Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:36 PM

#northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments (64242 Views)

IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns. / #PMBFailuresAt2 Trending On Twitter As Nigerians Rate President Buhari / #thelist Trends On Twitter As Nigerians Await Buhari's Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Nobody: 8:36am On Aug 28, 2015
vheMa:
na lie,they are all anti social embarassed

Lol. Not all. Although they prefer hanging out in exclusive places with less crowd. I have them as friends.

The enlightened/educated ones, that is.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by caprini1: 8:37am On Aug 28, 2015
On a lighter mood grin ....If federal character wasn't important, PMB won't have worn all the outfits he wore during the campaign grin grin grin grin
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by dejsmiles(m): 8:38am On Aug 28, 2015
All na change abi?
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by dejsmiles(m): 8:39am On Aug 28, 2015
All na change u pple requested for na.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by bigv(m): 8:44am On Aug 28, 2015
Please by all means, in all Honesty under our democratic dispensation tell me an administration that in 100days had surpassed PMB's 100days.
Cos you all keep ranting(wailing) without objectivity. Just like the VP said....Nigeria is to be fixed with its engine running.
Now I understand, with most people sharing your kind of reasoning, Nigeria won't move forward.
ocelot2006:

He is "worth your vote"? Here we have a clear case of tribalism & nepotism, coupled with the fact that it's 100 days + yet this administration is still rudderless with no clear cut plan? Yet you still feel GMB is worth your vote. Wow.....God help us as a nation...
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by fairheven: 8:44am On Aug 28, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
if he had appointed ameachi and fashola which i pray for, but Nigerians would have go gaga, so after castigating both of them, don't u think people like u would have insult PMB? So don't blame PMB, he just satisfy everybody

Why u dey leave road enter bush? Who is talking about Ameachi and Fashola? Is that parameter for EQUITY and fairness?
pple like me? ..who are they ? How do u know how I will feel? Did u assimilate my points before seeking counter argument?
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 8:50am On Aug 28, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Malu...Have you grazed this morning? grin.

Dan Banza kawai!
Continue wailing while we continue taking the appointments, gone za Ku kara air! Akuya!
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by tsdarkside(m): 8:53am On Aug 28, 2015
ocelot2006:

I'm sorry for Nigeria...

sorry for yourself......
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:01am On Aug 28, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Check the MDG report, WAEC, NECO and JAMB results as well as the cut off marks for common entrance and you'll know which region has been left behind.
Its true the south is more educationally developed than the north, but we all know that intellectual capacity has never been the problem with Nigeria, our problem has always been corruption. While I know that all regions of Nigeria have men and women of integrity, it is noteworthy that buhari may be picking northerners because of his familiarity with his friends among that stock. We all know sha that for the first time a political party is not running the show. Buhari, keep working, the people of Nigeria love you.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Chiaka(f): 9:02am On Aug 28, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I like what's going on, When we were saying it, they were taking us for granted.

Buhari IS An unrepentant bigoted illiterate and a chauvinistic cow herder, A megalomaniacal extremist.

I read comments of some people saying "As long as they will deliver, no problem". While deep inside them, they are pained by these lopsided appointments. Some of his supporters, especially those from the east and some from the West are already regretting.
Northernization of the country is in progress. Buhari is proving us right, He's as predictable as a goat kept within close range with yam.

...And please no fool should come here and start saying "they are yeebos", Because from the tweets, I see igbos, Yorubas, hausas and other tribes.

Dont blame the north much. Blame selfish Tinubu. When APC gained power they debated that they should use regionalism for appointment so that every region will have appointments but Tinubu opposed the move strongly.......Tinubu thought being APC Chairman that he will be allowed to flood Nigerian government with his own cronies.......just like he single handedly picked Osibanjo (His worker) as vice president, He even was positioning his wife for a position in the senate before Saraki took him by surprise.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by SeverusSnape(m): 9:08am On Aug 28, 2015
Chiaka:

Dont blame the north much. Blame selfish Tinubu. When APC gained power they debated that they should use regionalism for appointment so that every region will have appointments but Tinubu opposed the move strongly.......Tinubu thought being APC Chairman that he will be allowed to flood Nigerian government with his own cronies.......just like he single handedly picked Osibanjo (His worker) as vice president, He even was positioning his wife for a position in the senate before Saraki took him by surprise.
My sister... Don't mind these jokers, they are in for more shockers. I don't pity them a bit.

