Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,473 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (215) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1336713 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adekunle687: 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2017
No i used standard. Good luck with your application. All the best.
Question2:
Please did you use priority for the application. Congratulations on your successful visa application. Still awaiting your response. Thanks.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2017
@susom , thanks a lot dear, my visa was granted, picked it up this morning and already posted my timeline above.

Anyone going to Manchester?

Susom:
How far @Endlessgrace?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ademuyiz(m): 2:37pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi, Congrats. was it a UK or Nigerian Number that was used to ring you?

Missed a call this morning and I'm wondering who it might have been. Its a Nigerian landline number starting with 236.

Tried to ring them back but it never went through.

912:
Hi guys,

I've been following this thread for a while now without commenting. It has been a very informative and educating experience. Although I did my biometrics before I discovered the thread ( I wish I had found it earlier though).

Well, I just picked up my documents and bellow are the details of my process.

service used: Standard

Application submitted: 10 July

Biometrics and interview: 12 July

Documents sent to Sheffield for Decision: 14July

email from Sheffield ECO for document preparation for Decision: 20 July

Missed a call from UKVI presumably for second interview (didn't know they were the ones calling): 14 August

Called Home office to escalate delay: 15 August

Missed two other calls from UKVI (calls ended before I could take them): 18 August
NB: I Seriously started freaking out at this point

checked the UK visa link and Decision Made on 19 August: 21 August

Received Decision and Collection emails from TLS: 24 August

Reluctantly picked up Documents: 25 August

DECISION: VISA GRANTED.

Now I can sleep easy.

Good luck to those yet to get their decision. And thank you guys for the updates and advice you keep sharing on the thread.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 2:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
@question1, your positive spirit is out of this world, keep it up dear. Visa granted and i look forward to the news of your approved visa.

Question1:
My earnest prayer is that myself and everyone should get decision mail soon enough. Meanwhile Today is my intended travel date.

Well. There's nothing God cannot do!

@Endlessgrace, what's up with you application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 2:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ademuyiz:
Hi, Congrats. was it a UK or Nigerian Number that was used to ring you?

Missed a call this morning and I'm wondering who it might have been. Its a Nigerian landline number starting with 236.

Tried to ring them back but it never went through.

Thanks!

Yeah it a premium number that looks like a Nigerian landline number and yes you can't return the call. Just stay close to your phone if it's them then they are likely to call back. Probably not today though but just keep your phone close by.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 25, 2017
justwise:

Students are not forced to pay for an accommodation before CAS is issued.

Find out if that is the condition of the tuition waiver and if the money will be going directly to school account.

Please asides consent letter, birth certificate of applicant to show name of father.....is there any other document tier4 applicant needs to submit if father is sponsor....

2) please can u assist with what the consent letter should look like, mayb an example..is there a format, should it be hand written or typed...what must the letter contain. cos we don't wanna make any mistake..

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by benugo(m): 4:12pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi Justwise and colleagues,

I appreciate you all for information shared in this Forum. Please, I intend attending visa interview next week against 18th September travel date to UoBirmingham. My tuition was waved by University (has been captured in CAS since I am on a full scholarship (tuition + maintenance) however, maintenance fee was not captured. I can not access maintenance fund now since I do not have a UK bank account No (a prerequisite).

1. Please how can I go about this?
2. Do I need to show my Nigeria account statement to justify travel and accommodation? If yes, how much?
3. Would you advice I use the standard application route?
4. How safe is application payment with Diamond Dollar card?

Cheers.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2017
benugo:

I appreciate you all for information shared in this Forum. Please, I intend attending visa interview next week against 18th September travel date to UoBirmingham. My tuition was waved by University (has been captured in CAS since I am on a full scholarship (tuition + maintenance) however, maintenance fee was not captured. I can not access maintenance fund now since I do not have a UK bank account No (a prerequisite).

2. Do I need to show my Nigeria account statement to justify travel and accommodation? If yes, how much?

Cheers.

