Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,308 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) - Computers (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) (408612 Views)

Biko!! Has Anybody Gotten The Windows10 Creators Update / Post All Laptops And Gadgets Related Problems For Quick Response And Solutions / Common Issues After Installing Windows 10 And Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 10:59am On Apr 04, 2018
Razak5:

Windows 10 right?
yea bro... any solution?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Razak5(m): 10:24pm On Apr 04, 2018
elvischukie:
yea bro... any solution?

Yeah, a working solution.
Well, if you are not always bored with long tutorials then lests ride... It worked for 2 other people in this forum. My response to their request goes thus:

Hello
Before I go ahead with my suggestions, chances are

1 . You've tried the "turn on metred connection" and you probably didn't find it... ;DNo! I'm so sure you didn't find it

2. You've also "disabled" auto-updates. Why is the word, disabled in quotes? Because that main download still goes on in win 10.

*let's now move on...

You're going to try one last thing- [b] tweaking the registry[b/]

So, here we go >

Press Win key+R > in the run box (I need a better name grin), type "regedit" without the quotes. This opens the registry editor.

In the registry editor, Navigate this path:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\DefaultMediaCost

Right click "DefaultMediaCost key" > select "Permissions" > this takes you to the security tab.

On the security tab, click "advanced" button. Click the "change" button next to "Trustedinstsller".

In the "enter object name" box, type Administrators, click the "Check Names" button to make sure you're typing the correct object.Click OK.

On the "Advanced Security Settings for DefaultMediaCost" , check the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"Click Apply > OK.

On "Permissions for DefaultMediaCost" , select the "Administrators group" , be sure to check the "allow Full Control" box . click Apply > OK.

On the DefaultMediaCost key, there are different entries, including those for 3G, 4G, Default, Ethernet, and WiFi with their default data values: 1 or 2.

data value 1 means that the connection type is non-metered,
data value of 2 means that the connection type is metered.
Double-click the Ethernet DWORD (32-bit) Value key, and change the value to 2.

*Do same for Wi-Fi.
>>>restart your laptop <<<

This explanation I just gave is from an article on windowscentral treating the same issue. I must say it saved a lot of my Internet data.

So before you contemplate a downgrade, consider this registry tweak.

*If you still experience huge data consumption after the above tweak, then you can go ahead with your downgrade...

To downgrade, you'll need a copy of Windows on DVD or flash drive.

Ofourse, to create a bootable DVD or flash go here:

https://www.poweriso.com/tutorials/how-to-make-win7-bootable-usb-drive.htm

Then here's how to format to win 8:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-clean-install-windows-8-or-8-1-2626254

... and of course if you ever want to save yourself the whole stress of following a long tutorial - just hola on 08128714767 - I'm on WhatsApp.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Razak5(m): 10:25pm On Apr 04, 2018
elvischukie:
yea bro... any solution?

Well, if you are not always bored with long tutorials then lests ride... It worked for 2 other people in this forum. My response to their request goes thus:

Hello

1 . You've tried the "turn on metred connection" and you probably didn't find it... grin No! I'm so sure you didn't find it

2. You've also "disabled" auto-updates. Why is the word, disabled in quotes? Because that main download still goes on in win 10.

*let's now move on...

So, here we go >

Press Win key+R > in the run box (I need a better name grin), type "regedit" without the quotes. This opens the registry editor.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\DefaultMediaCost

Right click "DefaultMediaCost key" > select "Permissions" > this takes you to the security tab.

On the security tab, click "advanced" button. Click the "change" button next to "Trustedinstsller".

In the "enter object name" box, type Administrators, click the "Check Names" button to make sure you're typing the correct object.Click OK.

On the "Advanced Security Settings for DefaultMediaCost" , check the "Replace owner on subcontainers and objects"Click Apply > OK.

On "Permissions for DefaultMediaCost" , select the "Administrators group" , be sure to check the "allow Full Control" box . click Apply > OK.

On the DefaultMediaCost key, there are different entries, including those for 3G, 4G, Default, Ethernet, and WiFi with their default data values: 1 or 2.

*Do same for Wi-Fi.

This explanation I just gave is from an article on windowscentral treating the same issue. I must say it saved a lot of my Internet data.

*If you still experience huge data consumption after the above tweak, then you can go ahead with your downgrade...

as always, backup your files before any upgrade/downgrade/format

... and of course if you ever want to save yourself the whole stress of following a long tutorial - just hola on 08128714767 - I'm on WhatsApp.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by hunter47(m): 11:09am On Apr 05, 2018
Good morning folks I just tried to download the windows 10 setup and the file size is about 170mb is that how it is or there is an error?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by sweetetlove(f): 12:37pm On Apr 05, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

Well, you do not have to uninstall it. Simply dis-able it. And don't forget to turn off your Wi-Fi too.

