Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332494 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by udemski(m): 9:43am On Aug 25, 2017
Good morning,

I want to ask if there is any link to track UK visa application. Apart from

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/ABV/index.php

If there is, kindly reply my post and give me the link

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 9:45am On Aug 25, 2017
mimilyrics:
If you don't get any feedback as per your decision today/tomorrow, I think you should call them but note that the contact staff might or might not have the info yet because my own GWF number is still not recognized on the tracking site.
But I just got a decision mail from TLS. TLS site updated to decision made. I'm awaiting the collection mail. Nothing from Sheffield.
Online submission: July 16
Biometrics and interview: July 19 at TLS Ikeja

Wow! Congratulations on this note. Can't wait for your Visa Approval news.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2017
shyy:

This is my timeline so far:

Biometrics : July 13
Sheffield email: July 20
TLS decision made email: Aug 25 @ 08:27a.m

My ref number is still not recognised on d ukvi website, guess they haven't gotten around to update....

I haven't gotten a pickup up mail from TLS yet....
I hope for a positive decision ....
Goodluck to those still waiting

Congrats bro. To have received such a mail is a clear indication that decision has been made.

Just get ready COS you'll receive collection mail soon enough.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 9:53am On Aug 25, 2017
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 9:54am On Aug 25, 2017
My earnest prayer is that myself and everyone should get decision mail soon enough. Meanwhile Today is my intended travel date.

Well. There's nothing God cannot do!

@Endlessgrace, what's up with you application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:59am On Aug 25, 2017
https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
It only works when your case has been assessed and decided though
udemski:
Good morning,

I want to ask if there is any link to track UK visa application. Apart from

https://uk.tlscontact.com/ng/ABV/index.php

If there is, kindly reply my post and give me the link

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ProjektRekt: 11:11am On Aug 25, 2017
Hello. I have a situation. I applied in 2015 for a tier 4 visa to study in the UK. I got refused due to insufficient funds (The real reason is that I didn't leave the money in the bank for 28 days). So I applied again last year (2016) without fast track and was granted a visa. I did a foundation programme so the visa only lasted for a year. Now this year, I want to apply again for another tier for a visa which lasts for the whole 3 years of my course. I want to find out if it is possible to fast track without my refusal slowing down the process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 11:30am On Aug 25, 2017
ProjektRekt:
Hello. I have a situation. I applied in 2015 for a tier 4 visa to study in the UK. I got refused due to insufficient funds (The real reason is that I didn't leave the money in the bank for 28 days). So I applied again last year (2016) without fast track and was granted a visa. I did a foundation programme so the visa only lasted for a year. Now this year, I want to apply again for another tier for a visa which lasts for the whole 3 years of my course. I want to find out if it is possible to fast track without my refusal slowing down the process.

Yes it is very possible. Sadly Fast tracking isn't guaranteed these days because of the highly peaked period. I would suggest if your resumption date is around the corner, I fear you might request that your school gives you about 3weeks of extension starting from the date of submission and biometric, then you can go ahead to purchase priority. You should be fine that way. Otherwise just purchase Super priority that has a 24 hours decision timeline but costs £919.
Note that, your previous visa refusal won't affect you in anyway so long as it is declared on the Visa form.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ajoke007(f): 11:37am On Aug 25, 2017
I have received a collection mail. Making plans to collect the passport today. Praying for good news.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adekunle687: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2017
Hello people, i have been an ardent follower on this thread and i must say that it has been a very educative experience. Here's my tier 4 visa application timeline.
Biometrics : August 3
Sheffield email: August 17
TLS decision made email: Aug 24
TLS passport ready: Aug 24
Visa granted
Visa starts 27 Aug 2017

I wish all prospective applicants luck.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ProjektRekt: 11:44am On Aug 25, 2017
Question1:

Yes it is very possible. Sadly Fast tracking isn't guaranteed these days because of the highly peaked period. I would suggest if your resumption date is around the corner, I fear you might request that your school gives you about 3weeks of extension starting from the date of submission and biometric, then you can go ahead to purchase priority. You should be fine that way. Otherwise just purchase Super priority that has a 24 hours decision timeline but costs £919.
Note that, your previous visa refusal won't affect you in anyway so long as it is declared on the Visa form.

Thank you very much for the fast reply. I intend to pay for Super priority. I will declare the visa refusal just like I did last year. Hopefully everything goes well. Thanks again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 11:45am On Aug 25, 2017
grin
ajoke007:
I have received a collection mail. Making plans to collect the passport today. Praying for good news.

Yaay!! I'm so happy for you oh.

Go and collect your visa jare and Come and testify grin
ajoke007:

Yaay!! I'm so happy for you oh.

Go and collect your visa jare and Come and testify

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 11:46am On Aug 25, 2017
ProjektRekt:

Thank you very much for the fast reply. I intend to pay for Super priority. I will declare the visa refusal just like I did last year. Hopefully everything goes well. Thanks again.

Sure. You'll certainly be fine. Plus prayers too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ProjektRekt: 11:51am On Aug 25, 2017
ajoke007:

Good luck bro.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question1: 11:52am On Aug 25, 2017
adekunle687:
Hello people, i have been an ardent follower on this thread and i must say that it has been a very educative experience. Here's my tier 4 visa application timeline.
Visa granted
Visa starts 27 Aug 2017

A big Congratulations.