Hi Benugo,
You need to contact the school to update their CAS to reflect the maintenance fee by today latest as it doesn't take them up to 10mins to do so. Cos if it doesn't it may affect you, since you would have to prove maintenance fee with bank statements.
2. Using Nigerian account is advisable since you can get it on a letter headed paper and stamped and also note you can use that of your parents to combine if you don't have enough. Please visit the gov.uk link to double check the amount required to have in this account.
3. Don't even try using standard processing, not advisable at this peak period. Even I used priority and still await a decision since the 10th of August. If it is even possible that you have extra fund for super priority pls do.
4. I made my application payment with my Naira MasterCard GTB as you get a limit of $1000 now. But if you like please use the diamond dollar card you have. It just saves money to use Naira instead and then convert your dollar to Naira then to GBP (rate now is 367 to sell for dollar and 476 to buy GBP) when travelling with a good bureau D change as it's saves you money (don't use bank for the change? Their rate is outrageously low when buying dollar and high when buying pounds).

Goodluck with your application. Make haste as you really have not much time left.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 25, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Please asides consent letter, birth certificate of applicant to show name of father.....is there any other document tier4 applicant needs to submit if father is sponsor....

2) please can u assist with what the consent letter should look like, mayb an example..is there a format, should it be hand written or typed...what must the letter contain. cos we don't wanna make any mistake..

Thanks

That's all you need along side the bank statements which should reflect the required amount or even more than that.

The consent letter should entail:
a. Your fathers name (....I, mr ......of ....address)
b. Your Fathers relationship to you (with your full name) (hereby state that am the father to .......)
c. Consent clause with account name and number (I give my unfettered consent to ....as his sponsor for his studies and living costs at ..mention university....) my account details are as follow ....Account name and number and bank name.

I have tendered the original bank statements to ....put your name.....for his visa application.

Yours sincerely,
Signature here
Put your dad's name
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:02pm On Aug 25, 2017
benugo:

Cheers.

1.Do you have letter of scholarship from your school?

2. What is the total amount written on that letter?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:05pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hello:
As a Typical Nigeria, let me attempt to answer your question with Questions:
1. Where exactly is the location of the school? London is "divided" into Travel Zones (Zones 1 - 9). The closer you are to zone 1, the more expensive.
2. What kind of house would you like?

With a child, you definitely cannot live in a flat share, therefore, www.spareroom.com will not likely solve your problem. To have a general idea, you may wish to "ASK GOOGLE".

www.rightmove.com may help.
www.gumtree.com may help.

but...GOOGLE is your friend.

A 1-Bed in Zone 2 is around £1350 upwards, depending on location and also how close the house is, to a tube (train) station.

oieda:
Hello everyone.

Does anyone have an idea what budget one should have for accommodation per month in London for a couple with <1 year old?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Thanks

Nothing else and letter of consent doesn't really have any format, just a standard letter addressed to British high commission Abuja/Lagos depending on your location.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ellizle:

That's all you need along side the bank statements which should reflect the required amount or even more than that.

The consent letter should entail:
a. Your fathers name (....I, mr ......of ....address)
b. Your Fathers relationship to you (with your full name) (hereby state that am the father to .......)
c. Consent clause with account name and number (I give my unfettered consent to ....as his sponsor for his studies and living costs at ..mention university....) my account details are as follow ....Account name and number and bank name.

I have tendered the original bank statements to ....put your name.....for his visa application.

Yours sincerely,
Signature here
Put your dad's name

Thank you sir... can it be typed or hand written?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
Endlessgrace:
@susom , thanks a lot dear, my visa was granted, picked it up this morning and already posted my timeline above.

Anyone going to Manchester?

Yes please am heading to manchester
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 25, 2017
1StopRudeness:

Thank you sir... can it be typed or hand written?

You welcome. It's better to have it handwritten.
PS: Am a lady ���
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2017
wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by danielloso19: 8:39pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi Everyone,

i submitted my tier 4 visa application and did my bio metrics on 13/07/2017, standard application at the ikeja vac, its been 31 working days today and still no word from them, i placed a call to ukvi on the 17/08/2017 which cost £15.31 and they were not much help either, i sent an email to them yesterday on 24/08/2017 and no response yet,

i am very much worried because a friend of mine who i met here on nairaland who had here biometrics and interview on the same day with me received a decision mail today 25/08/2017 and her status has been updated on the ukvi track application site.

this is my second time applying for tier 4 student visa , i was granted in 2015 to do my masters and now i have applied to do another masters degree, a deeper area of specialization at the same university in which academic progression was stated in my CAS, so another reason why i am scared is that i feel because its another masters degree maybe my application is under scrutiny

