Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,954 members, 7,810,640 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (432) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1333061 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
CapitalCee:

I cant login to that email. Contact me on capitalcee@yahoo.com

Email sent.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by popplm(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2019
Anybody going to Edinburgh Napier University this January or any Uni in Edinburgh? I have few questions to ask later though.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mogatti: 5:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
[quote author=CapitalCee post=83502835]

I dont want to demarket Anglia Ruskian, but please find another university in London that will give u 2 year course.

Try University of East London, Greenwich University, Middlesex University. Or go to Luton's University of Bedfordshire.

There fees and Scholarships is better than ARU, and Cambridge or Chelmsford whichever one you are is not sustainable i swear

So this and thank me later.

When u say its not sustainable what do u mean pls throw more light cos ur sounding like an agent
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2019
natureboi7:
Good morning my peeps,
this forum has been insightful so far cos it has led me to where I currently am. Although, there is a bit of confusion as I HV been given admission from two different schools_ Northumbria University London and Sheffield hallam University. based on cost of living and student job prospects, which sch is a better option.

Northumbria- (2yrs) international project management with advanced practice..12600 pounds
Sheffield hallam-.(18months) Advanced Engineering and management- 10500 pounds.

NB. SHU will require more for statement of account if I decide to pay initial payment of 4k for both schools.

please an urgent and honest response would b appreciated. thanks

If you want a shitty degree, where you will learn next-to-nothing then this particular course at Northumbria Uni, London campus is the place to go. You will have plenty, plenty of student jobs in London.
Don’t be deceived by what they will tell you about Internships.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Unfanthomable: 9:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hi Everyone

A quick question please

If dependants are applying for their visa, I understand that they need to show maintenance proof as seen below:

For example, a Tier 4 (General) applicant who is applying for leave to study a 12-month course in
London at the same time as their spouse and two children would need to show that they have
£845 per month (up to a maximum of 9 months) for their spouse and each of their children for the
period their dependants would be granted leave if the application were to be successful, in
addition to £1265 per month of their course (up to a maximum of 9 months), required for their
own living expenses. In total, the family will require evidence that they hold £34,200 in available
funds (3 dependants x £845 x 9 months = £22,815 + 1 main applicant x £1265 x 9 months =
£34,200).

However, in the event that the main applicant already has the Tier 4 visa and is in the UK, do we need to show all that or just the £22,815?

Please help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by winzy(m): 10:54pm On Oct 27, 2019
Justiwise
Zoey1
LaaJiblik
Etc

Do you think using priority sevices will affect your chances positively?

Between Abuja and Lagos which one is better?

How long before school resumes can I embark on my journey outta naija? Someone said 10 days, but I can see 30 days or so on UK's immigration website.

Thank you.

If anyone has likely questions to be anticipated, please share with us.

Osheeee!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 11:44pm On Oct 27, 2019
Use a calculation of £1 - N500 this is end if year, 9ja forex can be funny.
You will meet up.
Nedu20:
Good afternoon everyone,
Please could someone help me confirm my calculations.
I'll be heading to Anglia Ruskin University for January start, waiting for the fund in my account to complete before I start counting down to 28day requirement.

School fees - £13,100
Inter. Scholarship - £1000
Deposit - £4000

School fees bal - £8,100
Living cost - £9135
Total fund required - £17,250 ~ N8,107,500
(From Oanda ~ N470)

Please do you think that N8,500,000 will be adequate?

Also my sister promised that the money Will be complete in my account by 1st November and I plan to apply on the 1st December, do you think I'll meet up as my Uni starts on 12th January.

@Justwise and all the other gurus. Thanks for taking your time to answer.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by nicerichard05: 7:49am On Oct 28, 2019
piazon:

It's located in middlesbrough and I have paid £4000

Do u mind sharing the name of the sch and is that 7k for post graduate or under graduate??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 8:47am On Oct 28, 2019
nicerichard05:

Do u mind sharing the name of the sch and is that 7k for post graduate or under graduate??
it a two years course! So each year is fee is 7k. However I think school name is University of Teesside
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by bujebudanu1(m): 9:34am On Oct 28, 2019
nicerichard05:

Teeside University, postgraduate
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by natureboi7(m): 10:39am On Oct 28, 2019
hosey:

1. Post study

If you want to travel this January, Northumbria is better because the course is 2 years. Hence, you will be qualified for 2 years post study Visa.

In Sheffield, you will most likely not be qualified for post study Visa.

2. Costs: Sheffield is cheaper than London. Sheffield is less expensive

3. September 2020.

If you can wait for September 2020, Sheffield is better as u will be qualified for post study Visa for 2 years after your study. Also, you will study for only one year and the cost is less.

thanks hosey.

but the program in sheffield ends in nov 2021, which is almost 2 yrs .. i think i should also be qualified for the post study.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sanmigbola: 11:08am On Oct 28, 2019
Good day all the guru in the house, I need advice on choosing between this two schools Birmingham City University and university of Northampton.

