Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

#northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments (64243 Views)

IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns. / #PMBFailuresAt2 Trending On Twitter As Nigerians Rate President Buhari / #thelist Trends On Twitter As Nigerians Await Buhari's Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by onatisi(m): 6:57am On Aug 28, 2015
oreos:
I can't remember this happening when 80% of GEJ's federal appointment were from the North undecided.
abeg forget gej. That guy just allowed ppl spoil his government when he could have done the right thing.but instead he chose to be pacifying few politicians to the detriment of his government. If gej had performed creditably for all to see,pdp would have won easily in most states and the presidential.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by sarutobie(m): 7:05am On Aug 28, 2015
onatisi:
I am a pro pdp supporter but for now I don't see anything bad in buhari appointments .there are still many more appointments to be made in the coming months .what should be paramount to us now should be the revival of Nigeria and one thing we need to understand is that even if buhari performs that doesn't mean Apc can't or won't lose in 2019. To be honest a lot is been done within all parastatals and ministries and it seems buhari wants to build a system which will make his ministers and also act as check and balances on them. Before we can start criticizing buhari we should wait for the full list of all his appointees before reaching a conclusion. But whether he chooses all his officials from the north or south the most important thing should be our nation development. What is the essence of appointing someone based on tribal sentiments when there are other capable hands from other parts.
your last statement contradicts your entire post..are there no "capable hands from other parts"?..the "other parts" were only capable for elections..but not capable for important posts right? billions have already been borrowed to " repair damages" caused by boko haram while ongoing projects in other parts have been suspended...have you seen the recent WAEC statistics? Which part seemed more "capable" according to the statistics? oh now we will remember the constitution and its federal character policies right? I say it again, there is no way Nigeria can step a foot forward with so much deceit embedded in her fabric..

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by christinie(f): 7:08am On Aug 28, 2015
sarutobie:

the 1million dollar question..because this joke of a country is dipped in hypocrisy, deceit, lies and outright wickedness.
I pray to God deliver us from these rats who bite and blow their victims at the same time.

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:11am On Aug 28, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I like what's going on, When we were saying it, they were taking us for granted.

Buhari IS An unrepentant bigoted illiterate and a chauvinistic cow herder, A megalomaniacal extremist.

I read comments of some people saying "As long as they will deliver, no problem". While deep inside them, they are pained by these lopsided appointments. Some of his supporters, especially those from the east and some from the West are already regretting.
Northernization of the country is in progress. Buhari is proving us right, He's as predictable as a goat kept within close range with yam.

...And please no fool should come here and start saying "they are yeebos", Because from the tweets, I see igbos, Yorubas, hausas and other tribes.
Even if their family members re appointed,what gives dem d assurance d person ll serve their interest?
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by sammyj: 7:14am On Aug 28, 2015
Wow. .... grin shocked grin grin
francizy:

You see your life? So to you now, politics is all about chop I chop? Its no longer about the interest of the country right? If not, why would you make this senseless comment about putting money in one's pocket. I know all you APC goons are either bigoted or paid.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by godwin120alex: 7:17am On Aug 28, 2015
Hahahahahaha
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Blizzle(m): 7:18am On Aug 28, 2015
Holak:

The cabinet will contain at least one person from each state. So there is no question of it being skewed to one direction.

Yes the cabinet will contain 1 person from each state, but as it is we cannot have 37 ministries, so some of the ministers would have to be Junior ministers (ministers of state).

So the rationale that PMB uses to appoint the "real" ministers and share the juicy ministries will show if the appointments are balanced or lopsided.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by onatisi(m): 7:20am On Aug 28, 2015
sarutobie:

your last statement contradicts your entire post..are there no "capable hands from other parts"?..the "other parts" were only capable for elections..but not capable for important posts right? billions have already been borrowed to " repair damages" caused by boko haram while ongoing projects in other parts have been suspended...have you seen the recent WAEC statistics? Which part seemed more "capable" according to the statistics? oh now we will remember the constitution and its federal character policies right? I say it again, there is no way Nigeria can step a foot forward with so much deceit embedded in her fabric..
thank you very much for this intelligent contribution. Your last point is also what I have been telling ppl that the problem with Nigeria wasn't gej and isn't tinubu or buhari but the current system of politics in Nigeria. It will take a miracle for any civilian president to make any great positive impact within the current system we are practicing in Nigeria.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by ArodewilliamsT: 7:22am On Aug 28, 2015
christinie:
if indeed it does not matter where the appointees are from, how come Buhari did not have a Northerner as his running mate during the presidential election? Why use a Southerner to win election and turn around to appoint only the Northerners?

