Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,512 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (434) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1338418 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Morty123: 3:39pm On Oct 29, 2019
Please just to confirm does anyone know if after the Post study Visa of 2 years what chances one might have to remain in the UK. Are companies willing to sponsors work visa's?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mogatti: 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2019
[quote author=Morty123 post=83566048]Please just to confirm does anyone know if after the Post study Visa of 2 years what chances one might have to remain in the UK. Are companies willing to sponsors work visa's?

It is ur hustle DAT wud determine DAT one nt anybody here
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Macjayboy(m): 3:53pm On Oct 29, 2019
popplm:
Anybody going to Edinburgh Napier University this January or any Uni in Edinburgh? I have few questions to ask later though.
Edinburgh Napier offered me admission. What about you?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Oct 29, 2019
Nedu20:
@Justwise

Please, can my sister who is in UK pay for my insurance and visa fee from UK?

Yes but what do you need insurance for?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 29, 2019
justwise:

I think he means IHS surcharge

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2019
Morty123:
Please just to confirm does anyone know if after the Post study Visa of 2 years what chances one might have to remain in the UK. Are companies willing to sponsors work visa's?

See ehnnnn
My guy @ Hosey has been campaigning strongly on this issue. Infact his campaign is stronger than Jeremy Corbyn, Ian Blackford, Jo Swinson and Boris Johnson combined.
What he has not told the people he is advising is that the issue of the 2 year post study work permit is a PROPOSAL.
A proposal made by Boris Johnson.
A proposal based on the Assumption that the UK will leave the EU this Thursday, 31 October.
A proposal that assumes that Brexit would happen in few days time.

Recent events have shown that there is humongous uncertainty about BreXit.

No one, not even Boris Johnson, Priti Patel, Jacob Rees Mogg and Sajid Javid (combined) are 100% sure about this so-called ‘post study’ permit.

Have you wondered why Hosey (the Nairaland advocate and advisor) haven’t been able to put down ANY .gov.uk link to bolster his advise?
Answer:
Because no one is sure.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nedu20(m): 6:14pm On Oct 29, 2019
justwise:

The IHS surcharge
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:15pm On Oct 29, 2019
LaaJiblik:

See ehnnnn
My guy @ Hosey has been campaigning strongly on this issue. Infact his campaign is stronger than Jeremy Corbyn, Ian Blackford, Jo Swinson and Boris Johnson combined.
What he has not told the people he is advising is that the issue of the 2 year post study work permit is a PROPOSAL.
A proposal made by Boris Johnson.
A proposal based on the Assumption that the UK will leave the EU this Thursday, 31 October.
A proposal that assumes that Brexit would happen in few days time.

Recent events have shown that there is humongous uncertainty about BreXit.

No one, not even Boris Johnson, Priti Patel, Jacob Rees Mogg and Sajid Javid (combined) are 100% sure about this so-called ‘post study’ permit.

Have you wondered why Hosey (the Nairaland advocate and advisor) haven’t been able to put down ANY .gov.uk link to bolster his advise?
Answer:
Because no one is sure.

you made a valid point because even the gov.uk site has only one an article and its posted by British High Commission New Delhi.. Nothing really official from Priti Patel or the home office in full writing , That i have seen in the offical gov website . Might be a wish that will soon disappear into thin air or to be optimistic a plan that they are still cooking and adding pepper and salt to make it sweet

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by donaldcarson(m): 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2019
Please guru in the house, is someone eligible for post two year study visa for a course starting January 2020 and ending May 2021....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:45pm On Oct 29, 2019
donaldcarson:
Please guru in the house, is someone eligible for post two year study visa for a course starting January 2020 and ending May 2021....

