Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (163) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (410258 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Ellaisaqueeen(f): 1:00pm On Aug 02, 2023
Good afternoon, please does anyone have a link where I can download Msword.exe
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Pinkeyes: 1:18pm On Sep 11, 2023
My Computer is making a buzzing sound when shutdown but it stops when is turned on plus it charges my phone to. Please 🙏 any help?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by pat077: 1:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
having issues with my chrome browser since morning, this is the response i have been getting , what do i do to fix this pls

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 4:03pm On Sep 13, 2023
pat077:
having issues with my chrome browser since morning, this is the response i have been getting , what do i do to fix this pls

What OS are you using? Online complaints seem to come from users of outdated Windows.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by pat077: 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
aieromon:

What OS are you using? Online complaints seem to come from users of outdated Windows.
windows 10. yes, its outdated but i have been using it like that for long. what shld i do now?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 6:39pm On Sep 13, 2023
pat077:
windows 10. yes, its outdated but i have been using it like that for long. what shld i do now?

Reinstall the Chrome browser.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by pat077: 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2023
aieromon:

Reinstall the Chrome browser.
I have done that it's still same
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 7:06pm On Sep 13, 2023
pat077:
I have done that it's still same

Downgrade to Google Chrome version 116.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by pat077: 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2023
aieromon:

Downgrade to Google Chrome version 116.

I shld download this version right? It was working fine untill I click on upgrade this morning
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2023
pat077:
I shld download this version right? It was working fine untill I click on upgrade this morning

That seems to be the only working option for now.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by pat077: 7:49pm On Sep 13, 2023
aieromon:

That seems to be the only working option for now.
do u know where I can download this version?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 9:57pm On Sep 13, 2023
pat077:
do u know where I can download this version?

Hard to get. You might need to download Chromium in the meantime while Google works on a fix.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by pat077: 10:52am On Sep 14, 2023
aieromon:

Hard to get. You might need to download Chromium in the meantime while Google works on a fix.
I downloaded the Chromium but don't know why it's not installed
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 11:17am On Sep 14, 2023
pat077:
I downloaded the Chromium but don't know why it's not installed

Try updating your Visual C+ package. This might be the reason why Chrome browser is unable to run properly.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by pat077: 1:05pm On Sep 14, 2023
aieromon:

Try updating your Visual C+ package. This might be the reason why Chrome browser is unable to run properly.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/windows/latest-supported-vc-redist?view=msvc-170
will try that when I'm with my laptop. Shld I download the x86 or x64 version?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 1:12pm On Sep 14, 2023
pat077:
will try that when I'm with my laptop. Shld I download the x86 or x64 version?

Preferably x64. It will work on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by pat077: 8:16am On Sep 15, 2023
aieromon:

Preferably x64. It will work on both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
I have been able to fix it by uninstalling the Chrome and downloaded an older version thru a link I saw online. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 10:40am On Sep 15, 2023
pat077:
I have been able to fix it by uninstalling the Chrome and downloaded an older version thru a link I saw online. Thanks.

Great.

Disable updates for now until the bug is fixed.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by pat077: 11:35am On Sep 15, 2023
aieromon:

Great.

Disable updates for now until the bug is fixed.
I try locate it but can't find. It does not auto-date, I was the one that tried to updated b4 the issue
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2023
pat077:
I try locate it but can't find. It does not auto-date, I was the one that tried to updated b4 the issue

👍
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Theyoungmaster(m): 11:40pm On Sep 17, 2023
My HP Folio is acting strange. It will clock a year just next month.

When i got the PC, i was comfortably enjoying 6hours battery back-up. In the past 1 week, I observed the battery doesn't last as long as it used to. Yesterday, the system went off at just 20+ percent. I thought twas just a one-off. Just tonight, it went off at 36%! Now, I have plugged in the charger, yet the battery reads 0%! It's been over 20mins!

I'm confused. What could be the issue? How do i rectify this problem?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 11:56pm On Sep 17, 2023
Theyoungmaster:
My HP Folio is acting strange. It will clock a year just next month.

When i got the PC, i was comfortably enjoying 6hours battery back-up. In the past 1 week, I observed the battery doesn't last as long as it used to. Yesterday, the system went off at just 20+ percent. I thought twas just a one-off. Just tonight, it went off at 36%! Now, I have plugged in the charger, yet the battery reads 0%! It's been over 20mins!

I'm confused. What could be the issue? How do i rectify this problem?

Battery cells are weak. You should plan towards getting a replacement.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Theyoungmaster(m): 12:06am On Sep 18, 2023
aieromon:

Battery cells are weak. You should plan towards getting a replacement.

It's barely a year boss.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 12:20am On Sep 18, 2023
Theyoungmaster:

It's barely a year boss.

Run a battery health test on CMD and post the results.

At the command prompt, type powercfg /batteryreport, then press Enter. The battery report will be an HTML file that's stored in a folder on your PC. The file location will be shown in the Command Prompt window.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Theyoungmaster(m): 12:52am On Sep 18, 2023
aieromon:

Run a battery health test on CMD and post the results.

The rest info are too long to be screenshot

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by aieromon(m): 7:23am On Sep 18, 2023
Theyoungmaster:
The rest info are too long to be screenshot

Battery is solid. It might be a driver issue. Is it charging now?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Theyoungmaster(m): 7:45am On Sep 18, 2023
aieromon:

Battery is solid. It might be a driver issue. Is it charging now?

I tried all i could to make it charge last night with no result. Uninstalled and re-installed Microsoft ACPI, drained the reserve power. Kolewerk.

I sha removed the battery and let it rest till some hours. tried again and it's charging now.

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Theyoungmaster(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2023
Theyoungmaster:

I tried all i could to make it charge last night with no result. Uninstalled and re-installed Microsoft ACPI, drained the reserve power. Kolewerk.

I sha removed the battery and let it rest till some hours. tried again and it's charging now.

PC just went off again at 42% and has remained at 0%.

Please i need help!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Theyoungmaster(m): 12:25pm On Sep 20, 2023
Theyoungmaster:

PC just went off again at 42% and has remained at 0%.

Please i need help!

Engineers in the house,

Please I need clarity. I took this PC to engineer, after checking through it, he found out that the issue is the charging IC, not the battery. He's saying changing the charging IC is a 50/50 probability. That the system might come on, it might not come on again. I'm confused.

(1) (2) (3) ... (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.