Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,007 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1342242 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

What are you talking about? There is nothing like student visa route to indefinite leave to remain. Once you have stayed for 10years on any kind of visa you are eligible to apply for the ILR. That's the simple fact. That's clearly stated there. Please show us any government publication that supports your claim that the 10 years route to ILR has been closed.

Read the information and you will clearly see that it applies to any category of visa. This is something I know for a fact so don't try to twist facts

You are talking about a different visa route, the type of visa you entered the UK with matters a lot.

Read this link just incase you want to learn. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/843003/T4_Migrant_Guidance_October_2019.pdf

Start from 295. It has a detailed explanation about this issue
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:20pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

Dude with all due respect on this issue you are totally wrong! That I am certain of

You are not.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 10:26pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

You are talking about a different visa route, the type of visa you entered the UK with matters a lot.

Read this link just incase you want to learn. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/843003/T4_Migrant_Guidance_October_2019.pdf

Start from 295. It has a detailed explanation about this issue

For one: 295 is on study time limit, and not about the issue.

I didn't want to mention any personal info but Mr, I entered the UK on a tier 4 study visa. And I have my leave to remain now so don't tell me something I know for a fact. Just admit that you are wrong on this one. No man is an island of knowledge
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

For one: 295 is on study time limit, and not about the issue.

I didn't want to mention any personal info but Mr, I entered the UK on a tier 4 study visa. And I have my leave to remain now so don't tell me something I know for a fact. Just admit that you wrong on this one. No man is an island of knowledge

I bet you did not read that section, when the number of yrs you can stay in the UK studying is limited to 8yrs how then will you be able to stay long enough to apply for ILR?

I also entered the UK on student visa and went through this very route before it was closed, so i'm not telling you about something i did not do.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 10:43pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

I bet you did not read that section, when the number of yrs you can stay in the UK studying is limited to 8yrs how then will you be able to stay long enough to apply for ILR?

I also entered the UK on student visa and went through this very route before it was closed, so i'm not telling you about something i did not do.

Was it closed last month? If not then what you are saying is false. I'm so tempted to post personal info to show what you are saying is just wrong.

I will not say anything else on this because it is clear you are quite stuck on your ways. But anyone that is able to do their own search should call or write to an immigration lawyer based in the UK and ask. I can say for a fact that what this man is saying is very incorrect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:48pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

Was it closed last month? If not then what you are saying is false. I'm so tempted to post personal info to show what you are saying is just wrong.

I will not say anything else on this because it is clear you are quite stuck on your ways. But anyone that is able to do their own search should call an immigration lawyer based in the UK and ask. I can say for a fact that what this man is saying is very incorrect

If you dropped any 'immigration lawyer' contact details here i will remove it.

The whole details is in that link but you failed to read but rather keep arguing on false info.

Why are afraid of reading that link? Its an official link and not from any immigration website or some agent.

Don't bother dropping any persona info here because no one here has the authority to verify it
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by 912(m): 11:00pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

If you dropped any 'immigration lawyer' contact details here i will remove it.

The whole details is in that link but you failed to read but rather keep arguing on false info.

Why are afraid of reading that link? Its an official link and not from any immigration website or some agent.

Don't bother dropping any persona info here because no one here has the authority to verify it

The power of a mod. I'm sure you would delete it because ego won't let you admit you are wrong.

Please guys do your own research and don't be deceived. If I had seen these false comments I too would have been deceived. Cheers
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:04pm On Nov 03, 2019
912:

The power of a mod. I'm sure you would delete it because ego won't let you admit you are wrong.

Please guys do your own research and don't be deceived. If I had seen these false comments I too would have been deceived. Cheers

If i'm wrong then the UKBA info is wrong because that is exactly where i got the info from.

You are afraid of the uncomfortable truth.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 11:14pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

If i'm wrong then the UKBA info is wrong because that is exactly where i got the info from.