Both offered me admission for my MBA.

Tuition fees is 13K+ for BCU and UON is 9k+ after scholarship.

Resumption date for BCU is February and UON is January.

I need advice based on jobs in both cities, employability after the program and how well recognized are both institutions to employers, cost of living in both States.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 11:39am On Oct 28, 2019
obaxlove:

Email sent.

Responded
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 11:46am On Oct 28, 2019
Sanmigbola:
Good day all the guru in the house, I need advice on choosing between this two schools Birmingham City University and university of Northampton.

I need advice based on jobs in both cities, employability after the program and how well recognized are both institutions to employers, cost of living in both States.

If you are not studying Nursing or other marketable health courses, forget anything employability, nobody will employ you when you finish, forget recognition of the institution, except its oxford, cambridge, UCL, imperial college etc.

Based on my own opinion, my opinion i repeat. I will go for Northampton, nothing happens in Birmingham really. I will advise people to go to schools in the urban areas in the uk, ( except if you are on scholarship). There are also rural areas in the UK, and students jobs are hard in some of these areas, if you need hustling go to london or some of the happening areas. Ask yourself why most schools recently started opening london campuses upandan. Nobody wan enter village

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 28, 2019
CapitalCee:

If you are not studying Nursing or other marketable health courses, forget anything employability, nobody will employ you when you finish, forget recognition of the institution, except its oxford, cambridge, UCL, imperial college etc.

Based on my own opinion, my opinion i repeat. I will go for Northampton, nothing happens in Birmingham really. I will advise people to go to schools in the urban areas in the uk, ( except if you are on scholarship). There are also rural areas in the UK, and students jobs are hard in some of these areas, if you need hustling go to london or some of the happening areas. Ask yourself why most schools recently started opening london campuses upandan. Nobody wan enter village

Birmingham is a big city and cost of living is low. There are also job opportunities. Cost of living in London is very is very high in London especially accommodation so does not worth it as a student.

However, if your concern is to stay in UK, wait for September admission and go to any of these schools. Post study visa will be effected for students who begin September 2020.

You will get 2 years post study visa when u graduate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 28, 2019
Sanmigbola:

Birmingham is a big city and cost of living is low. There are also job opportunities. Cost of living in London is very is very high in London especially accommodation so does not worth it as a student.

However, if your concern is to stay in UK, wait for September admission and go to any of these schools. Post study visa will be effected for students who begin September 2020.

You will get 2 years post study visa when u graduate

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2019
natureboi7:

thanks hosey.

but the program in sheffield ends in nov 2021, which is almost 2 yrs .. i think i should also be qualified for the post study.

Are u sure it will end Nov 2021. The website says 16 months from now.

Have you asked the school coordinator and head when u will graduate?

Better wait for Sept 2020 admission to get post study visa.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 12:26pm On Oct 28, 2019
hosey:

You will get 2 years post study visa when u graduate.

Ok. It depends on the individual target
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sanmigbola: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2019
Is Northampton in London?

Are there student jobs in Northampton?

How affordable is cost of living and accommodation in Northampton compare to Birmingham?

My program will start in January and it will last for 2 year including placement will I be qualified for the 2 years post study visa after completion?

Cc: capitalcee

hosey:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2019
No its not. But i think Jobs are there more than Birmingham and the fees is lesser, from what i can see
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by hotboss: 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2019
hosey:

Are u sure it will end Nov 2021. The website says 16 months from now.

Have you asked the school coordinator and head when u will graduate?

Better wait for Sept 2020 admission to get post study visa.

Please, I'm really confused on the way different people has interpreted who qualifies for Post study work visa and who doesn't.

Do you mean anyone who starts his/her studies before September 2020 will not be qualified for PSW?

Does it depend on your start date, or your end date.

I need clarification please,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
Sanmigbola:
Is Northampton in London?

Are there student jobs in Northampton?

How affordable is cost of living and accommodation in Northampton compare to Birmingham?

My program will start in January and it will last for 2 year including placement will I be qualified for the 2 years post study visa after completion?

Cc: capitalcee

Ask your school where your study campus is and where u will study.

If it is 2 years from January, then u are qualified.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2019
CapitalCee:

Ok. It depends on the individual target
Sure
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:08pm On Oct 28, 2019
hotboss:

Please, I'm really confused on the way different people has interpreted who qualifies for Post study work visa and who doesn't.

Do you mean anyone who starts his/her studies before September 2020 will not be qualified for PSW?

Does it depend on your start date, or your end date.

I need clarification please,

Yes. Anyone who will graduate from the summer of 2021 is eligible for post study visa.