*cheers *
Thanks a lot will do just that
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 3:06pm On Apr 05, 2018
Razak5:

Hello

1 . You've tried the "turn on metred connection" and you probably didn't find it... grin No! I'm so sure you didn't find it

*let's now move on...

So, here we go >

*Do same for Wi-Fi.

as always, backup your files before any upgrade/downgrade/format

tanks alot
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Hotkrich: 6:44pm On Apr 06, 2018
Do you have any problem with you phone or pc? Click here now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Jonifech: 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2018
nice operating system

JONINET MEDIA

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 08, 2018
Razak5:

Hello

1 . You've tried the "turn on metred connection" and you probably didn't find it... ;DNo! I'm so sure you didn't find it

*let's now move on...

So, here we go >

*Do same for Wi-Fi.

bro how good is windows defender?.. wana stick with it or any other better one?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 7:36am On Apr 08, 2018
elvischukie:
bro how good is windows defender?.. wana stick with it or any other better one?

it's perfect. update it at least once a month

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Razak5(m): 8:42am On Apr 08, 2018
computerboy:

I agree. Just update it.
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Apr 08, 2018
computerboy:

alright
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by wane01(m): 9:38pm On Apr 11, 2018
ello I have a slim WD hard drive 1tb that came with a hp15 notebook .. The windows went into automatic repair tool after giving it to an engineer to reinstall a new windows .. he said the drive won't accept to be formated (format button not clicking) and wouldn't accept a new o.s .. The hard drive also won't detect externally buh comes up inside a laptop I was told its due to bad sectors and can only be fixed by very few people being a slim hard drive .. I dunno if anyone has a similar experience or can be of help .. Am in Lagos though
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Razak5(m): 6:55am On Apr 12, 2018
wane01:
ello I have a slim WD hard drive 1tb that came with a hp15 notebook .. The windows went into automatic repair tool after giving it to an engineer to reinstall a new windows .. he said the drive won't accept to be formated (format button not clicking) and wouldn't accept a new o.s .. The hard drive also won't detect externally buh comes up inside a laptop I was told its due to bad sectors and can only be fixed by very few people being a slim hard drive .. I dunno if anyone has a similar experience or can be of help .. Am in Lagos though

... This issue dey bite you well oo... shocked

Anyway, when do you intend to resolve it?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by wane01(m): 3:53pm On Apr 12, 2018
Razak5:

... This issue dey bite you well oo... shocked

Anyway, when do you intend to resolve it?
As soon as i get who can fix it ..
i put in a 160 normal hdd nd d diff was clear in terms of speed.... vibration and even power consumption
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Razak5(m): 7:52pm On Apr 12, 2018
wane01:

As soon as i get who can fix it ..
i put in a 160 normal hdd nd d diff was clear in terms of speed.... vibration and even power consumption

Did the windows on the 160GB load correctly ?
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by wane01(m): 9:55pm On Apr 12, 2018
Razak5:

Did the windows on the 160GB load correctly ?
Yep it did ... can you fix the slim??
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by chumaster(m): 1:04am On Apr 13, 2018
elvischukie:
my dell consums alot of data, how do i minimize it
I guess it is windows 10.
Every user has that same problem. the thing is that windows 10 comes with a forced update policy.
Microsoft did this to ensure that most of the Windows 10 devices out there are running the latest version of their operating system. In perfect conditions, this means most of us will receive better security and the latest features developed by Microsoft. however most of the time these updates when faulty can create a lot problem which can lead to the malfunctioning of your system.

You can use the Windows show or hide updates tool to block some windows or drivers updates that normally runs in the background without your notice. You can unblock them with the same tool. Wushowhide tool is a Windows and drivers updates blocking and unblocking tool provided by Microsoft-Support as a troubleshooting application. you can download it directly from Microsoft HERE. It is an executable file of small size of 45.5kb.

It is easy to use just like any other Windows troubleshooter.
But you can follow the detailed step by step guide if you want to here
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Nobody: 4:37am On Apr 13, 2018
At RainbowCup Tech we have varieties of Tokunbo laptops with originally changer based on your budget and we also offer free delivering/ pay on delivering within Lagos only. For enquiries call/whatsapp us: 08159598981,
Also you can follow us on #OLX to see our grade1 laptops
www./profile/9850903

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by leopayne(m): 1:09am On Apr 16, 2018
HTC desire 816 (white) for sale. works perfectly with pouch and screenguard. Location - Kubwa, Abuja. Price - #25,000 Condition- Used
contact on 08135515032 if interested.

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lana1(m): 10:02am On Apr 16, 2018
A friend got this trying to install the April 2018 cumulative update. Any suggestions??

