Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,080 members, 7,811,021 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread - Phones (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread (82199 Views)

Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / April 12: The Day Of HTC 10 And Meizu Pro 6 / Gionee Splus Discussion Thread[HOT] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 25, 2015
debeo:

The update you downloaded is it the stock ROM or the multi language ROM from XIAOMI. EU?

I was initially on the stock ROM, released by MIUI.com n their forum and the battery was wacky and to many Chinese, as soon as aieromon posted the link for the multi language ROM, I changed mine ( thanks to glo, I d able to do it in 2 hours!)

After downloading the multi language ROM, the battery improved greatly

Secondly it is common knowledge that some people don't want to hear the word 'flash'

Well, FYI, I did didn't flash or root my phone to download the multi language ROM

I just used the updater app on the phone, by tapping the the dots above it (...), and choose the file I've already renamed as directed

For people who are sceptic, this phone is very great, especially it's speed

The in built browser ( baidu) is way faster than Uc Browser and opera combined. ( I have both browsers, but I don't use them now)

The picture quality is way better than its specs (better than Meizu's M2 note, which have same spec with it)

Is it the themes or the baidu music player, where you can easily stream and download western songs without going through the browser? By now I think I've listen to almost all the songs one direction would have sang as I continuously stream their songs,
The beauty of it is that you can see the lyrics and sing along with them. Who can beat that on a stock/in built music player?

I've been as astute Meizu fan apart from a few features ,(that are negligible) Redmi is great

I would recommend it for any one

Fyi, Google ' compare Redmi note 2 and Samsung Galaxy s5' and you would never advise any one to buy s5 again!

I don't have any issues flashing roms (Tested xiaomi.eu_multi_hermes_5.9.18_v7-5.0.zip) and I can say have flashed more roms than any average android user(Wasted about 4gb paid data already testing diff builds since i got on Xiaomi). Devices have used in the past one year and flashed with numerous roms ( Oneplus, s6, note 4 & Ascend mate 7).

I guess its because I have always used high-end phones and I had too much hopes on this cheap device. The battery barely last 7hrs in a day with all background sync disabled apart from google contacts and I never install or play games on my phone.

I do the same stuffs on my Lumia 640 xl (3000mah) and it takes me almost 24hrs. The 3,000mah on this device is equivalent to the 2,600mah on the samsung s6.

I can agree with you on
the camera,
super fast charging
Average screen quality compared to some other 1080p phones
Very fast and responsive generally
Headphones output is quite good
Speaker is very poor, especially the loudspeaker during calls

At this point it is good to wait for the next release on friday, I am already experimenting with my Lumia (wp 10 developer preview) can't be doing the same on android too grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 4:23am On Sep 25, 2015
Baroba:

No, the thinner the better..

Go for Xiaomi Redmi Note 2.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 6:02am On Sep 25, 2015
Here is the latest download link for Redmi multi language ROM released by Xiaomi.EU. The room version is 5.9.24

https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347822062
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by debeo: 6:10am On Sep 25, 2015
Below is the change log

CHANGELOG

[System]
New - Mi Note Pro updated to Android 5.1 (09-21)
Fix - Sometimes, internet was unaccessible with WiFi connection (09-17)
Fix - WiFi could not be switched to Mi WiFi repeater smoothly (09-17)

[Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar]
Fix - Sometimes, Mi Band icon disappeared from status bar (09-22)
Fix - Sometimes, there was no response after pressing lockscreen notifications (09-22)
Fix - Connection speed in status bar overlapped when using XXL text (09-22)

[Gallery]
Optimization - Reduced power consumption of cloud albums syncing process (09-18)

[Music]
Optimization - Increased the stability of new UI (09-22)
Removed all online content

[Recorder]
New - Added recording quality option in settings.Recording quality will show in recording and playing page (09-23)
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 6:30am On Sep 25, 2015
vosquare:
How far with xiaomi MI 4c?

That phone will not be less than 55k for 16GB version. Also it's snapdragon which you can't tweak the IMEI in case you want to use cheat.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by vosquare: 7:36am On Sep 25, 2015
Youngzedd:

That phone will not be less than 55k for 16GB version. Also it's snapdragon which you can't tweak the IMEI in case you want to use cheat.
I know I can't tweak d imei but when will it get to Nigeria?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 8:35am On Sep 25, 2015
vosquare:

Next month.

Note: No memory card slot.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by vosquare: 9:58am On Sep 25, 2015
KuliMart:

Next month.

Note: No memory card slot.
And d 32gb in built?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2015
vosquare:

And d 32gb in built?

2/16
3/32

All different price. We will announce the final price soon.

You can add us on BBM.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Youngzedd(m): 10:11am On Sep 25, 2015
vosquare:

Ask Kulimart.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by vosquare: 10:13am On Sep 25, 2015
KuliMart:

2/16
3/32

All different price. We will announce the final price soon.