I think Buhari should kick out that irrelavant midget osunbade and make Junaid mohammed his Vice president. I will throw my weight behind him. grin
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Visocrate(m): 7:22am On Aug 28, 2015
Sectionalism , tribalism , ethnocentrism , ethnoregional segregation, nepotism,religious extremism , northerno-sentimental hedonism etc all these are what we see in this government and somebody should tell me how one Nigeria ,federal character integrational allocation is reflected in this ill , and neuron forsaken government
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Myself2(m): 7:34am On Aug 28, 2015
tucky200:
I swear this title fit them die
THE WAILING WAILERS

I thought wailing wailers was what you deluded bunch of APC apologists called PDP supporters...From what I gather the PDP supporters are not the ones complaining about POO HARI's lopsided appointments, if anything they're even laughing @ you deluded lot that believed the scam of POO HARI as a presidential material. PDP guys are laughing with a look that says: I NO TELL YOU ,,,, or WE NO TELL UNA tongue
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by whisperj: 7:35am On Aug 28, 2015
I'm all for competence irrespective of tribal and religious leanings, but this is Nigeria. He is setting a precedent that could lead to chaos in the future. Any nepotic future president we have now has a justification - they just need to point to PMB's administration.

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by hassan85(m): 7:43am On Aug 28, 2015
2kris:
i can mention more than ten mr
we have 3 zones in d northern Nigeria and who says pmb has finished his appointments? where did all gej appointments took us too stealing in d name of national character
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by tucky200(m): 7:45am On Aug 28, 2015
Myself2:

I thought wailing wailers was what you deluded bunch of APC apologists called PDP supporters...From what I gather the PDP supporters are not the ones complaining about POO HARI's lopsided appointments, if anything they're even laughing @ you deluded lot that believed the scam of POO HARI as a presidential material. PDP guys are laughing with a look that says: I NO TELL YOU ,,,, or WE NO TELL UNA tongue
Bros ion apc,I support pmb and ur brain shud tell you this is no longer business as usual were every single party member brings his family to come take a position and this enables corruption,but the president as ignored that line and has chosen trusted technocrats,now let's watch and see if they won't perform
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by sarutobie(m): 7:47am On Aug 28, 2015
hassan85:
we have 3 zones in d northern Nigeria and who says pmb has finished his appointments? where did all gej appointments took us too stealing in d name of national character
this rhetoric question has become too cliché. didn't the previous president also appoint people from the northern stock? were they not also corrupt?(going by your theory of 'the previous government was corrupt)..so why is the current president fishing for saints from one region?
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Jman06(m): 7:47am On Aug 28, 2015
moshould:
As a nigerian, born in and bred here in Nigeria, i am among dos that biliv in Doing the right tin at d right time, whoever d president appoints must come frm One regiOn, and other regions always challenge d decisiOn...

My pple ! Pls lets be sincere to Ourselves, if u study nigeria well, u'll find Out that u can only find mOre "selfless" pple frM d north . And dats part of our developing process, i strOngly biliv tht someday Other regiOns will have better pple to Occupy d space if we strt to change Our ways of abusing power..

May God help nigeria... We will get there by d grace Of God, lets promote Love and nOt necessarily nepotism... God bless u all...
U are an 1diot for saying that only the north has selfless people.

Ur brain needs total reformatting.

Kai!!! See how f00lish some southerners are becoming in the zoo politics!

Anyway, the zoo must fall!

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by bigv(m): 7:49am On Aug 28, 2015
You obviously are not thinking straight. Therefore it would be a total waste of my precious time to point you to reality.
With individuals like you in the society, we would remain where we are.
I have not exonerated PMB, as far as I'm concerned He isn't perfect. But that He has good intentions? YES!!
So please if you can drop sentiments aside, then don't speak.
maestroferddi:
You are not using your faculties well, are you?

