Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,411 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1334888 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by popplm(m): 12:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
Thanks to everyone who have been offering help and advice to us in this group. Pls, I have a question that requires urgent reply. Can I use the joint account of me and my wife (who is one of my dependent) for the 28 days maintenance money lodge.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by EkpeEkpe: 6:17pm On Jul 28, 2019
Oga Justwise, Dear all, three months ago I was denied Schengen visa to Spain. I had applied to attend a conference. I think the issue was with my documentation. Do you think this will affect my chance of getting a Tier 4 visa to the UK? I plan to use Priority Service. I’m just worried after I saw where it was stated somewhere that prior denial of a visa to some countries can cause delay on UK visa application decision. I’m applying next week. I really would appreciate any useful insight. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phayie(m): 8:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
popplm:
Thanks to everyone who have been offering help and advice to us in this group. Pls, I have a question that requires urgent reply. Can I use the joint account of me and my wife (who is one of my dependent) for the 28 days maintenance money lodge.

As long as your name appear in the account I think you have nothing to worry about
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
EkpeEkpe:
Oga Justwise, Dear all, three months ago I was denied Schengen visa to Spain. I had applied to attend a conference. I think the issue was with my documentation. Do you think this will affect my chance of getting a Tier 4 visa to the UK? I plan to use Priority Service. I’m just worried after I saw where it was stated somewhere that prior denial of a visa to some countries can cause delay on UK visa application decision. I’m applying next week. I really would appreciate any useful insight. Thanks

Was the document fraudulent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by joyivro: 10:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
Good evening Justwise and other gurus,please if I did a lodgement on the 5th and extra on the 6th do u think it’s better to print from the 6th and if so when does my 28 days end.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
joyivro:
Good evening Justwise and other gurus,please if I did a lodgement on the 5th and extra on the 6th do u think it’s better to print from the 6th and if so when does my 28 days end.

Count from the day you have the complete money in your account whether 5th or 6th, that includes weekends
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TallTony75: 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
popplm:

Does the total money in the join account covers both of you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by eiete(f): 11:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
nwabobo:

I hope you do know that Kings tuition for Nursing is £28K pounds per annum and you get to pay that + the yearly increment every year for the duration of the course (three years for the degree and 2 for PGdip).

I'm an alumnus of the Kings Nursing faculty.

That tuition is exorbitant in my opinion considering nurses remuneration in the UK. I don't know what your long term plans are though.

You're very right. At the end of the day when you Qualify as a Nurse, they are only going to be looking at your Pin not what University you attended or what grade you graduated with.
I am currently doing my MSc. in Adult Nursing at University of Bedfordshire and there is nothing wrong with the university. It's up to one as a student to put in the hard work to produce good results.

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by twojul: 11:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
I applied for a short term study visa but when i got my passport back, the visa type read C-Visit. I assume it should say student. I've called UKVI and sent emails but the best response i've gotten is that they'll reply in 15 days which isn't good for me as my program starts in a week. Do i cancel my trip and my program and wait for them to verify if its the right one or not or do i carry on with my travel plans and present all application form showing the class i applied for when i arrive the uk?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:04am On Jul 29, 2019
twojul:
I applied for a short term study visa but when i got my passport back, the visa type read C-Visit. I assume it should say student. I've called UKVI and sent emails but the best response i've gotten is that they'll reply in 15 days which isn't good for me as my program starts in a week. Do i cancel my trip and my program and wait for them to verify if its the right one or not or do i carry on with my travel plans and present all application form showing the class i applied for when i arrive the uk?

If your proposed ‘short study’ is less than 6 months, it’s fine.
I got exactly such a visa in 2015 when I applied to attend a course.
I got exactly the same in 2016 to attend a 4-month training.
So...I think you are good to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nwabobo: 12:11am On Jul 29, 2019
eiete:

You're very right. At the end of the day when you Qualify as a Nurse, they are only going to be looking at your Pin not what University you attended or what grade you graduated with.
I am currently doing my MSc. in Adult Nursing at University of Bedfordshire and there is nothing wrong with the university. It's up to one as a student to put in the hard work to produce good results.

