony continues.... [/b]from the same client of our online fraudster builder.

[b]IT IS EVERYONE'S FAULT BUT MINE

"truth has no defense" #nonsense
#integrity
He is back looking for the next victim

BEWARE prospective home builders BEWARE

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 3:51am On Apr 01, 2022
twinskenny:
hehehe what's the argument?
Too many flimsy accusations but the crux of the matter is, the supervisor is requesting for a certain amount from the baba lati...cos he was the one that recommended him.
So baba said if I no change supervisor him no go work again..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abudu2000(m): 4:06am On Apr 01, 2022
n3xt:

Non-structural concrete works eg. Non-structural precast elements, blinding, concrete floors, pervious concrete etc

Being stone solid doesn’t mean that you won’t still get some powder within the bag. They can break and sieve to do precast works. It’s only the last layer that requires smooth finish.

That’s what we did in one of my last year project.

I also use them as sub-base material on my driveway but 70 bags is a lot.
this fraudster u are so subterranean and petty

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 5:15am On Apr 01, 2022
HAPPY NEW MONTH

Aluminum window with embedded burglary
and net or without burglary
We are available for you

Appreciate your patronage
Call or WhatsApp:-08069609983
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 7:23am On Apr 01, 2022
kalu61:

Reinforcement on the curved staircase was completed today. The iron bender work 3 days. The carpenter has worked 3 days with his helper already on the staircase and to complete the boarding of the risers tomorrow. It will be casted tomorrow all things being equal.

Good job Engr, do you have detailed drawing for the stair , what reinforcement and spacing was use.

This stair should be reinforced with 16mm due to Torsion and lot of internal stress ,.. if those rebar are 12mm kindly add 16mm in between them at a spacing of 175 lap length minimum of 800mm..

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:08am On Apr 01, 2022
Abudu2000:
this fraudster u are so subterranean and petty
He knows everything and has done everything na grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:20am On Apr 01, 2022
DrGoodman:
first it was the deliberat embezzlement of Ahanohai money which the poor guy paid you to build his house and so many stories
Next was the swallowing of Jaycondissair money in Port hacort while you chose to mess up his building and pocket the money he give you when case burst out
Next was a list of guys here falling victim to you as swindled them with ease and walked away with tens of million of naira
Qc1, babalose a list of other victims and you are boasting here that you still remain strong. you are strong now, but one day someone will be stronger than you and we go hear the story here. change your ways because crime does not pay. enjoy your christmas loot while your victims cry in pain and anguish. you are back to solicit for more victims next year. only fools will throw their money into the bush of brabus nx3t fraud scheme.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 8:20am On Apr 01, 2022
Good morning.
Happy new month FAM.
We are available for your roofing woods woodwork and woods for
Your linted,decking,casting etc all at shikini prices.
Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 8:23am On Apr 01, 2022
Happy New Month..we are still available for your Aluminium windows and other fabrications. Do enjoy the New Month

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 8:27am On Apr 01, 2022
3strikes:

Baba, I have been in your shoes. You are not the only one who think people deserves second chance. I do too. Am sure you know Bosun have had more than 7 chances to prove himself but obviously a leopard can't change its spots no matter what........

Do you know it was this same QC1 that said I should give my project to Bosun cos he felt he should have improved......but He proved us wrong again.

Am sure Bosun is currently communicating with you via chat and will be feeding you things that are not even close to the truth about his clients, He did that too with everyone of us to get our sympathy......He will come back here to post all the screenshots here very soon. pls quote me on this in few months.

I have so much respect for your personality here online. but common Baba! Bosun got more than 7 different clients here on Nairaland who are not happy with his work and feel ripped off but you are still here advocating for a second chance for him? Baba, Bosun will not get second chance here on Nairaland....Thats the fact and any one can take this to the bank. people like him don't belong here. he is a FRAUD!

I really don't know how you make your own money sir. But for me and others who work tirelessly inside unforgiving weather outside the shores of Nigeria can tell you it was never easy to gather this money. And you want one Quack and Arrogant Builder to be using our money for experiments? Baba you not try at all o. you no like us at all at all. undecided

FYI: See some of the screenshot below. I supported Bosun at one point before I gave him my project. I even went so hard on people who were accusing him back then including Euromillion.I was of the school of thought that we all make mistakes, learn from our mistake and then become a better person as a result of the lesson learned.. but he proved me very wrong again.