You suppose that Buhari is infallible and as such couldn't have predicated his conduct so far on primordial considerations.

So in your warped logic they are no technocrats or non-political materials eligible from the south of the country?

And what does it say about your critical thinking skills that you bought the dummy from a man who couched nepotism and primeval sentiments with the ruse of fighting corruption and instituting accountability?
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by hassan85(m): 7:55am On Aug 28, 2015
sarutobie:

this rhetoric question has become too cliché. didn't the previous president also appoint people from the northern stock? were they not also corrupt?(going by your theory of 'the previous government was corrupt)..so why is the current president fishing for saints from one region?
we shouldn't be educated illiterates. PDP established norms which we all see today as ideal. tell wat end product did we got from it? dts d altimate. appointment from group of no produce or appointment for result which were u tot in school? grow out of sentiments
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by bigv(m): 7:58am On Aug 28, 2015
It's a pity that tribalism has clouded your judgement. If he knows more Northerners cos he comes from that part of the country by virtue of up bringing and association, is that a sin?
When the party 'recommended looters' for GEJ, i'm sure you liked how it all went down.

Isn't it good enough that his party couldn't influence his decisions?

Please don't spill trash if you can't be objective, it reveals your poor level of reasoning.
jbichene:
all this your long talk is trash and foolishness. now first its quit obvious that he is tribalistic bcause you cant tell me that in the whole southern nigeria there is no one worthy to recieve buhari's "golden" appiontments , two we all know that nigeria is a bit fragile and not to strain the bond between the tribes of this great country by making one side feel marginalized , when he started i thought he was smart or inteligent ,now i am left to belive he is still the millitary rular who dose not give a f**k about the consiquences of his actions or what his citizens think about his decesion .,he should go to hell with his appiontment, but he should know that to any stupid action like this there will always be a bad reaction in future or present .
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by bigv(m): 8:02am On Aug 28, 2015
You have just revealed you poor sense of reasoning. Onu ko Oni ni...smh.
No card carrying party member is fit for any political office. This just made my loyalty to the PMB administration increase.
Please always think straight before commenting. You didn't even mention FasHola sef...you gotta be thinking from somewhere else...
kinharold:

...and you believe this category of people can only be found in the North, right? So between Engr. Babachir David Lawal the SFG and Ogbonnaya Onu who, in your shallow thinking mind is better suitable for the position. Well, let's be watching, while God is waiting.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by sarutobie(m): 8:02am On Aug 28, 2015
hassan85:
we shouldn't be educated illiterates. PDP established norms which we all see today as ideal. tell wat end product did we got from it? dts d altimate. appointment from group of no produce or appointment for result which were u tot in school? grow out of sentiments
It is either you are ignorant or just being mischievous. When was pdp formed? Is pdp responsible for the inclusion of federal character in the constitution? The past governments made balanced appointment across the regions (even though it can still be argued that the north also got more still)..when it comes to enrollment into universities you all will remember federal character pointing to the constitution. Deceitful lots.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by hassan85(m): 8:06am On Aug 28, 2015
sarutobie:

It is either you are ignorant or just being mischievous. When was pdp formed? Is pdp responsible for the inclusion of federal character in the constitution? The past governments made balanced appointment across the regions (even though it can still be argued that the north also got more still)..when it comes to enrollment into universities you all will remember federal character pointing to the constitution. Deceitful lots.
you see wat am saying? if u think ds points are tenable, a layer should be on his way to court now but guess wat? its useless. if we get results today its not a northern result then its a Nigerian sucess. just appropriate credence
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by tsdarkside(m): 8:09am On Aug 28, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Why do you ask?... Tell me.

i noticed you in some posts..you write very strange....are you igbo??.......

oiii...you igbos are something else,you people are very dangerous......
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by ocelot2006(m): 8:12am On Aug 28, 2015
uduigwomen:

Too late to cry when the head is off. Jona made us to fall into it oooooo

Yep, blame GEJ as usual...
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by tsdarkside(m): 8:15am On Aug 28, 2015
bigv:
It's a pity that tribalism has clouded your judgement. If he knows more Northerners cos he comes from that part of the country by virtue of up bringing and association, is that a sin?
When the party 'recommended looters' for GEJ, i'm sure you liked how it all went down.

