Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding (47225 Views)

Hope Uzodinma's Twin Daughters Wed In Abuja (Photos) / Seized Containers Of Rice Linked To Senator Hope Uzodinma Smuggled As Yeast (Pic / "Hope Uzodinma Infected My Wife With HIV-AIDS" - Godwin Ebubeagu Ekenulo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by livebullet(m): 5:01pm On Aug 29, 2015
Kulas:
Hmm!,19 yrs ago being separated,yet none of u formally did a legal divorce since then?.Two of u are not serious!.Sen. Uzodimma better go back to ur old kpekus,u r looking for fresh sweet under 18 kpekus,u r not serious.
My dear derz no room for divorce in d Church. MARRIAGE IS A LIFE TIME BOND

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by SmartMugu: 5:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Hmmm... The "legally married" wife still want to enjoy wardrobe allowance.
Don't mind her. She wants to be the Senator's wife. She met him when he was broke, left and wants to return when everything is now ripe for him..
I don't believe the man sent her packing. I think she left on her own. Why would a mother leave her 5 kids without at least going to court to fight for custody? That's not mentioned anywhere in the write up. May be she wanted to be single again when they broke up, it happens all the time.
I blame the Senator sha for not properly ending his prior marriage before the new one. That attracts jail time in many countries.
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 29, 2015
You married him when he had nothing because you weren't much yourself; you couldn't find someone above his class; you got pregnant out of wedlock or you loved him (Didn't momma tell you that love alone does not sustain a marriage?), unfortunately none of the reasons explains why he shouldn't move on. It is not a crime to fall out love. he does not love you anymore. The woman should let him be.
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by donbenie(m): 5:13pm On Aug 29, 2015
livebullet:
My dear derz no room for divorce in d Church. MARRIAGE IS A LIFE TIME BOND
BIG Deal,he can have a Traditional Marriage and the whole BROUHAHA will be over..Abi no be Africa we dey?
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by aalangel(f): 5:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
Number one, I don't support the idea of having a second wife. Two, between 1993 and 1996, she had five children. Unless she had twins anyways. Just asking.
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by SmartMugu: 5:17pm On Aug 29, 2015
DinhoMVP:
Interesting...But my question is: If the reverse were to be the case i.e if Mrs Uzodimma were to be the Senator now and Mr. Hope Uzodimma was still just another average Nigerian man seeking to re-marry after their marriage troubles would the wife still try to stop him?

If He wasn't this successful would she still be fighting to have him back after 19years!!!
True. 19 years is not a joke. I'm assuming she probably abandoned her 5 kids for that long. Who knows if she has other kids for someone else afterwards? Now she only talked about the 5 kids she had for the Senator when he was broke. What has she been doing for the past 19 years? Praying to get back with him? How many relationships has she gone through for that period? I wouldn't take such a woman back.
The senator messed up by not ending their union properly though, but what if she was no where to be found?

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 29, 2015
aprokomania:

its easy to spot f00ls who didn't read d story

It's easy to spot a fellow fool!
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Obynolee(f): 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2015
seunmsg:
They've been separated since 1996 if I can still read clearly and she's just coming out now that the senator is about to get married again. Maybe she wants some settlement or what's her motive for all the media noise she's making? The senator should just file for divorce and end the marriage legally. He can afterwards go ahead and marry whoever he so desires.
No court in Nigeria will grant such prayer (divorce), court can only dissolve your traditional marriage but to dissolve marriage contracted in a Catholic church is not possible because of the procedure.
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by timota(m): 5:34pm On Aug 29, 2015
seunmsg:
They've been separated since 1996 if I can still read clearly and she's just coming out now that the senator is about to get married again. Maybe she wants some settlement or what's her motive for all the media noise she's making? The senator should just file for divorce and end the marriage legally. He can afterwards go ahead and marry whoever he so desires.
he can divorce and remarry in the court but not in catholic church
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Seventeen(f): 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2015
EggovinMma:
The marriage will be annulled. The Catholic church made a mistake on this one.

Proud Catholic! cheesy
the marriage hasnt taken place yet. She heard the bannes and raised an objection... So no mistake has bn made yet. smiley.

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Nobody: 5:37pm On Aug 29, 2015
EggovinMma:

Proud Catholic! cheesy
You don't get annulment easily in the Catholic Church. If the marriage wasn't a result of deception or one party didn't enter under free will or soundness of mind you can't get annulment. I'm not speaking for the Church but I don't see the planned wedding in the church going through.
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Tatiyana247: 5:40pm On Aug 29, 2015
This is very unfair, planning to wed another woman after having 5kids with his wife. May God help to reconcile ur Union.

Exclusive Traditional Etibo from # 3500

www.raycom.ng/fashion
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by aprokomania(m): 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2015
EggovinMma:

It's easy to spot a fellow fool!
. . you even agree that you are a f00l. psychiatric case
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Nobody: 5:47pm On Aug 29, 2015
donbenie:
BIG Deal,he can have a Traditional Marriage and the whole BROUHAHA will be over..Abi no be Africa we dey?

