Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (594) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1334625 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Fwaz: 8:04pm On Mar 14, 2020
Thanks allot
EasySquared:

There's nothing stopping you from depositing your money in a domiciliary account to protect it against depreciation.

My friend who went last year, change Naira to pounds with someone in the UK. He got good rates too..
There are guys who do this as a business. Go to the UK Immigrant thread by Fatima, one of the UK bosses should be able to direct you to a trustworthy person
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Paramedickelvin: 9:02pm On Mar 14, 2020
Good evening please I intend to apply for Coventry university Undergraduate program Please how do I Start my admission process.... Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:17pm On Mar 14, 2020
Good evening.
Start on Coventry University website

Paramedickelvin:
Good evening please I intend to apply for Coventry university Undergraduate program Please how do I Start my admission process.... Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 14, 2020
You can make withdrawals/operate the account as usual. You should only ensure that your account balance does not fall below the minimum required amount at any point in time during the 28-day period

excelchips:

Please, I need to ask this question. I am understand you should not make any withdraw within 28 days bracket but could you deposit during this time if what you started with within the period is enough for your programme.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 9:56pm On Mar 14, 2020
You can make withdrawals/operate the account as usual. You should only ensure that your account balance does not fall below the minimum required amount at any point in time during the 28-day period

Thanks for the clarification
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 11:36pm On Mar 14, 2020
What course are you applying for

Paramedickelvin:
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 12:30am On Mar 15, 2020
Good evening house, my questions goes thus;

1) does one need to do a gift deed to show as evidence of the huge/lump sum of money from a parent (tuition + living expense)

2) for the dependant visa, does a spouse need to show employment letters, leave letter, payslips etc
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DMainMan: 1:35am On Mar 15, 2020
DeeOneBangin:
Good evening house, my questions goes thus;

1) does one need to do a gift deed to show as evidence of the huge/lump sum of money from a parent (tuition + living expense)

2) for the dependant visa, does a spouse need to show employment letters, leave letter, payslips etc

1. Since you are bringing your dependant, I advise you to put your alloted money in your account. You can also put your dependant maintenance money in your account too if you wish.

2. No. What you need is to proof if your relationship is subsisting. That is marriage certificate, photos b4 marriage and after marriage, wedding pictures, whatsapp and facebook communications, photos with family. Evidence of living together, e.t.c
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 7:23am On Mar 15, 2020
Studyabroad111:
Sent you an email for guidelines

Your time in this section over since you refused to stop this
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 7:54am On Mar 15, 2020
DMainMan:

1. Since you are bringing your dependant, I advise you to put your alloted money in your account. You can also put your dependant maintenance money in your account too if you wish.

2. No. What you need is to proof if your relationship is subsisting. That is marriage certificate, photos b4 marriage and after marriage, wedding pictures, whatsapp and facebook communications, photos with family. Evidence of living together, e.t.c

Thanks for the reply. Yes the allotted money will be in my account for the time frame (28days). What I am concerned about is the SOURCE since it would be a transfer from my parent. Would it be overlooked? Or do I do a gift deed for it? Or it’s not necessary.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 8:16am On Mar 15, 2020
DeeOneBangin:

Thanks for the reply. Yes the allotted money will be in my account for the time frame (28days). What I am concerned about is the SOURCE since it would be a transfer from my parent. Would it be overlooked? Or do I do a gift deed for it? Or it’s not necessary.

No gift deed necessary
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:40am On Mar 15, 2020
Please which accommodation is better for a postgraduate student. Staying within the school or outside the school premises?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 10:46am On Mar 15, 2020
Tbh it doesn’t matter.

If you have the money, stay in school
If not stay outside.
You can always catch the bus or train to your uni.
Plus the money you spend on uni accommodation sometimes can get you a bigger room or studio depending on the city.

Aprokodaughter:
Please which accommodation is better for a postgraduate student. Staying within the school or outside the school premises?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DMainMan: 11:14am On Mar 15, 2020
DeeOneBangin:

No one cares about the source. Just have the money for the timeframe. I think you are confusing tier 4 visa with visitor and spouse visa. You need to Google about tier 4 financial requirements.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 11:15am On Mar 15, 2020
mikeerrr:
Tbh it doesn’t matter.

