Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,359 members, 7,836,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:20 AM

A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo (2169 Views)

Adamawa Fruit Seller Wears Suit For His Business. See His Touching Reason / Top Career Lessons From Cristiano Ronaldo's Career So Far / Accountant Susan Asakpa Who Drives A Cab In Abuja Tells Her Touching Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by marqueetim(m): 2:44pm On Aug 26, 2015
Moments after Real Madrid Football Club won their 10th UEFA Champions League trophy in 2014, the global audience and thousands of football fans at the Stadium of Light in Lisbon were taken by surprisewhen Cristiano Ronaldo abandoned the team's celebration and ran to a section of the stand to pull out a man from the crowd and hug him affectionately.The action was a public confession by Ronaldo to honour his childhoodclubmate who 'sacrificed himself’ and allowed the Portuguese star to become a global icon today.Ronaldo said in an interview he granted some years ago that he and hisfriend were vying for a spot in an academy of Andorinha in Funchal, Madeira.“I have to thank my old friend Albert Fantrau for my success. We played together for the same team in the U-18 championship. When a scout came to see us he said that “Whoever scores more goals will come into our academy.”“We won that match 3-0. I scored the first goal then Albert scored the second with a great header. But the third goal was impressive for all of us.Albert was one-on-one against the goalkeeper, he rounded the goalkeeper and I was running in front of him.“All he had to do was to score that goal but he passed it to me and I scored the third goal, so I got that spot and went to the academy.“After the match I went to him and asked him why? Albert said that “Because you (Ronaldo) are better than me.”Journalists then went to Albert’s house and asked him if it was a true story. He said yes.He also said that his career as a player after the match ended and now is unemployed.“But how did you build this house so great, you have a car? You seem like a rich man. You also able keep your family. From where did this come from? ‘Albert more proudly replied: “It is from Ronaldo!”This explains why Ronaldo had to single him out of the crowd to share in his celebration.Never forget the person who believed in you and gave you a helping hand in life.
Source:https://mbasic.facebook.com/story.php?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C5360892828
Cc lalasticlala ishilove

3 Shares

Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by FORUMgod: 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2015
h,mmm
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by GodnGold: 2:53pm On Aug 26, 2015
Interesting.I learnt from this.
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by adamshuaib(m): 3:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
Touching Indeed
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by dulux07(m): 3:09pm On Aug 26, 2015
Its always good 2b part of someone success story.
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by verygudbadguy(m): 3:13pm On Aug 26, 2015
Chai, dis is really touching...

Very nice of Ronaldo to keep him in mind alk these years.
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by marqueetim(m): 3:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
lalasticlala ishilove seun do the needful
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by Ademat7(m): 6:48pm On Aug 26, 2015
Wow this is touching
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by egopersonified(f): 7:32pm On Aug 26, 2015
The most priceless thing after achieving and/or exceeding your dreams is having someone stand by you - egopersonified 2015
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by Unibentested(m): 1:43am On Aug 27, 2015
Finally..this gives me a reason to like Ronaldo.

#Messi is still better, anytime, anyday..#

Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 27, 2015
I also read the story on Facebook. I follow Ben Carson.

Kudos to the man for his selfless act even at a young age..

Kudos to Ronaldo for not forgetting the person who helped him climb the success ladder because most times after we have made it, we forget those who helped us up......

However, I'm not really happy the man's football career ended that way....

Interesting read...
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by UjSizzle(f): 9:04am On Aug 27, 2015
Some story smiley
May we never forget the people who were instrumental to our success.
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by Nobody: 9:54am On Aug 27, 2015
Now, this is how a good, storied success should be told - The beneficiary voluntarily acknowledging the benefactor for the latter's selfless benevolence towards the former.
Not the benefactor publicly boasting he helped the beneficiary yet maintaining he isn't hooting his trumpet. OJB's comment about wizkid rings through.

Those who never really and selflessly helped one are the persons who are quick to claim credit for ones success and expects reward. Those who truly helped one from the goodness of their hearts don't and never expect reward in return.

2 Likes

Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by LegatusGlaber(m): 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
UjSizzle:
Some story smiley

Amen
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by mployer(m): 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
UjSizzle:
Some story smiley

Amen dear.

kiss kiss
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by Jamaticulus(m): 10:18pm On Aug 27, 2015
Kaai...If u try diz kain tin for naija, u don jonz!
Re: A Touching Story Shared By Ben Carson About Cristiano Ronaldo by bestest001(m): 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
CrazyMan 1forall Seun FP Please

(1) (Reply)

A Mathematical Equation That Shows That: 2 = 1 / Nigerian Defence Academy 62nd Regular Combatant Course. / Just Blasted My Ccna Exam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.