Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,925 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:06 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (322) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1335087 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
yerilistik:

Honestly if i know the answer i Will gladly help but since i didnt know the answer i kept quiet and didnt discourage him with unfriendly response . What i meant by simple was "straightforward" requiring just a yes or no response if u know the answer with or without an explanation if u chose

Come on ! Please let’s not pretend as if we don’t know what’s going on here, It’s fraudulent and it’s that simple. The money you presented as part of your student visa application is to be used in the U.K. and not withdrawn and use in Nigeria after submitting your application.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:17pm On Sep 27, 2018
yerilistik:

I thought he meant using part of the money and not removing the whole money or am i missing something ?

Does that make it any better?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:35am On Sep 28, 2018
olumzy1993:

The rule says 28 days....

Okay. Since you have read the rules for him.
Yes. 28 days.
Did the rule also state what the money is meant (and should be used) for?

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:44am On Sep 28, 2018
Raymondnwajei:

Don’t mind the ITK people here.. To even read and comprehend is a problem

Yes indeed, the “ITK” people should not be minded.

Maybe we should rather mind the prospective PG student who cannot read and comprehend simple visa rules.
The prospective PG student who has personal money, but needs to come to a public forum filled with a zillion strangers to ask if he can use part of “his” money.

In my place, we have a saying:
“If the one doing the talking is foolish, the one doing the listening is not necessarily foolish”.

And if your intention was for member(s) of this forum to endorse your proposed illegality and outright abuse of the Tier-4 rules, you have failed. No one is about to endorse your planned breach of the rules.
Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:49am On Sep 28, 2018
yerilistik:

Please dear friends this question is reasonable and makes sense, instead of attacking him with unfriendly replies or referring him to go read the rules without even telling him where to read the rules and even telling him to browse over 300 pages of this thread to find an answer to his simple question it's better to tell him if u already know it. Let's be our brother's keeper please smiley

Is there anything wrong in asking a prospective PG student to READ a rule book?

We are expected to be our brother’s keeper, not to spoon-feed a fully grown, apparently healthy, strong and virile Adult.
Bottom line:
LET HIM READ FHE RULES.

If he has any problems with understanding precise clauses in the rules, he may wish to seek help.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by comsatellite: 1:43pm On Sep 28, 2018
Well-done guys, you are doing well.
I am preparing to apply against January entry.
If I finish my admission application by Oct 15.
Can I meet up the January entry without having to rush any process?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 2:00pm On Sep 28, 2018
You'll be allowed in on a one way ticket on a student visa. You don't need a return ticket
Renee25:
Pls guys is it possible to get into the UK with a one-way ticket? I heard one must have a return ticket to be allowed through the border.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 2:01pm On Sep 28, 2018
Yes. Once you have all that's required.

comsatellite:
Well-done guys, you are doing well.
I am preparing to apply against January entry.
If I finish my admission application by Oct 15.
Can I meet up the January entry without having to rush any process?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 2:02pm On Sep 28, 2018
Exactly.

justwise:

Come on ! Please let’s not pretend as if we don’t know what’s going on here, It’s fraudulent and it’s that simple. The money you presented as part of your student visa application is to be used in the U.K. and not withdrawn and use in Nigeria after submitting your application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by docduke: 3:37pm On Sep 28, 2018
Pls what's the closing hour of tls and do they work on Saturdays?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 4:03pm On Sep 28, 2018
Visa application opening hours (except public holiday)
Opening hours 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
Prime Time Appointments 7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. Monday to Friday and some Saturday (this is rare)
Passport Return Window Hours 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday

docduke:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by comsatellite: 7:05pm On Sep 28, 2018
mimilyrics:
Yes. Once you have all that's required.

Okay thank you.
One more things, my dads writes his name as Karheem, I write mine as Abdulkareem, is it safe to use his account or just transfer the money to mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 7:55pm On Sep 28, 2018
Easier to get the money into your account to avoid having to give too many explanations.

But then, you can still use his account and include your birth certificate plus an affidavit stating that he's your father and the same person mentioned as your father on your birth certificate.

comsatellite:

Okay thank you.
One more things, my dads writes his name as Karheem, I write mine as Abdulkareem, is it safe to use his account or just transfer the money to mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 8:32pm On Sep 28, 2018
My self and 2 dependants did a group Submission at TLS Abuja.
I got a message today to pick up the visa for my 2 dependants ( spouse and son), whereas decision has not been take on mine, the main applicant. This is turning my head.
-Has anyone experienced this before?
Please house shed some light on this my case.
I'm worried.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by solarinde(m): 9:36pm On Sep 28, 2018
Got my visa today @ TLS Ikeja with my dependent
Biometric on 24/09/18
Received by ukvi 24/09/18
Mail from Sheffield 25/09/18
Decision made 26/09/18
Collection 28/09/18.
Both were approved.
Wish those who are yet to get theirs best of all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:17pm On Sep 28, 2018
Congrats.
Was it Super priority?
solarinde:
Got my visa today @ TLS Ikeja with my dependent
Biometric on 24/09/18
Received by ukvi 24/09/18
Mail from Sheffield 25/09/18
Decision made 26/09/18
Collection 28/09/18.
Both were approved.
Wish those who are yet to get theirs best of all.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by RalphJean: 12:34am On Sep 29, 2018
docduke:

We have so many lazy Nigerian youth on this thread wallahi.
A simple google search would have given you your answer in less than 1 minute. But no, you would rather not engage in searching for yourself. You prefer it from 3rd party.

Na wa ohhh

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dovies: 10:09am On Sep 29, 2018
kaad:
My self and 2 dependants did a group Submission at TLS Abuja.
I got a message today to pick up the visa for my 2 dependants ( spouse and son), whereas decision has not been take on mine, the main applicant. This is turning my head.
-Has anyone experienced this before?
Please house shed some light on this my case.
I'm worried.

