Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,223 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783954 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by happney65: 9:23pm On Nov 17, 2015
Oga wey dey here..Abeg them don start again ohh.Some People needs to be flogged..I dont know if we be mumu for here nii..some people go just come dey give us Lamba wey no real..Abegi...Hiannnnn...Oshiko

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tjsolight1000: 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2015
HI everybody, i have been following this post for over 5months. God did it last week friday at USA embassy Abuja, initially the date was scheduled for thursday 12/ 11/ 2014 but due to system error, we were given a yellow paper to come the next day which was friday.
this is the interview summary
vo: pass yr document
me: i passed it to her
vo: why are you going to MNSU
me: i have access to resident tuition fee and i like the place where the school is located. also the cost of living is affordable
vo: what do you do for living
me: i am an assistant lecturer
vo: do you have your study leave with you
me: yes
vo: are you sure
me : yes
vo: how many years is your program
me: sorry, the VO wanna repeat the question, so i answered, 3 years
vo: who is your contact in the school
me: Patsy lueck
vo: what do you know about the school
me: i know patsy Lueck , he is the office manager of international student center, and Julie A, Carlson which is my present supervisor. i have been able to form rapour with them and they really helped me a lot by giving me adequate information regarding my admission process.

The wanted to pick the paper, i was thinking she wanna pick blue paper, she picked white paper and congratulate me.

the only thing i was able to observe is that, your fortune doesn't depend on how confident you are but its on how real you are.
pray as much as possible. It gonna help
i was not asked to show any document, not even TOEFL or IELT, . pls be determined and look straight to the VO's Eyes, it gonna help.

Pls, how many days does it normally take for visa to be ready for collection? will it be ready by now since i did the interview on friday?
wanna confirm before ill travel to abuja..
Thanks to the gurus in the house. one love

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 10:19pm On Nov 17, 2015
sirRiddy:
Awe2015 you should check your status online.
WES usually put the notifications on your account.
You can send them emails on their site asking them about
your application. For faster responses, spam them with enough grin
Goodluck.

Lol.. thanks! But i don't have their email
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by djmakson(m): 11:39pm On Nov 17, 2015
awe2015:

Lol.. thanks! But i don't have their email

You can reach them using the Contact us or help tab (Can't recall which one it is). There you'll find where you can leave you reference number and your message. Spam them as SirRiddy had suggested. It works. Goodluck to you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:44am On Nov 18, 2015
IIZER29:

You could arrive at any port of entry you wish. In your case, Dallas. You just tell them you're visiting whoever in Dallas before heading to Kansas for studies. There would be no issues with that.

This is terrible advice. If you are visiting Dallas then that is fine, tell them you are visiting Dallas. If you tell them you are "visiting whoever in Dallas" - which suggests you are making up a name of a person that doesn't exist - and they decide to call the person, you will be on a plane back home with a 5-year ban.

You should also note that you can't arrive more than 30 days before the start of your program on a F1 visa so... do you really think it makes sense that you are just going to hang out in Dallas when your school is in Kansas?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:01am On Nov 18, 2015
LagosNIV:

This is terrible advice. If you are visiting Dallas then that is fine, tell them you are visiting Dallas. If you tell them you are "visiting whoever in Dallas" - which suggests you are making up a name of a person that doesn't exist - and they decide to call the person, you will be on a plan back home with a 5-year ban.

You should also note that you can't arrive more than 30 days before the start of your program on a F1 visa so... do you really think it makes sense that you are just going to hang out in Dallas when your school is in Kansas?
Yeah, terrible indeed. He probably does not know the immigration guys are super intelligent.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:04am On Nov 18, 2015
Congratulations to guys that got their visas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akagson: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2015
I need to send my transcript by mail since the school does not allow scanned copies.
Please what is the best method of sending it, and what is the cost?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chrisley024(m): 8:23am On Nov 18, 2015
akagson:
I need to send my transcript by mail since the school does not allow scanned copies.
Please what is the best method of sending it, and what is the cost?
courier
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Habeeb521(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2015
can any one here recommend cheap University in the state for undergraduate, I have searched online but not specific one the cheaper onesv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 1:19pm On Nov 18, 2015
Check the schools I posted on page 105
Habeeb521:
can any one here recommend cheap University in the state for undergraduate, I have searched online but not specific one the cheaper onesv
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tunedhey: 1:31pm On Nov 18, 2015
Habeeb521:

This might help..
http://www.bestvalueschools.com/most-affordable-universities-america-2015
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by akagson: 1:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
chrisley024:
courier
What is the cost like?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by IIZER29: 1:41pm On Nov 18, 2015
LagosNIV:

This is terrible advice. If you are visiting Dallas then that is fine, tell them you are visiting Dallas. If you tell them you are "visiting whoever in Dallas" - which suggests you are making up a name of a person that doesn't exist - and they decide to call the person, you will be on a plane back home with a 5-year ban.

