Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,657 members, 7,809,486 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:27 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1332604 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jamiel89: 2:54pm On Sep 18, 2019
Why?

waynee2baba:
Y'all starting this September, hope you're aware that you might not be eligible for th 2-year post-study work visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 3:09pm On Sep 18, 2019
Depends on duration of their study and further plans.
waynee2baba:
Y'all starting this September, hope you're aware that you might not be eligible for th 2-year post-study work visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Elmariachi2017(m): 4:19pm On Sep 18, 2019
How do I track my visa application. Priority is almost 10days now
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sirgigs: 4:44pm On Sep 18, 2019
Hello All,

Kudos for all the info shared in here. But i have a concern i read on the UK Gov website that seem quite different from what i have read here as per Dependants able to join their Principal appilicant who is a Student in the UK.

Below is an excerpt from the website;

Family members
Your family members (dependants) might be able to apply to join or remain with you in the UK if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

A dependant is either:

your husband, wife or civil partner
your unmarried or same-sex partner
your child under 18 years old - including if they were born in the UK during your stay
You can apply to bring a dependant to the UK if you’re:

sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at level 7 on the Ofqual register or above that lasts 9 months or more
a new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months
a Doctorate Extension Scheme student
Savings

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
sirgigs:
Hello All,

Kudos for all the info shared in here. But i have a concern i read on the UK Gov website that seem quite different from what i have read here as per Dependants able to join their Principal appilicant who is a Student in the UK.

Below is an excerpt from the website;

Family members
Your family members (dependants) might be able to apply to join or remain with you in the UK if they’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland.

A dependant is either:

your husband, wife or civil partner
your unmarried or same-sex partner
your child under 18 years old - including if they were born in the UK during your stay
You can apply to bring a dependant to the UK if you’re:

sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at level 7 on the Ofqual register or above that lasts 9 months or more
a new government-sponsored student on a course that lasts longer than 6 months
a Doctorate Extension Scheme student
Savings

https://www.gov.uk/tier-4-general-visa/family-members

What part of that article are you confused about?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2019
Zoey1:
Depends on duration of their study and further plans.
Most people starting this September (MSc) will be graduating next year. Only people that would graduate after 2020 are eligible. The safest thing to do is to find January courses (MSc) with a duration of 15 months, so you'd be eligible for the post-work study visa. N/B: I'm referring to only prospective Masters applicants.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lily1234: 5:34pm On Sep 18, 2019
Bro my masters is for 2 years (with placement) would be ending by 2021. So dont just conclude or generalise

waynee2baba:

Most people starting this September (MSc) will be graduating next year. Only people that would graduate after 2020 are eligible. The safest thing to do is to find January courses (MSc) with a duration of 15 months, so you'd be eligible for the post-work study visa. N/B: I'm referring to only prospective Masters applicants.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Damilolaoluwa: 6:19pm On Sep 18, 2019
[quote author=Berryabel post=82339283]Congratulations! How do I contact you privately?

Did you get any passport notification today?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Qlip: 7:40pm On Sep 18, 2019
Elmariachi2017:
How do I track my visa application. Priority is almost 10days now

I believe you're not alone in this delay, mine is also about 10 days...prioroty too, just wait a little while longer. you can track it through the link in the mail sent to you when you applied. calling didnt help my case as money was just deducted and they said the decision has been made while refusing to disclose when it was made. Was at the Ikeja office and they said they are yet to receive my passport...beats me where the delay is coming from...

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 8:13pm On Sep 18, 2019
Is everyone doing Masters?
Are there no PhD students, Undergrads here?
What if A Masters student gets PhD funding? Or chose to start PhD by him or herself?

waynee2baba:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
Zoey1:
What if A Masters student gets PhD funding? Or chose to start PhD by him or herself?

But He wasnt talking about undergrad and PHD so why bring it up ......The post stated MsC .... if someone is doing a 9 or 12 months masters he raised a very valid point . It up to anyone to take or leave it but it is a choice to wisely consider

For those who might not have travelled or dont know much about UK... it's good its highlighted

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Berryabel: 9:26pm On Sep 18, 2019
No, Dami. Nothing from them yet!

[quote author=Damilolaoluwa post=82353997][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by assumpta1: 10:47pm On Sep 18, 2019
Please did you include anything for accommodation?
Goldengift94:
Hey guys!! Got my visa and that of my dependant today..

Timeline..
Applied and did biometric on 13 sept (walkin +spv)
Received collection mail yesterday 16 sept

Documents submitted for hubby (dependant)
Marriage certificate
My affidavit and newspaper publication for change of name(This is to proof my status as the married partner as required on our document checklist)
Five pictures ( printed on an A4 paper)
My cas
Statement of account (in my name)
Tb cert

I must confess...This thread is more than 3million agents joined together��� I really appreciate all of you..God bless you all!!!

