Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,278 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783963 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:06am On Nov 17, 2015
topejohnson72:
Slimmy05.... Hear this story, it happened to a Nigerian couples.
I read of a couples who have been married for about 10years, they both have 2 kids. At a point, they all applied for visiting US visa and they were all granted
However, they travelled, the wife travelled with her 2 kids, while the husband joined them later in the US about 1 month after the wife and kids went.
I now read that the 2 of them are adjusting their status, that they suddenly got divorced, the husband now married to a USC in Indianapolis, while the wife is remarried to another USC in Minnesota.
They were however granted temporary GC
I read this from a particular forum, can't really remember where I read it
Exactly, such a fishy fellow
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 7:57am On Nov 17, 2015
slimmy05:
Exactly, such a fishy fellow

I'm waiting for a response oga slimmy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 17, 2015
awe2015:

I'm waiting for a response oga slimmy
sorry bro, I really don't know about WES. Sirriddy is their PRO
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 8:40am On Nov 17, 2015
awe2015:
Hello house! I have sent my friend's documents to WES but I am yet to receive any response from WES! cry cry cry cry

what do you advice me to do?

slimmy05 please help me out bro!

CC: Sirriddy ...They have already updated the status to document received - review in progress, but how long will this take?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Oluwabengz(m): 9:12am On Nov 17, 2015
Hi fellaz, I wanna say kudos to everybody that has contributed meaningfully to this tread from day one, as I've been going through this tread since yesterday and I find it informative.

I am a Bsc holder and I would like u guyz to pls assist me with answers to the following questions;
1. Is there any school in the USA that gives admission to prospective masters student that doesn't have GRE/TOEFL/GMAT?
2. If the answer to the first question is positive, I would like to know such schools.

Thank u very much for your anticipated response. God bless y'all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chummygirl: 9:55am On Nov 17, 2015
@ slimmy,
How is ETSU freaking expensive? Pls shed more light becos that's one of the schools I want to apply. I need cheap and affordable universities for masters in accounting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 10:39am On Nov 17, 2015
All the other schools are cheap, and well based on the fact ETSU give TS, GA &Merit scholarships, it could fall into that category I guess?
slimmy05:
My school is freaking expensive, its the Merit scholarship, TS or GA that made it look cheap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:07am On Nov 17, 2015
Schools in US that offer good funding (Graduate Assistantships) for Computer Science MS:

2. Kansas State University
3. East Tennessee State University (Terminal MS program, so all GAs to the MS students)
4. University of Maryland College Park (Very competitive)
5. University of Central Arkansas (same as ETSU)

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2015
Awe2015 you should check your status online.
WES usually put the notifications on your account.
You can send them emails on their site asking them about
your application. For faster responses, spam them with enough grin
Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by segzymiano: 11:26am On Nov 17, 2015
Thanks for your response...
But I'm still having a problem. In my visa, my destination is Kansas but I want to go to Dallas. Please how can I do it. Should I go straight to Dallas and there won't be any questioning at the point of entry in Dallas because I'm supposed to be in Kansas. Please help me with this.

IIZER29:

Congrats man, I'm heading to dallas to start my masters in January. will probably be using the shortest route possible to get there. PM me when you can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 11:37am On Nov 17, 2015
Sirriddy,please can you help with that o Environmental science or Environmental management.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nad95: 12:13pm On Nov 17, 2015
Pls House, I am an adherent of this forum but haven't made any contribution to this elite forum.
I was asked by an EducationUSA official in Nigeria to send my waec result and school transcripts. What could this mean?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Styling: 12:57pm On Nov 17, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,
I need you guys help, i want to apply for my masters program (international business or human resource management) in the USA. I need good and low tuition fees universites in the USA.

Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 1:45pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nad95:
Pls House, I am an adherent of this forum but haven't made any contribution to this elite forum.
I was asked by an EducationUSA official in Nigeria to send my waec result and school transcripts. What could this mean?
Bro seems we are in the same shoe. Are u applying into Minnesota state University? I guess u were asked to bring them cos it will be required during registration with educationusa.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Oluwabengz(m): 2:46pm On Nov 17, 2015
Oluwabengz:
Hi fellaz, I wanna say kudos to everybody that has contributed meaningfully to this tread from day one, as I've been going through this tread since yesterday and I find it informative.
I am a Bsc holder and I would like u guyz to pls assist me with answers to the following questions;
1. Is there any school in the USA that gives admission to prospective masters student that doesn't have GRE/TOEFL/GMAT?
2. If the answer to the first question is positive, I would like to know such schools.
Oluwabengz:
still waiting for response from the house. Pls help guyz
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
topejohnson72:

If u are sure u passed your English language subject and without orijo, at least, at the level of O"level, u will realise that I am not actually travelling with my absconded wife and kids...... Read my texts very well and ensure u can read and understand English language well.
However, responsible people on this forum advices that I should travel before my visa expires and besides, myself and 2 of my friends are making is trip, or did I mention any kids/minor ?
Always read well and clearly before u make unreasonable judgement
Bros, you are a liar.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by topejohnson72: 3:08pm On Nov 17, 2015
slimmy05:
Bros, you are a liar.
Deal with it boss

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 3:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
Your family of 3 is the same thing as your friends or minors right?.Mr English teacher..
topejohnson72:
I told the VO I was going to Ohio when I went for my interview but unfortunately, I can't take a flight to Ohio because it will cost around 412k and I can get a flight to New York, JFK, for around 200k ( a difference of 212k) and then rake a taxi from JFK new York to Ohio which is my final destination. However, my family of 3 will be makin this trip, which means a huge difference of around 636k
Can we take the flight to JFK, then heads to Ohio by taxi ?
Won't we have issues at the POE ?
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akin3102(m): 3:42pm On Nov 17, 2015
Please stop making fool of yourself because bbdd knew you are a scam from the on set.You are not as smart as you think Bro..Next time..Learn to Say the truth..Wish you and your family well on this journey..
topejohnson72:

If u are sure u passed your English language subject and without orijo, at least, at the level of O"level, u will realise that I am not actually travelling with my absconded wife and kids...... Read my texts very well and ensure u can read and understand English language well.
However, responsible people on this forum advices that I should travel before my visa expires and besides, myself and 2 of my friends are making is trip, or did I mention any kids/minor ?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pennstate(m): 3:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
The same people you came here to seek vital information from are the once that you are now insulting. I join them to wish you well in your endeavour.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 4:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
akin3102:
Please stop making fool of yourself because bbdd knew you are a scam from the on set.You are not as smart as you think Bro..Next time..Learn to Say the truth..Wish you and your family well on this journey..

Bro..I was observing the guy from the day he said his wife ran to America with his kids and then there was another story about POE and how they'll turn him back. I knew his story was off.
It's a faceless forum so that's why he came here with lies and fake super stories. LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by IIZER29: 4:55pm On Nov 17, 2015
segzymiano:
Thanks for your response...
But I'm still having a problem. In my visa, my destination is Kansas but I want to go to Dallas. Please how can I do it. Should I go straight to Dallas and there won't be any questioning at the point of entry in Dallas because I'm supposed to be in Kansas. Please help me with this.

You could arrive at any port of entry you wish. In your case, Dallas. You just tell them you're visiting whoever in Dallas before heading to Kansas for studies. There would be no issues with that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by asadiaboymma: 4:59pm On Nov 17, 2015
hello everyone,

i need everybody's opinion, i have a GPA 3.21/4, but i want to still use wes just to see if my GPA will increase and give me a better chance in getting admission n funding as well.

can anybody give me an estimate of the GPA will become if i happen to evaluate it? is it uneccessary since the schools i intend applying do not require it

please endeavour to comment

TIA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nad95: 5:32pm On Nov 17, 2015
fizzile:
Bro seems we are in the same shoe. Are u applying into Minnesota state University? I guess u were asked to bring them cos it will be required during registration with educationusa.
i want to apply to minnesota state university and university of minnesota. What about you?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fizzile(m): 6:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
Nad95:

i want to apply to minnesota state university and university of minnesota. What about you?
Same here bro. I actually want to apply into Minnesota state University too. But they r askin us to register to EducationUsa. What are your plans?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chrisley024(m): 7:28pm On Nov 17, 2015
asadiaboymma:
hello everyone,

i need everybody's opinion, i have a GPA 3.21/4, but i want to still use wes just to see if my GPA will increase and give me a better chance in getting admission n funding as well.

can anybody give me an estimate of the GPA will become if i happen to evaluate it? is it uneccessary since the schools i intend applying do not require it

please endeavour to comment

TIA
evaluate what is already on a 4.0 scale?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Denvan: 8:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
topejohnson72:

Mr Man, u better get out of this thread b4 I lay a cause on you!!! Do you think everyone here is a fool

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.