Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:31 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1342716 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 10:59am On Sep 15, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:
When did you get the mail please?

Saturday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 15, 2015
djfrancis:

There is no option for the WAEC except a police report. WAEC results cannot be replaced when lost or stolen. Alternatively, you can use your print out as well as a police report

Thanks a lot, I actually don't have a problem with WAEC certificate, it's just the birth certificate now. Thanks again bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by xlad21(m): 11:18am On Sep 15, 2015
Thanks yall are MVPs here. Used to visit here frequently when I was worried about the status of my application. Everything came through all right at the end.

Meanwhile, is anybody going to or already in University of Leeds? Would like to have a few discussions.

All the best guys.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by djfrancis: 12:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
justwise:

Western union funds?

That is, it's hard to receive money through western union
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2015
modified: deleted
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chilez(f): 1:08pm On Sep 15, 2015
derbylicious:

I meant getting a hard token here ,then open an account there and then transfer funds to it via online banking activated on the 9ja account
Dont you think that you'd be charged more. And is it also possible do do dis transaction via internet banking.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
Go to National Population office and request for a new birth certificate. It's as simple as ABC. Goodluck!!!!
Alfredd:

Thanks a lot, I actually don't have a problem with WAEC certificate, it's just the birth certificate now. Thanks again bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2015
Go to National Population office and request for a new birth certificate. It's as simple as ABC. Goodluck!!!!

Alfredd:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 4:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:
How far? Any update?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 4:21pm On Sep 15, 2015
Yh Dear, got decision emai from Lagos DHC and TLS. They said my documents will be dispatched in the next 48hrs. What about you?

Oma12:

How far? Any update?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:
Yh Dear, got decision emai from Lagos DHC and TLS. They said my documents will be dispatched in the next 48hrs. What about you?

When did they send that to you? I haven't got any.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 4:28pm On Sep 15, 2015
Around 3pm. Sorry about that, I was a bit harsh with them yesterday. Try and mail them again, tell them you are not happy.

Oma12:

When did they send that to you? I haven't got any.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 4:42pm On Sep 15, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:
Around 3pm. What about you, any update?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 15, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:

Oh really? thank you grin
UyoBoy4Real:

Oh really? thank you grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:
Around 3pm. Sorry about that, I was a bit harsh with them yesterday. Try and mail them again, tell them you are not happy.

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone that had his interview on the same day as me but few hours later has gotten decision mail.

It is well!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 5:27pm On Sep 15, 2015
dannyabba:

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone that had his interview on the same day as me but few hours later has gotten decision mail.

It is well!
What did we do wrong now sad did the person pay for priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2015
Oma12:

What did we do wrong now sad did the person pay for priority?

As in ehn... I don't know for them. Yes, he paid for priority. If it's by date of online submission sef, I submitted before the guy.
I think they're doing it randomly!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2015
Lagos priority service is rubbish.

dannyabba:

As in ehn... I don't know for them. Yes, he paid for priority. If it's by date of online submission sef, I submitted before the guy.
I think they're doing it randomly!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
chenn:

@usqoh! I could not purchase PTA from any banks (gtb, first bank, zenith bank) because they stop selling to customers! I bought GBP on Friday 11th from Abuja at the rate of 350 NGN to 1GBP!

I had arrive the UK safely! I used emirate airbus, their services is good but they have baggage wahala, it must not exceed 30kg. I had 4 luggage: 1 LP bag, 1 hand carry-on, 1 box, and a small Ghana must go bag! The Ghana must go bag which contains my basic African oririshe weighed 18kg, and the box weighed 26kg; oboy I wan die, I used this normal weight scaled at home oh b4 leaving, nahim be say that scale I used at home no work. o boy come see trans loading, it is good to go the airport early to avoid rush! I forced many clothes, shoes, even my clipper into my hand luggage and LP bag, good a thing the LP bag is big! After that I gave my hand carry on luggage (becos that hang carry is already weighing 15kg) to one my FAAN official friend to hold 4 me, after passing thru customs, then I went and check in the Ghana must go bag and box, getting my boarding pass; then came pick my hand luggage from my FAAN friend proceeded to immigration; the immigration woman demanded I tipped her, and I told plainly that I am student and that I don't have much on me, that is wia their game wahala started, he called one guy to come and examine me and that she could not see some info in the computer. The guy ask me to give him the receipts of the fees I made to the school, which I didn't have; I told him to check my CAS as evidence, na so they take go and around until dem tire, later sent me to see one of their boss, who I took time to explain the process and after looking at admission letter, he let me go!

