Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,643 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures - Agriculture (89) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures (343793 Views)

Christmas And New Year Broiler Broading / Growing Maggot For Animal Feed in Pictures / The Fast Money Making Machine Crop In Pictures You Can Start Now!!. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (162) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kay29000(m): 2:59pm On Dec 23, 2018
When I read about people's broilers dying, I don't regret sticking to Noilers. I know it takes them a little longer to get to the size of mature broilers, but the piece of mind I have with them makes me stick with them. Over 2 years I have been raising Noilers, I have only lost one to dehydration...and that was totally my fault. Those birds are so wonderful. Thanks to Amo Farms.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:12pm On Dec 23, 2018
ganasy:
Good morning house. Pls some of our noilers are dying. The ones that are weak have discharge from mouth and nose, close their eyes while standing, watery greenish poo but only a few. I also noticed some small insect move on their body.
Thank you for your help

How old are d Noilers and what treatment have u given them
kay29000:
When I read about people's broilers dying, I don't regret sticking to Noilers. I know it takes them a little longer to get to the size of mature broilers, but the piece of mind I have with them makes me stick with them. Over 2 years I have been raising Noilers, I have only lost one to dehydration...and that was totally my fault. Those birds are so wonderful. Thanks to Amo Farms.

Bro with due diligence great results are usually achieved and d profit margin of broilers are higher due to short stay and higher prices
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kay29000(m): 7:21pm On Dec 23, 2018
noeloge82:

Bro with due diligence great results are usually achieved and d profit margin of broilers are higher due to short stay and higher prices

Maybe that guy you quoted overdrugged his Noilers or got them from an unreliable source. I'm speaking from experience... Over 2 years of experience. I don't even give my birds any form of vaccines. Trust me, if I can raise Noilers and not have any mortality, anyone can. I mean, anyone. The ones I currently have were bought at 3 weeks. This will be the first time I won't be starting from day old with them.

They are currently 10 weeks and 2 days old. All alive and well.

Anyway, I understand what you mean by the profit margin of raising Broilers being higher than that for Noilers. That's the truth. But I'm okay with my Noilers. Lol

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kay29000(m): 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
ganasy:
Good morning house. Pls some of our noilers are dying. The ones that are weak have discharge from mouth and nose, close their eyes while standing, watery greenish poo but only a few. I also noticed some small insect move on their body.
Thank you for your help

Did you mix them with other birds at any time?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 7:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
Since you are OK with d results not minding d time delays it's all well and fine but anyone who takes it as only source of income it can't really work for d person cos of timing and profit margin but for leisure it's well and fine
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by faridpac2: 6:16am On Dec 24, 2018
chio75:

I was giving them chikun feeds bt changed 2 Top feeds presently.
I give them 1bag a day.
Among all commercial feeds top feed is number 1 cause watery poo especially during Hot season bcoz topfeed cause chicks to drink alot of Water even during cold season that's y if u wnt use topfeed u must buy strong anticoccidiosis
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Floryangel8: 11:09am On Dec 24, 2018
faridpac2:

Among all commercial feeds top feed is number cause watery poo especially during Hot season bcoz topfeed cause chicks to drink alot of Water even during cold season that's y if u wnt use topfeed u must buy strong anticoccidiosis

Now could this be true, I battled coccidiosis in my Last stock and I used Top. I've been using vital or amo before now

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by ganasy: 7:36pm On Dec 24, 2018
Well I added just one local one to them.

kay29000:

Did you mix them with other birds at any time?
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by ganasy: 7:40pm On Dec 24, 2018
noeloge82:

About 16 weeks. I have given them tylosin and amprococ
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by kay29000(m): 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2018
ganasy:
Well I added just one local one to them.

That's the issue. At what age did you add the local? If you added the local before they got to 8 weeks, then that would definitely be the issue.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2018
ganasy:

About 16 weeks. I have given them tylosin and amprococ

For now give them lasota a day after that let me know
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by ganasy: 7:33am On Dec 26, 2018
Alright. Gave them tylosin and seems they are improving

noeloge82:

For now give them lasota a day after that let me know
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 8:15am On Dec 31, 2018
Today is watch night eve if u have many broilers un sold try and reduce ur profile margin to spring up a rush but not to make way for a loss
If you had started d Christmas sales on time by now your profits would been putting a smile on your faces
Good luck on today and tomorrow sales

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by chio75(m): 6:27am On Jan 01, 2019
noeloge82:
Today is watch night eve if u have many broilers un sold try and reduce ur profile margin to spring up a rush but not to make way for a loss
If you had started d Christmas sales on time by now your profits would been putting a smile on your faces
Good luck on today and tomorrow sales
Tenkiu.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Lexel321: 10:33pm On Jan 02, 2019
My CHI broilers did not perform well in this Xmas and New Year sales, did anyone had similar experience. I had high mortality rate.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by pheonixdld2(m): 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2019
Geez! This thread has been unusually quiet. where is Oga neolog28, Turks, Emmachiele
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2019
pheonixdld2:
Geez! This thread has been unusually quiet. where is Oga neolog28, Turks, Emmachiele

