Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. (30892 Views)

Most Politicians Guilty Of False Assets Declaration – Okunrounmu / Okunrounmu: 'Buhari Tricked Tinubu To Get Power Back To North' / Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Obanz2(f): 8:59am On Aug 31, 2015
scofieldsimba:
Well said sir!
It was a case of hearing the voice of Jacob and touching the body of Esau.

Introvert and LadyF slept off and .... Am here.

Now I believe that you must be totally jobless to achieve this trophyless feat.

A blessed week to all the men of honor and dignity in this our Nairaland Community. Amen
na only men waka come nairaland abi?
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by oofiliaaron(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2015
ebamma:

At least, I now sleep and wake with nepa light, if that is not an improvement, what is?
Oga, GEJ is still the reason why you now sleep and wake up with light. GEJ fixed the power sector so don't give the credits to GMB because he is yet to do nothing in the power sector.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by hansad: 9:08am On Aug 31, 2015
dridowu:
When i was voting GEJ in 2011 , where were you ? I am not pleased with GEJ governance so i join hands with others to send him back to Otuoke , if by 2019 Buhari does not perform to my expections then he will retire at his Daura home. So my brother i am not like you that vote base on sentiment of party, tribe, religion, friends e.t.c i vote with my conscience

Lol, this one doesn't understand that even if Buhari performs abysmally bad, so long as the north wants Buhari for second term, at least to protect the political structure that benefits northern politicians most, there is nothing, including his votes that can stop Buhari from coming back for second term. Nigeria's skewed and fraudulent political structure guarantees him that.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 31, 2015
Louislewis:
[size=18pt]The implication of Buhari's appointment that youths from the South seem not to recognize is, as the appointment is lopsided, that is how job opportunities/privileges will also be lopsided. The youths of the South will suffer it. [/size]

Especially SW youths

Let them keep deceiving themselves that Buhari is a nationalist cool

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Gwin82(m): 9:09am On Aug 31, 2015
kossyablaze:
Ogogoro at work
person no fit spk him mind again if him no take ogogoro abi? Shege banxa wawa nama akuya.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Nobody: 9:11am On Aug 31, 2015
oofiliaaron:

Oga, GEJ is still the reason why you now sleep and wake up with light. GEJ fixed the power sector so don't give the credits to GMB because he is yet to do nothing in the power sector.

Don't mind the illiterate cool
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Akinz0126(m): 9:11am On Aug 31, 2015
If ologundudu happened to be alive uptill now I believe he would campaign for baba Nevertheless the people who constitute its cabinet.Well the youth of today don't know why most of our fathers are complaining about buhari marginalising the south west.What an elderly man can see while standing.Even if we(Youth) climb kilimanjaro we can't see it.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Gwin82(m): 9:16am On Aug 31, 2015
LongPennis:
Even Tinubu has his regrets now so also several nairalanders like Ngeneukwenu and Beremx but pride won't let them admit it.

2015 was entirely a Northern agenda and sensing that Igbos are too smart to be gullible, the Northerners resorted to the Yorubas to achieve it.

SWesterners, through their media power helped with the necessary propaganda and today, many of them are biting their fingers.

Thank God I have just acquired Cotonou citizenship so Wetin "consai" me. undecided
if u like acqure yankee own na ur own cup ov tea. Nigeria wll b good better BEST

1 Like

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Charly68: 9:17am On Aug 31, 2015
Baba Okunrounu should tell us what the Yorubas benefitted from Obasanjo & Goodluck Jonathan Govt..how many roads were tared within this period..these people just used our collective good will to get positions. They don't care much about collective interest..but when it does not pay them they shout maginazation like the Niger Deltans
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by intrepid: 9:19am On Aug 31, 2015
grin grin grin angry grin grin

1 Like

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by dridowu: 9:19am On Aug 31, 2015
Johnsinia:

Go and read ur first statement, in summary, u said u will continue to be a slave whether or nt the duara lord perform.
ds is my initial quote unedited
dridowu:
I am a Yoruba to the core, i will never regret voting Buhari . If the opportunity present itself again , i will do it. Senator Femi Okorounmu is only talking his own because he is a politician, he knows that if GEJ won the 2nd term he will be given a post but as at now no post for him.
#SaiBuhari
i know your point is the bolded part, what i meant is that if it is against GEJ again, i will keep on voting Buhari.
Yes i am a slave to my conscience, my conscience tells me not to vote base on race, tribe, party, religion, gender e.t.c but to vote on who will lead the country to greatness.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by simpleseyi: 9:23am On Aug 31, 2015
DeRoyalFranco:
Very sure... There is a yoruba man called Jagaban. He supported Buhari through out the campaign morally and financially.. As at now, over 30 appointments goes to North, few to part of the east and ZERO to the yoruba's south west.. Sai Baba!