You can add us on BBM.
Both does not have sd card?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 10:14am On Sep 25, 2015
i just got my xiaomi redmi note 2 from inizialise.
it is a very good phone
But the only problem i encounter is that there is no use ONLY 3g under preferred network type like the phone i was using before.
XIAOMI has prefer 3G.
This makes the phone display EDGE when I'm browsing.
Any solution to this?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by AndroBlaze: 10:32am On Sep 25, 2015
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 10:34am On Sep 25, 2015
vosquare:

Both does not have sd card?
Yes. No sd card.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 10:35am On Sep 25, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:

it is a very good phone
But the only problem i encounter is that there is no use ONLY 3g under preferred network type like the phone i was using before.
XIAOMI has prefer 3G.
This makes the phone display EDGE when I'm browsing.
Any solution to this?

Your location doesn't have 3G network. It's from your area.
There's a way to do this. If you're using miui 7 global developers rom, download mtk engineering.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Akerekoroabijawara(m): 10:42am On Sep 25, 2015
KuliMart:

Your location doesn't have 3G network. It's from your area.
There's a way to do this. If you're using miui 7 global developers rom, download mtk engineering.
Thanks. there is 3g in my location. Im using miui7 developers rom. please what is the next thing i already have mtk engineering on the phone
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by aieromon(m): 11:48am On Sep 25, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:
Thanks. there is 3g in my location. Im using miui7 developers rom. please what is the next thing i already have mtk engineering on the phone

Dial *#*#4636#*#* to enter the testing menu. Click on Phone Information and scroll down to the network option. Select what you want and exit. Note that it will revert back to status quo whenever you reboot the phone.

There is 3G network in your location but the signal appears to be very poor. You might experience high battery consumption if you force your device to lock down the 3G reception.

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 11:54am On Sep 25, 2015
Akerekoroabijawara:

Open mtk engineering > android settings > network selecting > WCDMA only.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by RobinHez(m): 12:25am On Sep 26, 2015
Baroba:
And i just wasted 40k on a motorola moto g 3rgd gen with only one gig ram, anyway na one of those things, please how big is this phone, i might just grab it for my Mrs, is it a large 5.5 device...
Please how did u get the moto g?
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 12:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
RobinHez:

Please how did u get the moto g?
You can get it through Amazon US,open an account with MYus.com a forwarding company,Amazon will ship to them,they'll ship to you through your preferred Courier Services,highly reliable..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Gabbyswit(f): 12:23pm On Sep 26, 2015
I want to buy this phone but not sure if i can use glo bis for this device..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 12:35pm On Sep 26, 2015
Gabbyswit:
I want to buy this phone but not sure if i can use glo bis for this device..

Sure, it's IMEI can be tweaked to use GLO bis

Meanwhile, has anyone actually flashed the latest Xiaomi MIUI 7 multilalanguae ROM of 24/9/2015 (5.9.24)?

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 12:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
semid4lyfe:

Meanwhile, has anyone actually flashed the latest Xiaomi MIUI 7 multilalanguae ROM of 24/9/2015 (5.9.24)?

Yes, Its much more smoother and battery improved.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by TheTega(m): 2:52pm On Sep 26, 2015
semid4lyfe:

Yes I have.. did that early this morning
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 3:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
Battery improved? , that's good!

Will download @ midnight and do the flashing tomorrow.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by RobinHez(m): 8:23pm On Sep 26, 2015
donbenie:
You can get it through Amazon US,open an account with MYus.com a forwarding company,Amazon will ship to them,they'll ship to you through your preferred Courier Services,highly reliable..

Good!

Er...pardon my ignorance.

Will I have anything to do with customs on d phone and is it gonna come by ship or plane?

*facepalmed*
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by donbenie(m): 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2015
RobinHez:

Good!

Er...pardon my ignorance.

Will I have anything to do with customs on d phone and is it gonna come by ship or plane?

*facepalmed*
I've used their services like 8 times had to pay duty once, chance of paying is like 10% due to random sampling by customs,you choose the Courier Services you prefer among UPS,DHL and FedEx and also whether express or economy shipping,all are shipped by air..
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by semid4lyfe(m): 2:42am On Sep 27, 2015
Just finished flashing the latest ROM, still exploring. .. . . .

grin grin
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by omoh9ja: 6:15am On Sep 27, 2015
Can I easily get iphone sim slot to buy@shops or repairers?pls it's urgent
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by KuliMart: 5:42am On Sep 28, 2015
Still in stock.

Comes with tempered glass and 3D fashion case.
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by DavisBloom(m): 1:23pm On Sep 28, 2015
kaydguru:

Yes, Its much more smoother and battery improved.
I flashed mine,but my battery is worse and it gets hot easily unlike 5.9.18
Dunno I'd am doing something wrong cos ds tym around I only wipe cache,didn't wipe data cos I don't wanna loose my stuffs
And please are you using mi recovery or twrp
Re: Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 28, 2015
DavisBloom:

I flashed mine,but my battery is worse and it gets hot easily unlike 5.9.18
Dunno I'd am doing something wrong cos ds tym around I only wipe cache,didn't wipe data cos I don't wanna loose my stuffs
And please are you using mi recovery or twrp

I wiped both cache and data.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (36) (Reply)

MTN Unveils New Call Tariff Plan: Xtrapro & Xtraspecial / Get 1gb For #100 On Mtn For Free / Airtel CUG Help - Technocrats Pls.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.