Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,698 members, 7,823,959 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:17 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82537 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 3:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
Good News: Batch 4 of Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 entered Nigeria yesterday.

Shipping starts on Tuesday.

Keep the order coming.

Thank you for choosing Kulimart.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 4:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
KuliMart:
Good News: Batch 4 of Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 entered Nigeria yesterday.

Shipping starts on Tuesday.

Keep the order coming.

Thank you for choosing Kulimart.

Keep which orders coming? The last time I checked u said you are not taking orders.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 4:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
funkdr:
please how do I apply another launcher as my default launcher?.

Settings.......Installed apps.......Click on the defaults button below the list.....Launcher......select the Launcher of your choice
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by funkdr(m): 5:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
aieromon:

Settings.......Installed apps.......Click on the defaults button below the list.....Launcher......select the Launcher of your choice
you too much, thanks again!.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Ismo06: 6:24am On Sep 20, 2015
I am shifting attention from this device to doogee f5. the phone specs nice no be small.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 7:17am On Sep 20, 2015
Ismo06:
I am shifting attention from this device to doogee f5. the phone specs nice no be small.

I hope you know that the device doesn't support two sim cards and a microSD.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 4:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
Ismo06:

OYO.

How can you buy Tecno when you know you can afford iPhone.

Don't be fooled by paper specifications.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Ismo06: 5:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Youngzedd:

OYO.

How do you mean
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Ismo06: 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
Are you for real?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Ismo06: 5:15pm On Sep 20, 2015
aieromon:

I hope you know that the device doesn't support two sim cards and a microSD.
Are you for real?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 5:24pm On Sep 20, 2015

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 7:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
Youngzedd:

OYO.

Does that also mean the Redmi Note 2 paper specs could be misleading?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
donhils:

Does that also mean the Redmi Note 2 paper specs could be misleading?
To be honest, so far only one time annoys me with the redmi note 2. Ram management is poor

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 7:49pm On Sep 20, 2015
idokojerry:

To be honest, so far only one time annoys me with the redmi note 2. Ram management is poor
Does the poor ram management affect phone's performance? Like experiencing lags, stutters ?
Have u upgraded to MIUI 7?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 7:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
donhils:

Does the poor ram management affect phone's performance? Like experiencing lags, stutters ?
Very smooth performance,no lag. Battery last 5hrs on a full charge( chatting, streaming, downloading, browsing). I use VPN for internet connectivity constantly
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by DavisBloom(m): 8:19pm On Sep 20, 2015
idokojerry:

Very smooth performance,no lag. Battery last 5hrs on a full charge( chatting, streaming, downloading, browsing). I use VPN for internet connectivity constantly
you using etisalat?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
idokojerry:

Well, if it doesn't affect performance then you shouldn't worry about the ram thing na. I also don't think 5hrs is such a great battery life. Are you on MIUI 6 or 7?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
donhils:

Well, if it doesn't affect performance then you shouldn't worry about the ram thing na. I also don't think 5hrs is such a great battery life. Are you on MIUI 6 or 7?
Miui 6.. There is constant light so no issue with charging.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2015
DavisBloom:

you using etisalat?
MTN and etisalat.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Royruky(m): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2015
aieromon:

How do I make Google Play my default App store
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by xzibukz(m): 10:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
aieromon:

Yes

pls advice,
I want to buy this phone, but all these updates update, mu6 mu7, of a thing is clear but I won't have time for updates & downloading it.
do u think I can use the phone without issues
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by DavisBloom(m): 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
idokojerry:

MTN and etisalat.
talking bout the psiphon
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 11:35pm On Sep 20, 2015
idokojerry:

Miui 6.. There is constant light so no issue with charging.
Constant charging is not good. I think it wears the battery cells down.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:28am On Sep 21, 2015
idokojerry:

There's a way MIUI manages RAM, it adjust automatically by itself depending on how many apps that is open. It will assign sufficient ram to app to avoid lagging. That's why it doesn't lag even when the available ram is slow.

#MIUI for life.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:32am On Sep 21, 2015
xzibukz:

pls advice,
I want to buy this phone, but all these updates update, mu6 mu7, of a thing is clear but I won't have time for updates & downloading it.
do u think I can use the phone without issues

Updating MIUI is very straight forward, just click a button and relax.

You will really fall in love with MIUI just like me smiley

MIUI 7 is new version of MIUI which is still on beta (Developers verison). Stable version will be released soon.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 6:45am On Sep 21, 2015
Royruky:

How do I make Google Play my default App store

If the device is rooted,you will need to freeze the MI store using Titanium backup.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 21, 2015
KuliMart:

There's a way MIUI manages RAM, it adjust automatically by itself depending on how many apps that is open. It will assign sufficient ram to app to avoid lagging. That's why it doesn't lag even when the available ram is slow.

#MIUI for life.
Constructive logic. Makes sense since my apps run smoothly with no lag
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 21, 2015
donhils:

Constant charging is not good. I think it wears the battery cells down.
The battery is removable, so can be changed.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 21, 2015
DavisBloom:

talking bout the psiphon
Yes.I run both since the etisalat is slow most times
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donhils: 9:28am On Sep 21, 2015
idokojerry:

The battery is removable, so can be changed.
Ever thought of how to do that? It's not as if their parts are everywhere. This is a China phone, imported from China so u'll have to import the battery too.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 21, 2015
donhils:

Ever thought of how to do that? It's not as if their parts are everywhere. This is a China phone, imported from China so u'll have to import the battery too.
Xiaomi is gradually transitioning into a global brand and with their planned foray into the African market,we shouldn't be worried. The question now is WHEN
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by TheTega(m): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
Using MIUI7 at the moment.. Very stable rom. Feel free to update your device as you won't regret it

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (36) (Reply)

List Of Phones That Will Not Support Whatsapp Anymore From 31st Dec 2016 / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls. / If You Have Used These Set Of Phones,please Go And Marry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.