Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,398 members, 7,819,422 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (408) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1337315 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bobodudu100: 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2019
Hey guys pls can you confirm what documents does one need to travel with. Eg school documents . Do you also need to go with bank statement . If so is there a requirement for how recent t should be. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
bobodudu100:
Hey guys pls can you confirm what documents does one need to travel with. Eg school documents . Do you also need to go with bank statement . If so is there a requirement for how recent t should be. Thanks

Check the first page ....first post
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bobodudu100: 8:18pm On Sep 19, 2019
The 1st page talks about documents for visa application I am referring to what documets ou might need to tender ay the border when you arrive at Heathrow airport.
LagosismyHome:

Check the first page ....first post
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by chidarlus(m): 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2019
zebjoe:

Thank you very much.
The truth is we have more than enough money to take care of all 3 of us base on the calculation, in her account already for over 28 days. The money in my own account (over 28 days also) is enough as maintenance money for myself and the kid only. What will you advice in this case?Does it make sense if i add this statement or i should just disregard and use hers only?

You can use both....it could possibly buffer any forex fluctuations. State nobody depends on her financially and state your kids depend on you financially.

NB: please your wife better have a good explanation on how she makes her money so as not to be ambushed by the visa office about how she came about the money to sponsor herself and her family
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Damilolaoluwa: 9:47pm On Sep 19, 2019
[quote author=Berryabel post=82358563]No, Dami. Nothing from them yet!

I collected my passport today and visa granted.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Damilolaoluwa: 9:51pm On Sep 19, 2019
[quote author=Damilolaoluwa post=

Hello House.

Please am I to book for one way or a return ticket.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Berryabel: 9:55pm On Sep 19, 2019
Yaaaaayyyy.... Congratulations, Dami. I'm so happy for you. I pray to share in this success story too! I can't imagine how you feel!
How do I reach you directly?

[quote author=Damilolaoluwa post=82387943][/quote]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Berryabel: 10:04pm On Sep 19, 2019
You can book a one way ticket. I don't think a return ticket is compulsory.

Damilolaoluwa:
[quote author=Damilolaoluwa post=

Hello House.

Please am I to book for one way or a return ticket.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:17am On Sep 20, 2019
chidarlus:

You can use both....it could possibly buffer any forex fluctuations. State nobody depends on her financially and state your kids depend on you financially.

NB: please your wife better have a good explanation on how she makes her money so as not to be ambushed by the visa office about how she came about the money to sponsor herself and her family.

Interesting comment in bold .... do they ask for source of money and how the money was made ?

Or the primary focus is just the ability to show you have the money for at least 28 days

Cc justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Damilolaoluwa: 6:15am On Sep 20, 2019
[quote author=Damilolaoluwa post=82390965][/quote
Have received any notification from TLS?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 6:52am On Sep 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Interesting comment in bold .... do they ask for source of money and how the money was made ?

Or the primary focus is just the ability to show you have the money for at least 28 days

Cc justwise

Such questions do come about...who is sponsoring you and what do you do for work?...but not always the main focus.

That's not to say that one shouldn't have a convincing answer to those questions

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:01am On Sep 20, 2019
justwise:

Such questions do come about...who is sponsoring you and what do you do for work?...but not always the main focus.

That's not to say that one shouldn't have a convincing answer to those questions

Thanks... this is noted

If a man is travelling with his wife and daughter and the source of fund if asked is stated that his brother who is living in the UK sent it. I wonder if that would be an issue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BizBloke(m): 8:19am On Sep 20, 2019
Goodluck418:
grin

Please which school did you apply for, because most of the schools am seeing here are around 12,000£ which is quite expensive.
At least 7k per year is cheap.

Try Teesside University.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 9:27am On Sep 20, 2019
BizBloke:

Try Teesside University.
Teesside is like £12k, deposit is £4k. The max discount they'd give you is £1.5k
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BizBloke(m): 9:45am On Sep 20, 2019
waynee2baba:

Teesside is like £12k, deposit is £4k. The max discount they'd give you is £1.5k

You're right about the deposit & max discount.