It happened to my husband as the main applicant and my daughter. Only my passport was returned exactly 6 working days (priority). We waited till the 10th working day, called them and they returned my husband and daughters passports the following day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 10:43am On Sep 29, 2018
dovies:

It happened to my husband as the main applicant and my daughter. Only my passport was returned exactly 6 working days (priority). We waited till the 10th working day, called them and they returned my husband and daughters passports the following day.

Okay!!! Was your visa granted??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by solarinde(m): 12:24pm On Sep 29, 2018
Zoey1:
Congrats.
Was it Super priority?

Normal priority.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 12:56pm On Sep 29, 2018
Cool.
solarinde:

Normal priority.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by dovies: 3:58pm On Sep 29, 2018
kaad:

Okay!!! Was your visa granted??

Yea we got it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Noss30: 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2018
Good evening house and thank you for the great job you guys are doing here. I am a PhD student that requested and was offered a part time admission because, I wanted to be able to study from Nigeria and visit to discuss my research with my supervisor occasionally. But the university require me to apply for a tier 4 visa even though my visits will be short and occasional. My question is do I need to lodge upkeep money like a full time student in my account for 28days for my visa processing? Thanks.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kaad: 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
dovies:

Yea we got it.
Air of hope!!!!! Thank you so much dovies.
Kindly reply my mail
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:06pm On Sep 29, 2018
Noss30:
Good evening house and thank you for the great job you guys are doing here. I am a PhD student that requested and was offered a part time admission because, I wanted to be able to study from Nigeria and visit to discuss my research with my supervisor occasionally. But the university require me to apply for a tier 4 visa even though my visits will be short and occasional. My question is do I need to lodge upkeep money like a full time student in my account for 28days for my visa processing? Thanks.

Hello Noss30:
Nairaland is a GOOD place to ask this question.

I however would recommend another place for you. Which is the BEST Place to get the answers you seek.
Write your school and ask them. They will give you the BEST answer. Trust me.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by osho213(m): 11:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
now in uk..
..av really gain experience here..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 30, 2018
Please which network offers the best tariffs to call Nigeria from the UK?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by davide470(m): 9:15am On Sep 30, 2018
Canticle:
I use Lebara. 9p/min to Nigeria (Not bad to me), and free calls to the EU area. You can also go for Giffgaff et al.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 11:09am On Sep 30, 2018
Lycamobile costs between 9p to 12p per minute for calls (depending on your plan) and 19p for SMS to Nigeria. On its £15 plan, Lycamobile also has free 100 minutes to international numbers (but this doesn't include Nigeria) + 6gb data. Calls/texts within the UK are unlimited.
Tesco mobile costs 6p per minute for calls and 0p for SMS to Nigeria (using their international call card or international call app). You can decide to get a line with them if you so wish.

PS: Regardless of what network you're on, you can always download the Tesco app, costs 6p for calls to Nigeria. For example, you can use a Lycamobile line and use the Tesco calling app for your calls to Naija. Just download it from the app or play store and top up as you want. £2.52 will give you 42 mins talk time and unlimited SMS to Naija.
Your Lycamobile number will be what shows up when you call any Naija number.

Canticle:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by davide470(m): 10:47pm On Sep 30, 2018
mimilyrics:
Lycamobile costs between 9p to 12p per minute for calls (depending on your plan) and 19p for SMS to Nigeria. On its £15 plan, Lycamobile also has free 100 minutes to international numbers (but this doesn't include Nigeria) + 6gb data. Calls/texts within the UK are unlimited.
Tesco mobile costs 6p per minute for calls and 0p for SMS to Nigeria (using their international call card or international call app). You can decide to get a line with them if you so wish.

PS: Regardless of what network you're on, you can always download the Tesco app, costs 6p for calls to Nigeria. For example, you can use a Lycamobile line and use the Tesco calling app for your calls to Naija. Just download it from the app or play store and top up as you want. £2.52 will give you 42 mins talk time and unlimited SMS to Naija.
Your Lycamobile number will be what shows up when you call any Naija number.

Mimilyrics for President! cheesy

Thank you for taking out time to respond to questions being asked here without being "sarcastic" atimes like the other Ogas. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by thonerow(m): 11:36pm On Sep 30, 2018
Hello house, pls assist, are the following documents sufficient for tier 4 dependent visa?
1. Usual docs-TB test, my bank statement, wife passport, wife CAS, my passport
2. Wedding pics and invitation
I want to know if I am missing something pls and if I need to paste the pictures on a plain A4 sheet.
Pls help guys
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mimilyrics: 8:06am On Oct 01, 2018
Documents missing from your list:

- Copy of the Tier 4 student’s current visa/BRP (front and back), (if applying separately).
- Letter from the university confirming Tier 4 student is currently enrolled, (if applying separately).
- Marriage certificate showing evidence of marriage where the dependant is a spouse (you do not need to submit this if applying for an extension of an existing Tier 4 dependant visa within the UK).
- Evidence of continuing relationship with your partner if you have lived apart for some time (if applying separately). You can evidence this via emails, phone/skype logs, plane tickets from visiting one another, family photos, covering letter laying out your position etc. (This is applicable if the main tier 4 applicant has gotten his/her Visa and gone to the UK without you, his dependent).

2. Your wedding invitation isn't required. Submit your wedding certificate instead.

thonerow:
Hello house, pls assist, are the following documents sufficient for tier 4 dependent visa?
1. Usual docs-TB test, my bank statement, wife passport, wife CAS, my passport
2. Wedding pics and invitation
I want to know if I am missing something pls and if I need to paste the pictures on a plain A4 sheet.
Pls help guys

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (319) (320) (321) (322) (323) (324) (325) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.