Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,443 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

#northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments (64239 Views)

IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu And Others Trend On Twitter As Nigerians Express Concerns. / #PMBFailuresAt2 Trending On Twitter As Nigerians Rate President Buhari / #thelist Trends On Twitter As Nigerians Await Buhari's Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by IamUdo(m): 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2015
I laugh when I read such myopic comments coming from people that can even tell right from left. Answer these questions objectively..... SS/SE had more positions in GEJ administration? True/False. Did y'all complain? YES/NO... How many of those appointees delivered? Now check your own personal life... scroll through your phone book, do you realize that more than 50% are from your ethnic region? Pls allow the man to do his job. There's no time. Thanks
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by blkmum700: 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
Not All Easterners Are Wailers but every Wailer is from the East.

Stop Crying Criticaster
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Emekamex(m): 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2015
SAMATC:

During the last regime nearly all the key positions in the nation were dominated by the southerners and the economy was put in poor state.
You are not being truthful.
The north had the highest representation.
That GEJ selected corrupt southerners doesn't mean all of them are corrupt. They are men of integrity in all regions and not only in the north.
Even if they want to eliminate federal character, it should be done in all aspect including education. I don't want to hear re(t)arded statements like "educationally disadvantaged". Admission into universities should be selected purely based on merit.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by 2kris(m): 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2015
hassan85:
look for urself bigot how many northerners were on Gej list
i can mention more than ten mr
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by agabaI23(m): 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2015
tihi tihi tihi
I laugh in Ezza language
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by wres1: 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2015
Blizzle:
See me see trouble oo. Please let the man complete the appointments before we cry foul that it's skewed. Appointing the SGF, Chief of Staff (a personal appointment) Comptroller General of Customs & Immigration and a few personal aides are hardly a criteria for valid argument of northern favoritism or Nepotism.

PMD will name is full cabinet in a few weeks, if the federal character isn't reflected in that cabinet, then we can protest.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by poseidon12: 11:25pm On Aug 27, 2015
Emekamex:
My own is that northerners shouldn't make noise and kill people as they usually do if a southern president in the future only appoints people from his region in the name of competence.
You bet that they will destroy the country if a southern president does the same thing Buhari is doing.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by mohisi: 11:26pm On Aug 27, 2015
SeverusSnape:
I like what's going on, When we were saying it, they were taking us for granted.

Buhari IS An unrepentant bigoted illiterate and a chauvinistic cow herder, A megalomaniacal extremist.

I read comments of some people saying "As long as they will deliver, no problem". While deep inside them, they are pained by these lopsided appointments. Some of his supporters, especially those from the east and some from the West are already regretting.
Northernization of the country is in progress. Buhari is proving us right, He's as predictable as a goat kept within close range with yam.

...And please no fool should come here and start saying "they are yeebos", Because from the tweets, I see igbos, Yorubas, hausas and other tribes.
did u vote 4 him,u said u dnt wnt APC becos is a boko haram party and nw u wnt 2 be part of boko haram goverment
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by tinsel: 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2015
Honestly, I have been a Buhari supporter and voted for him in all the elections he had contested, but right now I am feeling bad with his appointments. I am not sure what his plans are but time will tell.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by riadrims(f): 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2015
This is Nigeria. A country made up of different ethnic groups. Are you trying to tell us only the northerns have credible, honest and dedicated people that would move this country forward? Even in our support,we should be objective. It is not about buhari,it is about a country called Nigeria,its people and its peace. Thanks

author=ilobasama post=37405428]Nice one and I share your take one this, but nigeria is multi-ethnic and there are also people from other regions that can perform as these ones appointed, if not better. Every system should be balanced and unity driven. [/quote]
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Cyriloha(m): 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2015
DaBullIT:
The solution is simple,

Wait for your time which is 2019

Or let your chief of staff , like his predecessor plan another coup and send this country to war

If you can't do either , bury your head in sand and let the man from the North run the country the way he thinks he can

oboyiii veeexxxx you are not a man I expected you to rise take up and challenge buhha and your here talking it's iyanyaaaa
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Menace2Society(m): 11:34pm On Aug 27, 2015
lincolnj88:
grin according to yorubas a the slaves believes when it comes to appointment only northerners are non corrupt and men of integrity....... Just see how they will call the man who was among the head of the guerilla tribunal who killed ken sari wiwa man of intergrity grin
Omo irankiran!U must be very stupid for the junk u posted here
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by irsakant: 11:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
Hausas championed for Federal Character in 1978 when they couldn't pass to enter varsities. But now,they're saying "merit." Lol
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by poseidon12: 11:35pm On Aug 27, 2015
skywalker495:
Seems dem northeners are d only competent THIEVES in diz zoo...sowi kwantri

Well...since we all voted for diz y d complaints??
Who are the "we"?. I did not vote Buhari. From his past I knew he would be tribalistic in the governance of Nigeria. So I am not surprised.

