Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (106) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (783902 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 6:58am On Nov 16, 2015
slimmy05:
Are you above 18? tongue
Bro I will clock 18 by Dec jor. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 7:00am On Nov 16, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Not everyone is asked to present bank statement. Bank statement is a supporting document not a compulsory document. But it's advised to go with it. My last interview I wasn't asked to present anything. Just follow what the gurus tell you to do, and don't forget to commit everything to Baba God.
Bro longest time, how that angle na. Hope winter is treating you well.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 7:03am On Nov 16, 2015
tipssy1:

VO: why are u going to usa? To study
VO: what course? A Pre-Degree in Business Administration, Marketing as stated in ur i20
Lol.... I no fit laf
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by kennyrony(m): 7:07am On Nov 16, 2015
badoli:
@ slimmy thanks bro!!!!! Can i say for my bachelor degree program in business, management, marketing becos dis hw it's written in my 1-20 as major
Tell the VO what's written on your I-20. VO won't ask for your admission letter.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 16, 2015
kennyrony:

Bro longest time, how that angle na. Hope winter is treating you well.

Boss, I'm awesome. Winter is coming, but it's already getting cold. Ohio's cold is something else.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Tay16(f): 9:42am On Nov 16, 2015
Some Affordable Universities in USA that offer an MBA ($16,000 - $25,000)

1. Southern Arkansas University
2. Colorado Technical University
3. SUNY University (Buffalo)
4. Arizona State University

please do further research on the schools websites for yourself. This includes admission process, tuition fees, living expenses, other academic programs etc.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by topejohnson72: 12:08pm On Nov 16, 2015
I told the VO I was going to Ohio when I went for my interview but unfortunately, I can't take a flight to Ohio because it will cost around 412k and I can get a flight to New York, JFK, for around 200k ( a difference of 212k) and then rake a taxi from JFK new York to Ohio which is my final destination. However, my family of 3 will be makin this trip, which means a huge difference of around 636k
Can we take the flight to JFK, then heads to Ohio by taxi ?
Won't we have issues at the POE ?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by awe2015(f): 12:50pm On Nov 16, 2015
Hello house! I have sent my friend's documents to WES but I am yet to receive any response from WES! cry cry cry cry

what do you advice me to do?

slimmy05 please help me out bro!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Richmond996: 1:35pm On Nov 16, 2015
moyo4great:
pls help, my result was sent to wes by waec 4 evaluation, now wes is notifying me waiting for verification from institution, was told waec will b d one to verify d document which I don't know how I will contact them 4 d fast response, Any help plsssszz

You just have to wait it out. Thats why its good to do all the evaluation stuff long before the admission processing so you wont be in a hurry, It took me 3 months for waec to reply wes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by coobboy(m): 3:34pm On Nov 16, 2015
topejohnson72:
I told the VO I was going to Ohio when I went for my interview but unfortunately, I can't take a flight to Ohio because it will cost around 412k and I can get a flight to New York, JFK, for around 200k ( a difference of 212k) and then rake a taxi from JFK new York to Ohio which is my final destination. However, my family of 3 will be makin this trip, which means a huge difference of around 636k
Thanks
Yes you can, and No you wont
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by keni: 5:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
Tay16:
Some Affordable Universities in USA that offer an MBA ($6,000 - $25,000)
please do further research on the schools websites for yourself. This includes admission process, tuition fees, living expenses, other academic programs etc.

Sorry bros I have checked which one is 6k amongst them thats the one gan gan am looking for but I cant find it there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by biikeys(m): 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2015
topejohnson72:
Thanks

You mean by bus? Greyhound? It will probably take you at least 12 hours depending on what part of Ohio you're going to.
If you choose to go ahead with that, get a proof of reservation or payment before flying in case questions come up at the POE.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by HOTWATER(m): 7:21pm On Nov 16, 2015
IIZER29:

Congrats man, I'm heading to dallas to start my masters in January. will probably be using the shortest route possible to get there. PM me when you can