#sayNotoQuacks. #BOSUNBRABUSNEXTHOMEISAFRAUD.

Just so you know..The respect I once had for you here dropped from 100% to 82% within the last few days and am sure most people are feeling the same way too......#uberfact cry

good thing is that no love is lost yet.....#noHomo grin

3strikes!!!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:30am On Apr 01, 2022
Happy New month to everyone.we are in the second quarter of this year. May God help us all
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:39am On Apr 01, 2022
Happy new month from this side .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:55am On Apr 01, 2022
Have a beautiful weekend and a generous April

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DrGoodman: 9:21am On Apr 01, 2022
n3xt:

This is nairaland.

A company that’s planning to do a business of such scale should at least have a landing page if they can’t afford a website.

It’s what it is.

________

Nairaland may not have an ‘ignore or downvote” button like kobocity.com but I had one installed in my mind.

You're very stupid! Do you even have a mind? Wait, shame gree you come out and show you Shameless face here again? God will punish your life and the life of every person that rejoices in your crimes.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kingdemu: 9:32am On Apr 01, 2022
EgunMogaji2:

LG has a proprietary network called ThinQ. The app runs on a lot of their newer products. I have it on my TV. Basically it lets the devices communicate to each other. I can turn on my TV from my phone, the fridge can send me a message when temperature is low, door is left open, blah blah.
Wow. Me love technology. Thanks for explaining Sir

n3xt:

LG ThinQ as explained above.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:47am On Apr 01, 2022
Kingdemu:

Thanks

If you love technology, then you should like smart movable homes. Integrated buildings are the future of construction.

I’m looking forward to that day when we’d be able to move our house from Ijebu, Ogun state to Pankinshin in Jos grin
That time na only land use charge we go just dey pay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP3IW1SwrMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou6qUwfC0Zk

What if we can shift the gatehouse from the right to the far left without worries? What if a temporary loo can be built near the septic tank for that upcoming party?

Wishing everyone a Happy New Month!

#IntegratedArchitecture

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:48am On Apr 01, 2022
Amastermovic:

Good job Engr, do you have detailed drawing for the stair , what reinforcement and spacing was use.

This stair should be reinforced with 16mm due to Torsion and lot of internal stress ,.. if those rebar are 12mm kindly add 16mm in between them at a spacing of 175 lap length minimum of 800mm..

This is very good advice. I also thought the rebar work looks flimsy and should need more done to it. The spacing should be of best practice in my opinion. Minimal spacing in such situation could result to bouncing stairs or decking.

I'm not a structural engineer; not even close.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:01am On Apr 01, 2022
michlins:
Have a beautiful weekend and a generous April

Well done. Very good craftsmanship.

Please note that the method of displaying this gate with the wood behind is a serious health and safety (danger) issue to members of the public, especially children and to your customers as well. Look into this going forward with a view to securing your work space from wondering members of the public or kids running around.

You are not alone. Your profession by and large is guilty of this health and safety practice.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:10am On Apr 01, 2022
diordaves:

Please note that the method of displaying this gate with the wood behind is a serious health and safety (danger) issue to members of the public, especially children and to your customers as well. Look into this going forward with a view to securing your work space from wondering members of the public or kids running around.

You are not alone. Your profession by and large is guilty of this health and safety practice.
that was when I was still painting the gate. And I don't use wood to stand the gate. I use a very strong iron.

Below is how I sampled it for sale. There's a framed and welded structure upon which it rests

Thank you for your observation though

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 10:12am On Apr 01, 2022
diordaves:

I don't know if they do this overseas but there are so many booby traps in the Nigerian construction trade.

Thanks for pointing this out.

It speaks to your exposure to better working environment and practices.

I hope he takes heed and sets himself apart

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 10:13am On Apr 01, 2022
Happy new month May this month, be a month of glorifying God in a new way

VALUE PAINTS

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:19am On Apr 01, 2022
kalu61:
It been an adventurous day at the site.
3 Masons worked a combined 830 blocks @50/block and the labourers supplies 1079 @15/block. We have achieved 91% of all the block works on the first floor.

Setting out of boys quarters was done and excavation started immediately. Bungalow is in the original plan but l adviced my client to go for small upstairs as this will create more space in the compound, the bungalow will cover some part of the main building thereby concealing the design pillar which is the beautiful of the house and the cost difference is not really much. So, you can see the bungalow is almost lapping at the fence.