If you have the money, stay in school
If not stay outside.
You can always catch the bus or train to your uni.
Plus the money you spend on uni accommodation sometimes can get you a bigger room or studio depending on the city.

Thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 11:28am On Mar 15, 2020
DMainMan:

No one cares about the source. Just have the money for the timeframe. I think you are confusing tier 4 visa with visitor and spouse visa. You need to Google about tier 4 financial requirements.

Thanks once again.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by suleyoung(m): 11:58am On Mar 15, 2020
rs172:

I applied on Monday, and i got the offer on Tuesday.
Forensic Accounting
bro how far na?
wish to apply for this same course at postgraduate level(MSc) can you guide on how I can go about this?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by rs172(m): 12:13pm On Mar 15, 2020
suleyoung:

bro how far na?

wish to apply for this same course at postgraduate level(MSc)
can you guide on how I can go about this?

Nothing special, just upload what is requested of you, i started my application and apply the same day.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 12:57pm On Mar 15, 2020
Aprokodaughter:

Thank you

Good afternoon. Please, are you saying it is more expensive to stay in school than off campus. My thinking is that staying in school cut off all other expenses like TV tax, agent fee and other hidden fee plus transport. If I'm wrong kindly elaborate. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by justwise(m): 1:35pm On Mar 15, 2020
excelchips:

Good afternoon. Please, are you saying it is more expensive to stay in school than off campus. My thinking is that staying in school cut off all other expenses like TV tax, agent fee and other hidden fee plus transport. If I'm wrong kindly elaborate. Thanks

The opposite is the case, outside campus is cheaper, students don't pay TV licence and you can rent from private landlord
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LaaJiblik: 2:44pm On Mar 15, 2020
justwise:

[/b]

The opposite is the case, outside campus is cheaper, students don't pay TV licence and you can rent from private landlord

Really?
Really Really?

Justwise, please can you check the authenticity of the bolded statement? Please.

I know for sure that students don’t pay council tax. But TV Licence? Really?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 15, 2020
Everyone is required to pay TV license.

It’s best to rent with a private landlord where your rent is INCLUSIVE of ALL your bills.

In the case where your rent doesn’t include all bills or tv license, but you intend to get a tv, just don’t open the door when they knock.

Tell them you can’t let them in unfortunately
They wouldn’t do anything and you wouldn’t get in trouble.

It’s when you let them in , that they will find out that you have a tv and penalise you
LaaJiblik:

Really?
Really Really?

Justwise, please can you check the authenticity of the bolded statement? Please.

I know for sure that students don’t pay council tax. But TV Licence? Really?

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cyberknight: 3:19pm On Mar 15, 2020
mikeerrr:
Everyone is required to pay TV license.

It’s best to rent with a private landlord where your rent is INCLUSIVE of ALL your bills.

In the case where your rent doesn’t include all bills or tv license, but you intend to get a tv, just don’t open the door when they knock.

Tell them you can’t let them in unfortunately
They wouldn’t do anything and you wouldn’t get in trouble.

It’s when you let them in , that they will find out that you have a tv and penalise you

Not strictly true, licensing officers can get a search warrant and come back.
And the fine is 1,000 pounds, jail time is also possible.

Better to just pay the damn fee, it can be paid in monthly installments of about 13 pounds or so, and it doesn't cover only TVs but also computers, tablets, etc, as long as you're watching live TV. It's a bit difficult to escape it, as even if you are watching Netflix or the rest, and they stream live TV, not a pre-recorded film, you're technically breaking the law.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 15, 2020
Let’s be realistic bro, they ain’t getting no warrant and coming back.

I’ve lived in Sheffield for 6 years now.

First time they did I let them in and got wrong.

I moved somewhere else and they did random checks and knocked on my door, I didn’t let them in and till today, never came with warrant.

How will they know you’ve got a TV if you live in a block of flats? It’s not like Nigeria where you have dstv dish outside.

They only do random checks just for formalities. It’s not that serious.

Yes if you can pay , fine . If you can’t, just be wise.

