Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,363 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:18 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (324) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332560 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 06, 2018
umarwy:

create a new thread and mention me

a thread in which section sir?? and what should the thread be about?? sorry sir i just sent u a pm to your mail, if you can respond to my mail please that will be somewhat better and easier sir

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by jesmond3945: 11:21pm On Oct 06, 2018
kaad:
Testimony time!!!
Thank you everyone for your immence contributions and info given on this platform.
Mimilyrics thank you so much for answering virtually all my questions, and to the guy that decided to be extremely sarcastic with all response thank you all the same.
my dependants (spouse and son) got their visas yesterday 4years 4months each.

TIMELINE

online application 12th September
Bio-metrics 12th September same day as my interview
paid for group service 7k each for both of them so they could have their biometrics with me since i was the only one scheduled for that day
Transfered to UKVI 12th September
Received by UKVI 14th Sept
Decision made 28th Sept
collection mail 28th Sept

Documents Submitted for dependants;

spouse;

- Marriage Cert
- TB test Cert
- CAS of main Applicant
- Leave Approval Letter
- Electricity bills
- wedding, pre-wedding, Vacation and family Pictures
- Whatsapp Chats of about 9months, we didn't go to play

Child
- Birth Certificate (issued over a year from the date child was born) i was so scared this could result in a denial but no it didn't
- TB test Cert
- Consent Letter Signed by both Parents
- Son's Birthday pictures with both parents

Thank you @Dovies

PS: Decision is yet to be made on main applicant's and we submitted as a group. i'm still so surprise

congrats

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Dee4Jesus: 11:55pm On Oct 06, 2018
Please I need someone who can help me with my admission processing. I want to apply for a PGD in accounting course for 2019 admission.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:58am On Oct 07, 2018
Just a little info to help prospective Tier 4 visa holders - At the point of entry( I flew in to Glasgow last week), I was asked by a border official if I have got any evidence - he specifically mentioned CAS - to show that I was going to the University of Strathclyde. No, I didn't have my CAS printed out, ever since I learnt that the most important thing in a CAS statement is the number( My school, during registration, also asked me of my CAS. I gave the number, with the excuse that I am totally committed to a paperless existence cheesy).

So at the border, I instead showed my BRP collection paper, and all the while, the official was calm and courteous , and even told me to calm myself down when, in my haste to produce my documents, some fell out.

So I will advice two things in general: Have ALL your documents handy at all times; and be confident in your belief that, you being a genuine student, no border official will deny you entry, so long as you have the most basic of evidence such as your visa and international passport.

Shalom.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2018
Joyeeeee:
Hello Mimi, Thank you for all your efforts at answering questions on this forum. I really appreciate.

I would love to ask a few question regarding the dependant visa,

1. For the wedding and family photos, should it be hard copies (like normal picture albums) and is 10-15 okay?

2. For the emails and watsaap chat, should it be just chat/email logs or should I print the chats/emails themselves. Also, assuming I have like watsapp chats for 9months, do I print screenshots of the 9 months chats and paste in a single ms document or just print the screenshot in different documents (this will make me have too many documents to submit)

3. Is it neccesary to submit utility bills showing we have been living together? As I and my husband stay in his official residence that came with his appointment, we don't pay bills, the company pays all the bills so the bills are in the companies name. If utility bills are necessary, can I submit the companies utility bills and explain this in my cover letter?

I am applying separately from my husband, he's already in UK
Hi Joyeeeee.!
1.yes hard copy of pictures on A4 sized paper, you can print multiple pictures on a page (coloured)
2. Your whatsApp chat can be printed through your email on A4 paper.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by berbs: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
Good evening folks, how was your day? Please I will like to enquire about the minimum my sponsor must have in his account as I will like to apply for study visa. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justin86: 11:17pm On Oct 07, 2018
@mimilyrics

Pls help me out because am really getting frustrated.
I submitted my application and did me biometric on the 6th of September and I paid for priority, tomorrow will make it 22nd working days and yet decision has not been made on my application.
I have call ukvi severally and also sent an email them. On the 2nd of October they told me that they have escalated my application and that I will hear from them within 15 working days, but my problem is that I don't have that 15 working days to wait as my latest date of enrolment is 15th of October.
I can really tell what the problem is.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 7:06am On Oct 08, 2018
justin86:
@mimilyrics

I submitted my application and did me biometric on the 6th of September and I paid for priority, tomorrow will make it 22nd working days and yet decision has not been made on my application.
I have call ukvi severally and also sent an email them. On the 2nd of October they told me that they have escalated my application and
that I will hear from them within 15 working days, but my problem is that I don't have that 15 working days to wait as my latest date of enrolment is 15th of October.

Sorry to hear that.
Unfortunately, mimmylyrics doesn’t have an answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 7:07am On Oct 08, 2018
berbs:
Good evening folks, how was your day? Please I will like to enquire about the minimum my sponsor must have in his account as I will like to apply for study visa. Thanks

Go to page 0 on this thread. You will get your answer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 7:09am On Oct 08, 2018
Dee4Jesus:
Please I need someone who can help me with my admission processing. I want to apply for a PGD in accounting course for 2019 admission.

