Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,331 members, 7,836,400 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:09 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (787066 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 4:10pm On Dec 13, 2015
jah101:

Hello bro,I dont think i have ever been attached for any group visa before atall either family or company....So i am not sure where that problem is coming from,But i will contact them as you have said to find out what going on,also if you have the embassy number pls kindly give it to me but i will be calling from outside nigeria as i am currently still in Saint lucia.

Call the two numbers below;
014603400 and 014603600

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 4:11pm On Dec 13, 2015
wiseman2392:
@Slimmy05, Bigfrancis and Walspring. I sent you guys PM, kindly reply me. You are all great and I'm still using this chance to say HBD, LLNP to Slimmy05. Hope to read from u soonest. Thanks.

Pm already replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 4:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
STENON:
Amen, Thanks be to God.

How have you been?

Doing great and I give thanks to God..

Hope you are good
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 4:16pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ewilliam2015:
Hello gurus in the house...pls I want to apply for America student visa for undergraduate...I would like to study business administration...I have my weac result which I got 6yrs ago Becuz I finished secondary school 6rys ago...I'm 23yrs old and I have been refused UK visiting visa twice this year...so I need ur advise and how to go about the US student visa and what are my chances of getting it and also what document do I need ? And is it possible for me not to write the Sat exams? Pls I need a response ASAP

You need to read from part 1 till date and learn via your reading...

Yes it possible to write SAT for February or March next year, also you need to cover up the 6 years gap incase the VO ask you what have you been doing for the past 6 years.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 13, 2015
slimmy05:
Oja, we need to talk urgently through email. Just send me an email asap.. THanks
Okay bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 5:15pm On Dec 13, 2015
Gurus in the house please I need your opinion on this question but before that, I was denied because I couldn't give enough reason for choosing my school(Murray state University). Now the question is

Q- What is different from your case right now from before?

Please how do I answer this, because I think it has to be related to my reason for Denial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by jah101: 5:17pm On Dec 13, 2015
Walspring:

Call the two numbers below;
014603400 and 014603600

Thanks alot Bro ......Appreciate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 5:20pm On Dec 13, 2015
jah101:

Thanks alot Bro ......Appreciate.

Let's give the thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ewilliam2015: 5:31pm On Dec 13, 2015
How do I cover for the 6yrs gap?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Ewilliam2015: 5:35pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ewilliam2015:
Ewilliam2015:
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Walspring: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2015
Ewilliam2015:

What have you been doing for the past 6 years because you should know that..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OlayemiOniroyin(m): 6:12pm On Dec 13, 2015
Walspring:

If you haven't submit then you have 30 days grace to check I.e if you fill the form and you havent submit then you can retrieve it back if it's not above 30 days

But if you have submitted, am sorry you can't view the whole form but only your confirmation page

Please, can someone go for visa interview with Scanned copy of I-20 form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by OlayemiOniroyin(m): 6:19pm On Dec 13, 2015
Please, can someone go to the embassy for interview with the scanned copy of the I-20 form?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 7:01pm On Dec 13, 2015
@slimmy05,happy birthday sir.live long and prosper!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by fregkay: 7:04pm On Dec 13, 2015
In my opinion,I think you should say that you have made more extensive research about the school and the course you intend to study.
Daniel3366:
Gurus in the house please I need your opinion on this question but before that, I was denied because I couldn't give enough reason for choosing my school(Murray state University). Now the question is

Please how do I answer this, because I think it has to be related to my reason for Denial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 13, 2015
Thanks all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 13, 2015
OlayemiOniroyin:
Please, can someone go to the embassy for interview with the scanned copy of the I-20 form?
No, automatic denial
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Dec 13, 2015
Slimmy baba, happy birthday! Be renewed and re-invigorated!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2015
fregkay:
In my opinion,I think you should say that you have made more extensive research about the school and the course you intend to study.
Thanks for that broda
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2015

* Please does anyone have any other contribution on this, because I want to be on the safe side abeg.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cosxzbay: 7:51pm On Dec 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by cosxzbay: 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2015
baodium:
VISA INTERVIEW
My F1 visa was approved yesterday (11/12/2015) at the Lagos embassy cheesy

MY EXPERIENCE
I got to the US embassy around 6:15am and to my utter dismay I met quite a number of people on the queue angry . I proceeded to where I did my first security check. While I was being checked, my international passport mistakenly fell on the ground and one of the "Oyinbo" guy looked at me and said "Your visa will be denied" . I was shocked! I just locked up. Fast forward to the biometric center. I gave the woman my i20, sevis fee, passport (international and photograph). The woman looked at me and said " Your i20 is not complete". I tried to respond and she said something like "you want to teach me my job, you are likely to have a problem with the consular officer" cry . At this point, my confidence is almost close to zilch embarassed . I quickly verified with other F1 applicants and I realized that my i20 is actually complete and the supposed missing part is at the back of my i20. undecided

I think all F1 applicants were interviewed by the lady in window 8. After a short while, I concluded that the lady has been programmed to say " Unfortunately, you are not qualified for the US Visa shocked ". She just dey dash out denials like "mama Christmas " grin . But I think the process is fair.