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by haqueurate(m): 9:14am On Aug 28, 2015
You are all here wailing, if you hear that someone from the south is rumoured for appointment into Buharis cabinet. You will quickly run and dig out dirt about him and spew online
now the man is simply looking at familiar territory for the tools he needs to pursue his policies you are crying
and really on an average northaners can be very honest when they choose to
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by omojeesu(m): 9:18am On Aug 28, 2015
Unfortunate, unacceptable and unwise!!!
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by christinie(f): 9:22am On Aug 28, 2015
Mxm
ArodewilliamsT:

I think Buhari should kick out that irrelavant midget osunbade and make Junaid mohammed his Vice president. I will throw my weight behind him. grin
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by fairheven: 9:24am On Aug 28, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
I don't know the region u are from,but I want to believe that majority of the peeps u know are from the place u live. That's the same way life is. PMB knows many Northerners because he lives with them and I expect him to make most of his sensitive appointments to that direction. Don't forget that most of the appointments made so far, are for positions that u will need trusted people. Trust me, if it were u, u will do the same. We all need people we'll be comfortable with...

Aah ,Bros u wrote this with clear eyes?
Majority of pple u know are from were you live?
Haba? You just said that about the president of the Federal republic that should embrace all regardless of were they come from ?former gov. ISSA YIGUDA of BAUCHI had a YORUBA man as SPECIAL ADVISER on media, Why do we have institution like NATIONAL UNITY SCHOOLS and NYSC? A custom and Immigration comptroller generals also must come from one region?

Why shud a country of six gio-political zones and 170million pple always have its chief Justice of federation,CONTROLLER of Customs and IMMIGration virtually always come from the North

elections all over the world usually leads to divisions(for those shouting 5%) an the least a president shud do is creating more division
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Myself2(m): 9:30am On Aug 28, 2015
tucky200:

Bros ion apc,I support pmb and ur brain shud tell you this is no longer business as usual were every single party member brings his family to come take a position and this enables corruption,but the president as ignored that line and has chosen trusted technocrats,now let's watch and see if they won't perform

Who's this fool?
Why not your sorry ass talk about your shittty father's brain instead
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by change49ja: 9:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Basically, I'll say Buhari is doing the northern version of what GEJ did for the south apart from the appointment of Abdullahi Inde by GEJ for customs.

Take for instance, Anyim Pius Anyim for SGF,Chief Mike Aiyebeni Ogiadomhe for Chief of Staff, Mrs Rosemary Uzoma as Immigration CG, Senator Joy Emordi SA to the President on National Assembly Matters and so on and so forth. So in reality, we southerners have no right to complain now that the game has changed.

Having said that, I'll strongly advice Buhari to try as much as possible to balance his appointment in order not to lose some of his southern supporters who still dwells on tribalism, ethnicity and religion.

For people like me, I won't judge his appointments until I see his 'total package' and even at that, what will matter most will be the outcome( stable electricity, clean water, good roads, sea and air networks, security of lives and properties, good health, food, education, WAI and C, youth employment, stable economy etc) of his appointments and not necessarily the people he appointed. Afterall what did we gain from having those men and powerful women (no names mentioned) from the south in GEJs govt.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by baralatie(m): 10:38am On Aug 28, 2015
Emekamex:
My own is that northerners shouldn't make noise and kill people as they usually do if a southern president in the future only appoints people from his region in the name of competence.
hmmmm
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Rexyl(m): 11:00am On Aug 28, 2015
Tambuwa has already revealed that competent politicians and probably technocrats are not easily found in the South.

So the CHANGE might be meant for PMB people to have unrestricted access to wealth of the country. Time for Southerners to see life beyond politics.

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by parisbookaddict(f): 11:14am On Aug 28, 2015
handie:

I like ur signature below ur comment about the yoruba man trying to save his ibo guest.

What u forgot to mention is that they were both killed by northern Muslims who went on to organise the murder of 60,000 southerners. Tribalism is bad but it is a fact in Nigeria. Northerners and southerners just don't get along.

However igbo and yorubas have far more in common and should unite. They are brothers and who spear headed nigerias independence, while the north wanted to remain servants to the queen and that is why she only knighted 2 northerners sir bello, and sir tafawa.

I detest tribAlism but it has deep history in Nigeria and for several reasons.

2 Likes

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 11:31am On Aug 28, 2015
fairheven:

Aah ,Bros u wrote this with clear eyes?
Majority of pple u know are from were you live?
Haba? You just said that about the president of the Federal republic that should embrace all regardless of were they come from ?former gov. ISSA YIGUDA of BAUCHI had a YORUBA man as SPECIAL ADVISER on media, Why do we have institution like NATIONAL UNITY SCHOOLS and NYSC? A custom and Immigration comptroller generals also must come from one region?

Why shud a country of six gio-political zones and 170million pple always have its chief Justice of federation,CONTROLLER of Customs and IMMIGration virtually always come from the North

elections all over the world usually leads to divisions(for those shouting 5%) an the least a president shud do is creating more division
Bro, northern Nigeria alone has 19 states ooo... both christian and Muslims mixed...
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Ikiriye(m): 11:51am On Aug 28, 2015
bigv:
I'm not a Northerner. But in all sincerity. Buhari has once more proved that he was worth our votes.
You can decide to wallow in 'wailing'. But for the first time key positions (that we have politicised) are given to people with little or no background in politics. Who does that?