Adiagha, aba die?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by popplm(m): 2:53am On Jul 29, 2019
TallTony75:

Does the total money in the join account covers both of you?
yes even our kids
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TallTony75: 3:15am On Jul 29, 2019
popplm:
yes even our kids

In that case i will suggest that your wife write a letter of consent that your husband can use the fund join account. Why i suggest this is because I got a family friend who used join account of him and the wife application refused because the ECO stated that they're not satisfy that the main applicant will have access to all the money in the account. Even when both names appeared on the bank statement.

Please don't create room for a refusal, just a simple letter 3 to 4 letter can do you a lot good

My suggest is just my view and from what i have seen, i might be wrong. Other suggestions are welcome.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by EkpeEkpe: 8:10am On Jul 29, 2019
Not at all. No fraudulent documents were submitted.

UPDATED:
Justwise, funny enough I have just bothered to check the refusal letter after that your question grin. What I saw is “Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided”. Do you think this might count against me with the Tier 4 application?
justwise:

Was the document fraudulent?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:54am On Jul 29, 2019
EkpeEkpe:
Not at all. No fraudulent documents were submitted.

UPDATED:
Justwise, funny enough I have just bothered to check the refusal letter after that your question grin. What I saw is “Justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not provided”. Do you think this might count against me with the Tier 4 application?

No it will not as long as you declare.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sleeksylvia(f): 10:52am On Jul 29, 2019
Please I want to seek counsel. Which interview option is better to choose from: self service and prime time or self service and premium? These are the nearest available options. Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by EkpeEkpe: 11:21am On Jul 29, 2019
Ok, Sir. Thanks a lot. I will be doing a Priority Service. I was just concerned it might amount to a waste of resources.
justwise:
[/b]
No it will not as long as you declare.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by wintabotom: 12:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
For children to be eligible for a dependant visa, it is a requirement that both parents need to be in the UK or coming to the UK. There are few exceptions to this requirement. Families who cannot meet this requirement will need to evidence the 'serious and compelling' reasons why the child should be with you in the UK, or that you have 'sole responsibility' for the child, and that you have made suitable arrangements for the child's care. I noticed my comment was deleted... however this is my 2kobo if your wife wouldnt be going with you.. you can also do your research on what to say and how to prove why she isn't going with you.
Kairosmoment:
@justwise @Zoey @lajibilik

Please I need you to kindly help me review my Teir 4 Visa Process with a Dependent:

1. I got an offer for NTU with School Fees £14,500
2 I got scholarship in form of fee reduction £2,000
3.I paid £6,000 part payment
4. I deposited 10.5Million Naira ( for £21,755 deposit requirement) on June 26th
5. Please, based on exchange rate fluctuations is this enough?

6. I intend to apply july 26th, I have booked TB test for me and my son for july 25th

7. Also, do I have to leave all the 10.5Million in the account through out the 15 working days processing time?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:49pm On Jul 29, 2019
wintabotom:
For children to be eligible for a dependant visa, it is a requirement that both parents need to be in the UK or coming to the UK. There are few exceptions to this requirement. Families who cannot meet this requirement will need to evidence the 'serious and compelling' reasons why the child should be with you in the UK, or that you have 'sole responsibility' for the child, and that you have made suitable arrangements for the child's care. I noticed my comment was deleted... however this is my 2kobo if your wife wouldnt be going with you.. you can also do your research on what to say and how to prove why she isn't going with you.