FIRS made about 4.8 Trillion naira for the government last year. Now a Lagosian who is also Tinubu boy is now leading FIRS. Now tell me, is Tinubu winning or losing? Better keep you mouth shut. Senator Okunrunmu is a Wailing Wailer, let him and others continue wailing. Senator Okunrunmu and other Yoruba losers including Ohanaeze, South South Poeple's Assembly, Ijaw Youth Council, Nigeria Millitant Association, Oodua People's Congress and other nonentities all queue behind Goatluck Jonascam, but the Jagaban, Rotimi Amaechi, Rochas Okorocha were behing Buhari. Can you now understand the adage that one with God is a majority. Buhari is a president today because God is with him, you have 8 years (2 * 4 years) to wail and cry.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by hansad: 9:26am On Aug 31, 2015
IzonOwei:
all i clamor for is true federalism...let my fellow niger deltans benefit fully from crude oil proceeds, sea port activities and agriculture...the north can rule nigeria forever if they like... angry angry angry

For True Federalism?
You ask for the impossible thing to happen.

The 36 states+Abuja political structure was created by northern soldiers to favour north which does not have oil. Three senators are drawn from each state.
Therefore, True and Fiscal Federalism or regional government system can never pass through as law in Nigeria's National Assembly. Because north can never vote for it.

Can you fight war to effect true and fiscal federalism to enable Nigerdelta get more from oil? Not likely.

First step towards return to True and Fiscal Federalism or regional government system is to restructure the existing rigged political structure for equitable political representation between the north and south of Nigeria.
After that, it becomes easy to obtain a yes vote in the National Assembly to return true and fiscal federalism or regional government system to Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by ibisko04: 9:28am On Aug 31, 2015
What is it about appointing a Yoruba or Igbo man to any particular position in government.
Even when my cousin was in government, not much was benefited from his reign, either we his extended family or the community.
The only benefit was whenever he is around in the village, there are noise makers around him.
With the little time I have grown to know my left from my right, I have known that government is not by having your kinsmen in power before you can benefit.
What I am expecting from this government is a policy that will make a good change in the lives of the people of Nigeria.
Let there be good policy with tenacious implementation to bring relief to the way we live in Nigeria.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by richey2(m): 9:32am On Aug 31, 2015
We will not,let us wait and see what GOD will use him to do for us in this country generally not yoruba alone
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 31, 2015
hansad:

For True Federalism?
You ask for the impossible thing to happen.

The 36 states+Abuja political structure was created by northern soldiers to favour north which does not have oil. Three senators are drawn from each state.
Therefore, True and Fiscal Federalism or regional government system can never pass through as law in Nigeria's National Assembly. Because north can never vote for it.

Can you fight war to effect true and fiscal federalism to enable Nigerdelta get more from oil? Not likely.

First step towards return to True and Fiscal Federalism or regional government system is to restructure the existing rigged political structure for equitable political representation between the north and south of Nigeria.
After that, it becomes easy to obtain a yes vote in the National Assembly to return true and fiscal federalism or regional government system to Nigeria.

like you said the north wont so why should any south westerner or any south south person ever align with the north knowing they would never see or effect true and fiscal federalism...this is why for every time with our votes the north should forever be sidelined so that nigeria can gain sanity...now they have overwhelmed the government... angry angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by prof22(m): 9:36am On Aug 31, 2015
Baba na OGUN go kill you, u ds useless agbaya. Oleeee see him mouth like tea spoon. all u ds old fools were enjoying the corruption infested government .Na tipper go kill you for lagos ibadan express way, I dey vex gidigan !
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:37am On Aug 31, 2015
Goke7:
All those saying that we will regret voting Buhari are just playing to the Gallery and very high on kunu. Let me give an example here:

There is this mobil filling station I normally buy fuel from at the so called N87 per litre, sometimes I just take a 10 litre jerry can to just buy for my generator, normally when I buy N1000, it doesn't fill up the can, but I was shocked when on Saturday I bought at the same filling station, the same jerry was already filled up to the brim before the metre got up to N900, this means the station has been defrauding customers all the while but because of the recent clampdown of DPR on stations who defraud customers, the filling stations are already sitting up. many filling stations don't even have fuel but there are no queue anywhere and the demand for fuel keeps reducing because of improvement in power supply, even diesel is now being sold for N110. I work in Apapa and the traffic has improved as the all the excesses of the conatainers and tankers drivers have been checked to a reasonable limit.

