Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,652 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1338004 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by djfrancis: 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
justwise:

Please do if you can it will save you a lot of problem but...check the exchange rate before you start transferring. Notwithstanding...its a good idea.

I'm beating myself up now for not opening back account in Nigeria the last time i visited because sending money home through western union or bank is an expensive exercise

Not only that, most stores in England don't like to give out western union funds but they always want to receive
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by djfrancis: 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
Ubyy:
I got into London this morning. The official at immigration just asked for my admission letter. No CAS/TB screening.

Lol.

Welcome.... mine only asked for my passport....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by worry359(m): 5:54pm On Sep 14, 2015
djfrancis:

Not only that, most stores in England don't like to give out western union funds but they always want to receive
People have heard so many stories that now if Western Union is mentioned they think it is a scam!
Blame all the 419 scammers from the past. (and the ones still trying.)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by djfrancis: 5:59pm On Sep 14, 2015
worry359:

People have heard so many stories that now if Western Union is mentioned they think it is a scam!
Blame all the 419 scammers from the past. (and the ones still trying.)

The solution is open a UK account and not just any account but insist and inform the bank that u want a free account which is good for students...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by djfrancis: 6:00pm On Sep 14, 2015
Do not forget to come alone with jackets and sweaters....It's getting really cold already especially at night.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by anyilove: 6:30pm On Sep 14, 2015
Have gotter an offer 4 pgcert in wolverhampton Uni and d course is for 6month, please will like 2 confirm if th maintenance money is goingf 2 be 6month. Or still 1015x9?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DutchessE: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2015
You are welcome....

What a coincident(just saw ur reply to justwise), same course with her. She said she used d school representative/agent in nigeria she met at a British education fair. It's University of Sunderland London Campus, do get in touch directly with d sch for first hand info but u will still be referred to d rep in Nigeria and she didn't pay a dime. The tuition is £7000. Submitted transcript for evalua
dat1960chikala:

....thank you for your reply.... please help me to get information.... thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lakusi(m): 8:50pm On Sep 14, 2015
Oma12:

I think you should even go there sef. Go there like you want to collect your passport. Maybe they didn't send out your documents o. Just go there and check.

Okay thanks alot !!! grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2015
modified: deleted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muteEcho: 1:43am On Sep 15, 2015
Hi Mates.

Another silent follower.
You guys are doing an amazing job.
I basically read through the forum and I got a hang of exactly what to do and how to do it. I also went through the UKVI's Tier 4-PBS document.

I picked up my Visa yesterday(Monday), it's been ready since Friday though.
Had my interview on the 2nd of September at the VAC Ikeja. Give or take, it took 7 working days.
I'm heading to Robert Gordon Uni. Aberdeen.

So about the application process.
I obviously applied to the school, got admission, paid tuition and got CAS. For the CAS though, RGU made payment of IHS and IELTS mandatory. So I initially made payment for IHS, but I processed a refund which I got within two weeks of initiating the process.
My IELTS was alright too. Speaking: 7.5; Writing:6.5; Reading:7.0;Listening:8.5; Overall band score:7.5.
I actually got my CAS before my IELTS was out, I gave them an expired TOEFL result (108/120) and my WAEC result showing my English result, so they processed my CAS with that, plus the school is HEI. But they asked for my IELTS when I got to the VAC and good enough, I had it with me.

I did my TB test at IOM, Ikeja. Its pretty straight forward! Call them to book an appointment and go for your appointment. PS: The guys at IOM(Ikeja) are very nice people! Very cultured.
Anyways, I think I'll just list out what I submitted. Sorry for the plenty story grin cheesy wink

Documents Submitted

Bank Statement (Use Oanda.com as your exchange peg. Don't forget currency variation!) But if you start counting your 28 days and you find out you didn't put enough money in your account before your started the 28 days count, simply make additional tuition payment(if you made part payment though) and have your school update your CAS to reflect the new paid tuition. I highlighted when the funding in my account started and when it ended.

CAS Letter

TB Test Result

IELTS Result

Oanda Print out (The didn't return my Oanda Print out but returned my bank statement, so yea! they actually use it)

Visa Application Printout

Bsc Certificate

I also labelled accordingly: Appendix A - D.

PS: Just pay attention to certain details and read this forum well well and you'll be fine. Please don't forget UKVI's website oh! They change immigration law more than a woman changes her own mood. cheesy

#Halla

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 4:58am On Sep 15, 2015
muteEcho:
Hi Mates.

Another silent follower.
You guys are doing an amazing job.
I basically read through the forum and I got a hang of exactly what to do and how to do it. I also went through the UKVI's Tier 4-PBS document.

I picked up my Visa yesterday(Monday), it's been ready since Friday though.
Had my interview on the 2nd of September at the VAC Ikeja. Give or take, it took 7 working days.
I'm heading to Robert Gordon Uni. Aberdeen.

So about the application process.
I obviously applied to the school, got admission, paid tuition and got CAS. For the CAS though, RGU made payment of IHS and IELTS mandatory. So I initially made payment for IHS, but I processed a refund which I got within two weeks of initiating the process.
My IELTS was alright too. Speaking: 7.5; Writing:6.5; Reading:7.0;Listening:8.5; Overall band score:7.5.
I actually got my CAS before my IELTS was out, I gave them an expired TOEFL result (108/120) and my WAEC result showing my English result, so they processed my CAS with that, plus the school is HEI. But they asked for my IELTS when I got to the VAC and good enough, I had it with me.

