Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,964 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:12 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (436) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1342380 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:57am On Nov 03, 2019
lovesavvi:
am think of wife travel first and apply for the kids then travel with them later.but my concern is one month visa issue which means I will need to travel first and collect my brp. Can u pls advice best way forward on this.

Apply alone and travel first then apply for them when you are financially ready but you need to indicate that they will be applying later

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 11:57am On Nov 03, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Today is November 3.
Do you already have your 9-month maintenance funds in your (or your dad or mum’s) account?

Not yet. I was looking at applying and getting the admission first. Then if that is done, by 1st week of Dec. Might be when the money will be in the account
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 12:06pm On Nov 03, 2019
LagosismyHome:

Used to be common back in them day, I think it still a valid option. Just be sure there post study first. With this election if Boris Johnson loses then most likely there might be no post study

Pls I have a question concerning this. With strong faith that the post study 2yrs has come to stay.
My question is. If I am studying and I invite my spouse as a dependent and before the expiration of my 2yrs post study, can she seek for admission as a masters student? And can I also in return become her dependent?
Please the answer to this will make so many thoughts in my head clearer.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fatsoul: 12:07pm On Nov 03, 2019
Gm my people.Happy Sunday..do we have any Uk school dat their academy session is commencing from April 2020..if yes pls can I get the list of the schools.. thank u God bless u always...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 12:56pm On Nov 03, 2019
LaaJiblik:

What if Jo Swinson wins the December 12th elections?
What if Jeremy Corbyn wins?
What if Nichola Sturgeon becomes Prime minister?

All these names above will stop BreXit.
If BreXit is stopped, there may no longer be a dire need for non-EU workers (remember someone from Lithuania can wake up in the morning, and fly to the UK without any pre-obtained job or even able to speak English language).

My suggestion:
Anyone who wishes to hide under the ‘umbrella’ of Tier 4 student visa for the purpose of UK migration needs to put ALL factors into consideration.

I have said it before, I will say it again:
The 2-year post study thingy is a PROPOSAL, and that proposal was hinged on the UK departing the EU today, October 31.

Jo swinson cannot win. She has got only 19 seats out of the 650seats and has to win over 320 additional seats to have a majority. I can tell you for a fact That's super impossible.

Nicola sturgeon cannot be prime minister because the SNP is only in Scotland and do not field MPs in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. So even if the SNP wins all the seats in Scotland which isn't up to 70, they still can never win majority seats.

Jeremy Corbyn is liberal and if he wins he will surely put in place favourable immigration laws. Even more relaxed rules than what the conservatives are comfortable with. And mind you labour do not want to stop Brexit. They only want to ensure the public gets a final say on any deal that is reached.

Long and short of the whole thing is, as it stands, only two people can be prime minister Corbyn or Boris. And if either wins the new decision for the two years post study visa is not likely to change

Another correction is that the post study visa is not a proposal as you stated. It has already been confirmed by the Home Secretary, Priti Patel. So unless they comeback and cancel it, it stands

5 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 1:13pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

Jo swinson cannot win. She has got only 19 seats out of the 650seats and has to win over 320 additional seats to have a majority. I can tell you for a fact That's super impossible.

Nicolas sturgeon cannot be prime minister because the SNP is only in Scotland and do not field MPs in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. So even if the SNP wins all the seats in Scotland which isn't up to 70, they still can never win majority seats.

Jeremy Corbyn is liberal and if he wins he will surely put in place favourable immigration laws. Even more relaxed rules than what the conservatives are comfortable with. And mind you labour do not want to stop Brexit. They only want to ensure the public gets a final say on any deal that is reached.

Long and short of the whole thing is, as it stands, only two people can be prime minister Corbyn or Boris. And if either wins the new decision for the two years post study visa is not likely to change

Another correction is that the post study visa is not a proposal as you stated. It has already been confirmed by the Home Secretary, Priti Patel. So unless they comeback and cancel it, it stands
Sigh of relief
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:22pm On Nov 03, 2019
Cigbojugha:

Pls I have a question concerning this. With strong faith that the post study 2yrs has come to stay.
My question is. If I am studying and I invite my spouse as a dependent and before the expiration of my 2yrs post study, can she seek for admission as a masters student? And can I also in return become her dependent?

Something wey neva come, you don dey invoke faith. Na wa ohh

Let me ignore that your ‘faith’ and attempt to offer an answer to your question.

Your wife can ALWAYS apply for her own tier-4 visa, irrespective of your own status.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 1:34pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

Nicolas sturgeon cannot be prime minister because the SNP is only in Scotland and do not field MPs in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. So even if the SNP wins all the seats in Scotland which isn't up to 70, they still can never win majority seats.