Definitely not in this thread or section

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by wintabotom: 1:09pm On Jul 29, 2019
ok maybe network is doing magic grin for some reason i didnt see the comment earlier ..have a great day
justwise:

Definitely not in this thread or section

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Patra123(f): 6:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
Thanks to God and to all those that answered my questions..Granted a year and six months visa for a one year course at Coventry.
Online Application was on 1/7/19
Biometrics/ Interview was on 9/7/19
Collection Mail from Tls: 29/7/19
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Interview Questions were:
Confirm name
Course
Why course
Why the school
Did you consider other schools..I said 4 Uni Names and said I compared Tuition, Ranking according to Guardian League Guide, and what my faculty has.
Future plans (I was given a one year study leave from my work)
How will the course help you achieve that (I mentioned some modules I would be studying and how they relate to my course)
Expected salary on my return back to my place of work.
Who’s funding my schooling (Maintenance was in my account but I explained my mom has been sending me the money)
How many dependents does your sponsor have
Where would you stay in School.
How much is the accommodation ( I mentioned names and amount for hostels I remembered)
Where my mom’s business is located at, annual returns, how many years has the Business been running
The lady was nice, she gave me time and said I was fast so she could type my answers..
She then said hope she was audible enough and I asked if I was audible too..She said yes and all the best in my application.
Note: I was scared before I went in but I relaxed when I saw it was a normal 15.6” (Lol) computer with the interviewer on one corner of the screen. �
All the best guys.
Please pardon any grammatical errors you may find on this.
Thanks

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Patra123(f): 6:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
Patra123:
Thanks to God and to all those that answered my questions..Granted a year and six months visa for a one year course at Coventry.
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Confirm name
Course
Why course
Why the school
Did you consider other schools..I said 4 Uni Names and said I compared Tuition, Ranking according to Guardian League Guide, and what my faculty has.
How will the course help you achieve that (I mentioned some modules I would be studying and how they relate to my course)
Who’s funding my schooling (Maintenance was in my account but I explained my mom has been sending me the money)
How much is the accommodation ( I mentioned names and amount for hostels I remembered)
Where my mom’s business is located at, annual returns, how many years has the Business been running
The lady was nice, she gave me time and said I was fast so she could type my answers..
She then said hope she was audible enough and I asked if I was audible too..She said yes and all the best in my application.
Note: I was scared before I went in but I relaxed when I saw it was a normal 15.6” (Lol) computer with the interviewer on one corner of the screen. �
All the best guys.
Thanks
Future Plan is to come back to Nigeria ooo..Let me not confuse anyone but I mentioned how the course would impact to my present place of work and said my office gave me a study leave permit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by GVGR: 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hello @justwise and other gurus in the house.
My fiance is a PhD student in UK, her current visa will run till May 2020.
My question is
1) what is the least time on her visa for me to apply as a dependent (husband)

2) She has option of applying for post doctoral experience which is 1 year visa. When is best for me to apply as spouse.
We intend to marry end of this year

I will appreciate a swift response from the house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phayie(m): 7:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
Patra123:
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Confirm name
Course
Why course
Why the school
All the best guys.
Thanks

Congratulations

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by TallTony75: 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
Patra123:
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Confirm name
Course
Why course
Why the school
All the best guys.
Thanks

Congratulations
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
GVGR:
Hello @justwise and other gurus in the house.
My fiance is a PhD student in UK, her current visa will run till May 2020.
My question is
1) what is the least time on her visa for me to apply as a dependent (husband)

2) She has option of applying for post doctoral experience which is 1 year visa. When is best for me to apply as spouse.
We intend to marry end of this year

I will appreciate a swift response from the house

I don't think there is a less time but i suggest you apply as soon as possible because they will issue you visa based on the number of time left on her visa.

After you got married you will still apply for dependant visa and not spouse visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Abini2012: 10:45pm On Jul 29, 2019
Patra123:
Victoria Island, Lagos.
Confirm name
Course
Why course
Why the school
All the best guys.
Thanks
Congratulations dear. Oya bring dry fish come Coventry o. We dey wait you grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Patra123(f): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
TallTony75:

Congratulations
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Patra123(f): 10:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Phayie:

Congratulations
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bibibabe(f): 11:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
@ Patra123,

First a big congratulations. I would like to know if you used the standard visa service or priority? I did my biometrics since 16th of July and used priority service but yet to hear from them. I called last week and was told decision has been made and should contact the VAC, almost 10 working days and no word from TLS.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by poshbebe21: 11:43pm On Jul 29, 2019
Abini2012:

Abini2012:

Abini2012:

Abini2012:

Congratulations!
Please did you use priority or standard service?

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.