2 Likes

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Jman06(m): 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2015
The zoo must fall!!!

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Yorobastard(m): 11:39pm On Aug 27, 2015
DaBullIT:
The solution is simple,

Wait for your time which is 2019

Or let your chief of staff , like his predecessor plan another coup and send this country to war

If you can't do either , bury your head in sand and let the man from the North run the country the way he thinks he can

Wat do you mean by wait for 2019....he is supposed to be impeached...if it was Jonathan now you would have been calling for impeachment.... Imagine

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by poseidon12: 11:42pm On Aug 27, 2015
Buhari's tribalism might actually provide an opportunity for progressive minded people to campaign for scrapping of federal character for good. We need to do away with it.

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by jbichene(m): 11:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
bigv:
I'm not a Northerner. But in all sincerity. Buhari has once more proved that he was worth our votes.
You can decide to wallow in 'wailing'. But for the first time key positions (that we have politicised) are given to people with little or no background in politics. Who does that?

All I can pray for is the will for PMB to carry on with his good intentions. You just can't doubt they're good. To think that APC 'bigwigs' Had little or no influence in the selection still amazes me.
When He appointed a southerner to head the NNPC, no one complained o.

P.S I don't care if the appointees are green in their fields of appointment. The 'good' intention is all that matters.
I also don't care if they're all northerners. If 'Nigeria' comes out better for it...good roads, regular power supply...all the dividends of good governance...then to Hell with 'multi-diversity. For once let us THINK AS HUMANS.

If the super eagles team representing us at the world cup, wins the world cup...all consisting of Northerners, I bet we would see it as 'Nigerian team to the world cup'.

Pls be objective if you wanna quote me....else!!
all this your long talk is trash and foolishness. now first its quit obvious that he is tribalistic bcause you cant tell me that in the whole southern nigeria there is no one worthy to recieve buhari's "golden" appiontments , two we all know that nigeria is a bit fragile and not to strain the bond between the tribes of this great country by making one side feel marginalized , when he started i thought he was smart or inteligent ,now i am left to belive he is still the millitary rular who dose not give a f**k about the consiquences of his actions or what his citizens think about his decesion .,he should go to hell with his appiontment, but he should know that to any stupid action like this there will always be a bad reaction in future or present .

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Nobody: 11:46pm On Aug 27, 2015
Frankly speaking PMB is setting wrong precedence in Nigeria governance. Concentrating appointments in one section of Nigeria is not good. Every part of Nigeria is blessed with men and women with good breeds that can handle any job perfectly.

What he is doing might backfire in future. For instance, if a yoruba wins election in next polls and decides to concentrate non ministerial appointments in SW or southern ,let nobody complain. Or Igbo man becomes president in future and toll the line of PMB by making his non ministerial appointments Igbos or southerners, we ll be ready to shout Change. Or South south!. Let us be ready to say "as far as this will bring change, i don't have problem with it" This is a wrong precedence for now which any president could use tomorrow for his or her mischievous mean
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 27, 2015
We are saying the same thing
riadrims:
This is Nigeria. A country made up of different ethnic groups. Are you trying to tell us only the northerns have credible, honest and dedicated people that would move this country forward? Even in our support,we should be objective. It is not about buhari,it is about a country called Nigeria,its people and its peace. Thanks

author=ilobasama post=37405428]Nice one and I share your take one this, but nigeria is multi-ethnic and there are also people from other regions that can perform as these ones appointed, if not better. Every system should be balanced and unity driven.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by poseidon12: 11:58pm On Aug 27, 2015
yongnoble:
All of a sudden, these APC folks are claiming competency is much more important than Federal character. Few months ago, they posted this ad on a national newspaper.

Let's look at the bright side, the federal character law seems to be abolished. I hope this long awaited call for abandoning the 'almighty' federal character that the North has used to rub us of for all these years has come to stay.

What the APC is failing to understand is that within as short while, 4 years would be over and new elections would suffice. Should a southerner win and begin to reciprocate by appointing only 'competent' southerners, they shouldn't cry foul because first to do, e no dey pain....

Don't mind those supporting tribalism by a president. They are actually unwittingly shooting themselves on the foot. The north is inadvertently abolishing federal character. We should play along and ensure that federal character is dead and buried. Buhari will not be president forever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by francizy(m): 12:06am On Aug 28, 2015
sammyj:
Story for the gods as if the southerner if appointed will put money in your pocket. Let the best man do the job!!!

You see your life? So to you now, politics is all about chop I chop? Its no longer about the interest of the country right? If not, why would you make this senseless comment about putting money in one's pocket. I know all you APC goons are either bigoted or paid.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by poseidon12: 12:07am On Aug 28, 2015
dckng16:
Hey peeps, I just got an info from a very reliable and impeccable source that PMB is only keeping us on suspense. Come September 2015 the ministerial list will be balanced, it will be made up of all tribes hausa, yoruba, IBO and other tribes. So the wailing wailers should stop wailing. .
Our constitution requires that each state must produce a minister. So, for the ministerial list, Buhari has no choice but to appoint from every state. So he is not "keeping us on suspense".

