Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (410) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1337466 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlaFash91(m): 9:48pm On Sep 21, 2019
Bro I sent u an e-message, pls respond. Tnx!!

chucksbadt:
Oh yeah
Finally!!

Called UKVI this morning
Those people expensive sha, N6k comot for my account for the 10 mins call i made. The 6k is separate from the regular call charges. Last last just hold your ATM for hand with enough money inside if you one call them.

They said a decesion was made since 27th August.
Immediately i dropped the call, i tracked my application and now noticed it was now 4/6. After like 3 hours, it was 6/6. My Passport is currently on the way via DHL.

In summary
Biometrics done 19th August (Standard service)
Decesion made 27 August
Passport will be received tomorrow 18th September

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chidarlus(m): 10:55pm On Sep 21, 2019
OlaFash91:
Have been trying to call ukvi, but after have been transferred, they always say my card transactions been declined
Have tried two different cards n both are activated for web transactions

So I don't know what the probs is!!

Its already 10 working days after biometrics and my application hasn't been transferred back to VAC.
Pls anyone who's called shld tell me exactly how u logged in ur card details. Tnx
P.S: I put in my application through the priority service
UKVI is currently prioritizing visas due to d large volume of visa applications. So if ur start date is closer the faster your visa comes out...
Besides I know u counted 9th of September(public holiday in UK l) in ur 10 working days. Priority usually take 10-12 working days now, so expect ur visa on Tuesday or Wednesday

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlaFash91(m): 11:15pm On Sep 21, 2019
Tnx for the reply
The answer is comforting grin

chidarlus:

UKVI is currently prioritizing visas due to d large volume of visa applications. So if ur start date is closer the faster your visa comes out...
Besides I know u counted 9th of September(public holiday in UK l) in ur 10 working days. Priority usually take 10-12 working days now, so expect ur visa on Tuesday or Wednesday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 5:35am On Sep 22, 2019
Patiently wait then....
joyivro:

A mistake normal standard,have been there it’s not there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 22, 2019
P
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sirgigs: 11:50am On Sep 22, 2019
justwise:

Tie 4 student rule is very clear on that..only your mother, father or legal guidance can sponsor an applicant

Paying school fees before submitting application will not make much of a difference because the school will still take their money during orientation anyway. Hardly will they allow you to pay by installment.

Thanks Justwise for responding to some of my questions.

Okay, I want to be clear of this sponsorship stuff because in my Case my father is late and the only father figure we all know is this my uncle.

Thus;

*My Paternal Uncle sent me through the university since the death of my parents in 1998.

* This was done by paid rents from my fathers estates into a bank account then Uncle writes us cheques as the need arises.
* Every December. during our family get together, details and copies of spending is presented to all children.

So
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:53pm On Sep 22, 2019
sirgigs:

Thanks Justwise for responding to some of my questions.

Okay, I want to be clear of this sponsorship stuff because in my Case my father is late and the only father figure we all know is this my uncle.

Thus;

*My Paternal Uncle sent me through the university since the death of my parents in 1998.

* This was done by paid rents from my fathers estates into a bank account then Uncle writes us cheques as the need arises.
* Every December. during our family get together, details and copies of spending is presented to all children.

So

Let your uncle transfer the whole money into your account(school fees and maintenance money) and start counting the 28days.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by sirgigs: 2:07pm On Sep 22, 2019
justwise:

Let your uncle transfer the whole money into your account(school fees and maintenance money) and start counting the 28days.

Thanks Boss
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 22, 2019
Is there anyone trying to schedule appointment using the Abuja TLS and its showing blank , grey and Sold from Sept 23rd to Oct 14th?
Is that really possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Berryabel: 8:54pm On Sep 22, 2019
martinoonline:

Please i'm experiencing same issue with payment of IHS, please somebody helppppppppp!

@manskido: When you're able to sort this out, please let me know how you did it.

My gtb declined several times too. I eventually used a zenith mastercard and it worked the first time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2019
Used GTB for someone for all and it went at first attempt.
The post you replied too was 2015.
Lols

Berryabel:

My gtb declined several times too. I eventually used a zenith mastercard and it worked the first time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:07am On Sep 23, 2019
Maxihyfr:

I am to start in January.. would I benefit from it? 1year msc
I don't know o. Because you are still regarded as 2019/2020 admission. Just defer to September 2020 to benefit as I am sure about that.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 23, 2019
Jayvallia:

Do you mean If you are studying a 2year masters starting this Sept you might be able to benefit from the post study work rights ?

Provided you will graduate from July 2021 onwards. You are good to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ggoldmine: 11:11am On Sep 23, 2019
Phunmmiee:
Is it that people are just sheer callous, I have asked this question since yesterday, modified today yet not one person could respond.
It Is well.

Please, remove this nonsense. Some of us don't work for nairaland that should make us online 24/7.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jayvallia: 1:02pm On Sep 23, 2019
Please guys. I am doing an MSC and it appears I have lectures everyday. Is it compulsory to attend every lecture? How then do you work?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Elmariachi2017(m): 1:04pm On Sep 23, 2019
The wait on priority visa. Over 11days and counting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BizBloke(m): 1:48pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jayvallia:
Please guys. I am doing an MSC and it appears I have lectures everyday. Is it compulsory to attend every lecture? How then do you work?

Yes, compulsory plus remember the primary purpose of spending lots of pounds to be in the UK is study.

You work weekends. From Friday evening to Sunday night, you can carve out 20 hours per week.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jayvallia:

Lmao
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jayvallia:

Forget about the saying that you can work and train yourself on a student visa. Its a myth that is completely false.

In terms of priority school comes first and work comes after so in this case , you can only aim to work evening or weekend
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jamiel89: 2:00pm On Sep 23, 2019
It's crazy.

Elmariachi2017:
The wait on priority visa. Over 11days and counting
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlaFash91(m): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2019
I really don't get it.
U pay for a service and yet u don't enjoy the benefit
The delay is something else

Jamiel89:
It's crazy.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Jayvallia: 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Forget about the saying that you can work and train yourself on a student visa. Its a myth that is completely false.

In terms of priority school comes first and work comes after so in this case , you can only aim to work evening or weekend

Wonderful
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2019
Note that most Unis (if not all) do take attendance as well so they can report who's breaching immigration rules

Jayvallia:

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2019
Jayvallia:

Wonderful
If you wanted work, y did u not defer your admission till next year. Hence, after u graduate, u get 2 years post study work visa.

U are in UK to study and not to work babe. Although, u can work in weekends sha.

I have advised many people to potspone their MSC to next year to get 2 years post work visa which could lead to residency and great job.

You will get everytthing back and secure your future.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ggoldmine: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2019
joyivro:

Biometrics since 23rd August, and they said a decision has been made since 12th September.

Hello. Any news yet? I read from an Immigration forum about visiting the British Embassy in the country since passports are dispatched to the VACs from there. In this case, the applicant visited the Embassy in Abuja because he applied there and the result was positive after two hours. You could give it a try.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by OlaFash91(m): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2019
Please kindly expantiate
Thank you

ggoldmine:

Hello. Any news yet? I read from an Immigration forum about visiting the British Embassy in the country since passports are dispatched to the VACs from there. In this case, the applicant visited the Embassy in Abuja because he applied there and the result was positive after two hours. You could give it a try.

(1) (2) (3) ... (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) (412) (413) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.