Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,317 members, 7,826,262 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. (25154 Views)

Why Daddy Freeze's Mockery Of The MFM Pastor Who Died In Church Is Wrong / I Want To Leave My Father's Deeper Life Church. Is It Right? - Pastor's Daughter / My Church Is Aware I’m Member Of Ogboni Confraternity —ogunfuwa, Remo Chief. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by menxer: 10:30am On Aug 30, 2015
So, you mean Paul decides who is fit for God to speak through?
What are we even arguing? That women are incapable of conveying messages from God?
Then "GOD" must be an alien not a spiritual being.grin

inimes:
It is true that GOD is neither Jew nor Gentile,neither circumcised nor uncircumcised,neither male or female, neither slave nor free,for we are all one in Christ Jesus. However,this does not mean that both men and women have gotten equal right. It does not mean that everything men do women should also do. It does not in any way condemn or set aside the Word of God through Paul the Apostle,which says that women must not teach men in the Church. Galatians 3:28 simply means that as many (both men and women) who have received received Christ by faith,got baptized into Christ,and have began living a righteous life,are the sons and daughters of God. It has nothing to do with conflict of right between men and women or Church administration. It simply means no matter who you are or where you come from,once you accept Christ by faith,get baptized into Christ, and dwell in holiness and righteousness, then you become a Son or Daughter of God. Paul the Apostle did not speak vain words. He spoke as he was inspired by the Spirit of God. Those who feel otherwise as regards Paul's injunctions concerning 'teaching' in the Church may be lacking in good understanding or perhaps they are also the false teachers. As Christ is the head of the Church so is the man the head of the woman. The Church is not a place without rules and regulations;it is not a place where people conduct themselves anyhow just because it is a place of liberty,NO. It is a place of decorum, orderliness,modesty and guiding principles. It is a place where people are taught by those with spiritual gift of teaching on how to modify their behaviours to conform with the Word of God. In summary,it is known that certain rules in the Bible are despised by certain teachers or "christians" because such rules do not please them. Like cogently noted by this writer, women have several roles to play in the Church. But they are restricted from teaching the men or exercising authority over them. Like I always say,we are all at liberty to believe whatever we choose to. But let us pray that what we believe will not hinder us from making heaven;let us pray that what we believe will not be used against us on the day of judgment. Happy Sunday and God bless.
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by portable86(f): 10:30am On Aug 30, 2015
haul:

Woman relax, this is not a matter of women being used as sexual object or slaves to do the biddings of thy husbands but what your bible says.

Left to me, I don't have any religion, I've learnt to believe God,trust and have faith in him, worship him, and let my conscience be my guide. Atleast my conscience have been able to tell wrong from right.

I don't need confusion from pastors twisting the books around. I'm not some pastors specimen in a biology laboratory.
The bible is verse and like a two edged sword, that is why everyone of us who calls himself a Christian should pray for the gift of the holy spirit to direct our affairs. We should preach Christ and not doctrine

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Papa5050: 10:36am On Aug 30, 2015
All the commentators here are just mere church goers biblically dey are really allieniated from the truth.it was strictly stated in 1 timothy 2.11.that women must learn in silence not as lording over man.cos i did not create adam cos of eve,bt eve cos of adam.take time to ruminate on dis.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by fireforfire: 10:40am On Aug 30, 2015
Atmmachine:
Religion is the worst scam to humanity.
Fucck Religion

Abeggi ... go find one corner siddon, cross leg, sip ACID jeje.
mtchewwww
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by haul: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2015
freecocoa:
Why are you people acting like the Op hasn't said the truth? That's what the bible instructs.

A misogynistic sh1t of religion and trash book, mschew.

Your atheistsim no get part 2, ahn ahn, relax jor, I think we should all respect eachothers religion and not try to convert anyone.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Nobody: 10:54am On Aug 30, 2015
what av achieved now
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Nobody: 10:55am On Aug 30, 2015
what av achieved now...#walk in.love
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by samsonkjohn: 10:57am On Aug 30, 2015
I agree with you. Its all scam. Fine there is God. Religion is just a study of different courses that as cause division to the world. God, Faith, Prayer, and Love. That's all. But religion as mis interpreted this four facts.
Atmmachine:
Religion is the worst scam to humanity.
Fucck Religion
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by cococandy(f): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2015
Walkopet:
[size=18pt] Wen a soldier punish you finish n com release you to go,......you com climb ur bike and shout ''officer thunder fire you...."
Ur bike no come start again remember the hymn ''Take my
life and let me be''

Happy Sunday!
[/size]
grin
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Nwanna2588: 11:01am On Aug 30, 2015
lekjons:
i believe we'll all know the truth one day(maybe after death)

May God help us to know it now before it will be late
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by pass111(m): 11:09am On Aug 30, 2015
Nwanna2588:

That passage summarises discrimination in the church. Stay on subject. Don't digress.
What about you eat these..

