Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (593) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1343003 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by harriseen(m): 12:55am On Mar 14, 2020
Good morning everyone.

So I just got an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam University. I’m required to pay a £1k acceptance fee to get my CAS. However I’m also applying for a scholarship that could give me 50% funding for my program. Trying to brainstorm and gather info for an essay I’m expected to write has been a real head scratcher however. I’ll post the topic here, just so anyone is in my shoes or willing to help with useful tips can reach me

”In no more than 500 words, please tell us how you would stand out from the crowd as a scholarship ambassador for Sheffield Hallam University during and after your studies“
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chuukwudi(m): 9:23am On Mar 14, 2020
A program I want to apply for consists of four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project module.
The fees:
Full-time home/EU £7,920 per year
Full-time international £14,670 per year
Part-time £1,320 per 30 credit module

What does this mean please? I saw it in the webpage of the school I want to apply to. The fees is high so I want to study part time, even though it takes maximum of 3 years for part-time. How much am I expected to pay per year or show in my account for visa?

Thank you.

From my own thinking, a four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project module is like saying your are taking a six 30-credit modules.
Will I then pay 6 * £1,320 = £7,920 (Ohhoo... This is equivalent to the full time home/eu citizen fees).
Does this mean that for an international student like me, I will pay £14,670/6 = £2,445 per 30 credit module?

Please, am I correct
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:20am On Mar 14, 2020
I replied
harriseen:

Studyabroad111 I sent you a PM already
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Phatkings: 10:29am On Mar 14, 2020
harriseen:
Good morning everyone.

So I just got an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam University. I’m required to pay a £1k acceptance fee to get my CAS. However I’m also applying for a scholarship that could give me 50% funding for my program. Trying to brainstorm and gather info for an essay I’m expected to write has been a real head scratcher however. I’ll post the topic here, just so anyone is in my shoes or willing to help with useful tips can reach me

”In no more than 500 words, please tell us how you would stand out from the crowd as a scholarship ambassador for Sheffield Hallam University during and after your studies“

What scholarship tell us let's apply too
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cyberknight: 11:00am On Mar 14, 2020
Chuukwudi:
A program I want to apply for consists of four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project module.
The fees:
Full-time home/EU £7,920 per year
Full-time international £14,670 per year
Part-time £1,320 per 30 credit module

What does this mean please? I saw it in the webpage of the school I want to apply to. The fees is high so I want to study part time, even though it takes maximum of 3 years for part-time. How much am I expected to pay per year or show in my account for visa?

Thank you.

From my own thinking, a four 30-credit modules and one 60-credit project module is like saying your are taking a six 30-credit modules.
Will I then pay 6 * £1,320 = £7,920 (Ohhoo... This is equivalent to the full time home/eu citizen fees).
Does this mean that for an international student like me, I will pay £14,670/6 = £2,445 per 30 credit module?

Please, am I correct

As an international student you can only study full-time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Chuukwudi(m): 11:16am On Mar 14, 2020
Cyberknight:

As an international student you can only study full-time.

angry

Thank you for your reply.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:37am On Mar 14, 2020
harriseen please I can't view your pm having issues with the email I assigned to this handle. You can post your message here. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by gsk4reality: 12:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
gsk4reality:
Good evening everyone.
Is it possible for someone who studied Geology at HND level to cross to any IT related course via Top up degree in the UK?

@Justwise and other gurus in the house, please help out.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 12:46pm On Mar 14, 2020
gsk4reality:
Good evening everyone.
Is it possible for someone who studied Geology at HND level to cross to any IT related course via Top up degree in the UK?

Only the school can give you accurate answer to this, contact the school with the name of the course you want to study.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Geesucc: 1:51pm On Mar 14, 2020
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fwaz: 1:55pm On Mar 14, 2020
Please house! is it advisable for someone to open a domiciliary account and transfer all his maintenance fees into it against September?? The value of Naira is falling, lemme say depreciating and those already abroad please how do u go by spending your cash over there?

Did u travelled with enough £?
Are you making used of your naira account/ master card?
How do tend to avoid bank charges? I learned the charges is much..

Will appreciate any response upon this.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Geesucc: 1:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
hosey:

It is not compulsory and it can be the same bank statement as long as the bank statement is no more than 31 days before your biometrics appointment in the visa application centre.

