Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,134 members, 7,829,052 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (590) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1340445 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Ogbe1414: 9:43am On Mar 10, 2020
Please house, is it possible for me to do Masters in Computer Science or InformationTechnology in Uk? I have B.Ed (Computer Science).
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by atoeosato: 9:50am On Mar 10, 2020
Dear justwise n other gurus here,
Thank you for the good job you guys are doing here.
For someone like me with a background in banking, I had two unconditional offers, MSC fintech(financial technology)uwe Bristol 1yr and MSC project management- teesside uni 2yrs.
Please which can you advice will stand more chances for a tier 2 if need be ? And which of these two cities are more student jobs?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Misterslim: 10:06am On Mar 10, 2020
Please this number called me that my visa is ready is it really safe and ready to go and pick it up ? Or I should wait for an email to be sent or text because that was what they said they will contact me with when it’s ready my agent told me I shouldn’t have been called anyone here to help me understand what is going on
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 10:40am On Mar 10, 2020
Goodmorning. Please Is it possible to use a Pounds account in UK to apply for students visa from Nigeria? Let me ask it this way, a friend is a tier 4 dependant to her husband, married and with kids. She want to go back to Nigeria and apply for her own tier 4 visa using her pounds account in UK for maintenance fees.
Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:18am On Mar 10, 2020
STENON:
Goodmorning. Please Is it possible to use a Pounds account in UK to apply for students visa from Nigeria? Let me ask it this way, a friend is a tier 4 dependant to her husband, married and with kids. She want to go back to Nigeria and apply for her own tier 4 visa using her pounds account in UK for maintenance fees.
Thanks

Doesnt matter what currency or where the bank account is.. what matter is if the fund is available to the minimum amount and in the account holders name.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yusfaith78(m): 11:38am On Mar 10, 2020
I tracked my application this morning and it was showing this. Do I need to wait till I received email or I can go there now

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Thewizardof0zil: 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hi guys please I need help, I got an unconditional offer to study my undergrad at ICP (Portsmouth). But I need to do a foundation program first. Now, the tuition for my one semester foundation program is £7,900 which starts around May and ends September.
My first year degree then begins on the 27th September 2020 and the tuition is £13,500. Considering my foundation and Bsc starts thesame year, when going for my interview, do I need to show proof of funds for Foundation + Bachelors + Living expenses? Which is around £31k. Or I just need to show that I have the money for the foundation and living expenses for a year?

cc: @justwise
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by spotgetj: 12:20pm On Mar 10, 2020
atoeosato:
Dear justwise n other gurus here,
Thank you for the good job you guys are doing here.
For someone like me with a background in banking, I had two unconditional offers, MSC fintech(financial technology)uwe Bristol 1yr and MSC project management- teesside uni 2yrs.
Please which can you advice will stand more chances for a tier 2 if need be ? And which of these two cities are more student jobs?

The financial technology at uwe is better and Bristol is more urbanized than Middlesborough. I will be starting my MSc by Sept. at uwe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 12:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
STENON:
Thanks

Hi STENON,
Does she really need to travel back, to apply for her own tier-4 visa?
Ordinarily, I would think she can do it in-country?

This may be like comparing apples and oranges, but I know a tier-4 student who completed an MSc, then while still in the UK, she applied for ANOTHER tier-4 in-country, without having to travel.

Maybe your friend could research and see if it’s possible?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by whuzmhan: 1:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
STENON:
Thanks
My brother inlaw is a Tier 4 dependant and he has gotten his admission for his MSC......
And i'm very certain he's not planning to come to Nigeria for his application. He plans to only make a SWITCH
I do not think she needs to travel down for her application
She should make further inquiries...........
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 1:10pm On Mar 10, 2020
Tier 4 to Tier 4 in-country application is definitely allowed.

Tier 4 dependant to Tier 4 requires her to leave the country and apply from naija.

LaaJiblik:

Hi STENON,

This may be like comparing apples and oranges, but I know a tier-4 student who completed an MSc, then while still in the UK, she applied for ANOTHER tier-4 in-country, without having to travel.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Bourne007(m): 1:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
He's playing with refusal

Tier 4 Dependants cannot SWITCH to Tier 4 in the UK but can switch on any other type of visa.
He should make further inquiries smiley

whuzmhan:

My brother inlaw is a Tier 4 dependant and he has gotten his admission for his MSC......
And i'm very certain he's not planning to come to Nigeria for his application. He plans to only make a SWITCH
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 10, 2020
Stenon.

If your brother in law still have visa that will cover his study duration, he does not need to apply for tier 4 visa.

With dependant visa, you can work and study full time without restriction.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by mattfeuter(m): 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2020
Thewizardof0zil:
Hi guys please I need help, I got an unconditional offer to study my undergrad at ICP (Portsmouth). But I need to do a foundation program first. Now, the tuition for my one semester foundation program is £7,900 which starts around May and ends September.
My first year degree then begins on the 27th September 2020 and the tuition is £13,500. Considering my foundation and Bsc starts thesame year, when going for my interview, do I need to show proof of funds for Foundation + Bachelors + Living expenses? Which is around £31k. Or I just need to show that I have the money for the foundation and living expenses for a year?