Ps..who is going to Nottingham trent university??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by assumpta1: 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Please do I need to include proof of accommodation when applying as dependant? We are yet to secure accommodation there and we plan to get bed & breakfast for the first few days.
@justwise
@bourne007
Thanks for your help so far wink
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sirgigs: 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2019
The part that has to do with Dependants. I am not clear about the bullet points below;

*Sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at level 7 on the Ofqual register or above that lasts 9 months

How does a Higher education Institution sponsor my Dependants?

justwise:

What part of that article are you confused about?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2019
You (sirgigs) can apply to bring a dependant to the UK if those 3 bullet points are met tongue

sirgigs:

The part that has to do with Dependants. I am not clear about the bullet points below;

*Sponsored by a higher education institution on a course at level 7 on the Ofqual register or above that lasts 9 months

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 11:35pm On Sep 18, 2019
Maintenance funds covers this so you don't necessarily need am.

assumpta1:
Please do I need to include proof of accommodation when applying as dependant? We are yet to secure accommodation there and we plan to get bed & breakfast for the first few days.
@justwise
@bourne007
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 11:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
Lily1234:
Bro my masters is for 2 years (with placement) would be ending by 2021. So dont just conclude or generalise

Did I even tag you? undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 11:38pm On Sep 18, 2019
LagosismyHome:

But He wasnt talking about undergrad and PHD so why bring it up ......The post stated MsC .... if someone is doing a 9 or 12 months masters he raised a very valid point . It up to anyone to take or leave it but it is a choice to wisely consider

For those who might not have travelled or dont know much about UK... it's good its highlighted

Don't mind that Zoey1. Something that I stated clearly o and bolded the 'N/B'. I taya for some people sef sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 11:40pm On Sep 18, 2019
Lily1234:

And I said "most" not all. Why can't you read to understand? undecided
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 11:45pm On Sep 18, 2019
To further reply you or clear you up would be a sheer waste.
Continue with your insults, after all Internet can make you say whatever.
waynee2baba:

Don't mind that Zoey1. Something that I stated clearly o and bolded the 'N/B'. I taya for some people sef sad
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 11:51pm On Sep 18, 2019
Zoey1:

1. Read to understand
2. Look at number 1
3. What if an MSc student doesn't get PhD funding? or cannot afford a PhD after completing their MSc? Always consider every possible scenario. At least me pinpointing it now will create awareness and make people plan ahead. “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 11:57pm On Sep 18, 2019
Zoey1:
To further reply you or clear you up would be a sheer waste.
Continue with your insults, after all Internet can make you say whatever.
Insult? where? And Clear me up on what exactly lol. Zoey, you need to read to understand innit, stop jumping into conclusions. You'd be alright yeah.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jayvallia: 1:50am On Sep 19, 2019
Zoey, do you mean if you have a 2yr masters with placement starting this Sept you can benefit from the post study plan? How please? I have just started a masters but for my course you just get 1 year Visa, you need to apply for placement before the end of the 1 yr visa which the school takes care of with ukvi.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Goldengift94(f): 7:43am On Sep 19, 2019
assumpta1:
@justwise
@bourne007
at all
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Goldengift94(f): 7:47am On Sep 19, 2019
assumpta1:
Please did you include anything for accommodation?
we didn't submit any document for proof of accommodation but theres a place where you will be asked about accommodation plan while filling the application form..hubby wrote " I will be staying with my wife in an hotel for few days before we complete our accommodation arrangement.
Hope this help..
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lovesavvi: 8:40am On Sep 19, 2019
Pls does minor dependant age 4yrs and 1year also paid for IHS and also do tuberculosis test ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:02am On Sep 19, 2019
sirgigs:

The word ''sponsor'' is referring to your school..that is university registered/approved to admit foreign students...level 7 qualification is postgraduate.

So simply put...if you are going for Msc studies offered by an university(sponsor) then you are allowed to bring your dependant.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:05am On Sep 19, 2019
assumpta1:
@justwise
@bourne007

You don't have to but state where you plan to stay before getting permanent place.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Plus21: 4:08pm On Sep 19, 2019
hello everyone.
please I have a direct question.
I would be going for a 2 years masters program in the UK by January.
tuition fee is 7k per year. I. e 14k for entire program.
paid deposit of 4k.
maintenance fee for 9months is 10k

my question is....if have 13k in my bank statement for 30 days, would I be in line with the ukvi requirement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 4:17pm On Sep 19, 2019
That's correct.
Just add some little change because of Forex fluctuations.

Plus21:
hello everyone.
paid deposit of 4k.

my question is....if have 13k in my bank statement for 30 days, would I be in line with the ukvi requirement?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Goodluck418: 4:52pm On Sep 19, 2019
grin
Plus21:
hello everyone.
paid deposit of 4k.

[color=#006600]

Please which school did you apply for, because most of the schools am seeing here are around 12,000£ which is quite expensive.
At least 7k per year is cheap.

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.