Romans 16:1
I commend to you our sister Phoebe, a servant of the church at
Cenchreae,

Romans 16:3
Greet Prisca and Aquila, my fellow workers in Christ Jesus,(I guess Prisca and Aquila are both male abi)
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Adeoba10(m): 11:10am On Aug 30, 2015
Liberty44:
Eyyyaaa I'm so sorry 4 u
Sorry for yahsef
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Nwanna2588: 11:15am On Aug 30, 2015
etenyong:
Op, thanks for the nice expository on this bible portion. I agree with you 100% that women doesn't have authority over men in the church. But in some churches today women are pastors, Rev. bishops etc. The pastors of today will not like to direct their lessons to such portions in d bible.
Am glad that the church I attend, we are guide by the bible doctrine and we practise according to doctrine of christ

Tell us the church. You may save a soul doing it.
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by etenyong(m): 11:26am On Aug 30, 2015
Nwanna2588:

Tell us the church. You may save a soul doing it.
I attend Church of Christ. For further enquiry about the doctrine of my church, pls feel free to send mail.
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by mdanny: 11:38am On Aug 30, 2015
Truth is bitter keep on defending false pastor until u landed in ur grave. What God has cursed no man bless
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by mdanny: 11:39am On Aug 30, 2015
Truth is bitter keep on defending false pastor until u landed in ur grave. What God has cursed no man can bless
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by EazyMoh(m): 11:55am On Aug 30, 2015
Later they will come here to insult Islam say it enslaves women. Almost all good aspects Christianity can be found in Islam in a more realistic and logical manner, because the true religion of Jesus, Moses, Abraham, Isaacs, David etc (A.S.) was Islam.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by musicwriter(m): 11:56am On Aug 30, 2015
@softapples.

Do not take everything you read in the bible literally. Who told you the bible underates women?. Many women like Esther, Mary Magdalene, Ruth, e.t.c together with men made the bible possible.

And this's coming when my present philosophy on this and similar topic is that we should give more power to women. Men has dominated world events for ages and as everybody knows, men have led nations to war, enslaved other nations, built atomic bombs to destroy the weak. Men have led the world to a place of competition and greed, starvation, poverty, unhappiness, crime, fear, pollution, war, misery. Name them!.

Man's domination of world affairs have been a disaster.

It's time to try women. We need to check out what women domination of the world would be like. Totally in support of that.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by lekjons(m): 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
Nwanna2588:

May God help us to know it now before it will be late
Amen oo
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by linusbnn(m): 12:03pm On Aug 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
Gift of prophecy , anyone can have this ,female or male, because it is a GIFT ,and when a female possessed this Gift ,she should not ASUME authority over the man.

Act 2:18
Even on my servants, both men and
women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

If we say women are to be quite In church, does it mean women are not even allow to pray or sing ? NO.I believe women are allow to teach and preach but not to hold an authoritative leadership role over the men in the church.

When a woman is the head pastor nd founder,what other authoritative position will the men have over her?
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by EazyMoh(m): 12:09pm On Aug 30, 2015
maputohq:
Xtian R Confused Folks. By D Way, Im A Christian.
God Created Man To B Ova D Woman But For Feminism Nd Oda Shit. Learn From The Muslims, Though I Hate Them.
Funny but true. but why the hate nah?
Muslims don't hate Christians, infact they have a special place in Islam.
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by EazyMoh(m): 12:11pm On Aug 30, 2015
menxer:
So, you mean Paul decides who is fit for God to speak through?
What are we even arguing? That women are incapable of conveying messages from God?
Then "GOD" must be an alien not a spiritual being.grin

I don't get it I thought was speaking for God when he wrote 2/3rd of the Bible.
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by freecocoa(f): 12:13pm On Aug 30, 2015
haul:

Your atheistsim no get part 2, ahn ahn, relax jor, I think we should all respect eachothers religion and not try to convert anyone.