You should also note that you can't arrive more than 30 days before the start of your program on
a F1 visa so... do you really think it makes sense that you are just going to hang out in Dallas when your school is in Kansas?

Oh I only assumed he's going to see genuinely someone like a friend, cousin etc. I didnt mean he should say "whoever" nor never mentioned he should make up a name. If that is the case, DO NOT try it.

If he's genuinely seeing someone, Then it should be fine.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chrisley024(m): 2:07pm On Nov 18, 2015
akagson:

What is the cost like?
sorry I don't know you should ask around.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2015
Amother4life:

Your AOS application has a VERY high probability of being denied. You have already violated the terms of your F1 visa. Your school automatically notified ICE. After 9/11 all schools are required by law to inform the immigration authorities when a student no longer keeps to the terms of their F1 visa.

Amother4life:

When you enter the US, an immigration officer at the port of entry will issue you an I-94 card that indicates your non-immigrant status (F1) and your authorized stay. It is typically “Duration of Status” or “D/S” on a student’s I-94 card, meaning that you may remain in the U.S. as long as you are enrolled in the school to complete your academic program. After the program ends you will have 60 days to depart the U.S.
So, @Slimmy05 what legal basis does he have to remain in the Country? You think the immigration folks will not become suspicious that someone who is out of status and from a high fraud country happens to want to get married? You think the CBP officers who turned back his parents did not access his records and red flag his file?

Coming late but that doesn't matter. His application has high chance of approval if he can prove his marriage genuine. Once he file AOS, the case is AOS and no more what happened during F1.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:44pm On Nov 18, 2015
slimmy05:
You never ready do PhD

grin true talk.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
It's the season again!

@ IIZER29, phalanah, Help4rmabove, meeday007, Mohammed1320, ayzero007, segzymiano and tjsolight1000

Cheers guys!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by imperiouxx(m): 4:58pm On Nov 18, 2015
@ Zeezahbee,

I see why you're concerned about anatomy and physiology the day I told you I'm taking the course. The course tries hard to be smart but unfortunately, it got no deuce. I've shown it the kind of stuffs I'm made off. I will soon start with the Advanced classes in A&P.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Deyung007: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
please how do i reapply for my student visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 18, 2015
hello all , I have applied to a number of schools and I also want to apply to Concordia university.
please who knows Concordia university Chicago ?
I am a graduate applicant to that school, please I want to know
more as per scholarships , living expenses, rent, food,
transportation, on campus jobs, safety etc thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by TemmieDeal: 6:25pm On Nov 18, 2015
hello people, please i got a situation here and i need your advise asap.

I graduated from OAU 2012, served 2014. I just got admission into university of Bridgeport Connecticut for a graduate degree to resume spring 2016. My admission letter just landed today, but i actually have mixed feelings about it. I do not have any international exam result, all i have is my transcript and my certificate( loBATan) even doe my father is sponsoring me all the way. My fear now is going for the interview, which is fixed for next month.

Really don'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE HELP
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by pennstate(m): 6:51pm On Nov 18, 2015
cool cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 7:04pm On Nov 18, 2015
labrinthy:
hello house, pls can anyone suggest banks that sells PTA presently..made enquiry at GTB but was told that it has been suspended...

Sterling bank sells, its less than 200naira per dollar
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 7:13pm On Nov 18, 2015
Adekita123:
Hi all.
Please is there anyone here who has bought PTA from any bank recently? cuz all the banks I visited say they no longer sell

Go to sterling bank, its less than 200naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2015
segzymiano:
Hello to all Nairalanders, writing under this post was not my aim but don't know how to write an indepedent note out here. This forun as been of good help to many people including me though I have been a observer and not been contributing until now.
I went for my interview November 13 which was yesterday 6:30am and it was granted with ease. I can't remember all questions as at now coz I was nervous when It was almost one person to get to my turn coz I was number 8 on the line and the no.1 person was granted and after that it was the next person to me that was granted.
I made sure I observed every things I learnt on this forum which are:
No fidgeting
Look straight to the VO's eyes
Answer questions straight etc
The only question that I taught would av denied me of the visa I think was the more reason why I was given and the questiin was:
Why did the school waive English as in all sort of English test for me.

My answer was: I'm not sure but I think its because I'm proficient in English and English is my secondaey language.

He answered thus: I'm also proficient in English
I answered: with a sigh (looking at his eyes meaning he's a white man I don't expect him to av any test of English, that was in my thought)
He asked again: do you av any document showing they waived it?
I answered: looking at my document infront of me saying Now
VO: he brought out a white pap iner and circle where to pick my visa.

Thanks to God and the nairaland colleagues who made this possible and easy for me. Keep the good work going... I'll be coming back to ask where to get a cheap clight to Texas Dallas by December.

Wow, happy for you. Congrats. I tap the anointing

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by AsiwajuAfo001(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Boss, I'm awesome. Winter is coming, but it's already getting cold. Ohio's cold is something else.

Bros, are you in Ohio?

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.