Since your foundation will be less than a year, I think it is best you check with your uni. All the best

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2020
can someone share sample reference letter with me?
(Need it for my masters degree application)
My HOD wants to see a sample before writing mine.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 2:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
whuzmhan:

he must travel back to Nigeria before switching I think.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2020
hosey:
Stenon.

If your brother in law still have visa that will cover his study duration, he does not need to apply for tier 4 visa.

lols. Thanks bro. Not even brother or sister in law. The wife is a friend to me. The husband was the real applicant so the wife joined him on tier 4 dependant, now the wife want to apply for tier 4 visa. but is confused with the statement of account stuff
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by ignis: 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2020
onecoder:

It is a pity that our education standard has fallen to the highest level.

Imagine, H.O.D needs to see a sample before drafting common reference letter to an institution for masters program. Half baked lecturers everywhere... How did he get there ? Who has done this to us?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2020
Bourne007:
Tier 4 to Tier 4 in-country application is definitely allowed.

Tier 4 dependant to Tier 4 requires her to leave the country and apply from naija.

thanks bro
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 2:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Hi STENON,

Thanks bro. She cannot switch from here, she is planning to go back to Naija but wanted to be sure if she can use the pounds statement for her application .
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by STENON(f): 2:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Doesnt matter what currency or where the bank account is.. what matter is if the fund is available to the minimum amount and in the account holders name.
I am also confused when she asked me so I brought it here to hear opinions from other people. Thanks sis
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by yusfaith78(m): 3:04pm On Mar 10, 2020
Hello Good People
I want to use this opportunity to thank everybody on this platform for the advice and information given to me, may God bless you all. I got my tier 4 dependant visa today

Submitted on 2nd of March
Biometrics done on 3rd of March
Passport Collected today Priority service

The followings are the documents submitted
My Datapage
Wife Datapage
Tuberculosis Certificate
Marriage Certificate
2 statement of account
Assorted family pictures (before, wedding and after pictures)
Copy Wife’s BRP (front and back)
Copy of wife’s student ID (front and back)
Invitation letter signed by my wife
Chat history
Copies of my France, mexico and Brazil visas

Once again, thank you all

8 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Freemanlion: 3:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
Good day house...

Please i have gotten admission in Robert Gordon University Aberdeen but a friend said schooling in London is better..

By the way I'm doing a conversion course - IT with business intelligence

Between london and aberdeen which is better in terms of getting a job and other things??
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
onecoder:

Just google samples of reference letter.

1. The lecturer has to write that he was your lecturer and state the course or modules he taught you including the year.

2. He should also state that the course/courses were taught in English Language.

3. He is sure that you will be able to do well in the course you're applying for.

4. Letters should be signed and stamped.

Just little things. But still google to get more ideas. Hope this helps you.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by atoeosato: 3:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
spotgetj:

The financial technology at uwe is better and Bristol is more urbanized than Middlesborough. I will be starting my MSc by Sept. at uwe.

Thanks a lot. Pls let connect
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 6:09pm On Mar 10, 2020
hosey:
Stenon.

Wait .... are you telling me that the dependant husband of a 4-year PhD candidate can enrol for back-to-back MSc without having to apply for a tier-4 visa? Really?

Are you sure someone with a tier4 dependant visa can study at Higher degree level on that visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 6:41pm On Mar 10, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Wait .... are you telling me that the dependant husband of a 4-year PhD candidate can enrol for back-to-back MSc without having to apply for a tier-4 visa? Really?

Are you sure someone with a tier4 dependant visa can study at Higher degree level on that visa?

Yes .. as long as you are aware of the risk

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Thewizardof0zil: 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2020
Thewizardof0zil:

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
LaaJiblik:

Yes. But the dependant visa must cover the duration of studies.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:53pm On Mar 10, 2020
hosey:

Yes. But the dependant visa must cover the duration of studies.

Thanks bro.
So that means a husband and wife can study for masters at the same time on 1 tier-4visa?
Especially if the main applicant is on a 2 year masters, and the dependent is on a 1 year masters.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2020
Thewizardof0zil:

Since your foundation course is just 4months and directly linked to undergraduate.. you will be expected to show the financial capability for those two courses but one year maintenance money.

Why paying that much for a college course? Why not look for university for your course even with the same amount?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by vikat: 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
@Justwise and other gurus' in the house. Your advice will be highly appreciated.
I have an unconditional offer for Sept. 2020 and do intend to apply for a Tier 4 with my family(Family of 4). My question however is on the statement of account. I have enough savings with my office cooperative and do intend to apply using the statement of account from the cooperative (Fully registered with CAC and Lagos state). The money is mine and i can get a signed copy of my statement of account. Do you think it is valid to apply for the visas using the statement of account from the cooperative or do i have to break the savings and transfer my money to the bank ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (587) (588) (589) (590) (591) (592) (593) ... (646)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.