Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (435) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1338483 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by obaxlove(m): 11:45am On Oct 31, 2019
Tobexin:
On the issue of post study palava

The recently announced Graduate route demonstrates the UK is a globally focused, outward facing nation committed to attracting the best students from around the world. Hundreds of thousands of international students will be able to benefit from this route. It will also assist the UK’s higher education sector as they compete in a global market for international students.
The new route will be launched in the summer of 2021. Any student who successfully completes their degree-level course at a qualifying institution in the summer of 2021 or thereafter will be eligible to apply. This includes students who are already studying. Announcing the route now enables prospective students to decide where to study, knowing they have the option of staying in the UK to work after completing their studies.
All students accepted for the Graduate route will receive two years non-extendable leave. During that time, they will be able to work, or look for work, at any skill level. Graduates will also be able to switch into skilled work once they have found a suitable job.
Those who graduate and whose leave expires before the route is introduced will not be eligible for the Graduate route. The vast majority of these students will have commenced their course prior to the announcement of the new route, and therefore had no expectation of benefiting from such a route when they applied to study in the UK. However, these students can still work in the UK post-study if they secure a graduate level job which meets the requirements of the Tier 2 skilled work route. They will also continue to benefit from the generous provisions which allow them to switch into skilled work on favourable terms. They are exempt from the Resident Labour Market Test, have a reduced salary threshold and are not subject to the annual cap on numbers under this route.
This route is being introduced to help new graduates who complete their education in the UK to get a head-start on their career and allow them to look for work as soon as they have successfully graduated. It is entirely appropriate that they should benefit from this route, rather than those with degrees previously gained in the UK who have already progressed in their career, whether in the UK or overseas.
The earlier Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route was closed in 2012 because evidence suggested that the route was open to abuse, and many on the route were unemployed or in low-skilled work. The Graduate route will have safeguards to ensure that we have control over who can access it, in order to prevent such abuse in the future. Students will only be eligible for the route if they can demonstrate that they have successfully passed their course at degree level or above, studied at a trusted institution, and complied with the terms of their student visa.
Home Office.

Source https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/273801

Cc hosey you don see verifiable source abi? Abeg give us your own source

So are we saying that January 2020 guys will be eligible or not?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:48pm On Oct 31, 2019
obaxlove:

So are we saying that January 2020 guys will be eligible or not?

What if Jo Swinson wins the December 12th elections?
What if Jeremy Corbyn wins?
What if Nichola Sturgeon becomes Prime minister?

All these names above will stop BreXit.
If BreXit is stopped, there may no longer be a dire need for non-EU workers (remember someone from Lithuania can wake up in the morning, and fly to the UK without any pre-obtained job or even able to speak English language).

My suggestion:
Anyone who wishes to hide under the ‘umbrella’ of Tier 4 student visa for the purpose of UK migration needs to put ALL factors into consideration.

I have said it before, I will say it again:
The 2-year post study thingy is a PROPOSAL, and that proposal was hinged on the UK departing the EU today, October 31.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Unfanthomable: 5:45pm On Oct 31, 2019
Zoey1:
Evenif you have paid your whole accommodation fee rest for your stay in the UK.
The highest you can deduct is £1015 outside London and £1295 outside London representing 1 month.
The remaining 8 months must reflect in your account plus balance of Tuition.
Not to spite anyone cos I know everyone is just trying to help. But sometimes, it's always good to give informed answers..

I just decided to write my school on the question I asked because it didn't sound right and this is the response I got...
Note that I actually do have more than the £34,200 in my account as I had wanted to apply with my family initially but I had taken some of my school fees out of the proof I showed. Hope this helps someone else...

[b]Thank you for your email.
If you have three dependents applying to join you, each dependent will need to show a minimum of £845 per month for nine months. In total this is £7,605 per person, which is £22,815 in total.
As you are already in the UK and have a Tier 4 student visa, you will not be required to show your funds, however the funds that your dependents show must not be the same money as that which you used to obtain your Tier 4 student visa. If UKVI suspect the funds include the money used for your Tier 4 visa application they may refuse the application.
Please note that in addition to the required funds as stated above, your dependents will need to have separate funds in order to pay the application fee and Immigration Health Surcharge for each applicant. These fees must not be paid from the funds being used to evidence the maintenance.
I hope the above information has clarified things for you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Kind regards
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 6:31pm On Oct 31, 2019
LaaJiblik:

What if Jo Swinson wins the December 12th elections?
What if Jeremy Corbyn wins?
What if Nichola Sturgeon becomes Prime minister?

All these names above will stop BreXit.
If BreXit is stopped, there may no longer be a dire need for non-EU workers (remember someone from Lithuania can wake up in the morning, and fly to the UK without any pre-obtained job or even able to speak English language).bro it not a proposal. That write up is from the government

My suggestion:
Anyone who wishes to hide under the ‘umbrella’ of Tier 4 student visa for the purpose of UK migration needs to put ALL factors into consideration.