I know an admission agent who can help you. He will not charge you too much. He likes helping folks like you who are not ready to do personal research but simply wants things on a platter.
You will pay for his services.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nadesh(f): 7:23am On Oct 08, 2018
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by berbs: 7:57am On Oct 08, 2018
RalphJean:

Go to page 0 on this thread. You will get your answer.
Sorry, the answer ain't there bro, besides I require the current amount required. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by thonerow(m): 10:27am On Oct 08, 2018
Hello @Kaad, I think you meant soft copies on A4 sized paper.
kaad:

Hi Joyeeeee.!
1.yes hard copy of pictures on A4 sized paper, you can print multiple pictures on a page (coloured)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by thonerow(m): 10:30am On Oct 08, 2018
Hello @Mimilyrics and @Kaad,

Thanks for your responses.

As the dependent, I just want to ask if it would be okay to add CAC documents of our joint company and land documents to show home ties?
kaad:

Hi Joyeeeee.!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ray2018: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2018
11 working days already and i am yet to get my visa and I paid for priority. What’s happening?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ray2018: 4:14pm On Oct 08, 2018
Ray2018:
11 working days already and i am yet to get my visa and I paid for priority. What’s happening?

My TLS mail has been updated to Decision made, is it possible to check if my passport is ready for collection at VAC?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2018
It normally shouldn't have taken this long but as it is, you have no other option but to wait to hear from them or go to the British High Commission in VI.

justin86:
@mimilyrics

I have call ukvi severally and also sent an email them. On the 2nd of October they told me that they have escalated my application and that I will hear from them within 15 working days, but my problem is that I don't have that 15 working days to wait as my latest date of enrolment is 15th of October.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2018
No one can tell you the current amount your sponsor needs to have in his account because this is dependent on what tuition fees you have left to pay to your school and your 9 months (minimum required) maintainance funds depending on whether your school is outside or inside London.

berbs:

Sorry, the answer ain't there bro, besides I require the current amount required. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 8:45pm On Oct 08, 2018
Surge in the number of applications probably has to do with this
Ray2018:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2018
Ray2018:

My TLS mail has been updated to Decision made, is it possible to check if my passport is ready for collection at VAC?

Your passport should be ready for collection tomorrow morning.
As soon as Decision made was thicked for me, I started going to TLS, I was at their gate when collection mail came in which was few minutes before 4pm.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 9:16pm On Oct 08, 2018
Pls let the poster handle her admission and application process herself to avoid stories that touch. The process is simple and clear enough not to require an agent.

RalphJean:

I know an admission agent who can help you. He will not charge you too much. He likes helping folks like you who are not ready to do personal research but simply wants things on a platter.
You will pay for his services.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by pearl360(f): 9:49pm On Oct 08, 2018
justin86:
@mimilyrics

Hi, I'll advise you go the TLS office where you had your interview.

I had similar experience as I interviewed on the 3rd September, paid for priority too but after 10 working days no decision was made. Went to TLS in Abuja where I had my interview and laid a complain at the collection point. By 3pm same day I got my passport and noticed my Visa was valid from 6th September.

So obviously decision was made on it long ago but the TLS guys probably mixed it up and failed to update or whatever happened I don't know. Met a lady there who paid for super priority but no decision was made after 5 days and others too and we all got our passports together.

So my advice is go there and make a complain.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Joyeeeee: 9:27am On Oct 09, 2018
Thanks a lot Kaad
kaad:

Hi Joyeeeee.!

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Joyeeeee: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2018
Thanks a lot justwise.

Must the two accounts have the same 28 days transaction and be printed on same day? I mean, can the 28 days of one statement be from 12th sept - 10th october, then the other, 13th September - 11th october?

I am quite confused with this 28 days rule, since I'm using two bank statements
justwise:

Sure you can as long as both accounts clocked 28days
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:49am On Oct 09, 2018
Joyeeeee:
Thanks a lot justwise.

Must the two accounts have the same 28 days transaction and be printed on same day? I mean, can the 28 days of one statement be from 12th sept - 10th october, then the other, 13th September - 11th october?

I am quite confused with this 28 days rule, since I'm using two bank statements

That is not a problem
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by thonerow(m): 10:06am On Oct 09, 2018
Hello Guys, Help a brother plsss.....
thonerow:

As the dependent, I just want to ask if it would be okay to add CAC documents of our joint company and land documents to show home ties?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TFLASHOGEE(m): 1:06pm On Oct 09, 2018
@ Mr justwise you don't even come to Canadian tread to help or motivate us or is it because you live in the UK.?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ray2018: 5:08pm On Oct 09, 2018
Thanks guys, got my visa today

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:11pm On Oct 09, 2018
All documents that can prove that you've got major stakes/investments that will bring you back to Nigeria is good.
If you feel that it will help proven ties to your home country, then pls do so by all means.
But if you're adding CAC documents, then pls be ready to explain how the organization will run in your absence (or what structure is in place to handle the comoany til you return) as that might crop up and that of your wife since you'll be away for the duration of your course. The ECO might wonder how both of you wanna leave a thriving business without a plan for that long.
It's not always the case though and it oftentimes depends on what you filled in your application.

thonerow:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 8:13pm On Oct 09, 2018
Ray2018:
Thanks guys, got my visa today
Congratulations

(1) (2) (3) ... (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) (326) (327) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.