You better wait till September 2020 so that you can give back to those who invested in u.

When u have the 2 years post study Visa, u can easily get job on tier 2 and earn fat salary.

Dont mind people deceiving you to apply now that there is job. Only menial job is easy to see and no one will sponsor u.

Dont be like many jobless many UK graduates that have been sent back as there are no tier 2 work visa opportunities.

Have you seen any jobless USA, AUSTRALIA OR CANADA graduates roaming the street for job in Nigeria. None. It is because they were given post study visa and advance there career there.

Dont be deceived. If u must go to UKnow in January 2020, go for a 2 year program that has placement so u get return for your investment due to post study visa.

Or wait till Sept 2020, and apply for a one year visa. The choice is yours.

Many other international students have deferred their admission for Sept 2020. Be wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 1:16pm On Oct 28, 2019
Value added services does not give you a better chance at getting a visa, it only speeds processing time if your application is straight forward.
If its not straightforward ,you might pay for priority and still not get an outcome in a month.
Abuja or Lagos , the choice is yours, both are TLS centres, not British High Commission.
You can travel a month before start of course.

winzy:
Justiwise
Zoey1
LaaJiblik
Etc

Do you think using priority sevices will affect your chances positively?

Between Abuja and Lagos which one is better?

How long before school resumes can I embark on my journey outta naija? Someone said 10 days, but I can see 30 days or so on UK's immigration website.

Thank you.

If anyone has likely questions to be anticipated, please share with us.

Osheeee!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2019
Why exactly do you make it seem like everyone going to study must stay by all means in the UK.
Can't people have other plans? Do you have to enforce to them to get A Post study Visa at all cost, payback those who invested in them?
So everyone on Tier 2 earns fat salary? Delusion.
And I thought you believed there were too many problems In the UK to go there.
I really don't get it.
hosey:

Yes. Anyone who will graduate from the summer of 2021 is eligible for post study visa.

You better wait till September 2020 so that you can give back to those who invested in u.

When u have the 2 years post study Visa, u can easily get job on tier 2 and earn fat salary.

Dont mind people deceiving you to apply now that there is job. Only menial job is easy to see and no one will sponsor u.

Dont be like many jobless many UK graduates that have been sent back as there are no tier 2 work visa opportunities.

Have you seen any jobless USA, AUSTRALIA OR CANADA graduates roaming the street for job in Nigeria. None. It is because they were given post study visa and advance there career there.

Dont be deceived. If u must go to UK, go for a 2 year program that has placement so u get return for your investment.

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 28, 2019
Zoey1:
Why exactly do you make it seem like everyone going to study must stay by all means in the UK.
Can't people have other plans? Do you have to enforce to them to get A Post study Visa at all cost, payback those who invested in them?
So everyone on Tier 2 earns fat salary? Delusion.
And I thought you believed there were too many problems In the UK to go there.
I really don't get it.

I am not enforcing them.

I want them to make informed decision.

Na me be there papa or mama ni. Or I be there brother or sister way de sponsor. Or are u a school agent advertising on nairaland parading to milk innocent Nigeria students because many are not coming this session.

I need to guide them so they dont regret. I wont allow them to make same mistakes some of you and those there did.

Which average Nigeria job can stand UK salary.

Deceivers.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Unfanthomable: 2:40pm On Oct 28, 2019
Any response please?

Unfanthomable:
Hi Everyone

A quick question please

If dependants are applying for their visa, I understand that they need to show maintenance proof as seen below:

For example, a Tier 4 (General) applicant who is applying for leave to study a 12-month course in
London at the same time as their spouse and two children would need to show that they have
£845 per month (up to a maximum of 9 months) for their spouse and each of their children for the
period their dependants would be granted leave if the application were to be successful, in
addition to £1265 per month of their course (up to a maximum of 9 months), required for their
own living expenses. In total, the family will require evidence that they hold £34,200 in available
funds (3 dependants x £845 x 9 months = £22,815 + 1 main applicant x £1265 x 9 months =
£34,200).

However, in the event that the main applicant already has the Tier 4 visa and is in the UK, do we need to show all that or just the £22,815?

Please help.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
Unfanthomable:
Any response please?

yes. u will need to show that i,.e £34,200
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sanmigbola: 3:37pm On Oct 28, 2019
hosey:

Ask your school where your study campus is and where u will study.

If it is 2 years from January, then u are qualified.

My study center is Waterside.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 3:59pm On Oct 28, 2019
hosey:

Post study visa will be effected for students who begin September 2020.

where did you get this information from .................. that it only for student who begin Sept 2020

The announcement said The new route is expected to launch for the 2020/21 intake of students to university...... meaning even January intake should be eligible . Please be sure of what you post

(1) (2) (3) ... (429) (430) (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.