While there have been limited information regarding this topic I would say yes for that ending date of may 2021

I saw this where the government responded to a petition and it states: The new route will be launched in the summer of 2021. Any student who successfully completes their degree-level course at a qualifying institution in the summer of 2021 or thereafter will be eligible to apply

Source: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/273801
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 10:34pm On Oct 29, 2019
donaldcarson:

....Students will only be eligible for the route if they can demonstrate that they have successfully passed their course at degree level or above, studied at a trusted institution, and complied with the terms of their student visa....
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 12:31am On Oct 30, 2019
Lol who's that individual spreading false information about the 2 years post work visa thing? I call his talk bullsh!t when he said graduates from US and Canada are not jobless. Careless talk
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 12:40am On Oct 30, 2019
donaldcarson:
There's something you should know about the UK... they've always wanted to review this post work visa thing even before now. It's not even tied to B.J or anybody. Regardless of the outcome of BREXIT, they'd make it clear soon. They'd pass it into law before May 2021. I think January 2020 guys would be eligible cuz they'd still be on Tier 4 by May 2021.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 12:47am On Oct 30, 2019
There's even a petition going around that's clamouring for even people graduating next year to be eligible. If the petition hits a certain number of signatures, they'd have to deliberate on the topic.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 12:57am On Oct 30, 2019
But If the UK government has decided to let international students stay longer, why wait a couple of years to implement it ? It's acutally BS
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 5:45am On Oct 30, 2019
hosey:

It is all luck. No one can guarantee your stay and work.

However, if u are really applying to stay, then apply for September 2020 Masters admission. Then, you are guaranteed 2 years post study visa after your Masters studies.

Dependant visa is only for Masters and PhD. Not for BSc and below.

Stop saying what u dont know, once you study and graduate from a Nursing program in the UK no matter your grade, no matter your nationality, you will get a job, instantly. Stop deceiving people.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by CapitalCee(m): 5:48am On Oct 30, 2019
ubigurl:
Good day please I sent you a message, I need your urgent attention. I got a conditional offer at the university of bedfordshire for undergraduate nursing but was told I can't come with my kids for an undergraduate program and I intend to apply for the msc in nursing but my fear is, can I stay back and work in the hospital like a RN would with the certificate?

If you get the masters program, its better, but its very intense and compressed,. The master's program is cheaper and its 2 years, while the undergraduate is 3 years. Dont let anyone deceive you, if you got an offer for Nursing from University of Bedfordshire, take it with the speed of light. Also try master's. Either way dont miss this opportunity, you have struck gold.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nedu20(m): 7:40am On Oct 30, 2019
@justwise and anyone that have paid for their TB test recently, what is the exact amount? Or it's 54k at the dot?

I want to make payment now and I don't want any story tomorrow
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 7:57am On Oct 30, 2019
Nedu20:
@justwise and anyone that have paid for their TB test recently, what is the exact amount? Or it's 54k at the dot?

I want to make payment now and I don't want any story tomorrow
i did mine in Abuja last Friday. 54k is the fee. You need to book an appointment before going there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 8:05am On Oct 30, 2019
On the issue of post study palava

The recently announced Graduate route demonstrates the UK is a globally focused, outward facing nation committed to attracting the best students from around the world. Hundreds of thousands of international students will be able to benefit from this route. It will also assist the UK’s higher education sector as they compete in a global market for international students.
The new route will be launched in the summer of 2021. Any student who successfully completes their degree-level course at a qualifying institution in the summer of 2021 or thereafter will be eligible to apply. This includes students who are already studying. Announcing the route now enables prospective students to decide where to study, knowing they have the option of staying in the UK to work after completing their studies.
All students accepted for the Graduate route will receive two years non-extendable leave. During that time, they will be able to work, or look for work, at any skill level. Graduates will also be able to switch into skilled work once they have found a suitable job.
Those who graduate and whose leave expires before the route is introduced will not be eligible for the Graduate route. The vast majority of these students will have commenced their course prior to the announcement of the new route, and therefore had no expectation of benefiting from such a route when they applied to study in the UK. However, these students can still work in the UK post-study if they secure a graduate level job which meets the requirements of the Tier 2 skilled work route. They will also continue to benefit from the generous provisions which allow them to switch into skilled work on favourable terms. They are exempt from the Resident Labour Market Test, have a reduced salary threshold and are not subject to the annual cap on numbers under this route.
This route is being introduced to help new graduates who complete their education in the UK to get a head-start on their career and allow them to look for work as soon as they have successfully graduated. It is entirely appropriate that they should benefit from this route, rather than those with degrees previously gained in the UK who have already progressed in their career, whether in the UK or overseas.
The earlier Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) route was closed in 2012 because evidence suggested that the route was open to abuse, and many on the route were unemployed or in low-skilled work. The Graduate route will have safeguards to ensure that we have control over who can access it, in order to prevent such abuse in the future. Students will only be eligible for the route if they can demonstrate that they have successfully passed their course at degree level or above, studied at a trusted institution, and complied with the terms of their student visa.
Home Office.

