Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,176 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 - Travel (595) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 (1339163 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (646) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Geesucc: 4:43pm On Mar 15, 2020
Very clear now! Thank u sir/ma
Fwaz:
You can request for another 28days statement from your bank.
Let's say from 01may to 28may bank statement is what you used in obtaining your CAS from your school and your CAS was issued to you on 5june, go back to your bank and request for another 28days statement pending when you choose to apply for your visa.. if you chose to apply on 6june, your 28days should start counting from 9may to 5june if I'm not mistaking

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by omopapa: 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
Staying in university accommodation is usually more expensive that renting outside. If u are going for undergraduate studies, I would have advised that u stay in university accommodation for atleast a year so as to meet people and enjoy the freshers parties and other outings in year 1.

Aprokodaughter:
Please which accommodation is better for a postgraduate student. Staying within the school or outside the school premises?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 6:58pm On Mar 15, 2020
mikeerrr:
Let’s be realistic bro, they ain’t getting no warrant and coming back.

I’ve lived in Sheffield for 6 years now.

First time they did I let them in and got wrong.

I moved somewhere else and they did random checks and knocked on my door, I didn’t let them in and till today, never came with warrant.

How will they know you’ve got a TV if you live in a block of flats? It’s not like Nigeria where you have dstv dish outside.

They only do random checks just for formalities. It’s not that serious.

Yes if you can pay , fine . If you can’t, just be wise.

Hi Cyberknight and all. I got admission offer MSc Advanced Security and Digital Forensic at Edinburgh Napier University and MSC Cyber Security at Sheffield Hallam University and currently at cross road on the one to go for. While Im somehow inclined toward Napier due to course contents and also concerned about things things around like possibilities of getting part time job while study, job after the programme, which of the cities is more affordable etc. I need this comparison to conclude of the one to go for. I will really appreciate your advise. Thank you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cyberknight: 7:15pm On Mar 15, 2020
excelchips:

Hi Cyberknight and all. I got admission offer MSc Advanced Security and Digital Forensic at Edinburgh Napier University and MSC Cyber Security at Sheffield Hallam University and currently at cross road on the one to go for. While Im somehow inclined toward Napier due to course contents and also concerned about things things around like possibilities of getting part time job while study, job after the programme, which of the cities is more affordable etc. I need this comparison to conclude of the one to go for. I will really appreciate your advise. Thank you.

I really can't speak to the merits of one programme over the other, IT and associated areas not being my field, so that's for you to do your research, but Sheffield is definitely more affordable re cost of living than "Rip-off" Edinburgh is.

However, remember there's always a trade-off: big cities are expensive, but usually come with better job opportunities than more provincial ones. I've never been to Sheffield, but I hear Yorkshire is increasingly becoming a more interesting place to be, my friend moved to Leeds (about an hour away from Sheffield, I think) and has a lot of positive things to say about the area.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 7:17pm On Mar 15, 2020
omopapa:
Staying in university accommodation is usually more expensive that renting outside. If u are going for undergraduate studies, I would have advised that u stay in university accommodation for atleast a year so as to meet people and enjoy the freshers parties and other outings in year 1.

Thank you, its a postgraduate course
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:21pm On Mar 15, 2020
omopapa:
They might not have enough openings for May academic session as it isn’t as common as Sept and January intake.

Click on the link below for list of universities accredited by IBMS. Ulster, liverpool and the likes are outside london and they are accredited.

https://www.ibms.org/resources/documents/ibms-accredited-undergraduate-degree-coursesa/accredited-course-honours-updated-2018-may-04.pdf

Thanks for this, I really appreciate.

They still haven't replied, so I've decided to apply for the other schools against September.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by autolearner: 8:31pm On Mar 15, 2020
excelchips:

Congratulations mate!

Both courses are certified by the GHCQ, as such you’re covered on education accreditation. What should then inform your choices should be

- City ( Active or Slow-Paced living) - checkout reviews on StudentRoom, Quora & Reddit.
- Check Indeed, UCAS or any other job site for what the market is like for Security related jobs.
- Compare the cost of living, if you’re on a budget. You can check Studentcrowd.
- Lastly, I’d strongly advice that you speak to alumni’s of both schools, preferably on LinkedIn and ask questions(lots of it).

I’m sure with the above you should be able to make a better informed decision about whose offer you should go with.

All the best.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
autolearner:

Congratulations mate!