Cc computerboy Androidking

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Kennyflyair: 7:12pm On Apr 16, 2018
Good day people. Please I need advice in choosing between these 2 external hard drives (Seagate and My Passport both 4 terabytes) The 2 of them are of the same price but I want to know which of the brands is of better quality before I buy them. Both of these harddisks are on jumia. Please those who are familiar with the brands should advice me. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Razak5(m): 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2018
Kennyflyair:
Good day people. Please I need advice in choosing between these 2 external hard drives (Seagate and My Passport both 4 terabytes) The 2 of them are of the same price but I want to know which of the brands is of better quality before I buy them. Both of these harddisks are on jumia. Please those who are familiar with the brands should advice me. Thanks.

Hello there.

As a technician, (at least 2yrs plus-full time), I'll say I have changed more seagate hard drives than WD hard drives. Probably because of their popularity.

But soon enough WD became popular here and what did I observe ? - out of 10 bad hard drives, I had gathered, 2 were WD, 2 Fujitsu (do they still make hard drives grin), 1 was Toshiba, and 5 - yes I mean 5 were seagate!

Well, seagate may have improved, but based on experience, people reported less crashes on the WD I sold them than seagate.

Oh, By the way, it's " WD My Passport" grin. "My Passport" is one in a series of their external hard drives.

Although the durability of your hard drive will depend on the way you handle it- this should be No. 1 then the rest follows.

Am I contradicting my self? No. The best Hard drives in the world still have moving parts and are sensitive to jilts and jolts - smash them and they will crash. Don't eject properly and they will crash.

So first, go for WD, next handle with care.

*cheers*
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Kennyflyair: 10:57pm On Apr 16, 2018
Razak5:

Hello there.

As a technician, (at least 2yrs plus-full time), I'll say I have changed more seagate hard drives than WD hard drives. Probably because of their popularity.

But soon enough WD became popular here and what did I observe ? - out of 10 bad hard drives, I had gathered, 2 were WD, 2 Fujitsu (do they still make hard drives grin), 1 was Toshiba, and 5 - yes I mean 5 were seagate!

Well, seagate may have improved, but based on experience, people reported less crashes on the WD I sold them than seagate.

Oh, By the way, it's " WD My Passport" grin. "My Passport" is one in a series of their external hard drives.

Although the durability of your hard drive will depend on the way you handle it- this should be No. 1 then the rest follows.

Am I contradicting my self? No. The best Hard drives in the world still have moving parts and are sensitive to jilts and jolts - smash them and they will crash. Don't eject properly and they will crash.

*cheers*
Thanks for the breakdown sir. Really helpful
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:51am On Apr 17, 2018
double post
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by computerboy: 11:52am On Apr 17, 2018
Razak5:

Hello there.

*cheers*

Nice one bro. SECONDED!
For external hard drives, I trust only WD my passport/ my passport ultra

1 Like

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Lilusm: 10:22am On Apr 18, 2018
For me, Windows 7 is the best!
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Technobs(m): 11:44am On Apr 18, 2018
*RUN SYSTEM COMMANDS LIKE A PRO*

LESSON 1

learn how to run commands on your PC. Navigate easily.

Interesting windows commands you need to know.

https://technobs.com/run-system-commands-like-a-pro-lesson-1/

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by LethargiQue: 5:28pm On Apr 18, 2018
Guys..

Please help..

What is the best way to update all drivers on windows 10?

Im having serious driver issues on my laptop..

I think my BIOS driver is also problematic because the fan is noticeably louder and my battery drains faster at 2 hours on normal use..
Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by Razak5(m): 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2018
LethargiQue:
Guys..

Please help..

What is the best way to update all drivers on windows 10?

Im having serious driver issues on my laptop..

I think my BIOS driver is also problematic because the fan is noticeably louder and my battery drains faster at 2 hours on normal use..

Hello.

Simply go to this site- https://drp.su/en

Once you're on that site, you will be required to download an installer.

Once downloaded, run it. Then you will be automatically connected to drivers database of the drp site.

The tiny program is expected to look through your entire computer and install matching drivers.

Hope this helps

*cheers *

PS- there was a guy who has avoided clicking that link for 3 months because he felt I was promoting my site or something... grin grin Well he tried it 3 days ago and the sound of his system came up. He has been battling with sound for close to 6 months.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Windows 10 Problems And Solutions (official Microsoft Windows 10 links added) by LethargiQue: 10:39pm On Apr 18, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.

Simply go to this site- https://drp.su/en

Once you're on that site, you will be required to download an installer.

Once downloaded, run it. Then you will be automatically connected to drivers database of the drp site.

The tiny program is expected to look through your entire computer and install matching drivers.

Hope this helps

*cheers *

PS- there was a guy who has avoided clicking that link for 3 months because he felt I was promoting my site or something... grin grin Well he tried it 3 days ago and the sound of his system came up. He has been battling with sound for close to 6 months.

Thanks you so much for this..

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (166) (Reply)

Ubuntu Linux / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.