You seem to have good knowledge of UK politics vis-a-vis the numbers in parliament.
What you seem not to understand is that among ALL the names you listed above, only BORIS is pro-BreXit’

Did you say Corbyn doesn’t want to stop BreXit? Really? Corbyn that clearly said he would negotiate a deal, Place it back to the people in a referendum, with an option to remain, and then he will campaign for Remain. You didn’t hear /know that?

Let’s assume (without conceding) that the 2 year post study visa is ‘not a proposal because Priti Patel confirmed it’
I hope you know that Boris mentioned that within the context of BreXit.

Let’s get it straight here.
If BreXit happens, the UK will need manpower, and post study visas would be great.
If BreXit doesn’t happen, a two-year post study visa would likely still be ‘almost useless’ in the long term. You know why?
Because after the 2 years post study (which by the way is not extendable), we will still struggle to get a job unless there are no EU nationals interested in those jobs. We will still be 2nd fiddle.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 1:38pm On Nov 03, 2019
Cigbojugha:

Yes I have a friend that did the same thing, who's almost eligible for permanent residence (through the 10years route).
He did his master's and right after the wife did hers and after that did her PHD. Then immediately after that he did a second masters and is planning to apply for his PHD next year.

If that works out they would have stayed for more than 10years and they would be eligible for the permanent residence. Only issue is that it takes a massive toll on their finances because they were not able to secure a high paying jobs during the period and have had to use most of their savings to pay for fees.

So just so you know it isn't very easy except if one of you is able to secure a good job while the other is studying and working part-time.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 1:50pm On Nov 03, 2019
LaaJiblik:

You seem to have good knowledge of UK politics vis-a-vis the numbers in parliament.
What you seem not to understand is that among ALL the names you listed above, only BORIS is pro-BreXit’

Did you say Corbyn doesn’t want to stop BreXit? Really? Corbyn that clearly said he would negotiate a deal, Place it back to the people in a referendum, with an option to remain, and then he will campaign for Remain. You didn’t hear /know that?

Let’s assume (without conceding) that the 2 year post study visa is ‘not a proposal because Priti Patel confirmed it’
I hope you know that Boris mentioned that within the context of BreXit.

Let’s get it straight here.
If BreXit happens, the UK will need manpower, and post study visas would be great.
If BreXit doesn’t happen, a two-year post study visa would likely still be ‘almost useless’ in the long term. You know why?
Because after the 2 years post study (which by the way is not extendable), we will still struggle to get a job unless there are no EU nationals interested in those jobs. We will still be 2nd fiddle.

Corbyn has been a Eurosceptic for over 30years. And that's what Boris has used in hammering him every Wednesday during prime minister questions. Because despite being Eurosceptic for 30years he still decided to support remain during the referendum.

Mind you Corbyn didn't say he would campaign for remain when the deal is negotiated, that's why most people in the north of England (labour strong holds) are angry with him. Because he still hasn't confirmed how he would vote if there was a second referendum.

I agree that if there is no Brexit the likelihood of the policy being implemented beyond 2021 is slim but it is wrong to say the policy was because of Brexit. For a longtime the university comission have been advocating that the government reintroduce the policy because billions in tuition and other fees are lost every year because most students are now seeking alternatives such as Canada, Australia, Germany etc. So the decision wasn't entirely because of Brexit and was stopped mainly because Theresa May's stands on immigration and her target to reduce immigration to the tens of thousands (which she started when she was home secretary under Cameron) has been ditched by the current government.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

Yes I have a friend that did the same thing, who's almost eligible for permanent residence (through the 10years route).
He did his master's and right after the wife did hers and after that did her PHD. Then immediately after that he did a second masters and is planning to apply for his PHD next year.

If that works out they would have stayed for more than 10years and they would be eligible for the permanent residence. Only issue is that it takes a massive toll on their finances because they were not able to secure a high paying jobs during the period and have had to use most of their savings to pay for fees.

So just so you know it isn't very easy except if one of you is able to secure a good job while the other is studying and working part-time.
God bless you for clearing this for me. I know its going to be very expensive but I believe that as the bridge keep coming we will definitely cross with ease and safety.
Thanks once again
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 2:48pm On Nov 03, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Something wey neva come, you don dey invoke faith. Na wa ohh

Let me ignore that your ‘faith’ and attempt to offer an answer to your question.

Your wife can ALWAYS apply for her own tier-4 visa, irrespective of your own status.

Thank you very much for the answer. It will help me make up my mind.

As for the faith part. Hmm my dear I need am o. Because even the wife sef never come and the admission never come but with faith Jan 2020 admission will be my batch.
Thats how star do
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 3:50pm On Nov 03, 2019
candycush:

Please have you paid your deposit? How long did it take for them to verify and how long before they sent confirmation of offer details plus cas? I paid deposit this weekend. Please reply. Thanks
i saw your mail I can’t access it. I guess u are teesside applicant too here u can reach me plutocracyrich@gmail.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

This will not work, 10 yrs route is closed, you will not be allowed to accumulate those years.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 5:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

This will not work, 10 yrs route is closed, you will not be allowed to accumulate those years.