Both courses are certified by the GHCQ, as such you’re covered on education accreditation. What should then inform your choices should be

- City ( Active or Slow-Paced living) - checkout reviews on StudentRoom, Quora & Reddit.
- Check Indeed or any other job site for what the market is like for Security related jobs.
- Compare the cost of living, if you’re on a budget. You can check Studentcrowd.
- Lastly, I’d strongly advice that you speak to alumni’s of both schools, preferably on LinkedIn and ask questions(lots of it).

I’m sure with the above you should be able to make a better informed decision about whose offer you should go with.

All the best.

Thanks really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 8:47pm On Mar 15, 2020
Cyberknight:

I really can't speak to the merits of one programme over the other, IT and associated areas not being my field, so that's for you to do your research, but Sheffield is definitely more affordable re cost of living than "Rip-off" Edinburgh is.

However, remember there's always a trade-off: big cities are expensive, but usually come with better job opportunities than more provincial ones. I've never been to Sheffield, but I hear Yorkshire is increasingly becoming a more interesting place to be, my friend moved to Leeds (about an hour away from Sheffield, I think) and has a lot of positive things to say about the area.

Thanks really appreciate.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 4:06am On Mar 16, 2020
Chi4321:
Hi everyone!
I applied for a visitors Visa to Denmark, on the 19th of February to meet with my husband .
We got married on the 8th of January.

My husband lives in Denmark , and I was supposed to be visting for 41 days... we booked a flight for 18th of March (2 days time)
On the 27th of Feb I got a Call from the Embassy, and my husband got a mail in Denmark to confirm that he was invitIng me.... which he replied to immediately.
I was hopefully that within 2 days after the interview, I would get a message to pickup my passport !
Until now (16th of March), no messages.... nothing else !
Could anything be wrong

I included this documents during my application
1. Letter of invitation from my husband
2. His passport data page
3. My husbands residency permit .
4. His 6 months pay slip
5. My Saving statement of account (10 million naira)
6. My 4 business statement of account (1million naira)
7. My business registration certificate
8. Marriage certificate
9. Our wedding pictures (with family and friends)
10. Reference from the 2 banks I use .
Please,
Does anyone have an idea, why they havnt returned my passport yet ?
I booked a flight for 18th of this month, will this have an effect on the Visa?
I am so confused right now, as I was told it would take less than 15 days to get approval , now it’s almost 1 month .
Please reply, thanks !
wrong thread! Here solely for students palava and moreover we don’t know anything about Denmark.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by harriseen(m): 10:34am On Mar 16, 2020
mikeerrr:
Tbh it doesn’t matter.

If you have the money, stay in school
If not stay outside.
You can always catch the bus or train to your uni.
Plus the money you spend on uni accommodation sometimes can get you a bigger room or studio depending on the city.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by MsChidi: 2:37pm On Mar 16, 2020
Hence, if the statement is more than 31 days after obtaining CAS, I’ll have to submit a new statement?

hosey:

It is not compulsory and it can be the same bank statement as long as the bank statement is no more than 31 days before your biometrics appointment in the visa application centre.

Ensure that any bank statement you use is less than 31
before your biometrics appointment in the visa application centre. That is the law.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by naledis(f): 2:51pm On Mar 16, 2020
Hello everyone.

Anyone here resuming in April/May? Thinking about how the corona virus outbreak could potentially disrupt those plans? A number of universities are already canceling in-class lectures and switching to online teachings.

I pray this pandemic passes quickly with as little carnage as possible. Everyone in areas hit with the virus; please stay safe.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Cigbojugha: 3:07pm On Mar 16, 2020
naledis:
Hello everyone.

Anyone here resuming in April/May? Thinking about how the corona virus outbreak could potentially disrupt those plans? A number of universities are already canceling in-class lectures and switching to online teachings.

I pray this pandemic passes quickly with as little carnage as possible. Everyone in areas hit with the virus; please stay safe.

I am May applicant o. I have been thinking. I am due to pay my initial school fees deposit this week.
Please elders in the house what is your take on this? Many countries are closing borders. Should I hold on on the process to get my CAS of should I continue with hope that before April all will be under control. I know this question might be big to answer but pls what is your overall view and advise for people in my case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by naledis(f): 3:13pm On Mar 16, 2020
No one can accurately advise you on this as no one can predict what the coming weeks hold.

My case is slightly different from yours as I have made full tuition payment and due to submit my Tier 4 application this week.

Just watch news updates as closely as you can. That way, you might be better informed on what steps to take.

Cigbojugha:

I am May applicant o. I have been thinking. I am due to pay my initial school fees deposit this week.
Please elders in the house what is your take on this? Many countries are closing borders. Should I hold on on the process to get my CAS of should I continue with hope that before April all will be under control. I know this question might be big to answer but pls what is your overall view and advise for people in my case.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Sommylove5: 4:28pm On Mar 16, 2020
harriseen:
Good morning everyone.