Today marked the 29th day this project started. Client came back two weeks after and will be going back on 2nd April. At the site today with his wife, he was very vocal on how impressed they were. Client was responsible for purchase of materials and the materials were utilised efficiently. We ran out of 9' block and work will be paused a little on block works especially the parlour wall but reinforcement of the lintels and casting will continue. He wanted to buy blocks but l advice like l will alway do for client to mould their blocks themselves. If all thing had been equal, we could have achieved the roofing by next week.

I can see that you farted in the general direction of setbacks. And this project is owned by an abrodian?

It is well.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kalu61(m): 10:28am On Apr 01, 2022
Amastermovic:

Thanks. I salute you for that that nice observation.

The staircase having no major support was reinforced with 16mm(tape in picture) on both sides of the staircase and anchored on the deck beam enclosed between 12mm rod running into the deck. The original plan had L shape staircase but had to convince client to go for this curved staircase and you know sometimes we want to be creative.

From the drawing and second picture below, the designer pillars wasn't part of the it but had to introduce it for artistic coloration on the parlour

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:28am On Apr 01, 2022
Kingdemu:

Thanks

It really works well. Your laundry machine will send a message to your TV that your load is now done, so you don't have to keep checking your wash. Turn off/on your AC from your phone, etc Just examples of the internet of things that LG and Samsung are leveraging. I wish HiSense will do similar.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DUNKA(m): 10:29am On Apr 01, 2022
n3xt:

If you love technology, then you should like smart movable homes. Integrated buildings are the future of construction.

I’m looking forward to that day when we’d be able to move our house from Ijebu, Ogun state to Pankinshin in Jos grin
That time na only land use charge we go just dey pay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP3IW1SwrMk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou6qUwfC0Zk

What if we can shift the gatehouse from the right to the far left without worries? What if a temporary loo can be built near the septic tank for that upcoming party?

Wishing everyone a Happy New Month!

#IntegratedArchitecture
To think I had seriously considered moving you to Jos grin. Meanwhile how far with the refund to somehow? Today is the 1st of April 2022.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:40am On Apr 01, 2022
How things have changed grin

When I was engaged in my own skirmish I was given a ban because "this is not why this thread was opened" allegation was levelled against me and I had to go and open this other thread https://www.nairaland.com/3148782/how-select-good-builder so yes the NairaLand leadership have been aware for almost a decade.

I also had suppliers reaching out to me to stop because they are not being paid because my thread is stopping them from getting paid. So I was being used as an excuse.

Old timers, did Mavverick get full payment eventually?

In this life, let's be good to each other. Make amends, surround yourself with positive energy.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 10:46am On Apr 01, 2022
Please who deals on chandeliers , I need a simple but classy drop light chandelier

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:50am On Apr 01, 2022
Opeyemi who did maverrick’s approval is still a staff of Lagos State Physical Planning Authority (currently serving at Oshodi)

How hard is it to level allegation of fraud against a known personality in the civil service? And mav live in Lekki County which is just 3 mins from Eti-Osa Town Planning Office.
If nothing, it would have been an opportunity to debunk Brabus’ lies.

The same guy did maverrick’s pop approval at Ologolo. No issue.

We know the truth. Those who are afraid of the truth will always come up with flimsy excuses.
“Nigeria is not working. Police is bad. Govt is useless. Judiciary is corrupt. Justice will be delayed...”

I know the narrative won’t fly because the perceived enemy definitely had to be wrong.

May I ask for the copy of new approval our paddy man did now?

_______

#IrrefutableFacts
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:57am On Apr 01, 2022
Jasobry:
Please who deals on chandeliers , I need a simple but classy drop light chandelier

Someone has been posting some scrumptiously delightful chandeliers lately. Maybe you can scroll backwards.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stopthecap: 11:27am On Apr 01, 2022
How to know the personality of our online fraudster builder?

He sits all day on the internet. He will rather sit in on the internet looking for the next "mugu" than supervise any imaginary project.

He would rather prove he is the master/god of construction than service his clients in real time ...

There are more testimonies coming... stay tuned

As usual...does it need saying? You were paid for a service.

Did you provide it or not?

or are ALL THE OVER 10 OF YOUR CLIENTS ON THIS FORUM ALL LYING?

EVERYBODY IS A LIAR EXCEPT OUR FRAUDSTER BUILDER
#HOLYHOLY

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2893) (2894) (2895) (2896) (2897) (2898) (2899) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: BIGGIE121(m), VanuatuWycombe and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.