Ensure that any bank statement you use is less than 31
before your biometrics appointment in the visa application centre. That is the law.
Biko the CAS thing is not clear.. u said and I quote
"So if you show your bank statement to your school by May and pay the allotted deposit, you will receive CAS by June and then apply for visa. " how then is it now possible to use the same statement when its already a month past the first statement from may to June?? Pls clarify sir
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fwaz: 2:25pm On Mar 14, 2020
You can request for another 28days statement from your bank.
Let's say from 01may to 28may bank statement is what you used in obtaining your CAS from your school and your CAS was issued to you on 5june, go back to your bank and request for another 28days statement pending when you choose to apply for your visa.. if you chose to apply on 6june, your 28days should start counting from 9may to 5june if I'm not mistaking

Geesucc:
Biko the CAS thing is not clear.. u said and I quote
"So if you show your bank statement to your school by May and pay the allotted deposit, you will receive CAS by June and then apply for visa. " how then is it now possible to use the same statement when its already a month past the first statement from may to June?? Pls clarify sir

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 2:45pm On Mar 14, 2020
Fwaz:
Let's say from 01may to 28may bank statement is what you used in obtaining your CAS from your school and your CAS was issued to you on 5june, go back to your bank and request for another 28days statement pending when you choose to apply for your visa.. if you chose to apply on 6june, your 28days should start counting from 9may to 5june if I'm not mistaking

Please, I need to ask this question. I am understand you should not make any withdraw within 28 days bracket but could you deposit during this time if what you started with within the period is enough for your programme.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 2:48pm On Mar 14, 2020
harriseen:
Good morning everyone.

Congratulations on the offer. Could you tell us your intended course of study.

I was given conditional offer for MSc Cyber Security but my condition never specified any scholarship.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Mobilipia(f): 3:10pm On Mar 14, 2020
Fwaz:

from my little knowledge what it means not more than 31 days is the printed statement of account should not be more than 31days. For example, if your statement hits 28 days on 31s of June and you print it on 1 July, so by 30th July you can't use the printed statement of account again. My elders correct me if I'm wrong.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by harriseen(m): 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
excelchips:

Congratulations on the offer. Could you tell us your intended course of study.

I was given conditional offer for MSc Cyber Security but my condition never specified any scholarship.

I’m going for Global Communication and Media. The scholarship page is on the website. Under their fees and aid. There are a number of them there. The one I’m applying to is TRANSFORM TOGETHER. Just check on the website
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by harriseen(m): 3:29pm On Mar 14, 2020
Phatkings:

What scholarship tell us let's apply too

Transform Together
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 3:30pm On Mar 14, 2020
harriseen:

Ok. Can you send me a PM instead then?

What stops you from asking that question here?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by harriseen(m): 4:31pm On Mar 14, 2020
justwise:

What stops you from asking that question here?

I already did.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 5:03pm On Mar 14, 2020
harriseen:

I’m going for Global Communication and Media. The scholarship page is on the website. Under their fees and aid. There are a number of them there. The one I’m applying to is TRANSFORM TOGETHER. Just check on the website

Thanks for the clarification.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fwaz: 5:22pm On Mar 14, 2020
Please you guys should say something na�� Evening all
Fwaz:
Please house! is it advisable for someone to open a domiciliary account and transfer all his maintenance fees into it against September?? The value of Naira is falling, lemme say depreciating and those already abroad please how do u go by spending your cash over there?

Did u travelled with enough £?
Are you making used of your naira account/ master card?
How do tend to avoid bank charges? I learned the charges is much..

Will appreciate any response upon this.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by EasySquared: 5:42pm On Mar 14, 2020
Fwaz:
Please you guys should say something na�� Evening all

There's nothing stopping you from depositing your money in a domiciliary account to protect it against depreciation.

My friend who went last year, change Naira to pounds with someone in the UK. He got good rates too..
There are guys who do this as a business. Go to the UK Immigrant thread by Fatima, one of the UK bosses should be able to direct you to a trustworthy person

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 6:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
EasySquared:

There's nothing stopping you from depositing your money in a domiciliary account to protect it against depreciation.

My friend who went last year, change Naira to pounds with someone in the UK. He got good rates too..
There are guys who do this as a business. Go to the UK Immigrant thread by Fatima, one of the UK bosses should be able to direct you to a trustworthy person
yea I do help in change from Naira to pounds too.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by autolearner: 7:26pm On Mar 14, 2020
harriseen:

Transform Together

Here's the link to the scholarship

(1) (2) (3) ... (590) (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.