Okorounmu or whatever your name is, you and your family can go to hell. we now Know who the real enemies of Nigeria are which includes you and your God forsaken generation.
Change is here. Attendants at filling stations are now afraid of taking "egunje" from people buying with jerrycans.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by freshdude99(m): 9:38am On Aug 31, 2015
dridowu:
When i was voting GEJ in 2011 , where were you ? I am not pleased with GEJ governance so i join hands with others to send him back to Otuoke , if by 2019 Buhari does not perform to my expections then he will retire at his Daura home. So my brother i am not like you that vote base on sentiment of party, tribe, religion, friends e.t.c i vote with my conscience
Story for the gods...
Meanwhile jaming my shakiti bobo cheesy

1 Like

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 31, 2015
hansad:

Wake up from slumber - if you are from the south of Nigeria.

When implemented , the recommendations of the last CONFAB must provide equitable political representation for all regions of Nigeria, including the Yoruba. That's what was behind the CONFAB.

If the current 36 states+Abuja political structure is sustained, all the south of Nigeria must continue to be like a mere attachment to the north of Nigeria.
Land mass has never been used in any true federation as criterion to generate new political structures - states, regions, provinces.

For example, it's not possible for the large US states of California or Texas to be divided into say, six states each, while other smaller states are divided into two, with new and equal political representation drawn up from the states. But that's exactly like what northern soldiers did in states creation in Nigeria which created a super-political class in the north which owns Nigeria.

As three senators are drawn from each state, this way, the far north with its satellite northern states shall continue to dictate who any major political party shall present as presidential candidate in Nigeria's elections, for the electorate to merely ratify with votes as president.
This way, the worst of leaders may continue to emerge to lead Nigeria.

Anyhow, Nigerians cannot allow President Buhari to just sit on the recommendations of the last CONFAB. Or is Buhari a military dictator?
that confab must be looked into and effected if we ever want to see the light of day in this country..buhari can fight corruption but he should also ensure recommendations from the confab are effected to further make nigeria normal...

1 Like

Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by mediachirps(m): 9:48am On Aug 31, 2015
courage54:
Am a proud Niger-delta man and am proud to be among the team that voted for the emancipation of our dear country from the hands of a clueless president.

Note!!!

WE ARE NIGER-DELTANS AND NOT BIAFRA
do you have a father? If you do ask him about his lineage.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Candyrain(m): 9:50am On Aug 31, 2015
pleiades45:
listen here, this issue of filling buharis positions is not a matter of capability. there are capable people in all the tribes in nigeria. there are capable ndigbo as well as there are capable yorubas. its not an issue of capability. its an issue of CAN THIS CAPABLE PERSON BE TRUSTED ? its an issue of trust. and i can tell you that buhari will be st-upid employing any igbo man or many yoruba because these are two of the most corrupt tribes in nigeria. the igbo most especially

How so? Just as a certain Sarduna said "that if you employ an Igbo man as a labourer, just within a year he'll be in charger" is that why the Igbos shouldn't be trusted? If you say the yorubas ain't to be trusted well that's your problem, you can speak for your people but for the Igbos, sorry you can't do that.

You are the one with Igbos in your mouth, I think you should take your own advise and leave the Igbos alone. The OP never mentioned anything Igbo.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by BabaO2: 9:52am On Aug 31, 2015
For once i agreed with Senator Femi Okurounmu, though Jonathan apologist. Femi Adeshina should please keep quite on this issue.

“The change the APC was talking about meant two different things. The APC in the North saw change as an opportunity to return power to the region while those in the South-West were looking for genuine social change. At the end, the North just used the South-West to get into Aso Rock and now we are regretting it.”

The President’s spokesperson, Mr. Femi Adesina, had said Buhari would balance the lopsided appointments very soon.

However, Okunrounmu said all the important appointments had already been made.

He noted that no other appointment could be more powerful than the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.

He said, “Look at the power configuration in Nigeria today; there are three arms of government: The executive, the legislature and the judiciary. The executive is headed by Buhari who is a northerner; the two arms of the legislature which are the Senate and the House of Representatives, are headed by northerners: Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara, respectively.