I did my TB test at IOM, Ikeja. Its pretty straight forward! Call them to book an appointment and go for your appointment. PS: The guys at IOM(Ikeja) are very nice people! Very cultured.
Anyways, I think I'll just list out what I submitted. Sorry for the plenty story grin cheesy wink

Documents Submitted

Bank Statement (Use Oanda.com as your exchange peg. Don't forget currency variation!) But if you start counting your 28 days and you find out you didn't put enough money in your account before your started the 28 days count, simply make additional tuition payment(if you made part payment though) and have your school update your CAS to reflect the new paid tuition. I highlighted when the funding in my account started and when it ended.

CAS Letter

TB Test Result

IELTS Result

Oanda Print out (The didn't return my Oanda Print out but returned my bank statement, so yea! they actually use it)

Visa Application Printout

Bsc Certificate

I also labelled accordingly: Appendix A - D.

PS: Just pay attention to certain details and read this forum well well and you'll be fine. Please don't forget UKVI's website oh! They change immigration law more than a woman changes her own mood. cheesy

#Halla

Congratulations! Did you pay for priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jayken07(m): 5:16am On Sep 15, 2015
Good morning mates,follow me and praise Gods name,I got my visa yesterday's evening...after the long wait(exactly the 15th working day)..I've been a silent observer on this forum..thank you everyone for all the information you have helped with on here..May the good Lord also grant those who are still expectant theirs as well....AMEN

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:55am On Sep 15, 2015
djfrancis:

Western union funds?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:58am On Sep 15, 2015
jayken07:
Good morning mates,follow me and praise Gods name,I got my visa yesterday's evening...after the long wait(exactly the 15th working day)..I've been a silent observer on this forum..thank you everyone for all the information you have helped with on here..May the good Lord also grant those who are still expectant theirs as well....AMEN

Congratulations

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:01am On Sep 15, 2015
@muteEcho

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by manova(m): 8:57am On Sep 15, 2015
manskido:
Dear House, Please I have been trying to pay for my IHS but it keeps coming up as declined.i found out that there is a $300 limit on international online transactions.i have sufficient funds in my account.i have used both a diamond bank visa debit card and a gtb debit mastercard and have tried 5 times altogether,now i have to make a fresh application.please i wanna know how other people paid,what bank card etc.

Try using a Stanbic card...it worked for me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by manova(m): 9:18am On Sep 15, 2015
So many success stories and I happen to have one too. Did my interview on the 1st and got my decision email on the 10th. My visa was delivered to me yesterday by fedex. Thanks guys cos this thread was quite helpful.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 9:22am On Sep 15, 2015
manova:
So many success stories and I happen to have one too. Did my interview on the 1st and got my decision email on the 10th. My visa was delivered to me yesterday by fedex. Thanks guys cos this thread was quite helpful.

Congrats. Which VAC please?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muteEcho: 9:23am On Sep 15, 2015
dannyabba:

No, I did not.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by derbylicious: 9:23am On Sep 15, 2015
justwise:

Please do if you can it will save you a lot of problem but...check the exchange rate before you start transferring. Notwithstanding...its a good idea.

I'm beating myself up now for not opening back account in Nigeria the last time i visited because sending money home through western union or bank is an expensive exercise

I meant getting a hard token here ,then open an account there and then transfer funds to it via online banking activated on the 9ja account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by muteEcho: 9:24am On Sep 15, 2015
justwise:
@muteEcho

Congratulations

Thanks Boss cool @justwise. What you're doing is really noble.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 9:43am On Sep 15, 2015
dannyabba:

muteEcho:

No, I did not.

Waawwwuuuuuu! UyoBoy4Real and Oma12, come and see oh!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked :O
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2015
Loool UKVI dia ris God o in everything we are doing...... shocked
dannyabba:

Waawwwuuuuuu! UyoBoy4Real and Oma12, come and see oh!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked :O
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 9:57am On Sep 15, 2015
dannyabba:

Ha!! Na wa o!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 10:09am On Sep 15, 2015
I got 1 yeye mail last night that my application has been processed. You got the same mail from UKVI?

Oma12:

Ha!! Na wa o!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 10:09am On Sep 15, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:
Loool UKVI dia ris God o in everything we are doing...... shocked
Oma12:

Ha!! Na wa o!

I don't even know if it's UKVI or the TLS people's fault. God dey! sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:11am On Sep 15, 2015
derbylicious:

I meant getting a hard token here ,then open an account there and then transfer funds to it via online banking activated on the 9ja account

Yes if that is possible go for it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:12am On Sep 15, 2015
muteEcho:

Thanks Boss cool @justwise. What you're doing is really noble.

All the very best with your studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 10:15am On Sep 15, 2015
Oma12:

My dear, you're not the only one. I paid on the 2nd of September. Up until now, nothing has happened. I've gone there, I've called ukvi, I've sent emails. They sent me an email saying it has been processed. I feel so upset that I didn't get the service I paid for. We can only keep waiting and praying.

You called UKVI? Does the £1.37 per minute apply for the Nigerian number there or just for the UK number?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 10:42am On Sep 15, 2015
dannyabba:

You called UKVI? Does the £1.37 per minute apply for the Nigerian number there or just for the UK number?
It applies for both.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 10:43am On Sep 15, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:
I got 1 yeye mail last night that my application has been processed. You got the same mail from UKVI?

I got the same mail after I questioned them. I don't even believe them anymore. Nonsense people.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 10:46am On Sep 15, 2015
When did you get the mail please?

Oma12:

I got the same mail after I questioned them. I don't even believe them anymore. Nonsense people.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.