Source https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/273801

Cc hosey you don see verifiable source abi? Abeg give us your own source
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nedu20(m): 8:11am On Oct 30, 2019
Tobexin:
i did mine in Abuja last Friday. 54k is the fee. You need to book an appointment before going there.

Thank you.

I've booked an appointment. I want to know the exact amount so I can pay today and print my receipt
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:12am On Oct 30, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 30, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nedu20(m): 8:40am On Oct 30, 2019
piazon:

When did you book the appointment?

Last week Thursday
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 8:44am On Oct 30, 2019
piazon:

From the day you booked appointment, how long did it took before the test?
just one day. Though it was in Abuja. I booked last week! But I heard it takes an interval of two days for appointment as from this week.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:10am On Oct 30, 2019
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sanmigbola: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2019
How do you book a TB test appointment for someone in Lagos?

I just got admitted to UON and am to resume in January, is it advice I do the test in November on my own while waiting for my bank deposit to be in my account for 28 days? Or should I wait a little longer.

Does anyone know if the queue for visa process has reduced?

Nedu20:

Thank you.

I've booked an appointment, and tomorrow is my test. I want to know the exact amount so I can pay today and print my receipt
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nedu20(m): 9:36am On Oct 30, 2019
Sanmigbola:
How do you book a TB test appointment for someone in Lagos?

I just got admitted to UON and am to resume in January, is it advice I do the test in November on my own while waiting for my bank deposit to be in my account for 28 days? Or should I wait a little longer.

Does anyone know if the queue for visa process has reduced?

Just google IOM TB test for Nigeria, and enter IOM site, you'd see the booking process for Lagos and Abuja there.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by atewogboye001(m): 12:56pm On Oct 30, 2019
With regards to this issue of U. K giving 2 years post study, basically I really don't think we should give ourselves headache. Even before u finish your study alot of opportunities would be open to you, u could consider moving to another country in Europe or even the U. S or Canada. The most important thing is to make good grades in whatever program u are applying for, don't forget that the U. K education standard is highly respected all over the world. So moving to other country could be a good option

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2019
akinbo3:
I have a question to ask about tier4 Visa Processing:

1. Apart from TB Test do I need any other Test during or before Visa payand Biometrics?
I can see people talking about Health Payment or IHS surcharge please explain to me.
All I aware is TB and Visa fees

2. How much is:
STANDARD VISA
PRIORITY VISA
SUPER PRIORITY VISA

3. I plan to apply with my wife as a Dependent. But I have a Conference Visit Visa Refusal in 2010 Canada and 2012 USA.
There were not falsefull issues.
Refusal says: Due to my Country Economy Instability (Canada) and no ties (Usa).
Can these affects my chances of approval as Dependent?...

Do I need to produce the Refusal LETTERS during Visa application because I misplaced them?

Experts please help with experience....

These are different countries and different rules / processes... I would keep them separate and not provide any refusal letter

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 6:23pm On Oct 30, 2019
akinbo3:
I have a question to ask about tier4 Visa Processing:

1. Apart from TB Test do I need any other Test during or before Visa payand Biometrics?
I can see people talking about Health Payment or IHS surcharge please explain to me.
All I aware is TB and Visa fees

2. How much is:
STANDARD VISA
PRIORITY VISA
SUPER PRIORITY VISA

3. I plan to apply with my wife as a Dependent. But I have a Conference Visit Visa Refusal in 2010 Canada and 2012 USA.
There were not falsefull issues.
Refusal says: Due to my Country Economy Instability (Canada) and no ties (Usa).
Can these affects my chances of approval as Dependent?...

Do I need to produce the Refusal LETTERS during Visa application because I misplaced them?

Experts please help with experience....

Have you read Page 1 of this thread?
95% of the info you are asking is there.

1. TB test at IOM Lagos or Abuja is the only test required.

2. When you visit the .gov.uk site you will see the application standard fees there.

3. Don’t worry about the refusals. Just concentrate on dotting all the i’s and crossing all the T’s of your T4 visa application.
I tell you what? The UK Tier-4 PBS visa is the easiest visa to get because ALL they require is clearly written down in Black and white.
Best wishes

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (431) (432) (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.