You are afraid of the uncomfortable truth.
mr justwise I think you are wrong on this bro! You don’t seems to understand this guys from their perspectives. Let me break it down.

Tier 4

BSC 4 years

Masters 2 years

I become a dependent of my wife which doing her masters for 2 years

I opt in for PhD 4 years

How many years is that? 12 years!

The uk immigration websites say as long you have lived in UK for 10years legitimately! With this I have leaved more than 10 years in UK hence I am entitled to ILR.

Cc justwise

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:19pm On Nov 03, 2019
Tobexin:
mr justwise I think you are work on this bro! You don’t seems to understand this guys from their perspectives. Let me break it down.

Tier 4

BSC 4 years

Masters 2 years

I opt in for PhD 4 years

The uk immigration websites say as long you haves lived in UK for 10years legitimately! With this I have leaved more than 10 years in UK hence I am entitled to ILR.

Cc justwise

Did you read that link i dropped? https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/843003/T4_Migrant_Guidance_October_2019.pdf

The explanation started from 295 down to page 71.

This is about student visa route to ILR.

If you are coming to the UK with work permit or other immigration visa then don't both reading that link.

I'm sure you did not read that link
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 11:27pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:

Did you read that link i dropped? https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/843003/T4_Migrant_Guidance_October_2019.pdf

The explanation started from 295 down to page 71.

This is about student visa route to ILR.

If you are coming to the UK with work permit or other immigration visa then don't both reading that link.

I'm sure you did not read that link
i just finished reading it bro! This doesn’t talk about gateway to ILR but time limit of studying in UK. The maximum year one can spend in studying in UK is 8years but the comma there is if you become a dependent of someone to accumulate the remaining two years hence you are qualified for ILR. This is a pure lacuna in the UK immigration law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 11:31pm On Nov 03, 2019
Tobexin:
i just finished reading it bro! This doesn’t talk about gateway to ILR but time limit of studying in UK. The maximum year one can spend in studying in UK is 8years but the comma there is if you become a dependent of someone to accumulate the remaining two years hence you are qualified for ILR. This is a pure lacuna in the UK immigration law.

You added that to make yourself feel happy? grin grin grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 11:34pm On Nov 03, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

You added that to make yourself feel happy? grin grin grin
that is the lacuna those guys have been talking about! Am not making myself happy for anything bro! It just a simple logic
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:38am On Nov 04, 2019
Tobexin:

You mean you will now become a dependant to another tier-4 or tier-2 visa holder? How will you ‘become’ you mean by marriage? Or legal adoption?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 12:49am On Nov 04, 2019
LaaJiblik:

You mean you will now become a dependant to another tier-4 or tier-2 visa holder? How will you ‘become’ you mean by marriage? Or legal adoption?
if am through with the 8 years of study limit in the Uk my wife can opt in for her PHD invariably I am entitle to a dependent visa on the virtue of her PHD which gives me the two years needed to opt in for ILR
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:12am On Nov 04, 2019
LaaJiblik:

Of course that will not because if the wife wants to apply for PhD they will calculate the number of years she has spent under tier 4 visa already ( her dependant visa is held through the husband is under tier 4).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by abuhusna1: 7:19am On Nov 04, 2019
Tobexin:
mr justwise I think you are wrong on this bro! You don’t seems to understand this guys from their perspectives. Let me break it down.

Tier 4

BSC 4 years

Masters 2 years

I opt in for PhD 4 years

The uk immigration websites say as long you have lived in UK for 10years legitimately! With this I have leaved more than 10 years in UK hence I am entitled to ILR.