INTERVIEW
Me: Good morning, how are you doing?
VO: Good morning, so you are going to university of Arkansas at Little Rock
Me: Yes
VO: oh, you are going for a doctorate, what is your research interests?
Me: My primary research interests is in the area of computational medicine and bio-informatics. I am looking at how ICT tools can be used to enhance healthcare delivery in developing countries like Nigeria. I sha talk a lot of rubbish and yes I told her that I worked with the Health Informatics research lab during my NYSC and I was involved in the development of an healthcare solution, I elicited requirements from medical practitioners, modelled the system using UML and developed it using Java. I finished by saying something like " I believe integrating my knowledge with this degree will help me tackle some of the challenges facing healthcare delivery in Nigeria. (You see, I talk a lot of rubbish - me self know )
VO: so what are the challenges facing healthcare delivery in Nigeria using ICT tools
Me (I no expect am): well, I think electricity because erratic power supply will hinder medical practitioners from using healthcare solution. Also, unstable internet because the medical practitioners wont have a timely access in retrieving patients information.
VO: Who will be sponsoring you?
Me: my dad
VO: what does he do?
Me: I told her what he is into and before I could even finish, she said "Your visa has been approved"
Me: thank you
VO: you are welcome, have a nice day

APPRECIATION
Thanks to @sirRiddy grin and everyone that has contributed on this thread, you have helped so many people without knowing. God bless you! smiley

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Well, I didn't fast (I like chow lipsrsealed ) neither did I pray undecided(maybe my mama prayer fit dey do the background job sha). I even had fun before the interview wink (you don't need to know the details, you too like aproko). I really think what the VO is looking for is "purposefulness". At least you should be able to articulate why studying in the US is the best thing for you. I think one lady was denied because when the VO asked her why she chose the school, she responded with "That's the only school that gave me an admission or stuffs like that". Another was talking about groundnut oil and so on shocked (she sounded desperate to me - think she is going for MS in food science).

In sum, be confident.

Congratulations! But seriously are you going for PhD without funding...a lot of schools will likely give full or partial funding. Anyways, it depends on your pocket.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by tanzii: 10:06pm On Dec 13, 2015
Any body going to Oklahoma in the spring? We could hook up and share ideas
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Denvan: 10:34pm On Dec 13, 2015
Happy bday Slimmy. Wishing the very best as u begin another glorious year. Hip...Hip...Hip...Hurray!!!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Daniel3366: 12:51am On Dec 14, 2015
People in the house @DeeTus @Walspring please I need your opinion on this question but before that, I was denied because I couldn't give enough reason for choosing my school(Murray state University). Now the question is

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by angel34real(f): 1:41am On Dec 14, 2015
Happy Birthday Slimmy05. God bless your new age.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by Nobody: 4:05am On Dec 14, 2015
Daniel3366:

* Please does anyone have any other contribution on this, because I want to be on the safe side abeg.

Boss, I'm sorry you were denied. But you need to work on your confidence. There are many beautiful reasons you can give for choosing the school. Try and study people's transcripts and you will see hundreds of reasons for choosing the school. Drop your transcript, so that the Ogas in the house can conduct clinical operation on it, and tell you what to do in your next interview. Stay positive.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 5:01am On Dec 14, 2015
sirRiddy:
Thanks Bigfrancis21
Just that my cooking skills are horrible smiley
Wish you a beautiful Christmas holidays to
compensate for your birthday at work.

Lol. You gotta learn bro, especially if you're going to be living in this country. No worries anyway, lots of cooking videos are plenty on youtube. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by bigfrancis21: 5:03am On Dec 14, 2015
slimmy05:
If not for African food shopping. He should spend nothing less than that, except he intends eating outside. He should just learn how to cook and how to shop and he would fine. How are you celebrating the xmas? When is that your sister coming wink Its no longer a secret you know tongue

I don't even know what i'm doing for this Christmas. Maybe i'll hang out at my aunt's and later with my friends before they go to Brazil. I'm graduating this Saturday. Got an exam today and another on Wednesday. Not feeling the graduation vibe, maybe because of my exams. Got exam chills. cry embarassed

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by foohard: 5:38am On Dec 14, 2015
bigfrancis21:

I don't even know what i'm doing for this Christmas. Maybe i'll hang out at my aunt's and later with my friends before they go to Brazil. I'm graduating this Saturday. Got an exam today and another on Wednesday. Not feeling the graduation vibe, maybe because of my exams. Got exam chills. cry embarassed

Best of luck... Exams should be routine for you now especially when it is the final term.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by angel34real(f): 5:50am On Dec 14, 2015
bigfrancis21:

You've made it so far and you only have a little ways to go. Git 'er done!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 by chrisgreen: 9:05am On Dec 14, 2015
Gurus in the house. Please when is the next available date for an interview. Both in lagos and abuja. Urgent reply needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (401)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.