Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,362 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 PM

Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? (7972 Views)

Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / Nursing Mothers And Intercourse / A Nursing Mothers Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by StrStruck(f): 12:24am On Apr 01, 2009
Would you ever put your parents in a nursing home? Why or why not?
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 01, 2009
Hell No!!!

Go and visit hospice and you'd see how they treat their patients.

Nurses are not what they used to be anymore.

Some of them just go into nursing because of the short length of schooling, so they're barely happy with their job.
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Sissy3(f): 12:30am On Apr 01, 2009
no, i wouldnt cox it is my duty when they are old to take of them cox they did that for me
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by tope2000(f): 12:31am On Apr 01, 2009
St☆rStruck:

Would you ever put your parents in a nursing home? Why or why not?

Hell nah shocked
because they r my parent, they looked after till i was old enuff so why shudnt i look after them wen they are not able 2 look after themselves?
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Sissy3(f): 12:35am On Apr 01, 2009
yes oo, to me i think it is unfair for me to leave them there in the hands of strange and some are even maltreated there.

personally taking care of them when they are old is IMO the greatest reward and thank i can really say to them
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by tope2000(f): 12:37am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

yes oo, to me i think it is unfair for me to leave them there in the hands of strange and some are even maltreated there.

personally taking care of them when they are old is IMO the greatest reward and thank i can really say to them

Well said *applaud for u* wink
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by StrStruck(f): 12:37am On Apr 01, 2009
yeah I heard about some of them being badly treated.
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

You can get a home healthcare nurse to stay with them.

I'm telling you, the Nursing Home sucks!

Atleast at home, your grannies have everything they want wink
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Sissy3(f): 12:41am On Apr 01, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

You can get a home healthcare nurse to stay with them.

I'm telling you, the Nursing Home sucks!

Atleast at home, your grannies have everything they want wink

some of those home care nurse sef are bad, when you go out some beat them angry

so even if i will keep them at home with the home care nurse i will install a surveillance camera in the room cox i dont trust some of those folks
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by uzwu: 12:43am On Apr 01, 2009
How on earth will io do that? This is the time they need me most
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Nobody: 12:44am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

some of those home care nurse sef are bad, when you go out some beat them angry

so even if i will keep them at home with the home care nurse i will install a surveillance camera in the room cox i dont trust some of those folks
You do that, very smart decision.

Better leaving them pining for their grandkids at Hospice where it's frigging cold and smelly
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Nobody: 12:49am On Apr 01, 2009
Sisssy, see as you dey always try to avoid my question. . . .I left you a question on the baby sex thread.
If you're not comfortable with answering it, just let me know.
I assure you, I'd understand smiley wink
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Sissy3(f): 12:51am On Apr 01, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

Sisssy, see as you dey always try to avoid my question. . . .I left you a question on the baby sex thread.
If you're not comfortable with answering it, just let me know.
I assure you, I'd understand smiley wink

no nah, i didnt check the top post. wink

no vex na, i will go and answer it okay kiss kiss
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Nobody: 12:55am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

no nah, i didnt check the top post. wink

no vex na, i will go and answer it okay kiss kiss
LOL thanks.
As you can see, I yearn to learn. . . .my friend once told me that my curiosity would be the end of me someday grin grin tongue
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by OgidiBoy(m): 12:57am On Apr 01, 2009
What if you on a fixed income and your wife is out of work and you live in this tiny two bedroom apartment with 3 kids. And what if your mom is getting social security and can afford one of those lovely Elderly homes, is it still wrong to have her live there till things get better ?
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Sissy3(f): 1:04am On Apr 01, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

LOL thanks.
As you can see, I yearn to learn. . . .my friend once told me that my curiosity would be the end of me someday grin grin tongue

hi, baby i don answer the question oo, check it now cheesy cheesy
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Sissy3(f): 1:06am On Apr 01, 2009
OgidiBoy:

What if you on a fixed income and your wife is out of work and you live in this tiny two bedroom apartment with 3 kids. And what if your mom is getting social security and can afford one of those lovely Elderly homes, is it still wrong to have her live there till things get better ?

nah, i dont think it is wrong cox she is not staying there permanently.
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Hauwa1: 1:07am On Apr 01, 2009
are there nursing homes in nig by the way?

i'd prefer my parents stay in their home and someone come tend to them. but i pray the stay forever strong.
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by osisi2(f): 1:08am On Apr 01, 2009
If they needed the care why not ,if you can pay for it.
Is it better to place your life  and your household on hold to take care of ailing parents when there's care available.
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Hauwa1: 1:10am On Apr 01, 2009
Ogidiboy and Osisi, you are both right there. i think there are some nice homes. not all are bad.

question: would you gent and ladies like to wear diaper in your old age?
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Nobody: 1:11am On Apr 01, 2009
@Sissy,
Thanks babes.

@Hauwa
You be wicked woman o.
Nursing home in Naija?
Kai!!
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by osisi2(f): 1:12am On Apr 01, 2009
OgidiBoy:

Many of these people answering are small girls,college students.
Wait till they're married with a family of their own and a career.
I would have said the same thing 10 years ago
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by osisi2(f): 1:14am On Apr 01, 2009
*Hauwa*:

Ogidiboy and Osisi, you are both right there. i think there are some nice homes. not all are bad.

question: would you gent and ladies like to wear diaper in your old age?

Hauwa what type of question is this? grin
I don't like wearing pads 4 days a month talk less of diapers?
we do it because we have to
In the same way adult diapers are only worn because they are a necessity
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Sissy3(f): 1:15am On Apr 01, 2009
**osisi:

it doesnt always work that way. some people say something and stick to it. when it comes to my parents i dont compromise.
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Nobody: 1:17am On Apr 01, 2009
**osisi:

This may be true, but I can't send my mom to a Nursing Home.
I'd arrange for a home healthcare nurse to stay with her at home
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by DeReloaded: 1:18am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

it doesnt always work that way. some people say something and stick to it. when it comes to my parents i dont compromise.

then how do you intend to be there and also for your own family?
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by osisi2(f): 1:19am On Apr 01, 2009
~Sissy~:

do you think people send their parents to nursing homes because they don't love them?
If you're going to be single forever you can do whatever you want but when you decide to have a family with a husband and children,your parents become secondary.
Your immediate family become your main concern and you can't burden your household with a sick parent altering the whole dynamics of family because you're uncompromising.
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by osisi2(f): 1:23am On Apr 01, 2009
Ebony-Silk:

This may be true, but I can't send my mom to a Nursing Home.
I'd arrange for a home healthcare nurse to stay with her at home

Most caregivers come and go.
will they be trained nurses too?
and the caregiver would take her to the frequent doctor visits and is never expected to go on holidays,quit or call in sick?
do you know how much that costs?
If you (God forbid) had a mother than was stricken with alzheimers,you would keep her at home endangering her and your whole family?
Or you'll have her locked at some corner of your home  with a caregiver (assuming you can afford it) rather than a home where she can interact with fellow patients and receive the care she needs.
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by C2H5OH(f): 1:24am On Apr 01, 2009
Nursing home? That's white pppl sit ain't it?
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Hauwa1: 1:24am On Apr 01, 2009
talking abt diapers, there even men diapers now, i saw it at walmart i was like shocked wetin be this grin
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by Hauwa1: 1:25am On Apr 01, 2009
not only white pple home, black too if they can afford it.
Re: Would You Put Your Parents In A Nursing Home? by osisi2(f): 1:26am On Apr 01, 2009
DeReloaded:

then how do you intend to be there and also for your own family?

Exactly.
they think it's easy
Even your pubic hair will turn grey overnight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Have 2 Lovely Girls But Hubby Want One More Trial For A Male Child / When Your Man Always Sides With His Family. / Pastor Chris' Daughter Rejects Him, Supports Mums On Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.