1 Like

Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by binzubair(m): 12:08am On Aug 28, 2015
Emekamex:
My own is that northerners shouldn't make noise and kill people as they usually do if a southern president in the future only appoints people from his region in the name of competence.
DO U THINK SUCH MISTAKES WILL EVER REPEAT IT SELF AGAIN?..... make i hear say southerners rule dis country again i go carry leg go sabistar forest go rescue our gals all alive...
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by poseidon12: 12:09am On Aug 28, 2015
sarutobie:
The southern efulefus will be like " as long as they are competent"..naive mumus..only the northerners have competent men abi? but when it comes to school cut off marks and admission they remember federal character? chaii..this is the same way Esau sold his birthright over a bowl of porridge without even being aware..when he realized his mistake it was already late..
Too many naïve people in this country.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by maestroferddi: 12:14am On Aug 28, 2015
bigv:
I'm not a Northerner. But in all sincerity. Buhari has once more proved that he was worth our votes.
You can decide to wallow in 'wailing'. But for the first time key positions (that we have politicised) are given to people with little or no background in politics. Who does that?

All I can pray for is the will for PMB to carry on with his good intentions. You just can't doubt they're good. To think that APC 'bigwigs' Had little or no influence in the selection still amazes me.
When He appointed a southerner to head the NNPC, no one complained o.

P.S I don't care if the appointees are green in their fields of appointment. The 'good' intention is all that matters.
I also don't care if they're all northerners. If 'Nigeria' comes out better for it...good roads, regular power supply...all the dividends of good governance...then to Hell with 'multi-diversity. For once let us THINK AS HUMANS.

If the super eagles team representing us at the world cup, wins the world cup...all consisting of Northerners, I bet we would see it as 'Nigerian team to the world cup'.

Pls be objective if you wanna quote me....else!!
You are not using your faculties well, are you?

You suppose that Buhari is infallible and as such couldn't have predicated his conduct so far on primordial considerations.

So in your warped logic they are no technocrats or non-political materials eligible from the south of the country?

And what does it say about your critical thinking skills that you bought the dummy from a man who couched nepotism and primeval sentiments with the ruse of fighting corruption and instituting accountability?
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by shurlermoz(m): 12:37am On Aug 28, 2015
BuddahMonk:
Ogundamisi is looking for appointment, his friend tolu Ogunlesi was hired by Buhari because of his tweeter handle and the bigot and troll Ogundamisi want to follow the footstep

So because Ogundamisi does not want you to be angry now he should not look for appointment?!

Abi what's wrong in seeking appointment in an administration you campaigned for?
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by shurlermoz(m): 12:39am On Aug 28, 2015
poseidon12:

Our constitution requires that each state must produce a minister. So, for the ministerial list, Buhari has no choice but to appoint from every state. So he is not "keeping us on suspense".

You are wrong bro, it's the governors that foist their candidates on GEJ in return for their support for his Admin.

I dare you to mention the part of the constitution that states this.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by shurlermoz(m): 12:44am On Aug 28, 2015
poseidon12:

Don't mind those supporting tribalism by a president. They are actually unwittingly shooting themselves on the foot. The north is inadvertently abolishing federal character. We should play along and ensure that federal character is dead and buried. Buhari will not be president forever.

PMB hasn't made 10% of his total appointments, why not watch him closely and judge him at the end of it.

He can't deny the support he got from all parts of the country irrespective of how huge or small it is. Secondly, he wouldn't want unnecessary distraction by the tribal brigade, I am sure PMB will favour all parts of the country and I am also sure some parts will be more favoured so don't just get yourself worked up by that, it's only normal.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by mavinc4u(f): 1:06am On Aug 28, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by urchmanx(m): 1:08am On Aug 28, 2015
dckng16:
Hey peeps, I just got an info from a very reliable and impeccable source that PMB is only keeping us on suspense. Come September 2015 the ministerial list will be balanced, it will be made up of all tribes hausa, yoruba, IBO and other tribes. So the wailing wailers should stop wailing. .
That is not balancing of govt because the constitution made it clear that every state must have one person appointed as minister or minister of state. Get your facts right.
Re: #northerners Trends On Twitter As Nigerians React To Buhari's Appointments by ManTiger(m): 1:14am On Aug 28, 2015
sammyj:
Story for the gods as if the southerner if appointed will put money in your pocket. Let the best man do the job!!!
Only a politician will complain about where the appointment goes. Wetin consign common man like me. Just fix the electricity and the all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

EndSARS Protesters Who Kept Vigil In Front Of CBN HQ Under Attack / Nnamdi Kanu Praying In Israel For The 2nd Time (Photos) / Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama's Outfit To The National Assembly (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.