And how am I trying to convert anyone? What is your definition of respect? Have I said anything that's not the truth?
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Adaeze003(f): 12:21pm On Aug 30, 2015
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent”

Emphasis on the word "I". Now who is the "I"? Apostle Paul or God?
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 30, 2015
Adaeze003:
"I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent”

Emphasis on the word "I". Now who is the "I"? Apostle Paul or God?

I thought he was speaking with the spirit of God. If you refuse to believe that you should be ready to refute every other things he prescribed?
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by menxer: 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
EazyMoh:

I don't get it I thought want peaking for God when he wrote 2/3rd of the Bible.

That 2/3 of his writings are in the Bible, as you know it, does not mean that is all to it.

If the writings of Paul as contained in the Bible is the sum total of God's word, then Christians of all men are most miserable.

If we are all equal before God, does it not include women?
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Adaeze003(f): 12:33pm On Aug 30, 2015
oreos:

I thought he was speaking with the spirit of God. If you refuse to believe that you should be ready to refute every other things he prescribed?

Do you know that in some instances Apostle Paul himself acknowledged that he was speaking from his own understanding?

The Spirit of God in him is not different from the one in US today. This was the same thing Jesus complained about, we leave the important things and hold on to the least important. What harm will a woman do if she teaches?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by malvisguy212: 12:37pm On Aug 30, 2015
linusbnn:

When a woman is the head pastor nd founder,what other authoritative position will the men have over her?
in a world were everyone is in full control of his or her own freewill, human are bound to go against the word of God, listen, it is God himself who appoint His servant , God will not gives leadership to the women, why ?
1 Timothy 2:13–14
13 For Adam was formed first, then
Eve; 14 and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

If you allow the scripture to do the interpretation through the spirit you will under what verse 13-14 is talking about.
God created Adam first and then created Eve to be a “HELPER” for Adam. The oder of creation has universal application of the church and family.

The text is very clear, women are not allow to have spiritual authority over men because the woman was deceive. In a church were woman is the leader mean they are going against the commandment of God.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Shegricho: 12:41pm On Aug 30, 2015
Don't forget DEBORAH was a judge in Israel,
And again, that was apostle Paul's method concerning the situation surrounding him then.
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 30, 2015
softapples:
The Word of God proclaims, “A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent” ( 1 Timothy 2:11–12). In the church, God assigns different roles 2 men and women. This is a result of the way mankind was created and D way in which sin entered the world ( 1 Timothy 2:13–14). God, through the apostle Paul, restricts women from serving in roles of teaching and/or having spiritual authority over men. This precludes women from serving as pastors over men, which definitely includes preaching to them, teaching them publicly, and exercising spiritual authority over them.
There are many objections to this view of women in pastoral ministry. A common one is that Paul restricts women from teaching because in the first century, women were typically uneducated. However, 1 Timothy 2:11–14 nowhere mentions educational status. If education were a qualification for ministry, then D majority of Jesus’ disciples would not be qualified.

Big fool like u. It's obvious u are Satan inspired. Mehn get the Bleep outta here goat.
Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by lomprico(m): 12:43pm On Aug 30, 2015
busuyem:
OP just preached heresy due to the ignorance of the background knwledge of the quotations he made. Many wrong teachings in the church 2day...may God open the eyes of our understanding.
Elaborate on the passage so that we will get what paul really mean. So that the likes of the op wont preach "heresy" again.

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Women Preaching In The Church Is Not Biblical And Its Forbidden. by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 30, 2015
malvisguy212:
Gift of prophecy , anyone can have this ,female or male, because it is a GIFT ,and when a female possessed this Gift ,she should not ASUME authority over the man.

Act 2:18
Even on my servants, both men and
women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy.

If we say women are to be quite In church, does it mean women are not even allow to pray or sing ? NO.I believe women are allow to teach and preach but not to hold an authoritative leadership role over the men in the church.

So what will now happen to women pastors? Is it a sin they are preaching the gospel and praying for people even men!?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Choristers Refuse To Attend Member's Burial Because He Owed Choir Dues / Meet A Nairalander's 3 Classmates Who Were Ordained Catholic Deacons(pics). / The Difference Between The Soul And The Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.