Cyberknight:

Not strictly true, licensing officers can get a search warrant and come back.
And the fine is 1,000 pounds, jail time is also possible.

Better to just pay the damn fee, it can be paid in monthly installments of about 13 pounds or so, and it doesn't cover only TVs but also computers, tablets, etc, as long as you're watching live TV. It's a bit difficult to escape it, as even if you are watching Netflix or the rest, and they stream live TV, not a pre-recorded film, you're technically breaking the law.

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cyberknight: 3:39pm On Mar 15, 2020
mikeerrr:
Let’s be realistic bro, they ain’t getting no warrant and coming back.

I’ve lived in Sheffield for 6 years now.

First time they did I let them in and got wrong.

I moved somewhere else and they did random checks and knocked on my door, I didn’t let them in and till today, never came with warrant.

How will they know you’ve got a TV if you live in a block of flats? It’s not like Nigeria where you have dstv dish outside.

They only do random checks just for formalities. It’s not that serious.

Yes if you can pay , fine . If you can’t, just be wise.

I know that the enforcement interest varies depending on location, that's definite, like what happens in Lagos w.r.t land use charge taken less seriously in the north or the east. Especially with this tv license thing which is really a stupid tax. Agreed.

My girlfriend's landlord (or sub-lessor) at the time (she just moved from Edinburgh to London) had trouble with them - they came, she didn't allow them in, and they came back with a warrant, she had to let them in. So there was a lot of discussion as to what students are supposed to pay, whether the parents' own tv license covered them outside the house, bla bla bla, but at least that's how I'm aware that licensing officers can get warrants.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:45pm On Mar 15, 2020
It really depends on how you respond to them when they come.

If you play it cool , you’re good.
“Hey, I’m really sorry that I cannot let you in at this time. Unfortunately I’m busy or I’ve got a visitor and this is an inconvenient time for me now”. Bye now or see ya later.

They will go and that’s it.
Won’t bother you again.
At times you can even see them through the door or from your window lmao.

However if you start making it a big deal or responding in a harsh mannerr, they will know something is up. If the person is wicked, they will pursue with the warrant thing.

Like you said, just pay if you can and save yourself the stress or rent a room with bills inclusive.

I personally just think it’s stupid to pay for TV.
Cyberknight:

I know that the enforcement interest varies, that's definite, like what happens in Lagos w.r.t land use charge taken less seriously in the north or the east. Agreed.

My girlfriend's landlord (or sub-lessor) at the time (she just moved from Edinburgh to London) had trouble with them - they came, she didn't allow them in, and they came back with a warrant, she had to let them in. So there was a lot of discussion as to what students are supposed to pay, whether the parents' own tv license covered them outside the house, bla bla bla, but at least that's how I'm aware that licensing officers can get warrants.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 3:49pm On Mar 15, 2020
The scope is whenever you want to get a TV in any outlet be it online store do not drop your real address unless they will come knocking at your door. My friend went to Argos to purchase a TV set despite I warned him never to give in his address to them he went against it and gave them his address lo and behold the following day he received a letter to come pay for TV license or else they will come in to fine him l. instantly my guy returned the TV to Argos and collected his cash back.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 15, 2020
But its not compulsory to have a tv.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 15, 2020
grin[right][/right] shocked
Tobexin:
The scope is whenever you want to get a TV in any outlet be it online store do not drop your real address unless they will come knocking at your door. My friend went to Argos to purchase a TV set despite I warned him never to give in his address to them he went against it and gave them his address lo and behold the following day he received a letter to come pay for TV license or else they will come in to fine him l. instantly my guy returned the TV to Argos and collected his cash back.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
grin shocked Please we like TV haha.

What is man labouring for ?
Enjoyment please
Aprokodaughter:
But its not compulsory to have a tv.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Mar 15, 2020
mikeerrr:
grin shocked Please we like TV haha.

What is man labouring for ?
Enjoyment please

I don't really watch TV because I am in the media. I am going for a media course,broadcast journalism or TV/film production. So I won't have that time to sit lols. But I can do with Netflix cheesy or something online. I can watch once in a while

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (591) (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.