Noted but u know many poultry farmers at this time are cleaning up their pens and Re stocking for Easter sales
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by rust6(m): 7:06am On Jan 15, 2019
Please how do I treat this coccidiosis I have tried Pantacox-plux and it's not working

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by pheonixdld2(m): 1:43pm On Jan 18, 2019
Good day folks......
I acquired 63 DOC Ross 308 agrited on the 8th of January 2019. Started out organic and it has been that way except for the IO that was administered to them at the agro shop point of colletlction where I ordered here in kubwa,Abuja.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by pheonixdld2(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
Chicken house during construction....exceeded my budget by twice the amount I planned due to untrustworthy capenter, but that's story for another day...lesson learnt.

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by pheonixdld2(m): 1:55pm On Jan 18, 2019
Before their arrival I had made an extract of garlic, ginger and tumeric fresh blended and sieved...and put just 1 cap cover of the I liter sprite bottle in 1.5ltr of fresh water & also same the same measurement of Oga Saka cc Organicfoods immune booster, lab and super tagiri.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:16pm On Jan 26, 2019
rust6:
Please how do I treat this coccidiosis I have tried Pantacox-plux and it's not working
Sorry for my late response Pls buy lasota and treat for Newcastle after u buy vira mix and amprolium give both mixtures to d birds for 5 days
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 5:21pm On Jan 26, 2019
pheonixdld2:
Chicken house during construction....exceeded my budget by twice the amount I planned due to untrustworthy capenter, but that's story for another day...lesson learnt.
Good job but Pls next time d zinc u used for d surrounding is not d best, it doesn't control temperature as it can be very hot during d hot weather and extremely cold during d cold weather d best is used hard flat wood or buy hard flat rough wood from d saw mill
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by pheonixdld2(m): 10:20am On Jan 27, 2019
noeloge82:

Good job but Pls next time d zinc u used for d surrounding is not d best, it doesn't control temperature as it can be very hot during d hot weather and extremely cold during d cold weather d best is used hard flat wood or buy hard flat rough wood from d saw mill
Noted sir.....thank you

1 Like

Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Ujusee(f): 8:12pm On Feb 06, 2019
PLS WHERE CAN I GET CHIKUN DOC
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 3:03pm On Feb 07, 2019
Ujusee:
PLS WHERE CAN I GET CHIKUN DOC
That is Doc from company that makes chikun feed OLAM
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by crossblane1(m): 10:30am On Feb 09, 2019
good day my birds of 6days refuses to eat at night even when i give them light in form of kerosene lantern and i use sunseed starter which is in crmble form. Even in day time while some are eating some will be sleeping while some will just stan still like they are catching cold with dropping of feathers. I use organic method in brooding and all their stool are solid with white on top. I also use maxi yield molasses as my multivitamin.pls what can i do to make all of them very active and to eat more.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by noeloge82(m): 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2019
crossblane1:
good day
my birds of 6days refuses to eat at night
even when i give them light in form of
kerosene lantern and i use sunseed starter
which is in crmble form.
Even in day time while some are eating
some will be sleeping while some will just
stan still like they are catching cold with
dropping of feathers.
I use organic method in brooding and all
their stool are solid with white on top.
I also use maxi yield molasses as my
multivitamin.pls what can i do to make all
of them very active and to eat more.

Since you are using organic method what are d treatment you have given them so far
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Floryangel8: 3:20pm On Feb 09, 2019
Lantern is the problem here I did that too and lost five when I changed to bulb it stopped.

crossblane1:
good day
my birds of 6days refuses to eat at night
even when i give them light in form of
kerosene lantern and i use sunseed starter
which is in crmble form.
Even in day time while some are eating
some will be sleeping while some will just
stan still like they are catching cold with
dropping of feathers.
I use organic method in brooding and all
their stool are solid with white on top.
I also use maxi yield molasses as my
multivitamin.pls what can i do to make all
of them very active and to eat more.
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by crossblane1(m): 7:12pm On Feb 09, 2019
Floryangel8:

Lantern is the problem here I did that too and lost five when I changed to bulb it stopped.

ok thanks
so what can i do to get all of them active again
Re: Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures by Floryangel8: 9:27pm On Feb 09, 2019
I was given tylosan by my vet
crossblane1:

ok thanks
so what can i do to get all of them active again

(1) (2) (3) ... (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) ... (162) (Reply)

Nairaland Farmers Contact Details / Pig Farmers Lets Meet Here / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.