During boarding, the lady told my hand luggage exceeded, I come razle her small, she demanded I give something, I told her on a normal day I would have love, but toady she should be considerate, that I am going to study and come back make her and Nigeria proud, she just laugh and let me pass!
10hrs to Dubai, I used the 2hr, 30mins gap to locate my terminal in Dubai and flew 7.30hrs to my school city!
spent almost almost 2.30hrs waiting and passing UK Border Force because chinesse students wia much!

my Advice:

Goto the the airport early

Make sure u r with ur CAS and Admission letter

Carry receipts fees u have made if possible

carry also lower denomination of GBP for ur transport fee when arrive UK

If u had much luggage, take a taxi cab, avoid the stress of trains and buses if the ur destination is about 3omins from the airports

Takia!
tks

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 15, 2015
Petitediva14:

I used first bank when they were still giving it. I was 2000 pounds was the limit. Yes, you must have an account with them. I got mine in uyo. I have no idea the highest amount you can travel with. You need your visa/passport, plane tickets, I also submitted my admission letter because of my one way ticket and you have to go with your cash book.
tks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bidosko(m): 2:25am On Sep 16, 2015
Alhamdulahi, left lagos around 3am got to dubai 11pm. Currently on board to heathrow. Not dat stressful so far, only the unfriendly emirate baggage allowance dat made me panic a little... I had to pay some stipends for excess. Although I dashed some guys @ the airport 1k for wrapping my bag..Lols. all my food stuffs whr allowed and it's been smooth so far especially with d different appetisers with are been served with, films and free 10mb wifi after which u buy more wen exhausted ( as a naija guy found a way to continues to use the wifi freely) grin

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eljaye(f): 9:02am On Sep 16, 2015
bidosko:
Alhamdulahi, left lagos around 3am got to dubai 11pm. Currently on board to heathrow. Not dat stressful so far, only the unfriendly emirate baggage allowance dat made me panic a little... I had to pay some stipends for excess. Although I dashed some guys @ the airport 1k for wrapping my bag..Lols. all my food stuffs whr allowed and it's been smooth so far especially with d different appetisers with are been served with, films and free 10mb wifi after which u buy more wen exhausted ( as a naija guy found a way to continues to use the wifi freely) grin

Keep enjoying o!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 9:31am On Sep 16, 2015
Decision mail from Lagos DHC.
Cc Oma12 UyoBoy4Real
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by poshstore: 9:39am On Sep 16, 2015
dannyabba:
Cc Oma12 UyoBoy4Real
Congrats!!! When did you receive it?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by UyoBoy4Real: 9:46am On Sep 16, 2015
Whoop congrats Bro, when did you receive it? @Oma12, I pray u receive urs soon.

dannyabba:
Cc Oma12 UyoBoy4Real
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Kuni2015: 9:49am On Sep 16, 2015
dannyabba:
Cc Oma12 UyoBoy4Real

Congrats,did you call them? Kos i submitted on the 8th too n paid for priority
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 10:15am On Sep 16, 2015
dannyabba:
Cc Oma12 UyoBoy4Real

Thank God o! Mine was an email from ukvi saying a decision has been made that's all. Nothing from TP yet.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Oma12: 10:15am On Sep 16, 2015
UyoBoy4Real:

Amen.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2015
poshstore:
Congrats!!! When did you receive it?

UyoBoy4Real:
I got the mail by 9:08 am. Amen for you, Oma12.

Kuni2015:

Congrats,did you call them? Kos i submitted on the 8th too n paid for priority
I didn't call oh. I only sent an email through that UKVI FAQ page yesterday and they had assured me that my application has NOT yet been processed and that I should be patient for another 3 to 5 working days despite my priority payment. I've concluded that those people are not even honest. And they're a 3rd party sef, HGS, not UKVI directly.

And imagine, na now TLS dey send me "Received by UKVI" email... since Tuesday last week. -_-
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dannyabba(m): 10:21am On Sep 16, 2015
Oma12:

Thank God o! Mine was an email from ukvi saying a decision has been made that's all. Nothing from TP yet.
Yeah. Mine was from LagosVisaInfo@fco.gov.uk
My TLS status just changed to "received by UKVI" about 5 minutes ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.