Bigamy is still a crime in Nigeria and his wife appears ready for battle.
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by ikp120(m): 5:51pm On Aug 29, 2015
pet4ril:
and what will be your reaction if this is done to any of your female relatives?

You need an award for this thing you said. gringringrin
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by BeardedMeat(m): 6:09pm On Aug 29, 2015
EggovinMma:

Proud Catholic! cheesy
There is no mistake. The second marriage has not taken place yet.

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Austin4lif: 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2015
EggovinMma:

Proud Catholic! cheesy
which mistake?
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by linusbnn(m): 6:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
seunmsg:

The woman is right in all ramifications, until divorced. Sen. Uzodinma knowns what to do b4 taking another to the church
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by anataala: 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2015
he is entitled to marry a second wife bible has not prohibit marrying second wife.
Islie:

http://www.leadership.ng/news/457023/senators-second-marriage-plan-crumbles-as-wife-asks-church-to-stop-wedding
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by InvertedHammer: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2015
/
Granted that Hope Uzodinma's record is bad, but when she sent thugs to eliminate him in Ajao Estate, that's when the marriage ended and she moved back to her family house at Onitsha after release from police detention. It was an amateur job. And like I stated, Hope is not an angel. They are both birds of a feather.

Augusta moved on since. But like every jilted woman, she must rock the boat whenever the sail appears smooth.
\

3 Likes

Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by KMB: 6:38pm On Aug 29, 2015
Keep dreaming
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by ibedun: 6:49pm On Aug 29, 2015
steppin:
As if she's doing it out of love.
Women won't let go, until you have nothing else to offer.

Your head dey there!
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by ibedun: 6:55pm On Aug 29, 2015
chisco82:

If he was was n't so reach and successful, if he is a truck pusher and the woman is supporting him would he have sent her away or thought about marrying another woman?

That's why women like you want your husband to be poor, down and out!
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by charlsecy(m): 6:58pm On Aug 29, 2015
funkybully:
The marriage has hit d bricks, u can't marry twice in Catholic church.
Yes.. provided the original marriage was validly constituted.

Truckpusher:
Quietly get married to the love of your life in the court and let the estranged wife be there mummering
According to the documents presented to LEADERSHIP Weekend by Mrs Uzodinma, the church marriage between her and her husband was performed by Rev. Fr N. C. Onwujiariri at the Maria Assumpta Cathedral Parish, Owerri and signed by the administrator, on 12th April, 1993, while the court’s own was signed at Marriage Registry in Lagos on the 5th day of June, 1996.

steppin:
As if she's doing it out of love.
You mean she should let a man still legally married to her to take another wife?

seunmsg:
They've been separated since 1996 if I can still read clearly and she's just coming out now that the senator is about to get married again. Maybe she wants some settlement or what's her motive for all the media noise she's making?

I suggest you read with a better understanding:

"I have been waiting all this while for him to come to my family so we can settle our differences for me to go back to my marital home but he never did, and we have not divorced. He has kept our five children and prevented them from seeing me all this while and told them I am late while I am alive. He is my only husband. I still love him till tomorrow in spite of my detention at one time by the police and all that I suffered at his instance over time.How can the same Catholic Church, which I know abhors polygamy to the latter, wed him and another woman when our marriage is still valid?"
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by freecocoa(f): 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2015
She just ruined everything by saying that she still loves him.

1 Like

Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Nobody: 7:03pm On Aug 29, 2015
pet4ril:
and what will be your reaction if this is done to any of your female relatives?
When u marry anyhow... nko?
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 29, 2015
freecocoa:
She just ruined everything by saying that she still loves him.
Yes..but it is natural. Crying-inside-benze preference.
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by freecocoa(f): 7:06pm On Aug 29, 2015
kosplateau:

Yes..but it is natural. Crying-inside-benze preference.
She never serious na, make she continue.
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by ijustdey: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
Granted that Hope Uzodinma's record is bad, but when she sent thugs to eliminate him in Ajao Estate, that's when the marriage ended and she moved back to her family house at Onitsha after release from police detention. It was an amateur job. And like I stated, Hope is not an angel. They are both birds of a feather.

Augusta moved on since. But like every jilted woman, she must rock the boat whenever the sail appears smooth.
\

seems you know more about this couple

so, the woman abhors such evils
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by Nobody: 7:16pm On Aug 29, 2015
freecocoa:
She never serious na, make she continue.
haha...once u believe u can't live without a man's wealth...this will happen.
Re: Hope Uzodinma's Second Marriage Plan Crumbles, Wife Asks Church To Stop Wedding by ProfDumbledor(m): 7:21pm On Aug 29, 2015
Very useless Senator. To tink dat dis man represents my zone is a disgrace. An illiterate, womanizer and incompetent senator wo believes money can buy anytin including senatorial seat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians React To President Buhari's 2nd Term Declaration / Before Evil People Say More On Deziani: Quick Irrefutable Facts / Rivers Re-run: Amaechi Came Noisily, Left Quietly — Wike - Vanguard News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.