I have said it before, I will say it again:
The 2-year post study thingy is a PROPOSAL, and that proposal was hinged on the UK departing the EU today, October 31.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by deyanju(m): 10:20am On Nov 01, 2019
Good morning everyone

I would like to ask some questions;

How long is the process time to receive vignette sticker as a dependent

Does the time frame on the vignette always mean have the 30day pick

It is mandatory to be in the Uk within that time frame (as a dependant) to pick up brp?

Pls help out house
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 12:36pm On Nov 01, 2019
So who misinformed you?
Did you mention here that you had dependants?
You asked about yourself and got answers, next time be wholly truthful.
Unfanthomable:

Not to spite anyone cos I know everyone is just trying to help. But sometimes, it's always good to give informed answers..

I just decided to write my school on the question I asked because it didn't sound right and this is the response I got...
Note that I actually do have more than the £34,200 in my account as I had wanted to apply with my family initially but I had taken some of my school fees out of the proof I showed. Hope this helps someone else...

[b]Thank you for your email.
If you have three dependents applying to join you, each dependent will need to show a minimum of £845 per month for nine months. In total this is £7,605 per person, which is £22,815 in total.
As you are already in the UK and have a Tier 4 student visa, you will not be required to show your funds, however the funds that your dependents show must not be the same money as that which you used to obtain your Tier 4 student visa. If UKVI suspect the funds include the money used for your Tier 4 visa application they may refuse the application.
Please note that in addition to the required funds as stated above, your dependents will need to have separate funds in order to pay the application fee and Immigration Health Surcharge for each applicant. These fees must not be paid from the funds being used to evidence the maintenance.
I hope the above information has clarified things for you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Kind regards
[/b]
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by marina101: 1:44pm On Nov 01, 2019
Good day,

please, I did TB test around August, I was supposed to use it for sept admission but I had to move everything to January, the TB test certificate carries the address of the school I applied to for Sept admission, it differs from the one I'm going now, Can I still use the TB certificate or I would have to go change the UK address on the certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 1:46pm On Nov 01, 2019
Go with the result and 8k receipt paid to IOM, no appointment needed.
Tell them you need to change school address its 8k which you must have paid before going there.
marina101:
Good day,

please, I did TB test around August, I was supposed to use it for sept admission but I had to move everything to January, the TB test certificate carries the address of the school I applied to for Sept admission, it differs from the one I'm going now, Can I still use the TB certificate or I would have to go change the UK address on the certificate?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Unfanthomable: 11:03pm On Nov 01, 2019
Did you read my initial question?

If you did, you will see what I asked.. No need to get un-necessarily aggressive. No one knows it all
Zoey1:
So who misinformed you?
Did you mention here that you had dependants?
You asked about yourself and got answers, next time be wholly truthful.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mrtush(m): 9:51am On Nov 02, 2019
Good morning everyone,

Please I am having a serious challenge here, I'd be very much grateful if I can be rightly advised.

I applied to a uni in U.K on the 18th of September to start January and I got a conditional offer via mail on the 23rd of September. I was then required to take a Skype interview which I tried to pick a date for that but unfortunately I didn't respond to the mail in time so finally the interview date has been scheduled for Dec 6. And the course start date is Jan 13. Going by this, I am scared that it will approximately take another 3 weeks to hear from then concerning my CAS details. Before I can start applying for the Visa and this process I heard takes about 3 months max. What advice can you give to me pls. I'm yet to do my TB test but with the way things are going? I don't want to do it now cos I heard that it only valid for 6 months before it expires.

Pls anyone with good advice should pls help..
thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:24am On Nov 02, 2019
1. Do your TB Test now I will advice.
2. Only your school can say precisely when CAS comes out after interview but most school gives immediate assessment when interview is doneand within 48hours CAS....*Most*
3. Using a priority at the cost of £220 might help speed up if you can afford it.
Mrtush:
Good morning everyone,

Please I am having a serious challenge here, I'd be very much grateful if I can be rightly advised.

I applied to a uni in U.K on the 18th of September to start January and I got a conditional offer via mail on the 23rd of September. I was then required to take a Skype interview which I tried to pick a date for that but unfortunately I didn't respond to the mail in time so finally the interview date has been scheduled for Dec 6. And the course start date is Jan 13. Going by this, I am scared that it will approximately take another 3 weeks to hear from then concerning my CAS details. Before I can start applying for the Visa and this process I heard takes about 3 months max. What advice can you give to me pls. I'm yet to do my TB test but with the way things are going? I don't want to do it now cos I heard that it only valid for 6 months before it expires.