Cc justwise
But come to think of it just wise is right the max of year you can study is 8 years but u just gave an Hint to make it 10 years u got dependent visa. Not everyone will be lucky like u to get a partner they can depend on to get the two years left
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:28am On Nov 04, 2019
Tobexin:

Tier 4

BSC 4 years

Masters 2 years

I opt in for PhD 4 years

Cc justwise

Bsc in the U.K. is 3yrs and masters is one year, I don't know where you got 4yrs Bsc and 2yrs masters from.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by B1ak3: 7:57am On Nov 04, 2019
justwise:

Of course that will not because if the wife wants to apply for PhD they will calculate the number of years she has spent under tier 4 visa already ( her dependant visa is held through the husband is under tier 4).

grin grin grin bros!!!!!!!!! the highlighted part na big lie Dependent visa is different from tier 4. It is not counted as a tier 4 visa when you are being considered for tier 4.

I know a family that used th same way to get their stay. Although the guy will advise you not to because according to him they were broke throughout the whole period and if not for shame he for run back to naija. But to say it doesn't happen, bros that one na lie and it is legal too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 8:04am On Nov 04, 2019
justwise:

Bsc in the U.K. is 3yrs and masters is one year, I don't know where you got 4yrs Bsc and 2yrs masters from.

boss lol not all MSC is one year some are 2 years And not all BSC is 3 years some are even 5 years!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 8:07am On Nov 04, 2019
B1ak3:

grin grin grin bros!!!!!!!!! the highlighted part na big lie Dependent visa is different from tier 4. It is not counted as a tier 4 visa when you are being considered for tier 4.

I know a family that used th same way to get their stay. Although the guy will advise you not to because according to him they were broke throughout the whole period and if not for shame he for run back to naija. But to say it doesn't happen, bros that one na lie and it is legal too
dont mind justwise he doesn’t want to learn new things! My two friends in Uk used these ways to get their ILR last month no b last year ooo!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:07am On Nov 04, 2019
B1ak3:

Here we go again with another..my friend..my uncle example who can't be bothered to read. Many of you here will learn the harsh lesson when the time come.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 8:08am On Nov 04, 2019
Tobexin:
dont mind justwise he doesn’t want to learn new things! My two friends in Uk used these ways to get their ILR last month no b last year ooo!

grin grin get to the UK first and play the game for 8yrs then come here to argue with me
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by B1ak3: 8:17am On Nov 04, 2019
justwise:

Jesu! grin bros abeg na it is not all o. Haba nau
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by B1ak3: 8:30am On Nov 04, 2019
justwise:

Here we go again with another..my friend..my uncle example who can't be bothered to read. Many of you here will learn the harsh lesson when the time come.

Are u seriously saying study visa and dependent visa are the same? shocked that one na nau
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by waynee2baba: 9:54am On Nov 04, 2019
justwise:

Foundation year - 1 year
BSc - 4 years (3 years BSc, 1 year work placement)
MSc - 2 years (1 year MSc, 1 year work placement)
PhD - 3 years
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:28am On Nov 04, 2019
justwise:

A lot of BSC are allowed to take one gap year of working (placement) , hence they graduate in 4 years which is perfectly ok.

My little cousin has been here since A-level, done 3 years of A-levels instead of 2 (because she changed course mid way) , She then went on the do BSC accounting for 4 years (placement year) . Meaning 3 years left . If she does a does a masters now and then post study 2 years , i think she is good to go for ILR
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 10:35am On Nov 04, 2019
You guys should stop dwelling on the same topic! Justwise is not ready to accept these facts! He knows it all!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 10:59am On Nov 04, 2019
LagosismyHome:

A lot of BSC are allowed to take one gap year of working (placement) , hence they graduate in 4 years which is perfectly ok.

My little cousin has been here since A-level, done 3 years of A-levels instead of 2 (because she changed course mid way) , She then went on the do BSC accounting for 4 years (placement year) . Meaning 3 years left . If she does a does a masters now and then post study 2 years , i think she is good to go for ILR

Degree in the UK is 3yrs as a standard, yes with work placement its 4. Not all degrees includes work placement. The same with masters.

How long did your cousin stay in the UK before starting A level?

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.