Of course you are allowed to accumulate it. As long as your stay is continuous, it doesn't matter what category of visa you are under at any point in time.

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 6:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

No, it's not closed please. A friend just got her ILR last month using the 10 years route. As long as the stay is continuous legally and you haven't spent more than 180 days outside the UK, you are eligible for permanent residence.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
adegoks1234:
No, it's not closed please. A friend just got her ILR last month using the 10 years route. As long as the stay is continuous legally and you haven't spent more than 180 days outside the UK, you are eligible for permanent residence.

My Oga:
Did this your friend used Tier-4 student route for 10 continuous years?
I asked because I want to place your answer (and experience) in context of the original question.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by BouharryArtikou: 6:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
BouharryArtikou:
Please I am new here.
I just got admission to the University of Cambridge. I had applied to Oxford too. Is Cambridge a good university? Or do I wait and see the Oxford outcome?
Thanks for your suggestions please

Thanks Guys.
This thread has been useful.

The Oxford outcome came through, and it was positive too. I think I will settle for Oxford.
Anyone presently at Oxford here? Or going to Oxford?
Let’s connect, please.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 6:32pm On Nov 03, 2019
[quote author=LaaJiblik post=83712151]

My Oga:
Did this your friend used Tier-4 student route for 10 continuous years?
I asked because I want to place your answer (and experience) in context of the original question.[/quote /

YES, she did. She did her undergraduate, masters and was a year in her PhD when she got the ILR. All on tier 4

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

When did they close 10 years .... I know a couple who just got ILR this August through wife and husband rotating , although they had 2 years of tier 2

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
LagosismyHome:

When did they close 10 years .... I know a couple who just got ILR this August through wife and husband rotating , although they had 2 years of tier 2

Okay... following
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:58pm On Nov 03, 2019
LagosismyHome:

That is totally different route, 10yrs route through student visa closed sometime 2016-2017(i'm not sure about the specific year) , you can't stay in the UK on student visa longer than 8yrs no matter how you go around the system. You can't study more than 2yrs on any course below degree level and for courses .. degree and above the limit is 4-5yrs, if you decided to go for PhD then 8yrs is the limit.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
adegoks1234:

I guess you have limited info about how your friend got his ILR.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:01pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

Of course you are allowed to accumulate it. As long as your stay is continuous, it doesn't matter what category of visa you are under at any point in time.

https://www.gov.uk/long-residence/eligibility

That link is not referring to student visa route. Try and stay on topic
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

Justwise, you simply don't know it all. As long as you have stayed in the UK for up 10 years continuously and it's legal, then you are eligible for ILR. She is right here with me and laughing at your ignorance
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 10:08pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

That link is not referring to student visa route. Try and stay on topic

What are you talking about? There is nothing like student visa route to indefinite leave to remain. Once you have stayed for 10years on any kind of visa you are eligible to apply for the ILR. That's the simple fact. That's clearly stated there. Please show us any government publication that supports your claim that the 10 years route to ILR has been closed.

Read the information and you will clearly see that it applies to any category of visa. This is something I know for a fact so don't try to twist facts
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

What are you talking about? There is nothing like student visa route to indefinite leave to remain. Once you have stayed for 10years on any kind of visa you are eligible to apply for the ILR. That's the simple fact.
Wasn't that what I just said? I said she was on tier 4 which she used for her undergraduate, masters and early years of her PhD. It became 10 years this year and she applied and got her ILR...
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 10:13pm On Nov 03, 2019
adegoks1234:
Wasn't that what I just said? I said she was on tier 4 which she used for her undergraduate, masters and early years of her PhD. It became 10 years this year and she applied and got her ILR...

Exactly! I know people here that are doing the same thing
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by adegoks1234(m): 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

What are you talking about? There is nothing like student visa route to indefinite leave to remain. Once you have stayed for 10years on any kind of visa you are eligible to apply for the ILR. That's the simple fact. That's clearly stated there. Please show us any government publication that supports your claim that the 10 years route to ILR has been closed.

Read the information and you will clearly see that it applies to any category of visa. This is something I know for a fact so don't try to twist facts
Exactly what I was trying to explain to him. He thinks he knows it all.

Once you have stayed in the UK legally for 10 years regardless of the type of visa, you are eligible for an ILR.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

Dude with all due respect on this issue you are totally wrong! That I am certain of
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2019
adegoks1234:
Justwise, you simply don't know it all. As long as you have stayed in the UK for up 10 years continuously and it's legal, then you are eligible for ILR. She is right here with me and laughing at your ignorance

Now its personal attack?

Please keep your insult to yourself and argue like a decent human being.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (433) (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.