Isn't it good enough that his party couldn't influence his decisions?

Please don't spill trash if you can't be objective, it reveals your poor level of reasoning.

noww....that is reasoning..!!!!!
why is it a sin,to surround yourself with only people you trust to achieve a goal?

christians should respect themselfs,what they are proposing is even against their own theachings.....

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by ocelot2006(m): 8:17am On Aug 28, 2015
bigv:
I'm not a Northerner. But in all sincerity. Buhari has once more proved that he was worth our votes.
You can decide to wallow in 'wailing'. But for the first time key positions (that we have politicised) are given to people with little or no background in politics. Who does that?

All I can pray for is the will for PMB to carry on with his good intentions. You just can't doubt they're good. To think that APC 'bigwigs' Had little or no influence in the selection still amazes me.
When He appointed a southerner to head the NNPC, no one complained o.

P.S I don't care if the appointees are green in their fields of appointment. The 'good' intention is all that matters.
I also don't care if they're all northerners. If 'Nigeria' comes out better for it...good roads, regular power supply...all the dividends of good governance...then to Hell with 'multi-diversity. For once let us THINK AS HUMANS.

If the super eagles team representing us at the world cup, wins the world cup...all consisting of Northerners, I bet we would see it as 'Nigerian team to the world cup'.

Pls be objective if you wanna quote me....else!!

He is "worth your vote"? Here we have a clear case of tribalism & nepotism, coupled with the fact that it's 100 days + yet this administration is still rudderless with no clear cut plan? Yet you still feel GMB is worth your vote. Wow.....God help us as a nation...
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by ocelot2006(m): 8:18am On Aug 28, 2015
IamUdo:
I laugh when I read such myopic comments coming from people that can even tell right from left. Answer these questions objectively..... SS/SE had more positions in GEJ administration? True/False. Did y'all complain? YES/NO... How many of those appointees delivered? Now check your own personal life... scroll through your phone book, do you realize that more than 50% are from your ethnic region? Pls allow the man to do his job. There's no time. Thanks

No, these positions under GEJ were EVENLY spread with the Federal Character taken into consideration.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by tsdarkside(m): 8:19am On Aug 28, 2015
ocelot2006:

He is "worth your vote"? Here we have a clear case of tribalism & nepotism, coupled with the fact that it's 100 days + yet this administration is still rudderless with no clear cut plan? Yet you still feel GMB is worth your vote. Wow.....God help us as a nation...

he is worth my vote:::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by ocelot2006(m): 8:23am On Aug 28, 2015
moshould:
As a nigerian, born in and bred here in Nigeria, i am among dos that biliv in Doing the right tin at d right time, whoever d president appoints must come frm One regiOn, and other regions always challenge d decisiOn...

My pple ! Pls lets be sincere to Ourselves, if u study nigeria well, u'll find Out that u can only find mOre "selfless" pple frM d north . And dats part of our developing process, i strOngly biliv tht someday Other regiOns will have better pple to Occupy d space if we strt to change Our ways of abusing power..

May God help nigeria... We will get there by d grace Of God, lets promote Love and nOt necessarily nepotism... God bless u all...

Is this a silly joke? Please tell me this garbage you posted is a joke. The most "selfless" people? You're talking about acregion whose leaders RUINED this country for 40+ years. Same region with extremely low literacy rate.Those are the ones you call "selfless"? Tufiakwa!!

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by ocelot2006(m): 8:24am On Aug 28, 2015
tsdarkside:

he is worth my vote:::!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry for Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 28, 2015
Joavid:

Lol. U funny.

Sometimes I wonder too.

I think its because northerners mind their business and avoid quarrels and arguments.

They probably read this thread, smile and log out.
They really don't have time for all the craziness in this section.
na lie,they are all anti social embarassed
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Omotayor123(f): 8:30am On Aug 28, 2015
RAKITIC:
happy birthday wishing you long life and prosperity
Tnx sweet

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EndSARS Protesters Who Kept Vigil In Front Of CBN HQ Under Attack / Nnamdi Kanu Praying In Israel For The 2nd Time (Photos) / Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama's Outfit To The National Assembly (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.