All I can pray for is the will for PMB to carry on with his good intentions. You just can't doubt they're good. To think that APC 'bigwigs' Had little or no influence in the selection still amazes me.
When He appointed a southerner to head the NNPC, no one complained o.

P.S I don't care if the appointees are green in their fields of appointment. The 'good' intention is all that matters.
I also don't care if they're all northerners. If 'Nigeria' comes out better for it...good roads, regular power supply...all the dividends of good governance...then to Hell with 'multi-diversity. For once let us THINK AS HUMANS.

If the super eagles team representing us at the world cup, wins the world cup...all consisting of Northerners, I bet we would see it as 'Nigerian team to the world cup'.

Pls be objective if you wanna quote me....else!!

I hope when your father's properties are been shared and none is given to you and your brothers beautify their share.I guess you will be logical as you presume here bro.stop deceiving yourself.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by handie(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2015
parisbookaddict:

I like ur signature below ur comment about the yoruba man trying to save his ibo guest.

What u forgot to mention is that they were both killed by northern Muslims who went on to organise the murder of 60,000 southerners. Tribalism is bad but it is a fact in Nigeria. Northerners and southerners just don't get along.

However igbo and yorubas have far more in common and should unite. They are brothers and who spear headed nigerias independence, while the north wanted to remain servants to the queen and that is why she only knighted 2 northerners sir bello, and sir tafawa.

I detest tribAlism but it has deep history in Nigeria and for several reasons.

Funny thing is, the ibos think the Yorubas are their enemies and vice versa. Why not unite as the south and demand for our rights together as a united region?
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by bigv(m): 12:27pm On Aug 28, 2015
You have simply displayed how myopic your intellect is. What's your definition of 'properties'. Please be reasonable, I want to assume you're educated.
Ikiriye:

I hope when your father's properties are been shared and none is given to you and your brothers beautify their share.I guess you will be logical as you presume here bro.stop deceiving yourself.

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by fairheven: 1:29pm On Aug 28, 2015
MosquitoREBIRTH:
Bro, northern Nigeria alone has 19 states ooo... both christian and Muslims mixed...

Bros you still cudnt answer any of my question
When last did you see someone outside the North been appointed the Chief justice of federation or controller of Immigration?

Talk of 19states..shud we now bulkanise the country by creating unnecessary states regardless of their viability? How many of those states have been able to sustain themselves amidst recent economic downturn? Like it or not majority of the state were created for political appeasement,
had a Recent argument with someone on the forum that we don't need additional state in south-east except for political reasons, because more than any other region,you have
One pple
One language
One religion
One destiny ,so why wud someone want to divide us?
But on the basics of u reminding me that we have 19states in the north, am left with the opinion of thinking we can as well create more states in the south,not for its viability but to just counter the power and politics of the North. You see the problem with Nigeria?
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Yorobastard(m): 1:30pm On Aug 28, 2015
DaBullIT:

Impeachment is not a word you just throw out , Study the law and the grounds for impeachment, you'd realize your's is a very Stewpyd post

You are dumb....I have Notin to argue with you....if you know the law of the country you won't post this trash and you would also know that Buhari deserves to be impeached...I will not reply you any longer
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by moshould(m): 1:55pm On Aug 28, 2015
Its allowed, throw me insults as u like...dnt misquote me, im not saying the Other regions can't dO better, wetin i mean be say, if baba choose frm any where, pple go still grumble...shey u don ever see 2 abOki wey dey keep malice or dem dey wish ddem sef bad ? Even if dem dey, dem nO much...them nO greedy like we frm d sOuth, truth is bitter..
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by moshould(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2015
Bros yab me as u like, speak all ur phoneh and vocab, i still stand on my wrd u can say anytin u like to condem them....but i bet u, d average hausa man nO dey wish u dOwnfall...bad belle tOo much 4 south,any where wey d leader wn come frm, no wahala, all we need is gud governance...abeg no yab me again oO, u get ur own OpiniOn, i get my own too
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Yujin(m): 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2015
DaBullIT:
The solution is simple,

Wait for your time which is 2019

Or let your chief of staff , like his predecessor plan another coup and send this country to war

If you can't do either , bury your head in sand and let the man from the North run the country the way he thinks he can

On this one I agree with you. I hate complains and too much talk. Leave buhari to do his thing and plan your own.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by guyXander(m): 3:56pm On Aug 28, 2015
hassan85:
In every tread u comment u show u don't like Nigeria and dt u want it to fail. that's not Opposition. For you and other easterners sharing same view u will fail just like u guys have been failing since 1966. yes u will fail. tell me who among d appointees are not credible or dt are corrupt? bigot. bellow are gejs appointments how many were northerners? useless bigot
Where the hell is the change!
Let's assume his corruption will be worse than Jonathan since he copied Jonathan in that aspect.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Praying In Israel For The 2nd Time (Photos) / EndSARS Protesters Who Kept Vigil In Front Of CBN HQ Under Attack / Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama's Outfit To The National Assembly (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.