“The Chief Justice, Mahmoud Mohammed, who heads the judiciary, is also a northerner. So, the entire government is completely in the hands of northerners.”
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by kclint85(m): 9:54am On Aug 31, 2015
why r u pple crying, is just 100 days the evil days has not come yet u pple ve not seen anything u pple were supporting him just 2 wicked the South South/South east now we will see who will cry ndonuoooo
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by ayokellany: 9:57am On Aug 31, 2015
calebo101:
[b]They're already regretting. Most of the vocal ones I know have suddenly become docile. Shame nor let some talk. They put up lame defence like "as long as Buhari performs".. undecided.

While the South is waiting for performance and change as they say, the North has already gotten their change and they're consolidating on it, securing their future and political grip on the country.

Sad but true, Tinubu might just have sold the Yorubas to slavery. How long it will last is what's not known yet. What was he bloody expecting aligning with Buhari?

If Tinubu is as astute as some imply, he would have brought out Fashola or someone else and sell his candidate. Not standing behind an already known Nothern figure and act as a war chest. Now I really believe Yinka Odumakin who aptly described Tinubu as one who plays Ludo in Lagos and couldn't understand the Chess game played in Abuja.

Even CBN governor and NNPC GMD are headed by Delta Igbos. As it's turning out to be I'm sure at the end of the day the political juggernauts from the South West will discover Jonathan was a better deal!
[/b]
[size=18pt]Igbos and noise making. Who cursed you guys for God sake ? [/size]
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by malonephill(m): 10:01am On Aug 31, 2015
olasmith10:
Let the best man get d Job... ethnicity shouldn't override capability and integrity!
And you think there is no best man in sw/ss/se than can do the job more than northerner buhari appointted? So what you saying is sw or se don't have integrity or are not capable for SGF.

Dunno when yoruba's will stop slavery to hausa's undecided
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by Candyrain(m): 10:04am On Aug 31, 2015
dedugbaa:

Fellow country man,the question to ask will the person appointed perform not where he is from,Nigeria will only develop when we de- emphasize tribalism.I love all people of all tribe and religion equally because am a Christian that is what Christ taught me.

In a multi-ethnic nation like Nigeria and with a constitution that supports federal character in government, why is it that only one region appears to be capable and can perform? I'm not trying to be a tribalist here brother.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by nicedk: 10:07am On Aug 31, 2015
appointment or no appointment, all what we need is good governance,we don't want appointment in s/w , all we want is social infrastructure, i.e constant light to run our moribund Ikeja Industrial Estate and some other companies in S/w , good road, good rial system etc. Appointment enrich individual and infrastructure enrich the poor masses . all the appointments GEJ gave Igbo there is noting to show for it in the life of the people in S/E rather it was individual that looted our treasury and move the money to their foreign account. so Baba Oku Roumuje leave Yoruba Alone , we know those of you that were working against the interest of yoruba during GEJ era for your own personal pocket. never again will people like you mislead the Yoruba people again. Tinubu Is my Hero , God will give him Good health and long life to take us to the promise land. Amen in Jesus name.
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by badmantin(m): 10:18am On Aug 31, 2015
If Yoruba don't who will?
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by litetias(m): 10:18am On Aug 31, 2015
That's his personal opinion anyway.

Very affordable 3 bedroom, 2 bedroom and self-contain apartments in conducive environs in Warri is available for rent.

Just 1 yr upfront payment (Instead of the 2 years most landlords collect).

Contact me via my signature
Re: Yoruba’ll Regret Voting Buhari – Okunrounmu. by pleiades45: 10:19am On Aug 31, 2015
Candyrain:

How so? Just as a certain Sarduna said "that if you employ an Igbo man as a labourer, just within a year he'll be in charger" is that why the Igbos shouldn't be trusted? If you say the yorubas ain't to be trusted well that's your problem, you can speak for your people but for the Igbos, sorry you can't do that.

You are the one with Igbos in your mouth, I think you should take your own advise and leave the Igbos alone. The OP never mentioned anything Igbo.
i can speak for your tribe. the lust for money is legendary in your tribe. you will rather get killed in indonesia pushing drugs than do a honest days work. so we are supposed to trust you with billions ? the way we trusted diezani ? ok. that your kleptomaniac igbotic queen diezani stole 20 billion dollars. you can feed the whole world for 3 days with that amount she stole for herself

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

We Never Supported Saraki's Emergence As Senate President:pdp Senators / Israel: Christian Leaders Accuse Buhari Of Taking Sides With Palestine / Osinbajo Commissions Shoemaking Facility In Ogbunike, Anambra state(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.