Notwithstanding, he said per year, correct? Teesside per year is £7k; a degree that runs for 2 years.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by beryour(m): 10:21am On Sep 20, 2019
Congrats Dami,

whats your timeline pls?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Goldengift94(f): 10:41am On Sep 20, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Thanks... this is noted

If a man is travelling with his wife and daughter and the source of fund if asked is stated that his brother who is living in the UK sponsored it and sent it. I wonder if that would be an issue
your relatives are not allowed to sponsor. Its only your parents or you that can sponsor
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Plus21: 10:47am On Sep 20, 2019
Goodluck418:
grin[color=#006600]

Please which school did you apply for, because most of the schools am seeing here are around 12,000£ which is quite expensive.
At least 7k per year is cheap.

teesside university
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:52am On Sep 20, 2019
Goldengift94:
your relatives are not allowed to sponsor. Its only your parents or you that can sponsor

Thanks for your comment ... but I guess it's how you define words... so sponsor in terms of how you came about with the money

I saw the money can only be in your bank account or your parents if acting as the sponsor ....

But my question is around , the money is in your account but if asked how you came about it . Saying a sibling gave you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Qlip: 11:12am On Sep 20, 2019
My school is already threatening to report me to UKVI and curtail my visa if I dont show up for enrolment by my latest acceptance date. Funny thing is I am yet to get my passport back and I dont even know if I was granted a visa or not. Today makes it the 12th day for a supposed priority visa. na wa for them o, dont know where this delay is from.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Elmariachi2017(m): 11:15am On Sep 20, 2019
The wait is not funny
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 11:23am On Sep 20, 2019
Relax.
That's not a threat ,its the normal procedure.
If student does not show up or use the CAS issued,the school has to report back to UKVI
Be hopeful about your application.
Qlip:
My school is already threatening to report me to UKVI and curtail my visa if I dont show up for enrolment by my latest acceptance date. Funny thing is I am yet to get my passport back and I dont even know if I was granted a visa or not. Today makes it the 12th day for a supposed priority visa. na wa for them o, dont know where this delay is from.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 11:25am On Sep 20, 2019
Qlip:

This is why you should always plan and apply early.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by wyclephy(m): 11:57am On Sep 20, 2019

Congrats Damilola. All the best. I will share my own good news soon.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by assumpta1: 12:03pm On Sep 20, 2019
How do I contact you please? I need some info if it’s ok by you.
Goldengift94:
Hey guys!! Got my visa and that of my dependant today..

Timeline..
Applied and did biometric on 13 sept (walkin +spv)
Received collection mail yesterday 16 sept

Documents submitted for hubby (dependant)
Marriage certificate
My affidavit and newspaper publication for change of name(This is to proof my status as the married partner as required on our document checklist)
Five pictures ( printed on an A4 paper)
My cas
Statement of account (in my name)
Tb cert

I must confess...This thread is more than 3million agents joined together��� I really appreciate all of you..God bless you all!!!

Ps..who is going to Nottingham trent university??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lily1234: 1:09pm On Sep 20, 2019
One way is very expensive, return is cheaper. Booking return will save cost and its not compulsory you return.
I got returns for 385k and one way for 630k. I chose return

Berryabel:
You can book a one way ticket. I don't think a return ticket is compulsory.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Lily1234: 1:11pm On Sep 20, 2019
Please anyone with tips on likely questions immigration officers at UK airports are likely to ask you? Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ggoldmine: 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2019
Hello. Please, was the reason for the delay mentioned to you? Could you share the UKVI number you called? Thank you.

chucksbadt:
Oh yeah
Finally!!

Called UKVI this morning
Those people expensive sha, N6k comot for my account for the 10 mins call i made. The 6k is separate from the regular call charges. Last last just hold your ATM for hand with enough money inside if you one call them.

They said a decesion was made since 27th August.
Immediately i dropped the call, i tracked my application and now noticed it was now 4/6. After like 3 hours, it was 6/6. My Passport is currently on the way via DHL.

In summary
Biometrics done 19th August (Standard service)
Decesion made 27 August
Passport will be received tomorrow 18th September
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Goldengift94(f): 3:42pm On Sep 20, 2019
assumpta1:
How do I contact you please? I need some info if it’s ok by you.
send me mail

(1) (2) (3) ... (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) (411) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.