Please did you use priority and where did you apply?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by feyiyemi02(f): 11:53am On Aug 25, 2017
adekunle687:
Visa granted
Visa starts 27 Aug 2017

Congrats, did you use priority?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question2(m): 11:53am On Aug 25, 2017
Congratulations. It will be successful by God's grace. Please do share your timeline

ajoke007:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question2(m): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2017
I sent you a mail yesterday. How far with your application? Did you use priority? Take care.

ebrithil:

ebrithilargetlam@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adekunle687: 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
Used standard processing at ikeja
Question1:

A big Congratulations.

Please did you use priority and where did you apply?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adekunle687: 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2017
No standard
feyiyemi02:

Congrats, did you use priority?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question2(m): 12:09pm On Aug 25, 2017
Please did you use priority for the application. Congratulations on your successful visa application. Still awaiting your response. Thanks.

adekunle687:
Visa granted
Visa starts 27 Aug 2017

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MissKayD(f): 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2017
feyiyemi02:
Hi everyone, please who has hints and advice for someone going to University of Birmingham, accommodations and all?

Hi. I was in university of Birmingham for my undergraduate. PM me for any information you need. Happy to help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by oieda: 12:29pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hello everyone.

Does anyone have an idea what budget one should have for accommodation per month in London for a couple with <1 year old?

Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by feyiyemi02(f): 12:52pm On Aug 25, 2017
MissKayD:

Hi. I was in university of Birmingham for my undergraduate. PM me for any information you need. Happy to help.

Just did, thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by feyiyemi02(f): 12:53pm On Aug 25, 2017
Ellizle:

It's best to check with the school for groups to join where students that share their experience about the university. As for Accomodation, I will advice you use these sites- gumtree, Spareroom and rightmove. These three have affordable rooms around your desired location. Have always used them or word of mouth.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Endlessgrace: 1:16pm On Aug 25, 2017
All thanks to God almighty, Thank you @justwise and @Spikec for your prompt answer and nudge when i was confused, may God continue to bless you.

My Timeline:
Online submission - August 1st
Biometrics - August 3rd
Mail from Sheffield - August 4th
Decision mail & collection - 24th August
Picked up my passport and that of my son this morning with approved visa
Please note i used priority for both applications.

God sure answers prayers.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:20pm On Aug 25, 2017
Endlessgrace:
All thanks to God almighty, Thank you @justwise and @Spikec for your prompt answer and nudge when i was confused, may God continue to bless you.

My Timeline:
Online submission - August 1st
Biometrics - August 3rd
Mail from Sheffield - August 4th
Decision mail & collection - 24th August
Picked up my passport and that of my son this morning with approved visa
Please note i used priority for both applications.

God sure answers prayers.

Congratulations!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by drobadebayo: 1:44pm On Aug 25, 2017
I am really sorry about this seemingly irrelevant question please
Can someone kindly enlighten me about using nigeria's drivers license to drive in U.K.Do you need to get a special international driving permit from FRSC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2017
Hi guys,

I've been following this thread for a while now without commenting. It has been a very informative and educating experience. Although I did my biometrics before I discovered the thread ( I wish I had found it earlier though).

Well, I just picked up my documents and bellow are the details of my process.

service used: Standard

Application submitted: 10 July

Biometrics and interview: 12 July

Documents sent to Sheffield for Decision: 14July

email from Sheffield ECO for document preparation for Decision: 20 July

Missed a call from UKVI presumably for second interview (didn't know they were the ones calling): 14 August

Called Home office to escalate delay: 15 August

Missed two other calls from UKVI (calls ended before I could take them): 18 August
NB: I Seriously started freaking out at this point

checked the UK visa link and Decision Made on 19 August: 21 August

Received Decision and Collection emails from TLS: 24 August

Reluctantly picked up Documents: 25 August

DECISION: VISA GRANTED.

Now I can sleep easy.

Good luck to those yet to get their decision. And thank you guys for the updates and advice you keep sharing on the thread.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Susom(f): 2:21pm On Aug 25, 2017
I am particularly hopeful with you... you will definitely get it...it is a tough wait tho
Question1:
My earnest prayer is that myself and everyone should get decision mail soon enough. Meanwhile Today is my intended travel date.

Well. There's nothing God cannot do!

@Endlessgrace, what's up with you application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Susom(f): 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2017
How far @Endlessgrace?
Endlessgrace:
so happy for you. congrats Susom, my timeline mate grin

Its obvious Abuja is faster than Lagos because we submitted same day but am yet to hear from them. mine is at Ikeja

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Question2(m): 2:22pm On Aug 25, 2017
Congratulations.
Please can you log on to your visa application page and check the status. Mine is still showing status as completed, just as it was before decision was made. I called them this morning and they told me that a decision was made on the 22nd August but I am yet to get mail from tls and the status has not changed on the tls though it has changed to DECIDED on the UKVI website. Please do help me login to your application page and check the status there. If it is completed or something else. Thanks. Below is the link.

https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome

justwise:

Congratulations!

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.