Pls anyone with good advice should pls help..
thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Unfanthomable: 10:53am On Nov 02, 2019
Urgent help please

I made a big mistake in the application.. I wrote a wrong passport number, the old one. Do I cancel the initial and apply again?
If I do, how long does it take to get a refund? IHS and application fee?

Please help oo
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mrtush(m): 11:21am On Nov 02, 2019
Zoey1:
1. Do your TB Test now I will advice.
2. Only your school can say precisely when CAS comes out after interview but most school gives immediate assessment when interview is doneand within 48hours CAS....*Most*
3. Using a priority at the cost of £220 might help speed up if you can afford it.

Thank you for your advice. But pls when you say priority what exactly does that mean? I have a vague knowledge of this as it's my first time applying to school outside of my home country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 2:48pm On Nov 02, 2019
Good day Gurus in the house.

I just developed the interest of doing my masters in the UK. If I start the process now can I still meet up with the Jan 2020 class?

Pls I will appreciate a prompt response to enable me commence
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Anazp: 5:02pm On Nov 02, 2019
Good day every one. I will like to apply for a degree programme in the UK. I will like to start in February 2020. can I meet up with the Visa process? pls what are the current requirements for a UK study Visa? thank you everyone
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Anazp: 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2019
Zoey1:
If you go few pages back you would see it spelt out.
After applying and paying Visa Fee and IHS , you would be taken to TLS page and you can then upload your documents there if you wish, then your dependants won't need to take the hard copy to TLS again or you can take there and use "assisted" which you will pay for.
please I will like to know the fastest proof of English proficiency cert I can use for the Visa process. please also the one that is most cost effective. thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 6:51pm On Nov 02, 2019
Priority is a value added service which cost an additional £220 and gives you decision in 5-7 working days if your application is straight forward.
Mrtush:

Thank you for your advice. But pls when you say priority what exactly does that mean? I have a vague knowledge of this as it's my first time applying to school outside of my home country.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 6:53pm On Nov 02, 2019
Did you pass English at O'level? WAEC or NECO?
If yes, call the attention of your school International admissions to that.
Most schools use that for International students.
Anazp:
please I will like to know the fastest proof of English proficiency cert I can use for the Visa process. please also the one that is most cost effective. thanks

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 7:05pm On Nov 02, 2019
Yes you can meet up
Cigbojugha:

I just developed the interest of doing my masters in the UK. If I start the process now can I still meet up with the Jan 2020 class?

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Anazp: 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2019
Zoey1:
Did you pass English at O'level? WAEC or NECO?
If yes, call the attention of your school International admissions to that.
Most schools use that for International students.
yes I did. but the UK Visa process on their guidelines say one needs IELTS for English language proficiency to apply for a UK student visa. is this so? thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Zoey1: 10:14pm On Nov 02, 2019
Contact your school admissions team.
Anazp:
yes I did. but the UK Visa process on their guidelines say one needs IELTS for English language proficiency to apply for a UK student visa. is this so? thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 12:23am On Nov 03, 2019
Zoey1:
Yes you can meet up

Thanks alot
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lovesavvi: 1:15am On Nov 03, 2019
Pls justwise and other guru in the house , I need advice on this issue, can main applicant (wife) and dependant (husband )apply together at the same time and the remaining dependant (two children) apply separately at a later date? Because the money in our account not carry all of us after paying 50 percent of tuition fees. What do u advice?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:12am On Nov 03, 2019
lovesavvi:
Pls justwise and other guru in the house , I need advice on this issue, can main applicant (wife) and dependant (husband )apply together at the same time and the remaining dependant (two children) apply separately at a later date? Because the money in our account not carry all of us after paying 50 percent of tuition fees. What do u advice?

Are you going to leave your kids behind and travel with your wife then apply for them later?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lovesavvi: 7:32am On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

Are you going to leave your kids behind and travel with your wife then apply for them later?
am think of wife travel first and apply for the kids then travel with them later.but my concern is one month visa issue which means I will need to travel first and collect my brp. Can u pls advice best way forward on this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BizBloke(m): 9:03am On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

You are not a serious student, no serious student will ask such question.. this is like asking if Messi or Ronaldo is a good player even if you knew nothing about football.

cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:27am On Nov 03, 2019
lovesavvi:

Short Answer: Yes, it’s possible.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2019
Cigbojugha:

Today is November 3.
Do you already have your 9-month maintenance funds in your (or your dad or mum’s) account?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by lovesavvi: 10:29am On Nov 03, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Short Answer: Yes, it’s possible.
thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2019
lovesavvi:

Used to be common back in them day, I think it still a valid option. Just be sure there post study first. With this election if Boris Johnson loses then most likely there might be no post study
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by candycush(m): 10:34am On Nov 03, 2019
kenmak:

You can make your bank transfer to the account number as shown in the attached picture
Please have you paid your deposit? How long did it take for them to verify and how long before they sent confirmation of offer details plus cas? . Please reply. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.