So I just got an unconditional offer from Sheffield Hallam University. I’m required to pay a £1k acceptance fee to get my CAS. However I’m also applying for a scholarship that could give me 50% funding for my program. Trying to brainstorm and gather info for an essay I’m expected to write has been a real head scratcher however. I’ll post the topic here, just so anyone is in my shoes or willing to help with useful tips can reach me

”In no more than 500 words, please tell us how you would stand out from the crowd as a scholarship ambassador for Sheffield Hallam University during and after your studies“

Congratulations. I also got an unconditional offer to study msc in Biomedical laboratory science. Am also trying to crack myself to see if I can be lucky to get the transform together scholarship.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 5:11pm On Mar 16, 2020
naledis:
Hello everyone.

This is really food for thought. This pandemic is seriously ravaging the UK and the rest of developed world. While, we walk freely and do not feel its effect in Africa, economic and social life are grounded all over the globe but I believe all will be sort very soon God's willing. Amen
So let's be hopeful and continue to monitor news. God will take control. But I have a question, hope exchange rate has not backslided again as this might have a great impact on our finances.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by naledis(f): 5:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
The exchange rate to guide you is the official rate available on oanda(dot)com

As of today £1 = N450.798

excelchips:

This is really food for thought. This pandemic is seriously ravaging the UK and the rest of developed world. While, we walk freely and do not feel its effect in Africa, economic and social life are grounded all over the globe but I believe all will be sort very soon God's willing. Amen
So let's be hopeful and continue to monitor news. God will take control. But I have a question, hope exchange rate has not backslided again as this might have a great impact on our finances.

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2020
Hmmm this Coronavirus issue no be here oo almost all the Universities are shutting down. My school just shut down indefinitely! All face to face activities suspended and all lectures would be online.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by excelchips(m): 7:18am On Mar 17, 2020
Tobexin:
Hmmm this Coronavirus issue no be here oo almost all the Universities are shutting down. My school just shut down indefinitely! All face to face activities suspended and all lectures would be online.

So sorry about this. Which school is yours ?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by walexy5050(m): 8:12am On Mar 17, 2020
Got mine and my wife visa yesterday for PhD April start
Biometrics done: 9/03
Decision made: 11/03
Passport ready: 16/03
Priority visa

Interview questions
He asked why the school
What I have been doing since my masters
How much I earned
Plans after study
If I am married and if my wife is coming with me
Why the course
Where I will be staying
The cost of accommodation
If I have any other dependent
Any friend or family in UK
Why I am coming to UK now for study leaving my job.

Thank God and appreciate everyone on this forum...you have been helpful.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Tobexin(m): 8:16am On Mar 17, 2020
excelchips:

So sorry about this. Which school is yours ?
Teesside University
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by kolladey(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2020
walexy5050:
Priority visa

Interview questions
He asked why the school
How much I earned
Plans after study
Why the course
Where I will be staying

Congratulations.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:55am On Mar 17, 2020
Tobexin:

I am sure by next week most schools will follow suit. Even Havard University has switched to online during this health crises
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Anfieldboss: 9:19am On Mar 17, 2020
walexy5050:
Priority visa

Interview questions
He asked why the school
How much I earned
Plans after study
Why the course
Where I will be staying

Congratulations boss cheesy, I hope to be like you soon smiley
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by DeeOneBangin: 11:42am On Mar 17, 2020
walexy5050:
Please who can help with the standard visa fee amount in dollars or naira. Also the cost of ihs fee in dollars or naira. I am applying for PhD program and going with my wife.
Thanks

Congratulations. How much did you eventually pay for visa and ihs fee in naira (for you and madam)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by walexy5050(m): 11:45am On Mar 17, 2020
I later did priority for $771 per person (281k) ihs for 3.5yrs (519k) each.
DeeOneBangin:

Congratulations. How much did you eventually pay for visa and ihs fee in naira (for you and madam)

4 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2020
MsChidi:
Hence, if the statement is more than 31 days after obtaining CAS, I’ll have to submit a new statement?

Follow fwaz advice:

Fwaz:
You can request for another 28days statement from your bank.
Let's say from 01may to 28may bank statement is what you used in obtaining your CAS from your school and your CAS was issued to you on 5june, go back to your bank and request for another 28days statement pending when you choose to apply for your visa.. if you chose to apply on 6june, your 28days should start counting from 9may to 5june if I'm not mistaking

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (592) (593) (594) (595) (596) (597) (598) ... (646)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.