Which school are you coming to in Dallas ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by HOTWATER(m): 7:25pm On Nov 16, 2015
Tay16:
Some Affordable Universities in USA that offer an MBA ($6,000 - $25,000)

Include UNIVERSITY OF NORTH ALABAMA too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by HOTWATER(m): 7:26pm On Nov 16, 2015
keni:

Sorry bros I have checked which one is 6k amongst them thats the one gan gan am looking for but I cant find it there?

check UNA -- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH ALABAMA

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by topejohnson72: 7:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
biikeys:

You mean by bus? Greyhound? It will probably take you at least 12 hours depending on what part of Ohio you're going to.
If you choose to go ahead with that, get a proof of reservation or payment before flying in case questions come up at the POE.
Our final destination is Dayton, Ohio, and we r 3 in number going on this trip
New York to Dayton by car is around 10 hours, and even a domestic/local flight per person from jfk to Dayton is around $150 which is around 33k,
See below:
Lagos to dayton (straight flight) around 400-420k
Lagos to JFK, new York is around 200k, I even got 189k on ethiad airline
The above is a diffrence of about 212k per head, and 3 of us are going on the trip, making a difference of around 636k......this is quite significant
My thinking..... If we get the ethihad plane to JFK new your for 189k each, and when we arrive JFK, we can get a taxi that will convey all of us to Dayton, Ohio......I don't think we can spend up to 1000$ on the taxi.
Even, a domestic flight from JFK to Dayton is around 150$
Pls advice
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 8:42pm On Nov 16, 2015
slimmy05:
thanks for this info. I've been looking for how to get some stuffs shipped to Nigeria. Nipost ripped me off after spending $73 on 2lbs package and still paid 22k for collection.

That 22k is a scam organised by Nipost official here in Nigeria and it's not documented..

Most times they will lie and say it's for custom and their eyes no dey like to see say dem send item from USA to Nigeria
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
Walspring:

That 22k is a scam organised by Nipost official here in Nigeria and it's not documented..

Most times they will lie and say it's for custom and their eyes no dey like to see say dem send item from USA to Nigeria
I know nipost people are thieves and they will never change.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 16, 2015
topejohnson72:

Our final destination is Dayton, Ohio, and we r 3 in number going on this trip
New York to Dayton by car is around 10 hours, and even a domestic/local flight per person from jfk to Dayton is around $150 which is around 33k,
See below:
Lagos to dayton (straight flight) around 400-420k
Lagos to JFK, new York is around 200k, I even got 189k on ethiad airline
The above is a diffrence of about 212k per head, and 3 of us are going on the trip, making a difference of around 636k......this is quite significant
My thinking..... If we get the ethihad plane to JFK new your for 189k each, and when we arrive JFK, we can get a taxi that will convey all of us to Dayton, Ohio......I don't think we can spend up to 1000$ on the taxi.
Even, a domestic flight from JFK to Dayton is around 150$
Pls advice
They already told you to book your local flight atleast for the next day or night flight if you have someone to pick you at the airport or do you have another motive you're not sharing? I school in Tennessee and booked Qatar flight to Chicago, and also AA flight to Tennessee, but my local flight was for the next day. If you want to stay in new york, my brother go and stay in new york, its christmas those guys are not that mean.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by topejohnson72: 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
slimmy05:
They already told you to book your local flight atleast for the next day or night flight if you have someone to pick you at the airport or do you have another motive you're not sharing? I school in Tennessee and booked Qatar flight to Chicago, and also AA flight to Tennessee, but my local flight was for the next day. If you want to stay in new york, my brother go and stay in new york, its christmas those guys are not that mean.
My only intention is to save cost
And secondly, I want to know how easy it will be to get a local flight from JFK to Dayton.
That's all bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 16, 2015
topejohnson72:

My only intention is to save cost
And secondly, I want to know how easy it will be to get a local flight from JFK to Dayton.
That's all bro
Its as easy as booking for your flight online. Chikena. This should not flood the thread. Simply book your connecting flight to Ohio
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by ablejay: 11:23pm On Nov 16, 2015
pls I've written GRE n TOEFL but really don't know which schools that offer funding for masters in Agricultural Engineering or mechanical Engineering
pls I really need to apply to the right school.
help pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 12:54am On Nov 17, 2015
For all those intending to apply to Occupational Health & Safety management or Health Information, Health care management program MS, Good & Affordable Schools:
1) Indiana State Uni
2) University of Central Missouri
3) Texas State University
4) California State Uni, Los Angeles
5) ETSU

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Mekurexx: 12:55am On Nov 17, 2015
Check Arizona State Uni, West Texas A&M Uni, Texas State Uni...
ablejay:
pls I've written GRE n TOEFL but really don't know which schools that offer funding for masters in Agricultural Engineering or mechanical Engineering
pls I really need to apply to the right school.
help pls

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 3:14am On Nov 17, 2015
Mekurexx:
For all those intending to apply to Occupational Health & Safety management or Health Information, Health care management program MS, Good & Affordable Schools:
1) Indiana State Uni
2) University of Central Missouri
3) Texas State University
4) California State Uni, Los Angeles
5) ETSU
My school is freaking expensive, its the Merit scholarship, TS or GA that made it look cheap
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 6:13am On Nov 17, 2015
topejohnson72:
I told the VO I was going to Ohio when I went for my interview but unfortunately, I can't take a flight to Ohio because it will cost around 412k and I can get a flight to New York, JFK, for around 200k ( a difference of 212k) and then rake a taxi from JFK new York to Ohio which is my final destination. However, my family of 3 will be makin this trip , which means a huge difference of around 636k
Thanks

@bolded
Wait. Last two weeks you came here to tell us that your wife ran to the US and doesn't intend to come back with your kids and you're so worried you'll never see your family again.

Fast forward two weeks later your'e traveling with your family of 3?

Bros
Na wa ooo oooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 17, 2015
bbdd:

@bolded
Wait. Last two weeks you came here to tell us that your wife ran to the US and doesn't intend to come back with your kids and you're so worried you'll never see your family again.

Fast forward two weeks later your'e traveling with your family of 3?

Bros
Na wa ooo oooo
shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 6:15am On Nov 17, 2015
For reference this was his previous post

Travel / Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by [b] topejohnson72 : 12:56pm On Oct 27
Greetings to u all
I have been following this forum for a while but decided to ask for an advice from u all
1 am a 32 years old Businessman, and I own my own company here in Lagos. I am married and a child who is just 3 years old.
My wife and kid got a US visit visa about 6 months ago and they used it to travel and up till now, my wife and kid have not returned back to Nigeria. She told me she will not return back to Nigeria that she is adjusting her status, and that it could take her 5 years to do that as I don't understand what that means.
However, I have a valid visa too, B2, which will expire next month, but I hardly have time to travel, as I don't want to leave my company. Since my wife said I should come over to her in the US to see her if I desire to see my little son, won't I be faced with some questions at the POE, and don't u think I can be sent back to Nigeria at the POE due to the sins of my wife and kid overstaying in the US. And also, what does Adjustment of Status that my wife said means?[/b]

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 6:18am On Nov 17, 2015
slimmy05:
shocked

We continue to see wonders on nairaland my brother.
People changing their entire life stories in 2 weeks. KAI

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 17, 2015
bbdd:

We continue to see wonders on nairaland my brother.
People changing their entire life stories in 2 weeks. KAI
That guy is trying to play pranks. Imagine he's trying to use different stories of his crooked life. I don't know why people have to lie.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bbdd: 6:23am On Nov 17, 2015
slimmy05:
That guy is trying to play pranks. Imagine he's trying to use different stories of his crooked life. I don't know why people have to lie.

And people were genuinely concerned for him and his family. What a sad fellow!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:04am On Nov 17, 2015
bbdd:

And people were genuinely concerned for him and his family. What a sad fellow!
To his lame mind, he's gathered people to to deceive.

(1) (2) (3) ... (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria... / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.