Also i spent an extra 12 days after my last tier 4 visa expired due to illness but left immediately i was of better health and had no immigration problems when leaving and it even states in the ukvi law that any overstay less than 30 days , you will not be banned and be allowed to make an application i also stated and declared this in the additional information section on the tier 4 visa application to show credibility. i am also married to my girlfriend who is a british citizen .

please if anyone has any advice , please let me know, i have been worried sick , i dont know if no response till now is a bad sign, because my school will resume on 18th september and i am worried if all my circumstances will count against me..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ellizle:

Hi Justwise,
Schools hardly provide a separate letter of sponsorship or scholarship as the CAS is the valid document which evidence this. And if you read through different documents about the proper letter to tender based on scholarship, it's been stated that all the student needs to show is their CAS. This CAS should tell if you are fully or partially sponsored and also any amount due to you for maintenance if the school is also sponsoring this. (Could have shown you mine but this is a public forum)

That is not entirely true, when you are given a full scholarship that covers not just your fees but maintenance money as well you will have a separate letter from the awarding body apart from CAS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2017
When are you leaving for manchester? you can dm me though

christisam:

Yes please am heading to manchester

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by benugo(m): 8:58pm On Aug 25, 2017
justwise:

1.Do you have letter of scholarship from your school?

2. What is the total amount written on that letter?

Thank you for your response. Yes please, I have the University Fellowships award letters.
Total amount captured is ~£35,000/yr which covers tuition fee + maintenance.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:06pm On Aug 25, 2017
benugo:

Thank you for your response. Yes please, I have the University Fellowships award letters.
Total amount captured is ~£35,000/yr which covers tuition fee + maintenance.

Then you got nothing to worry about, all you need is that letter + those documents listed in your CAS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by PWEETYWIZZY(f): 9:11pm On Aug 25, 2017
Wow, am just knowing about dis page today and I can't help but to feel sad. Av bn reading comments of how people r travelling to study outside the country by scholarship. I Rily need Help cos av bn on dis for two years now. Pls someone shd put mi tru, Iono where to start, I jst see scholarship stuffs online and don't know wah to do. Am an hnd graduate in need of a scholarship for masters in UK
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by benugo(m): 9:13pm On Aug 25, 2017
justwise:

Then you got nothing to worry about, all you need is that letter + those documents listed in your CAS

Thanks for your kind response.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2017
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by danielloso19: 9:31pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi Justwise,

i submitted my tier 4 visa application and did my bio metrics on 13/07/2017, standard application at the ikeja vac, its been 31 working days today and still no word from them, i placed a call to ukvi on the 17/08/2017 which cost £15.31 and they were not much help either, i sent an email to them yesterday on 24/08/2017 and no response yet,

i am very much worried because a friend of mine who i met here on nairaland who had here biometrics and interview on the same day with me received a decision mail today 25/08/2017 and her status has been updated on the ukvi track application site.

this is my second time applying for tier 4 student visa , i was granted in 2015 to do my masters and now i have applied to do another masters degree, a deeper area of specialization at the same university in which academic progression was stated in my CAS, so another reason why i am scared is that i feel because its another masters degree maybe my application is under scrutiny

Also i spent an extra 12 days after my last tier 4 visa expired due to illness but left immediately i was of better health and had no immigration problems when leaving and it even states in the ukvi law that any overstay less than 30 days , you will not be banned and be allowed to make an application i also stated and declared this in the additional information section on the tier 4 visa application to show credibility. i am also married to my girlfriend who is a british citizen .

please if you have any advice , please let me know, i have been worried sick , i dont know if no response till now is a bad sign, because my school will resume on 18th september and i am worried if all my circumstances will count against me..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adekunle687: 9:49pm On Aug 25, 2017
Please what websites can i get cheap flights to london.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2017
check out wakanow or travelbeta sites. i do use both and they never disappoint.

adekunle687:
Please what websites can i get cheap flights to london.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by christisam: 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
Endlessgrace:
When are you leaving for manchester? you can dm me though

Ok I will do that next month
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 5hyguy: 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2017
i just checkd my application status online it has been decided, last updated 23rd of august
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 25, 2017
5hyguy:
i just checkd my application status online it has been decided, last updated 23rd of august
Congrats dear

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 5hyguy: 10:47pm On Aug 25, 2017
have u gotten urs, what institute will u be attending in the UK
Ellizle:

Congrats dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) (218) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.